Relentless Tiff...

The Stockholm Syndrome

The staffs buzzed around planning for Taehyung’s V-Live that was scheduled shortly. Mostly, there was never a public appearance of celebrities or live telecast without the basic scripts which instructs them about the things that should be covered while interacting with fans. Even the usual live recordings through social networks will instruct the celebrities to evade certain topics. In that sense, Jaejin narrated the do’s and don’ts, “I know, V-live is all about reacting to the live comments… But we have predicted a set of questions which will certainly earn its position in the comment section within the first few minutes of going live. So, elaborate your answer on the prepared questions and try to read a very few comments. Don’t read all the comments! Because there were never 100% goodness in everything!”

Holding the set of questions in his hand, Taehyung gave a straight face to his remark, ‘Don’t read all comments’.

“Fine…”, Jaejin read his face, “In case you read them, don’t reply to them! Especially to those hate comments!” Knowing his temper, Jaejin sighed and continued, “OK, when you reply to them! Don’t directly refute their claim! Just go along with them and sarcastically end your sentence with your stand. okay?”

He nodded listening to the usual drill with half closed eyes.

“Don’t forget to smile! It’s alright if your smile looks too forced while dealing with certain comments, but smile!”

“Yeah… smile, I get it!” He wanted to get over with it.

“Ok… I get that its boring…”, Jaejin admitted, “But now for today, I will tell you how to bring up the topic of Sohyun, just in case none of the fans brings it up, okay?”. While Jaejin explained further, Taehyung was completely out of the frame. “Oye!”, he remarked dropping his formal speech which brought Taehyung back to his senses. “So… what is your problem?”

“Sohyun…”, he said concerned.

“Her agency agreed to comply with us! Sohyun-sshi is in script reading. And since it is being recorded, not even their staff can interrupt her to inform about that stalker or our arrangements…”

“Then… not today!”

“What is not today?”

“That new V-Live arrangements…”

Jaejin sighed. “She is left with no choice!” To Taehyung who was still not convinced, Jaejin warned, “Every minute that pass by is a chance of misfortune… Your indecision will give her even a tougher time!”

“But-”

Jaejin interrupted him saying, “Ok, I get it…” “It’s normal to feel insecure…”, he pulled his leg.

“I never said I’m insecure…  Actually, I wanted to do this long time ago! I even do some sneaky SNS updates for her birthday, drama and movie airing dates!”

“Then, let’s do it!”, he pressed.

Taehyung nodded falling into his trick.

The V-Live soon started. It went on smoothly with the introduction of his upcoming album. Since the V-live happened immediately after the day of song festival, many fans advised him to take rest noticing his eye bags. But he replied, “I’m too excited to sleep! If you ask me why, then I would say I’m yet to recover from the song festival! I enjoyed it a lot! People were so supportive and composed even when they faced an issue…” Immediately many of his fans pointed out the improvisation that Taehyung and Sohyun did on the event and asked if the issue he mentioned was the reason behind it.

Taehyung was evidently surprised and applauded to their sharp observation while praising, “Wow! Bingo!”, and then he continued, “But thanks to directors and especially Sohyun-sshi for playing along with my antics, otherwise the improvisation would’ve been a fiasco! I’m glad she was there…”, he commented wearing a wide shy smile. He answered to a comment saying, “‘Am I fanboying?’, well…”, he pursed his lips to curtail his smile, and tried to speak through his sheepish smile but just giggled and evaded the question. “We already emceed together once, and I hope to meet her again.” By the time the v-live ended, there were lots of posts on social networking sites, online media and blogs regarding Taehyung’s next album and they never forgot to mention his interest in collaborating with Sohyun. And before the news could reach Sohyun, Taehyung wanted to be the first one to disclose it to her. But of course, he lost his chance. As soon as she took her leave from the venue, she switched on her phone to text Taehyung since she never talked with him since she left in the morning. But, before she could type in her messages, her notification got flooded. Her inbox and social accounts were spammed with the posts and messages regarding his V-Live which flustered her. She never expected it; was not prepared for it. Not able to process anything, she logged out of all her accounts and approached her manager who rather seemed calm about the news. Upon reaching her agency, the staff explained the situation to her, after which she never said a word and took her leave.

