Extras

No Smoke Without Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone, these are a few scenes that I intended to write, then scrapped. The first few are more to the main couple while the last one is Baeksoo! Hope you enjoy!

 

EXTRA 1: TWO DAYS AFTER TRIAL

 

“Your Highness! Please wake up!”

 

Soojin groaned as her blankets were snatched off her body. She curled up into a ball, deciding to just let the cold eat her away.

 

“Your Highness, please! His Majesty is requesting your presence in the throne room. It is urgent.”

 

She cracked an eye open at the maid’s shrill voice. She was still not used to hearing Sehun being referred to as ‘His Majesty’.

 

The maid was about to speak again when someone knocked on Soojin’s door. However, before she could ask who it was, Sehun came bounding in. He dumped himself on the foot of her bed, staring at her with wide eyes.

 

“What is it?” she groaned as she sat up slowly. “We just returned home three days ago and this is the first time I have gotten proper sleep. It had better be urgent.”

 

“Mother and Father.” He his lips. “They passed away last night.”

 

She was wide awake now as the maid beside her gasped. “What? Wasn’t the execution due for a few more days?”

 

“The Bucheon guards found them dead in their chambers in the middle of the night. It looked like they had stabbed themselves, since the weapon was in Father’s hands. Also, no one had any access to their rooms except King and Queen Byun.”

 

“I did not even get to say goodbye,” Soojin murmured, more to herself than anything.

 

“They took their own lives before they would be humiliated in another kingdom… Somehow, I am not too surprised.”

 

She nodded. It was the most dignified way for her parents to go at this point.

 

Sehun yawned. “I am going to retrieve their bodies today with some of the ministers. Are you coming along?”

 

“I will just stay here to prepare the funeral with the ladies.” Shaking her head, she gripped the bedsheets. “There is a lot to be done since it happened much earlier than expected.”

 

The funeral preparation was just one of the reasons. Soojin could not bear to see the lifeless bodies of the people she once called Mother and Father. Something about the stillness that the dead gave off was unsettling.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. Just go ahead without me, oppa. I’ll be fine here.”

 

With one last scrutinizing gaze, he left the room, calling for his advisor.

 

EXTRA 2: TWO YEARS LATER

 

“Happy birthday, Baekhyun! May you live for a thousand more years.” Chanyeol placed his carefully-wrapped gift atop the banquet table.

 

“What thousand? It would be a miracle if any of us were to live to a hundred, after all the stress we have gone through.” Soojin hit his arm playfully before turning towards the birthday boy. “Happy birthday, Baekhyun. Congratulations on earning your new title too! Are you not the youngest military general and Minister of War to have existed in Bucheon?”

 

Kyungsoo snorted. “How do you think he got the post? You know they cannot say no to a prince.”

 

“Hey! This prince worked day and night to get this title.”

 

Chanyeol gently guided Soojin to one of the chairs. “All because you wanted to spend more time with Kyungsoo? You are definitely smitten.”

 

“Could I not say the same for you, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun huffed as he slid into his own seat. “You and Soojin are inseparable, even after two years of marriage. But no matter, let us enjoy ourselves first. Have a drink, all of you.”

 

The four of them clinked their glasses. All but one put their glasses to their lips after the sound resonated through the air.

 

“Why are you not drinking, Soojin? It is my birthday.”

 

She shrunk in her seat as Baekhyun frowned at her. “I cannot drink because…”

 

“… Because it is bad for the baby.” Chanyeol finished her sentence, nodding casually.

 

“The baby?” Baekhyun’s eyes looked as if they would fall out of their sockets. “Soojin, you are pregnant?”

 

She nodded.

 

“That is excellent news! Congratulations! How long have you known? What are you planning to name it?”

 

EXTRA 3: A YEAR LATER

 

Soojin was out of breath as she ran up the hill, not being used to such strenuous activity. Her shoes were muddied, her hair was in a mess, and she was pretty sure that she was sweating buckets.

 

This time, however, there was someone running beside her.

 

She collapsed onto the ground. Laying on her back, she looked up at the sky which was seemingly spinning all around her. Her chest heaved up and down as breath came out in short puffs. The smile on her face could not seem to go away, but it was not like she was complaining anyway.

 

Chanyeol’s face came int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter