The Moment He's Zoned Out

Zone Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Awwww!" I heard nothing but screams of second hand pain from everyone in the office this early morning. 

I, myself, shut my eyes and clenched my fists as hard as I could the moment he fell hard down on the ground.

I slowly open my eyes to see my man lying down, and does not have any power to stand after that bad fall. 

My boss behind be suddenly exclaimed, "That was a cheat!" which was followed by my workmates' protests. 

I exhaled deeply with my brows furrowed just as deep, and there I started cursing nonstop under my breath as I walk out of the room not wanting to see further my boyfriend in pain, live on the National Television.

 

"I can't believe he knocked you down. Did he think the game was boxing? He should have played in the ring than beat someone in the field where you're supposed to run and make a goal and not run and box people down." I ramble nonstop as we walk our way to his van. 

I felt him shake as he chuckles a bit while his arm hangs around my shoulders. 

"There's nothing funny here, Jeon Jungkook." I tell him as I help him get into the van. 

When I already settled on the seat beside him, I narrowed my eyes at him, "How could you still laugh when you almost break your back, legs and right arm. Now, you can't walk, can't mpve your arms and you won't be able to play for half of the season. How come you're still laughing?" I questioned him unbelievably. 

He stretches his left arm until it reached my cheeks, he went on pinching my cheeks, "Because you're hilarious and cute at the same time." 

I am sure my face is painted in pink right now, thankfully, it is dark in the car right now, and I assume he won't be able to see.

"Stop blushing, my heart's racing uncontrollably." He teased. 

I just rolled eyes and turn my head to the window side, trying to hide the smile that's creeping up my face. 

 

"You have to rest for two months according to the doctor." Sunmi unnie tells him. "Don't worry, all sponsors dropped him. You should thank your fans for being so dedicated to you." 

He simply smiles, "Yeah, I'm glad."

Sunmi unnie just sighs, "I just don't know if we're able to even place this season without you." 

Again, Jungkook just chuckles, "Noona, we were placing before not just because of me. I have great teammates. They would do just great." 

She just smirks and shakes her head, "You being humble just adds you millions of fans." 

She then stands, and looks at Jungkook who's lying on his bed, from head to toe, "I'll get you a nurse, to help you move around. I'll contact an agency tomorrow morning." She then glances at me, "See you next time, Chaeyoung-PD."

She was about to leave when Jungkook suddenly calls out, "Noona!" 

She then whips her head, and with raised eyebrows, she asks, "What?" 

"I don't need a nurse." He says.

I turn my head at him with my brows knitted in the middle.

He repeats, "I don't need a nurse." He then adds, in my surprise, "Chaeyoung's going to take care of me." 

My eyes widen, "What?!" I exclaimed. 

He then looks at me innocently, "You're going to take care of me."

I scoff, "Who told you?" 

Sunmi unnie then interrupts, "It's the obligation of the girlfriend. I knew I have to spell it out for you." She shakes her head slowly in dismay. 

With wide eyes and with my mouth hung open, I turn my head to a smiling Jungkook. 

That's why he's been so happy. 

 

I squint my eyes even more at this guy. 

"If you don't open your mouth now, I'm really going to get mad." I warned him. 

He just continues to read the magazine on his lap, "Please be a little gentle and patient with your disabled boyfriend." He says without tearing his eyes from the magazine. 

I just snorted, "Yah, since when did you learn to act like this? You're getting into my nerves."

He then turned to me, "Ahhhh." He said, opening his mouth. 

I feed him even when it's against my will until we head a knock on his door. 

"Do you expect a visitor?" I asked. 

And, he looks as confused as me as he answers with, "No..." 

I went to open the door only to see this pretty woman standing outside. 

And with a smile, she wonders, "How's Jungkook?" 

I just forced a smile on my face and let her enter the room. 

I silently watch as Sana-ssi prepares a soup for Jungkook. 

"He needs this. My mom said this would help one to recover faster." She informs me. I just nod my head and continue watching her in silence. 

She sat beside me as she waits for the soup to boil. 

"I knew Jungkook has always seen you differently." She turns to me with a smile, I blink my eyes, "I'm sorry, what?"

She giggles, "On the very first day of the shoot, he has his eyes on you. I remember having a hard time walking in the mud, I was expecting him to help me, but then when I looked at him, he was watching your every moment. He flinches every time he sees you almost fall down the mud." She then continues, "Back then, I just thought you two have really formed a strong friendship, I remember wishing to have a relationship like that, I also hoped to be friends with you." 

She lifts her head then tells me, "I have gotten to know Jungkook even more as we spend more time together. And it has just become a habit, every time we see each other that I always look forward to his stories... Stories of you and him. Again, I wished to have a friendship like that." 

She her lips before she continues, "Chaeyoung-PD, please don't take this against me, but since I got to know him better, I developed a little crush on him. You know, he's nice, funny and really gentle." She shyly admits. 

"But when he told me that he has liked someone since they were younger... That's when everything clicked in. He does not just have all his eyes on you, but also his heart." She tilts her head. 

"And I'm glad, you finally have seen him as a man. And you two are really cute." She gives me a 2 thumbs up. 

And there, I sighed with a smile on my face, "I want to be friends with Sana-ssi." I beam at her which caused her to chuckle a little. 

 

"Bye Jungkook-ssi, I wish for your fast recovery, please be back on TV. I don't know any players anymore." Sana-ssi pouts as she bids Jungkook and I goodbye. 

The moment she went out of the house, I went straight to Jungkook's room. 

He's quick to command, "I need to change into my pajamas, Chaeng." 

I just sighed and leans closer to help him take off his shirt. There, I wasn't able to stop myself from asking  him the question I've been meaning  as I take his cloth off, "I wonder why did you choose me over Sana-ssi. She's really cute and nice. She isn't short tempered, she actually looks really patient. She's a good catch, to be honest." 

I then get him his pajamas, I put it on him and helped him to aclose all the buttons, "She's also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter