Final

If You Like Me

🍁  If You Like Me - 2kim story 🍁

 

Chaewon left the deepest impression on Minjoo throughout Produce 48. Perhaps she left the deepest impression on all other trainees too.

Who could blame them though? The second oldest woollim trainee literally was like a living angel and became iconic when she was announced as a final member of the debuting group surprisingly, when she actually barely survived from the last elimination ranking. Not meaning to brag, but Chaewon really had her own way to steal people’s hearts without trying something extreme.

Like how she stole Minjoo’s heart smoothly, without the very owner realized it herself.

Counting until their debut day, Minjoo had grown closer to Chaewon compared to when the show first ended. They lived in the same dorm, practicing together, staying the nights together and talked about many things they couldn’t learn from each other before.

She’s aware Chaewon was the shy type and rarely interacted with a lot of fellow trainees, but once they were set to debut together, she was surprised to see the older girl actually had a different, unique personality that she never saw.

“Unnie, you’re seriously crazy!” Minjoo laughed so hard that tears began to show up from her eyes.

Since many days she had spent to build the bond with the older girl (and of course other members too), she started to adore Chaewon more and more.

One day, she just woke up and found herself staring at Chaewon was the best thing she could ever did. Thus led herself to get caught and interrogated, of course she smoothly got away from it.

“Minjoo unnie~” She felt Yujin snuggled close to her but the older girl slapped her face playfully, causing the younger to whine.

“ it up, Yujin!” Minjoo giggled.

“I thought you told Chaewon unnie that you like me?!”

“Dream on, kid!” Minjoo stuck her tongue out.

Yujin smirked. “That’s a cover up for your crush on her, huh?!” That’s not a question, but a threat, definitely yup.

“Y-Yujin, do you want to go grab some mint choco ice cream?!” The visual of the group panicked.

“I don’t like mint choco! That’s Chaewon unnie’s favourite, not mine!”

Minjoo glared at the younger. “Fine, let’s just get some ice cream together!”

“Yeay!!!” Yujin became a hyper kid like she always is happily skipped to the door with Minjoo (and her wallet).

***

“Minjoo, stop staring! Do you want to get caught again?” Yuri nudged her and snapped her out from her daze.

Everyone in the group knew of Minjoo’s big fat crush on a certain red-haired radish fairy, except the radish fairy herself. They often caught the pepe would stare every once in a while and her eyes would turn into a heart-eyes emoji every time she did.

She already was caught once, but she denied her crush on the older girl and the topic was quickly dismissed.

“But Chaewon unnie doesn’t know it!”

“That’s because Chaewon unnie is just really dense!”

“Fine,” Minjoo groaned.

***

After debuting together, it amazed Minjoo how much she meant to Chaewon more as days passed.

They became the no-jam counterparts, with Chaewon being the endless teasing victims for being a no-jam, and the radish fairy would always drag her name down with her and accused Minjoo as more no-jam member than herself.

Honestly, Minjoo couldn’t understand why everyone would say Chaewon was a no-jam member when the older girl could crack a little joke and Minjoo would laugh her out afterwards.

Or perhaps, she’s just really whipped for Chaewon.

She’d tell fans that the member that got along the best with her would be Chaewon, but she did not expect the feeling would be mutual and Chaewon actually felt herself being best matched with Minjoo too (along with Yena, but she just wanted to practically leave this name out - kidding).

Minjoo wanted more of Chaewon’s attention, so she needed to step up her game than just being the no-jam counterpart of Chaewon. Using Yujin as her shield didn’t exactly work because that gave more reason for Chaewon to stay away from her and played with other members instead.

(Specifically Hitomi and Yena, because Chaewon adored their cheeks. Chaewon had a thing for cute girls with fluffy cheeks like the mochi and the ducky of the group; or just really cute girls like all Japanese trainees in Produce 48, but fans would often overlook that gay trait from her. Minjoo wondered why WIZ*ONE would even claim the radish fairy for being the only straight girl in the group when she legit went all out gay for Goto Moe in the show - oh wait, Chaewon didn’t have that much screentime anyway, so the fans would never notice).

***

[IZ*ONE gc]

Yujin: (drop link) The top 58 girls from 프듀 (=short word for Produce), I’m proud of our friends ㅠㅠ
 

Eunbi: Sae center (heart eyes emoji)

Chaeyeon: This is exactly why biyeon sunk =|

Eunbi: ………….

Yena: Bold of you to assume biyeon was even a thing (snickering emoji)

Wonyoung: Unnie, that’s…

Minjoo: ......tragic

Chaewon: MOE (heart eyes emoji)

Eunbi: I swear Chaewon you’re so gay for Moe

Chaewon: Do you even hear yourself whenever you talk about Sae unnie???

Yuri: Oops, woollimz exposing each other

Hitomi: This gc wasn’t this noisy when No Way Man came out (thinking emoji)

Eunbi went offline

Chaewon went offline

Nako: (eye emoji)

Sakura: I guess the gayz really jumped out huh?!

***

Minjoo was aware of Chaewon’s friendship with Moe. In fact, she learned about how deep their friendship was since she became teammate with Moe for concept evaluation. Chaewon would come to their practice room to talk to Moe sometimes, and the two would occasionally eat together for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

When Moe’s name wasn’t announced for the top 20 trainees, Chaewon cried while hugging Moe backstage and it was never shown on TV (I obviously made this scene up but who knows this could really happen) and Chaewon wasn’t even the type that would cry often.

To say Minjoo wasn’t jealous of their friendship was an understatement.

***

“Chaewon unnie…”

The red-haired fairy glanced up and met Minjoo’s eyes.

“Is it true you had a thing for Moe back when we were in 프듀?”

Chaewon chuckled at the question and put away her school book that she was studying.

“Oh you were studying? Sorry I shouldn’t have bothered y-”

“It’s okay!” Chaewon caught Minjoo’s wrist and forced the younger to sit next to her. “I missed a lot on my studies and barely could understand everything that I read today.”

Minjoo’s lips curved into a slight smile before she eventually chuckled. The older girl could be really witty sometimes.

“Why are you suddenly asking me about Moe? It’s been months since the show ended anyway.”

Minjoo didn’t know where to start to be honest but she guessed Eunbi’s message in their group chat had triggered her.

“When Eunbi unnie mentioned it in our gc, I suddenly had a war flashback of that time when you cried after reuniting with Moe in Japan! Even Hyewon unnie wasn’t that whipped when she saw Minami, and they were separated longer than Moe and you were!”

Chaewon pondered for a while, thinking back of a certain tall Japanese girl that caught her eyes during company evaluation when they first were graded from A to F classes.

“You could say I had a crush on her, but we just don’t mean to be together, I guess,” the group’s fairy was being honest and sighed.

“But I think she has a crush on you too! She even chose you for her top visual pick! What do you mean by you don’t mean to be together?!”

“lol calm down Minjoo! Why are you throwing a fit on me all of sudden?” Chaewon chuckled but it was obvious she was surprised by Minjoo’s outrage.

“Sorry,” Minjoo uttered.

“Our idol lives aren’t making it easy for us. We have to cross the sea if we want to see each other and you know how terrible it is to have ourselves committed to a long-distance relationship!”

Minjoo slowly nodded in agreement and understood where Chaewon came from.

“I see. I’m sorry about that.”

***

[IZ*TWO gc]

Eunbi added Sakura

Eunbi added Chaeyeon

Eunbi added Hyewon

Eunbi added Yena

Eunbi added Daughter Nako💕

Eunbi added Hitomi

Eunbi added Yuri

Eunbi added Yujin

Eunbi added Wonyoung

Eunbi: (drop gif) Chaewon deadass being mean to Minjoo but spoiling Wonyoung

Yena: That’s cold but do we really have to create a different gc just to talk about this no-jam duo?!