On the way back to her house, she never uttered a word and her mind was struck by blizzard of thoughts. She knew it was unavoidable, the only option left; was for the better. She realized that it makes sense, she understood everything. But somewhere deep inside her heart, an unknown fear and solitude struck her. While everyone told her how appropriate the choice is, no one was ready to solve her fears, and none were interested in hearing her doubts or her words except ‘Okay, I’ll do’.

She felt as if she was cheated by the dawn which left her in despair. Maybe if she heard through Taehyung, the things might’ve felt different for her.

Past the anger, she fell into disappointment. Rather than fury, her thoughts pleaded, ‘While everyone had time or at least a minute to think and decide on it, why am I the only one who do not get to decide on things, my things! I never went against any idea or decisions, so why am I not consulted for this one? May be is it because of that? Am I being taken for granted? Am I not a living being with senses? Why do none of you consider or even hear my opinion? While I am being taken for granted, you always had your way, always!’ While all her bottled-up thoughts pressurised her, the heat rose to her head and condensed into tears. Her tears rolled down her cheek and fell on the buzzing phone which was held tightly in her palms.

“Hello?”, his adorning soft voice called her over the phone.

Her anger answered him with silence. ‘I would like to meet her again!’, Taehyung’s ambiguous words in V-Live regarding Sohyun sure shook her world, especially when her agency and him never told her about the arrangements.

He listened to her breath which spoke her temper. But he waited for her to speak a word. Time fleeted while he waited, and she fumed. “Sohyun-ah?”, his quivering voice called her again which sounded firm in desperateness.

Her temper never gave in.

With his efforts being dampened by her anger, he suppressed his agony down his throat, and poured his heart through his clenched teeth, “When they said our status didn’t match, I never understood. When they said our class is different, I never noticed that… Even when everyone said you and I are different and even poles apart, I never believed them and ran to you, but where are you now?”, as soon as that question left his lips, he hung up the call and took his brisk steps in the hallway of his dorm. But soon his steps wavered and stumbled, and he leaned on the wall. He slid down against the wall and squatted down on the floor losing his steady ground to his thoughts. His downcast eyes fell on an ant trying to sniff out the path of its forerunners. “I didn’t know why I was alone here… Seeing you alone, I found my purpose. I told you I would come and join you there… But you’re not there!”, wiping his tears in his sleeves, he rose up and walked again to his room.

When the city was preparing to sleep, Yeri who entered the quiet house in the night, tiptoed to not wakeup Sohyun. But seeing Sohyun’s door open and the lights switched off, Yeri decided to check up on her. Since Sohyun was not found in the room, Yeri felt uneasy. Taking quick steps Yeri searched the house for her, and finally found her in the balcony. Starring at the night as dark as coal, Sohyun was spacing out until Yeri called out to her, “Not turned in yet?”, she asked calmly hiding her anxiousness about her reaction to his V-Live.

“Not sleepy…”, Sohyun replied and continued to stare into the night.

“Too much joy drives sleep away… So does sorrow”

“I guess it’s both for me…”, her soft tone answered.

Yeri understood that she is having second thoughts about accepting the offer, “Not complying with them means leaving Taehyung, right?”

With a sad smile, she said, “Everything is moving fast… It feels like our future is being gambled on with these sudden and abrupt acts. I can’t see the road ahead, it’s not just blank, its dark!”

“What matters more to you? Your career or Taehyung?”, Yeri threw in the question that even Taehyung never dared to ask.

“Few years ago, I would’ve said it’s my career”, Sohyun confessed, “But now, I have become greedy… I want both! Without him, I will live… I will live an uncherished life and I will rise in that uncherished life without falling back…”, Sohyun’s tears came streaming down her cheek. As her voice quivered, she asked, “Is it not fair to want both? Is it a sin to want both?”

Embracing Sohyun in her arms, Yeri patted her back to calm her down and the said, “So, what prevents you from getting both? The entire world? If career and Taehyung are paramount to your life, and if something prevents you from getting both, why should you prioritize those inhibitors instead of hating and fighting them?”

Her words struck a chord within Sohyun, she suddenly rose on her feet and walked out of the room. While Yeri stood puzzled, Sohyun entered the room again to pick her bag and hugged Yeri. “My daughter will be named after you, if Taehyung is ok with it!”, she uttered and just took off leaving Yeri pleased and irritated. As Sohyun stepped out of the room, Yeri deduced that she is going out to meet him, she called out, “IT’S ALREADY LATE!”

“THAT’S WHY I’M RUSHING!”, Sohyun replied while trying to put on her shoes hurriedly.

“YA!”, Yeri shouted out aloud to bring her back to senses and warned her in a commanding tone, “Yah! Did you forget about that stalker? And you dare to dash out late in the night?”

“Ah…”, Sohyun gasped struck with the reality and took off her shoes dispirited.

“What’s with that look?”, Yeri asked without dropping the marshal tone in her voice.

“He is travelling to Busan tomorrow to celebrate Jimin’s birthday which passed almost a month back… he won’t be here in Seoul…”

“And you have work tomorrow?”

“No!”, Sohyun’s face lit up.

“Then sleep today and serve tomorrow!”

With a cheeky smile, Sohyun stepped towards Yeri and hugged her saying, “Good night! I’ll try my best to dream of you!”

“Sounds weird…”, Yeri remarked.

Immediately drawing back, Sohyun asked, “About the dream part, right?”

Yeri nodded promptly.

“It sounded fine in my head but when it came out…”

Seeing Sohyun trying hard to defend, Yeri broke out in laughter.

Sohyun spent her night with expectations for the next day, but Taehyung’s next day started with a pounding in his head. All those contained thoughts resounded all night robbing his sleep away.

Members started to Busan early in the morning and arrived at the private resort just in time for their breakfast. After resting through afternoon, everyone planned for a barbeque in evening and gathered in the backyard for the preparations. While everyone was too excited to have some private time for themselves without any cameras to capture them, Taehyung sat in the corner resting his chin over his palm, spacing out and staying still like one of that patio furniture.

Seeing him down, Suga walked to him. On noticing Suga approaching him, Taehyung started, “I’m fin-”

He cut in his sentence saying, “I’m not here to say cheer up! I’m saying if you can’t picture yourself having a fun time with us, now… then at least, take some pics of us having a good time!” As the intention of his approach got spoiled by Taehyung, he resorted to sarcasm.

Since it was expected of Suga to throw some blunt and honest terms, Taehyung stood up sighing at his savage remarks.

“Did you just sigh?”, pronounced his position as ‘hyung’.

“I just breathed out loud, hyung. I’ll go get the camera…”, Taehyung said expressionless. While Suga uttered, “Yah! I’m your hung!”, Taehyung just bowed agreeing with him and took his leave.

The mid-afternoon yellow light, the bright green background, the backdrop hills and the approaching sea breeze gave him the perfect frame to capture and soon his camera shifted towards the landscapes. Losing himself in the frames, his legs went after what his eyes saw. Walking down the slopes of the rocky road, his camera eyes navigated the sea, the setting sun and the terrains. His camera followed the flock of birds that flew through the skies and landed on the shore, but his lens captured Sohyun carrying a brown backpack on her shoulder.

With his widened eyes, his eyes slowly shifted away from the camera and focussed towards the real picture which stood within few feet in front of him. The moment she appeared before him, his blazing vigour slumbered into tiny sparks and all his leftover anger dissolved like dust. Oblivious to those, Sohyun stood there pleading with her eyes and guilt-stricken heart. With the camera hung around the strap and hands to his sides, Taehyung eyes got fixated at the sight before him which was beautifully decorated by her presence.

Not receiving any welcoming words from him, Sohyun stood anxiously while fiddling with the bag straps and knitting her brows in worry.

