Stay

Stay
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey, it's seven." Melanie said to her sister, Serena.

Serena jerked awake after hearing Melanie's words and reached out for her phone to check the time. It was only six-fifty-two.

"Seven my ." Serena groaned while stretching before getting out of bed.

Serena exited her room while passing Melanie's to see her sister do her make-up before going to the bathroom for her morning routine. Less than fifteen minutes later and all bundle up for the cold weather, the sisters left their apartment, down the elevators, and were met with the building staff informing them that they were unable to leave the premises due to the heavy snow causing them to be snowed in.

"All of that for nothing. Thanks." Serena stated with sarcasm as she and her sister rode the elevator back to their apartment.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault. The weather person said it wouldn't snow that much and we'll be able to do some last minute Christmas shopping." Melanie defended herself while letting out a sigh. "I was supposed to get Nayoung's gift for tomorrow."

"Then why did you need me again?"

"Because you were supposed to buy all the other smaller gifts for the kids at your work next week."

"Oh, right. I forgot."

"Mmhmm."

The elevator doors opened, the pair stepped out, and made their way back home while passing by a group of boys. The sisters turned their head to face them while informing them that they couldn't leave the building due to the snow. Not really paying attention to the who the group of boys were, the sisters continued on their way while starting a new conversation.

"Hey, you know what group I've been listening to on repeat now?" Serena asked Melanie as she already knew the answer. "Stray Kids."

"Yeah. How's you know?"

"Don't think I don't hear Dope Flamingo in the morning or the part in I Am You from Felix to the end over and over late at night. I may be selective hearing, Rina, but I can still hear that, too."

"My bad, my bad. But yeah, I'm actually listening to their stuff."

"Wow, seriously? Like nine months later?"

"Hey, technically I did listen to Stray Kids, but I was just not paying attention to them at those times. In my defense, Mel, I was way more focused with Idol Producer and all of the boys' activities once the show ended." Serena defended herself. "Plus, Jeffrey's 9 to 5 has been on repeat, too, still."

"Mmhmm."

"Whatever. The life of a multi-fandom fangirl is tough."

"Basically."

"Oh, by the way, My Pace actually grew on me, but I Am You is still like their best promo song for now."

"Okay." Melanie scoffed. "What made you changed your mind, huh?"

"Well, after you played that one performance of theirs for their comeback, I actually really like the beat and message of I Am You once I focused on it more. Honestly though actually all of their songs have really good messages and you can relate with it on a more personal level of oneself."

The sisters finally reached their apartment door with Melanie searching for her keys as Serena left it behind.

"Oh, yeah?" Melanie mused. "Who's your bias?"

"Uh, well you probably already know this knowing how you always know who's my bias, but it's C-" Serena paused in mid-sentence upon glancing up and recognizing the group of males that had passed by them earlier.

"Oh, ."

"What?" Melanie cast her a confused look before following her line of sight and Melanie's eyes widened upon recognizing the males. "Whoa. It's Stray Kids."

"Oh, wait. We're fine since they don't speak English." Serena said with a relieved breath not really thinking clearly due to lack of sleep as Melanie shot her a look with a smirk. "Did you really forget that two of them are fluent while the rest can more or less understand and speak it?"

"Ah, ." Serena swore in English before switching to Korean and apologizing. "Sorry, my bad."

She nudged her sister. "Can you like open the doof\r now so that I can scream into a pillow of my complete embarrassment of this moment?"

"No." Melanie deadpanned with a laugh.

She then turned towards the idols while ignoring her sister who let out a soft groan as Serena had turned away from the people.

"Hi." She greeted them while speaking in Korean. "What can we do for you guys?"

"Um, we wanted to ask if you knew for how long we'll be snowed in for?" Chan asked as the leader of Stray Kids.

"The guy up front said something about all morning and that it may be all day if the snow continues like this well into the night."

The other boys let out concerns amongst them about not being able to head to the company for practice and lessons. They wondered what they should do as a few of them tried to call their manager about not being to work. At this time, Serena was sneakily trying to grab Melanie's keys which got her sister's attention.

"What are you doing?" Melanie asked glancing at her keys before looking up at Serena.

"I'm trying to go inside where my warm bed is calling me back to sleep in it." Serena remarked with a roll of her eyes. "Can we?"

"Let me basked in Stray Kids' presence right now."

"I'm surprised you haven't asked for a photo yet."

"I gotta show them respect and space. Duh. They're just like the rest of us, but more noticeable."

"Ah, true. Okay, whatever. Do your thing and I'll just sulk over here quietly until your done."

"Stop being a loner and acting like a baby."

"I can do whatever I want. You're not my mom."

The sisters' usual bantering were interrupted with a few coughs that drew their attention back onto the nine males.

"So, uh, this might be a bit weird," Chan began before Jisung cut to the chase. "Can we hang out with you guys since we locked ourselves out of our dorm and our manager is unable to return since he's also stuck at the company because of the snow."

"Seriously?" Melanie and Serena chorused while shooting the other a look before facing the boys again.

"You're not worried that we might be crazy fans or something like that?" Serena asked cautiously.

"Well, you guys would have crowded us by now if you were." Minho reasoned as Serena laughed. "You do know that there are fans who are just as crazy as regular crazy fans, but aren't as brash as others and attacked in a different way, right?"

Melanie elbowed her sister before explaining what Serena meant as her sister cast her an annoyed look, but didn't say anything.

"What my sister means is that are you sure that you trust us to actually hang out?" Melanie asked with a kind expression. "Because you don't really know us and we're practically strangers."

"Oh yeah, sure, Mel, that's totally what I meant." Serena mumbled in a sulking tone.

"You're STAYs and we're Stray Kids. We're not strangers at all." Felix reasoned while using English as Chan shot the sisters a sheepish look while letting out a sheepish laugh, but spoke in Korean. "We might've overheard your conversation earlier."

"Oh, great. Another thing to add to my already overflowing list of embarrassments especially that they heard and understood me." Serena muttered once more to herself as Melanie elbowed her with a chuckle. "What else is new?"

"Shut up."

"We're not interrupting anything are we?" Seungmin suddenly asked upon seeing the way the sisters were interacting and one of them being not as lively as the other.

"Oh, no, we're fine." Melanie smiled at them. "She's just cranky because she hasn't slept much."

"Yeah, just tired, but peachy. Sorry." Serena mustered up a sincere smile, but Melanie knew her sister wanted to throttle her right then and there.

"Anyways, we've been standing out here a bit too long so let's go inside and get warmed up, yeah?" Melanie suggested while pointing behind her. "I can make you guys hot cocoa and we can just watch some Christmas movie or something like that."

"Yeah, you play hostess and I'll get sleep." Serena mused in English. "Definitely sounds like a great plan."

It definitely wasn't. Serena ended up playing co-hostess with Melanie and was unable to returned back to sleep. For the next three hours the siblings served the idols hot cocoa, some snacks and food, and watched Nightmare High instead of a Christmas movie because that's where Serena had left off on last night. While the boys were in the middle of the last few episodes as they actually got time to just relax and be normal young adults, Serena went to annoy Melanie in the kitchen.

"You know, Mel, it's still kinda weird that we have idols in our home just chilling and relaxing yet it seems like they're our actual brothers who I might add are kinda needy now that I think about it." Serena commented with a chuckle as Melanie agreed.

"Me, too, Rina. Kinda makes me miss our actual ones back home."

"Yeah, right. That's a lie. You don't miss them that much."

"True. Anyways, you think the snow lightened up by now?"

"Not really. I looked out the window earlier and there's no one in the streets. No car or people, well, except the workers trying to get everything in order I guess."

"Does that mean we're gonna have a sleepover with Stray Kids?"

"Please, don't. It's crowded as it is with everyone awake. I don't even wanna think about how it'll be like when they're all asleep."

"Well, if the snow doesn't clear soon, then the boys won't be able to get back into their place since they don't have the key and their manager is still stuck at the company. The boys might end up staying the night for sure."

"I'm just surprised that they haven't asked their other label-mates though. I thought they would all live in the same building."

"Who knows. I don't keep up to date about that stuff. Oh well, more time to bask in their presence."

"You love this, don't cha?"

"Love what? That one of the groups I like is hanging out in my home just chilling? Yeah, it's pretty cool. Don't you?"

"I don't know what to think. I'm not cool like you."

"Well you better 'Get Cool', then." Melanie mused as Serena shot her a look. "Did you really have to say that?"

"It

Please log in to read the full chapter