Sakura: Wow Minjoo and Chaewon are tom & jerry couple like me and Yena (a really broken Korean here)

Wonyoung: Honestly I felt bad to Minjoo unnie during this fansign. I didn’t know Chaewon unnie would be that mean to Minjoo unnie

Yujin: *snorted* Wonyoung sweetie, you think they’re fighting because of you when Minjoo unnie was enjoying this whole tom & jerry thing because she think she’s special to Chaewon unnie

Yuri: WONYOUNG IS BLUSHING

Eunbi: Omo baby rabbit who hurt you???!

Wonyoung: Yuri unnie don’t expose ne challenge: fail 😤

Nako: Is this the end of jangjorimz?

Yujin: AWEEEE Wonyoungie did you really like me that much 😏

Hitomi: Aren’t we talking about Chaewon unnie and Minjoo?

Eunbi: Exactly! We need to come up with a plan!

Yujin: Wonyoung I’m coming there!!! (run emoji)

Hyewon: Did I just see someone dash out-

Chaeyeon: Ahn Yujin don’t knock too hard or you’ll break the door!!!

***

Minjoo enjoyed messing with Chaewon, and enjoyed being messed with by Chaewon. The older girl’s reactions were always cute in her eyes, and she just wanted to see it everyday.

***

[Minjoo dm Chaewon]

Minjoo: Unnie, can you sleep in my room with me tonight?

Ssammu unnie: You have Yujin

Minjoo smiled at the text because Chaewon legit sounded like a jealous gf.

Minjoo: She ran to the other dorm to sleep with Wonyoung 😷

Ssammu unnie: Did Yujin finally realize Wonyoung is meant for her and dump you now?? Because if yesss I’m applauding 🤣🤣🤣

She was so playful and funny that Minjoo had a good laugh out of it.

Minjoo: UNNIE!!! ㅠㅠ I’m upset enough right here but you chose to clown me 🤧

Chaewon: ……..

Chaewon: I’m coming

Chaewon: with my pillow because I didn’t want to use Yujin’s who didn’t wash her hair for three consecutive days

***

Minjoo was preparing for bed in the top bunk when Chaewon crashed in her shared room with Yujin without a proper knock.

The radish fairy had her pink pj on, the same one she wore on the 1st episode of IZ*ONE Chu and honestly that was such a cute look the older member had delivered.

And she had her pillow with her, as well as one rilakkuma huge stuff.

“Unnie, come and sleep with me in this top bunk…” Minjoo persuaded and tried her best with an alluring voice that Chaewon couldn’t resist.

“You’re c-crazy! Why I should share a bunk with you when I could have a huge one to myself!”

It’s crazily cute how Chaewon got so flustered with Minjoo’s request and a pair of shade pink started to creep up on her cheeks.

“Aww come one~ All I need is a warm hug tonight and you’re being such a tsundere as always!”

Minjoo pouted her lips and pretended to be sulky.

“Fine~”

Chaewon gave up from playing hard to get so just she climbed into Minjoo’s bed.

Minjoo wasted no time and quickly cuddled her current favourite unnie close to her.

“Eww,” Chaewon pretended to be disgusted and tried to dust Minjoo off of her but Minjoo knew better that the former was actually a softie and not that cold-hearted.

“Aish, stay still unnie or I’m gonna throw you off to the floor!”

Chaewon stopped attempting of removing Minjoo’s arm that was wrapping itself around her body and the younger member finally could hug her in peace.

“Ah, this is so nice~”

***

[Yujin dm Minjoo]

Yujin: Tell us how it went tomorrow 😉

 

Minjoo: So far so good.

 

Minjoo : Chaewon unnie is staying still in my embrace quietly for once 😍

 

[IZ*TWO gc]

Yujin: (forwarded message) Chaewon unnie is staying still in my embrace quietly for once 😍

Chaeyeon: Wow, what a character development

***

The next morning;

Minjoo was in the shower when a message popped up in her phone’s notification.

Eunbi unnie 🐰: How did it go?

Eunbi unnie 🐰: Are things going well between the both of you?

Eunbi unnie 🐰: I hope you don’t kill each other throughout the night you spent together.

Eunbi unnie 🐰: Did you confess yet?

 

***

[IZ*ONE gc]

Chaewon: good morning ^^

Chaewon: (drop link) Listen to this masterpiece to bless your ears in the morning (this is lowkey me lol)

Eunbi: Lovelyz sunbaenim?! (insert confused emoji)

Yena: 꽃점 (Floral)?

Yujin: *gasp* THE LYRICS

***

Minjoo was still in the shower and had no idea what’s going on between the members.

***

[Chaewon dm Eunbi]

Chaewon: Unnie, how do I appropriately respond to someone liking me? Asking for a friend

Kwon mother: 👀👀

Kwon mother: Chaewon sweetie, I think you should figure out how you felt for that person first before making a decision that you might regret for life

Chaewon: She said she liked someone else before this, so I tried to stay away from her before I got too attached, but now the table’s suddenly turned, once again asking for a friend

***

[Eunbi dm Minjoo]

Eunbi unnie 🐰: Did you confess???

Eunbi unnie 🐰: I think Chaewon already knew! She’s asking me weird things now

***

[Eunbi dm Chaewon]

Kwon mother: are you talking about a certain pepe?

Chaewon: I think we got the same person

Kwon mother: ……...did this pepe we’re talking about had confessed to you?

Chaewon: Nope, you revealed it yourself

Kwon mother: ……….Kim Chaewon!!! You tricked me 😭😭😭

Chaewon: It’s not my fault you easily fell for my trap

Chaewon: Who told you to dm Minjoo in the morning when that froggy was still in the shower for God knows how long while I was playing game in her phone

Kwon mother: oh God please help me I’m so screwed~

Chaewon: but to be honest though, I had my own suspicion about Minjoo liking me but she just doesn’t have that much courage to admit it

Kwon mother: So what are you going to do about it now?

***

Chaewon sighed to herself as she lied down on her bed. Minjoo hadn’t come out from the shower when she left the room, not forgetting to delete all Eunbi’s latest messages on the younger girl’s phone so there wouldn’t be a trace of the whole confession things. Minjoo didn’t have to know about it yet.

Honestly she’d be lying if she said Minjoo hadn’t gotten a special place in her heart nowadays. Although she took her affection towards the visual of the group as merely a platonic kind of feeling (at least previously), she couldn’t deny how much Minjoo actually meant to her and how jealous she became when her famous ship with Yujin was sailing.

Chaewon rubbed her face, trying to get a peace of mind that apparently failed because a certain topic about love confession had been bothering her.

The two younger J-line came to the beagle line’s dorm for a short visit and sat in the group leader’s shared room with a radish fairy, a ducky and a cake lover.

It was only Chaewon left in the room because apparently, the captain rabbit, the ducky and the cake lover had gone to the other dorm to eat whatever Chaeyeon had cooked for them.

“We heard from Eunbi unnie.”

The two cutest members (at least in Chaewon’s eyes) briefly made an intro, and Chaewon knew what they meant right away.

“We’re not in the right place to judge, but please make a decision that is wise for you, Minjoo and everyone in the group.”

“Minjoo had tried her best, maybe it’s your time to open the way for her.”

“You must be so confused right now. Come and join us in the other dorm. Nako will get Minjoo to join too!” Hitomi put her hand on Chaewon’s shoulder and gave a little squeeze before the shortest of the group eventually left to Minjoo’s room. Chaewon couldn’t resist the mochi’s cuteness and pinched her fluffy cheek which caused the younger girl to whine.

The red-haired fairy giggled before kissing (it was close to biting to be honest) the strawberry lover’s cheek. “Thank you, Hiichan!”

***

Minjoo read the group chat and saw what Chaewon sent in the group. It was a song that had been in Chaewon’s playlist since it was first released and Minjoo couldn’t help but wonder to whom Chaewon dedicated the song to.

She looked up to the lyrics and felt how much the song hit her.

While she was immersed in the feeling, Yuri’s message interrupted her heavenly thought.

Yuri: Do I sense a hint from Chaewon unnie? Yesss

Minjoo: What should I do?

Yuri: Maybe you should confess sooner or later Minjoo-ya

Minjoo gave it a careful thought before deciding for herself.

***

Christmas was approaching. The group was instructed to gather and prepare to record a pre-party video before they’d have to head to Japan.

