Announcement

Variety Pack

Note: Please disregard this chapter if you have already read my notice in any of my other PRISTIN stories.

Hello, this is ackermagg. 

As you probably know, PRISTIN has since disbanded. The official announcement from Pledis (and subsequent news articles) was posted yesterday. 

Like many HIghs, I'm heartbroken. I'm angry. I'm devastated. 

I could go on to explain in great detail why I feel this way, but twitter user @joekavaliers wrote a blog post that described exactly why PRISTIN's disbandment is such an outage to HIghs. https://antoniyuh.wordpress.com/2019/05/24/understanding-the-outrage-the-story-of-pristin/ 

So where does this leave me, and other HIghs that produce Pristin-related fan content? Personally, I still have stories and chapters in my drafts, with ideas and prompts barely touched. I'm currently attending university, and was looking forward to this summer where I could write as much as I wanted. With PRISTIN now gone, this of course changes things. But I don't want to abandon writing about the girls yet. For me, I think that writing about them will be the best outlet for me. This will be my version of mourning. And creating stories will be my dedication to them--a celebration of the amazing group that was gone far too soon. I'm not ready to say goodbye, and I honestly don't believe I ever will. PRISTIN was the first group I officially ulted, back in the summer of 2017, and I felt like I've grown up with them as I learned about K-pop and all it has to offer. 

I will still continue writing about PRISTIN. And I appreciate everyone, HIgh or not, that will continue reading my stories about them. But I completely understand and respect the HIghs that choose to stop creating and consuming PRISTIN content temporarily or all together. 

Thank you PRISTIN for existing. To Nayoung, Minkyung, Kyungwon, Yaebin, Eunwoo, Siyeon, and Kyla, I thank you for your bravery for leaving and wish you nothing the best as you embark on a brand new chapter of your life. To Jieqiong, Yewon, and Sungyeon, I thank you for your bravery for staying and wish you the best as you continue following your dreams under Pledis Entertainment. I will never stop loving and supporting all ten of these girls, even as they go on different and separate paths.

Normally I hate it when authors use chapters of their stories to make announcements, but I believe the circumstances call for this. 

We'll be all right.