“Did you get lost, miss?”, Taehyung asked keeping his distance and showing his temper. As Sohyun stayed silent and hurt, “Why are you here?”, he asked with straight face.

Looking into his eyes, she said, “My man is upset with me… So, I came here to find him and convince him!”

Though he was pleased at her mention ‘my man’, what came out of his mouth was, “How will you find him and convince him?”

“Will you help me?”

“Help for what?”

“Just to find my man… I can convince him myself!”

“You are yet to find him?”

“Mmm… I think this grumpy looking man with a straight face…”, she raised her eyebrow at him for a moment and continued, “knows the whereabouts of my affectionate man.”

He averted his eyes away and dug his hands into his pocket. “I don’t know this affectionate man you are talking about… We have internet and phones, what’s the need to come in person? How serious is the problem between you two?”

“I thought I belonged with the sea and that I will die on shore if I came to live with him on land…  But I am mesmerised and have fallen in love with him. Enthralled, I will smile at him one day and in the next day as fear crept in, I hated him. I buried him alive with words and rejection… Will he forgive me?”

He shed his pretence and his eyes turned serious. Without talking back, Taehyung listened to her silently.

“I let it go despite my wish being granted… I thought he is an illusion who will vanish and that the name I earn for myself will last. And then I realized how soon the world forgets a person. I never brought anything into this world while I was born but I want to leave me with him when I leave…”

Swallowing the knot in his throat, he asked, “Isn’t that too much to ask for?”

As her eyes got lined with tears, she asked, “Will he forgive me for asking too much?”

“What are you going to do with the forgiveness?”, he asked curtly.

Not having courage to face him in the eyes, she looked down at the ground, and said, “I had a story for us, like a poem… that I wrote and folded in my dream every night. But the dawn always seemed to clear off my dream. Will he search that story for me? Else could he recover my dream back to me?”

His eyes were downcast, and grief possessed him. His dismal tone asked, “What do you want, Sohyun-ah?”

“What I want?”, her low voice asked for clarity in his vague question.

“What do you want… from this life, from me?”, he asked genuinely, and at the same time he sounded austere.

“My heart longs for just a look, or just a word, or just a touch of yours…”

Not buying her poetic lines, his strict tone warned, “That’s not enough for life, right?”

“That’s never enough…”, she never broke her gaze into his eyes and as tears choked her words, she spoke through her breath, “My hear yearns for moment when the smell of you swear-filled shirt would embrace me. My cheeks ask for the pleasure that when bristles from your stubbled face caress me…” She continued though she felt breathless.

“Sohyun-ah…”, he held her face in his palms and tried to calm her down.

But she continued, “The warmth from your breath when you kiss me, is what my heart prays to have forever…” Before she could utter anymore words, he covered with his lips.

He pressed his lips forcefully and rushed, since she wasn’t prepared for it, her whole-body shook and shivered. Noticing her shivers, he pressed his body against her and his hands on the back of her neck, pulling her as close to him as he could. As the kiss became harder and more intense, each touch of his hands that trailed up and down on her back from arms to waist gave her more adrenaline than before. Suddenly, she felt her legs losing its strength and unexpectedly fell on him losing her balance. They stumbled and fell on the sloped ground. The terrain though not steep, dragged them few metres apart and down the slope.

Since the terrain was grassed, his well draped body escaped with just a bruise on shoulder, and a deep cut on his palm and she suffered a scratch on her elbows and on her forehead. Regaining their composure, they rose on their feet dusting off the dirt and saw themselves at few feet apart. Not bothering about those injuries, they advanced towards each other hurriedly closing the gap. The moment the distance got covered, their lips met again in a kiss resuming from where they left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Gif: I don’t own the gif (just the edit), it belong with its respective owner :)

 

 

 

 

Author’s thoughts:

Hello dear :) How are you doing? Dream 1000 dreams, won't at least one become reality?

We have few more chapters to go :) Thanks for holding on, just a few more ;)

 

SPECIAL DAY: June 4, Sohyun’s Birthday and my friend, Eunjihoonim’s too!!!!! (Too Special, isn’t it?)