Too Many New People Around

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When will you finally learn how to say no to that friend of yours, huh?" Sunmi Noona yells at me after throwing the confirmation letter sent by SBS to our company.

I pursed my lips as I stare at her who's standing in front of me with both of her hands on her hips, I then closed my eyes before saying "I'm sorry that I did not ask for your permission, I just thought there's nothing wrong there."

I defended the idea although I myself do not like it.

She then scoffs then lightly kicks the ball in front of me. "You can't fool me. You hate cameras, you even cursed nonstop right after the shoot, now you're going to tell me that you're fine with it?"

She then raised one of her brows, glaring down at me.

I just snickered and shook my head slowly.

"Stop being so whipped, Jeon Jungkook. She might be the death of you." She reminds me before taking her leave.

However, before she could finally go out of the locker room, "I scheduled a meeting with Chaeyoung and her head producer, hurry up and wash yourself. I'll be waiting in the van."

 

"Good afternoon, Ms. Sunmi." Momo, Chaeyoung's friend since College greets us as soon as we arrived at the restaurant.

We both sat in front of Chaeyoung and Heechul, while Momo sat in the host seat.

"We are really thankful that you allowed Jungkook to be part of our show." Heechul-nim politely says with a smile.

Noona looks at him intensely, then averts her glare to Chaeyoung, "I didn't. He was forced."

Chaeyoung just pretends to not hear her as she roams her eyes around, without stopping to look at Noona.

"Ms. Park, it seems that you're using the friendship card just to fulfill your job as an Assistant Producer." Noona now directed her words to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung only beams at her, "What?" then blinks her eyes beautifully.

Noona rolled her eyes, "Stop that! You're taking advantage of Jungkook!"

Momo then interrupts, "It's not like that Sunmi Unnie." Momo sweetly and calmly speaks.

"It's just that, they have this care and soft spot for each other. They have been friends for I don't know how long. When I met Chaeyoung in College, she already has Jungkook by her side." Momo overdramatically explains to Noona.

I then take a glance at Chaeyoung who's smiling so widely at Noona.

"That's true. We just have this strong bond, even when we met a lot of other people in our lives, nothing could be compared to our relationship." She says before looking at me while wiggling her brows.

That's right.

We have that kind of bond.

 

2012

"You took all the entrance exams. Whoa." I say in full amusement when I saw all the acceptance letter she received.

She just proudly shrugged her shoulder and while wearing that smug look on her face "Well, it can't be helped. I really don't know where to use this too much knowledge I have in my head."

I laugh out loud due to her statement, I told you, right?

She could be a little immature and childish at times but she's extremely funny.

I wiped the tears in my eyes after laughing so hard at this girl's hilariousness. I calmed myself down before finally saying, "Congratulations then. I'm really proud of you." putting a stress on the word proud.

She suddenly moves closer to my face to whisper, "Do you know what schools did Mina try on? You know, you two are friends."

That's right. I attended that dinner we both won.

She actually pushed me to do it.

"That was so selfish of me." She said as she slapped her forehead.

We are still standing outside of the school gate while she's having dilemma about herself and while my heart has been in a confused state.

She raises her head, at the verge of crying, then apologizes once more. "Ugh! I'm sorry." She then exhaled sharply. "I just hate it. Mina gets all the firsts that I want to have. From Math, Science to Sports." She then bites her lower lip. "I'm just scared... that she might also get the only friend that I have."

That's right.

Chaeyoung has these unnecessary insecurities.

Every time we talk about this, she always tells me that the only thing she can be proud of is her academic standing since nobody wants to be friends with her -- for which, she'll always defend herself by saying that that she doesn't need them, anyway-- that's why when we met Mina, she really had this dislike feeling for the girl.

"Go. Go ahead. I don't want to stop you, after all, it's a nice restaurant." She says pouting while tugging on my wristband.

I just shrugged, "Why don't you go ask her? I already introduced you last time. Why don't you talk to her yourself?" I've been trying to help her be friends with her, however, she's too shy and prideful to be start a conversation with them.

She just rolled her eyes at me as she proceeds with her lunch.

 

It's the last day of classes before our graduation and all of the grade 12 students are free. And as a tradition, to be able to make the best out of our High School life, we are free to write on our batch mates' school uniforms.

"JUNGKOOK!!" Bambam once again screams my name. "Eunha from Class C is here."

I closed my eyes and sighed.

When she stands right in front of me, I offered her a smile.

"Hi. Hmm. You know, I've hm... I've always liked you. I never missed any of your match. Can I write on your uniform?" She shyly asks as she puts her hair behind her ear.

I slowly nod my head as I stare down on my uniform. And when I take a look at her, it seems that she also sees the problem here.

"It's okay, I'll just write it very small, on this side..." She trails as she looks for a space on my uniform.

I mumbled a low, "sorry." to her.

After that, I suddenly heard Seokmin speaks "I...like...you...Jeon Jungkook." he slowly read them.

"Whoa. This is unbelievable. I don't think there is a female student here that didn't write on your uniform." He utters while scanning the messages on my uniform.

I just clicked my tongue, "Shut up, Seokmin. This is embarrassing." I say as I scratch the back of my neck.

Bambam joins the teasing, "Why are you shy? You're Mr. Popular, Mr. Football, Mr. Nice Guy. Every girl in this school has a crush on you and every guy wants to be friends with you." he then placed his arm over my shoulders, "But, sorry. You're picky when it comes to your friends. Only Seokmin and I passed your taste."

I nudge his stomach, "You're crazy. I'll just go outside."

"Ohhh. He'll go to Chaeyoung..." Seokmin says while grinning. "The ever so lucky Chaeyoung."

I slap both of their heads before I head out of the room towards Class A.

I take a peek inside the room, only to find her sitting at the corner, reading a book with her uniform still clean.

"Excuse me, can I enter?" I asked the guy sitting near the door, he just nodded his head before going back to packing, probably his gifts for his classmates.

I slowly walked towards her and when I reach near her back, I started writing.

When she felt it, she suddenly shouts "Yah!"

"Sit still." I hold her shoulder firmly.

"Yah, what did you write there?" She tried looking at her back before glaring at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter