Worry

Watching Baekhyun's office

It’s late already. Chanyeol’s owner is late and the hybrid is pacing around the room. He’s used to Baekhyun coming home at 5:43 PM every day, his owner driving straight back home after work. Right now, it’s 5:51 – what if something happened? Chanyeol couldn’t bear to live without Baekhyun; who would make his food for him? Who’d take him out for walks? Who’d make sure he’d be safe at night, during thunder? Who would play with him? And most importantly, who would Chanyeol cuddle with?

A shiver passes through the lanky hybrid at the mere thought. Because if something happened to Baekhyun, he’d be in pain right now. Pain. His Baekhyun. A whine leaves his throat and it sounds ridiculous because his voice is so deep, but Chanyeol is anxious and he doesn’t even notice. While pacing, now heading towards the entrance hallway, Chanyeol’s tail wags nervously, thinking of how he’s going to get to the hospital. He doesn’t have a driving license – of course he doesn’t – and he doesn’t want to peek in Baekhyun’s little address book to find a friend. He doesn’t want to spy on anything his owner does.

But it’s already ten minutes later than when Baekhyun is supposed to come home and, biting his lower lip nervously, Chanyeol reaches for the door handle. Then he retracts his hand. He doesn’t know where Baekhyun works, he doesn’t know where Baekhyun is. And he whines again, this time he doesn’t stop after just once. His whine turns into a cry and only seconds later, Chanyeol is howling.

Until he hears Baekhyun’s footsteps nearing. Instantly, Chanyeol’s ears perk up, but there’s no hiding his swollen eyes from his owner when he’ll come in. Not that he will have to hide any such thing, Baekhyun loves him as he is, as much as Chanyeol loves Baekhyun. He notices that Baekhyun’s steps sound hurried and he’s a lot less gentle on the keyhole than he usually is. When he pushes the door open, Baekhyun looks a bit frantic.

It doesn’t get a whole lot better when the man lays eyes on Chanyeol, with his swollen eyes and nervous appearance. Once the door has fallen back into its lock and Baekhyun has kicked his shoes off, he ushers Chanyeol to come to the living room.

“Goodness I could hear you howl from across the building! What’s wrong? You’ve never howled, I got chills,” Baekhyun pouts and Chanyeol feels guilty, his ears drooping and his tail wagging gently and low in apology.

“You weren’t home yet, it was getting really late…” Chanyeol says, feeling ashamed of his behavior and nuzzles Baekhyun’s neck as a way of making it up to him. He hears his owner giggle, feels him squirm and eventually, he feels Baekhyun’s hands trailing up his arms to rest there.

“Were you worried, little one?” Baekhyun asks, as if Chanyeol is still the pup he got him as. As if the hybrid doesn’t stand almost a head taller than him. With how Chanyeol looks back into his eyes, though, innocent and shining, it’s not wrong to call him that.

“What if something happened to you?” he asks in a small voice, feeling his eyes water again at the thoughts running vividly through his mind. “What if I had to fend for myself?” he asks, once he buried his face against Baekhyun’s neck again. It’s his all-time favorite place to be anyway. Baekhyun’s scent is strong there, mixed with the remnants of the cologne he used this morning. It’s calming Chanyeol down, but in a way, it also makes him feel a bit… uneasy, lately. Because it smells too nice.

“You won’t have to worry about that,” Baekhyun says, reaching up to lovingly card his fingers through Chanyeol’s hair, brushing past his ear and it twitches upon the touch. Chanyeol leans in, though, sighing heavily because this has to be the best feeling ever. “Come with me to the couch for a little, Yeol,” Baekhyun tells him, runs a finger over the collar around Chanyeol’s neck absentmindedly and Chanyeol follows obediently.

“Aren’t you hungry?” he asks nevertheless, because Baekhyun is always hungry after work. To be honest, Chanyeol is as well, because he never eats when Baekhyun isn’t at home. Instead of answering, Baekhyun sits on the couch and pats his lap.

“Come, lie down,” Baekhyun says, tone of voice soft, but the underlying authority always gets to Chanyeol and he lies down, planting his head on Baekhyun’s soft thighs. “Of course I’m hungry, but we’ll eat after you’ve calmed down.”

Chanyeol wants to say he has already calmed down. Cuddling with Baekhyun always does the trick. He doesn’t, though, because resting his head on Baekhyun’s lap is something he has never really done before. And it feels really nice – nice enough to bring a blush to his cheeks. Instead of facing Baekhyun, he looks into the living room, knowing somehow that it’d be a bit inappropriate if he were to turn around. Nevertheless, his eyes fall shut when he feels Baekhyun’s fingers through his hair again, his other hand playing with one of Chanyeol’s ears.

He emits soft whining sounds, merely telling Baekhyun he’s submitting to him, that Baekhyun is his alpha – that he loves him. He knows Baekhyun doesn’t know the full meaning of his whines and he’s not going to explain anytime soon. But still, Chanyeol wants to see Baekhyun’s face. So he turns to lie on his back instead, gazing up at his owner. He’s struck by the way Baekhyun looks down at him, that soft smile making his heart beat faster. And then Baekhyun absentmindedly feels around his face, letting the pads of his thumbs feel his cheeks, jawline – even his lips.

“I got held up a little,” Baekhyun finally explains while Chanyeol’s heart drums against his ribcage, “nothing to worry about. I just got an opportunity to start earning us a little more money.” Chanyeol blanks. Only when Baekhyun prods at his lips for any sort of response, does he unfreeze. Because earning more money means working more hours, right?

“Will you be away more?” he asks, reaching up to touch Baekhyun’s face, just like he’s doing to his hybrid. Instead of Chanyeol’s silent, internal turmoil at the touch, though, Baekhyun giggles and pushes his face against Chanyeol’s hand.

“No. In fact, I can bring you to work, have you guard my office while I’ll be out during meetings,” Baekhyun says with a grin and Chanyeol sits up, straddling Baekhyun’s thighs and holding his owner’s face in his large hands.

“Your office? You don’t have an office,” he says enthusiastically, “will you get one? And can I bring my chair? Or can I sit in yours? Can I sit on your lap? Could you play with me–” Baekhyun’s tinkling laughter cuts Chanyeol’s stream of words. His heart squeezes when he looks at him, notices their proximity and feeling a bit bashful because of it. He leans away a little, ears flattening just slightly out of embarrassment and Baekhyun reaches out to feel the soft fur on them. He knows how much Chanyeol likes his fingers on his ears.

“I’ll let you bring your chair. I mean I could sit on your lap from time to time, but you’re a bit heavy to always sit on mine,” Baekhyun chuckles and self-conscious because of the remark, Chanyeol scoots right next to his owner instead. He can’t keep his tail from wagging though, or the smile that tugs at his lips. “During my breaks we could play,” he says with a glint in his eyes that is not too familiar to Chanyeol. He’s only really seen it once.

When Baekhyun had pushed him to the ground and tickled him into complete submission.

 

--

So... I hope you'll like this kind of thing :3 I'm looking forward to write on it more! Though I've also got other things I need to finish up ^^' anyway, thank you so much for reading! <3