Wonyoung as usual sat at the center but for some reason the seats arrangement weren’t the same for other members.

Chaewon just had to sit between the famous jinjoo couple and at this point she was sure the fans would accuse her of third-wheeling once again. Like the pre-debut vlive they had in Yujin’s room wasn’t enough.

It was on their objective for the day that they would have to write a card and dedicate a message to a certain member, with Hitomi voicing up the suggestion.

Chaewon played with Minjoo like any other normal days, completely ignoring of the fact that she knew of Minjoo’s crush on her.

Eunbi started reading her card first, and she chose Yujin as the member she dedicated the card for. Then it was how the sequence was decided. After Eunbi, Yujin would read hers and she just really had to write her card for Minjoo.

The radish fairy tensed up as Yujin read her message out loud and from the corner of her eyes she saw Wonyoung wasn’t having it as well. It’s like their moods were dampened for a little and the world suddenly turned gloomy for the both of them.

Minjoo looked like she was falling in love with Yujin’s message and she glanced at Chaewon’s face for a while to see her reaction.

‘Is unnie jealous yet?’

The visual took the next turn and cleared . Her heart started thumping crazily and her cheeks flushed before she even started reading it.

“I wrote my card for Ssammu unnie, Chaewon unnie.”

She swore she saw Chaewon’s face brightened up when she said that.

“To Ssammu princess, Chaewon unnie- ahh how can I read this?”

Minjoo was blushing madly and buried her face to Chaewon. “Unnie, do you want to read it?”

Soon everyone started having a hunch on what Minjoo wrote for Chaewon in that card and it couldn’t be helped that Yujin saw the message and started to snatch that card to mess with her roommate.

“No way, is it a love confession?!”

Wonyoung really just had to announce it to the world, huh?!

“Unnie, are you gonna read it?” Yujin asked.

“No~” Minjoo wanted to hide somewhere but it wasn't possible at this point. She already came a long way, did she really have to give up now?

“You said you were gonna read it anyway!” Hyewon was shouting from the corner and Chaewon laughed at her tantrum.

Things calmed down for a little while in the room. Minjoo got so embarrassed but Chaewon’s encouragement for her to read it so they could end it quickly gave her the spirit to go on as she originally planned.

The members had their second-hand embarrassment as she read the card and Minjoo was this close to explode, in the matter of her heart and her reddening face.

As much as they cringed at the cheesiness of Minjoo’s messages for Chaewon, they admired her courage to even ‘confess’ in a video that was supposed to be aired for the fans and the world to watch. She was brave, and they were applauding her for it.

***

“So…”

Chaeyeon suggested having the pair locked up in a room, just the both of them and surprisingly all the members agreed with it.

So there they were, Chaewon and Minjoo in one room so they could talk it out.

“D-Do you like me?”

Chaewon was arrogant when she asked the same question before but now she’s anything but that. Minjoo found it cute how the older girl stuttered.

“What do you think?”

“If you d-do like me, I’m going to k-kiss you now!”

Minjoo widened her eyes and was utterly surprised by the bold words.

“Then k-kiss me now, if you w-want!”

Chaewon actually moved forward and leaned in. Minjoo held her breath.

“I’m going to, now.”

The time ticked slowly like a slow motion the second Chaewon closed the gap and pressed her lips on Minjoo’s. It was a soft and sweet kiss. Minjoo felt herself flying in heaven and Chaewon was smiling against her lips.

They barely wanted to pull out, not until they needed the air to breathe.

“T-That was…”

“...amazing!”

Chaewon completed Minjoo’s sentence in the right way and the latter couldn’t help but smiling.

It’s like Chaewon herself had completed Minjoo’s life, like she made her Christmas more special than the previous years.

“Then your answer to my confession is…”

“...a yes!”


lmao I'm sorry the ending is terrible! Anyway guys, please listen to Floral by Lovelyz, somehow it was talking about a confession. I first had the idea to write for 2kim when I first heard the song and now it came true! I hope you enjoy all the fun in this story as much as I have fun with this! I just love to include ot12 moments so I hope you'll like it too ^^