1. The charity event

This is the Choi Family

Cameras were flashing, people were applauding. There standing on center stage was mister and missus Choi. Holding hands and waving gently at the crowd, more cheers were heard. The MC picked up the enlarged adoption paper and handed it to the couple.

"And the most charitable family title goes to the Choi family!"

Cheers and applause resounded in the auditorium.

"Thank you, for adopting these 7 children. Your benevolence is unyielding!"

The couple lifted the large board and smiled happily for the hungry photographers and news reporters.

-------------

"Hyung, your parents sure are amazing." Amazing? Why all of a sudden? Shifting his phone to his other ear, he answered in a lowered tone.

"My parents? What happened now?" 

"Your parents adopted 7 kids from the local orphanage! You have 7 younger siblings now!!" A loud voice chirped from the other end of the line. Adopted....kids.....7 adopted siblings ....I have 7 adopted siblings??!!! His eyes enlarged as he processed the words.

"My parents WHAT??!!!" Seungcheol yelled at his phone. 

"Jeez, hyung. You don't have to yell!! Your parents didn't call? I watched the gala live on tv. It was over an hour ago." Quipped his friend.

Quickly, he turned to his computer and typed his family name on the search engine. 

'The benevolent family of Choi has once again donated a lot to our community. They have committed to raising 7 children from the local orphanage and are getting their family photos shot within the week.' 

It was real. Soonyoung wasn't lying. "Hey, bro, I'm a call you back. I got a bone to pick with my parents. Love ya bye." 

Ending the call quickly, Seungcheol dialed his parents numbers. His mom didn't pick up so he dialed his father. On the second ring he picked up. 

"Oh son, I was about to call you. I've got some news to share! You mo-" "You adopted 7 children?!" He cut his father off. 

Silence was heard on the other end. After a pause, his father continued. "So it seems you heard. Yes, we've adopted 7 kids from the local orphanage. You don't have to worry, they won't affect you, their staying at the family home. I won't dump them on you." Seungcheol grabbed at his hair frustrated. 

"That's not the point dad. You adopted 7 kids without telling me ahead of time???!!" This impacted his family situation. Not just a little, but a lot. Suddenly he's got 7 other siblings. What would the public think? Sure, right now they are thankful, but what if in the future they aren't good kids? Won't that affect him? Yes yes, those are what if's, but what about these 7 said siblings he has now???? He was a business man, he thought of all the possible outcomes and more than enough of them didn't end well. 

"Son, I know it's a shock but they won't be near you at all. I'm keeping them here in the family home. You live on your own now. As long as you don't go looking for them, they won't go looking for you." 

Seungcheol sighed even more confused. He what? Won't be near him, dump them on him, don't look for them? Wasn't the adoption out of goodwill and giving the kids a family? So he didn't have to be a brother? He shook his head.

"Wait, what? Are you saying we 'aren't siblings'?" 

"You don't have to be a sibling to them. I'd prefer you keep away from them." His father bluntly stated. Seungcheol spun on his spinning chair and though. Clearing nothing is making sense. Wait, why am I mad again? What were we talking about? Family not family right. Right? Whatever. Seungcheol grunted in response. 

"Good son. Now me and my wifey got things to do so, toodles!" And the line went dead. Seungcheol thought it over once again, most of the time things make sense after repetition. He wasn't the brightest in school, though not the worse. His parents got him adopted siblings. He's suppose to be angry since people of other blood are now carrying his family name. But his father clearly stated that he shouldn't get close to them. Which means his father isn't throwing him away, he's not being replaced. Where did that thought come from? It's not like he likes his family. Ahem. Right, he's 21 years old, owns a successful business by the name of CSC Entertainment. And he doesn't need to care about having bothersome siblings. But then the siblings would be so poor. Adopted but not have a brother. In the end, Seungcheol concluded that the adoption was really out of the way and not a good decision. Redialing his dad's number, he didn't pick up. Grabbing his coat off the back of his chair, he threw his files at his assistant. 

"Organize these, I'll be back tomorrow." 

"Yes sir." 

Slipping his coat on, he jabbed the down button of elevator. Groaning at the things his parents did without his consent, he kicked the trash can nearby out of frustration. He picked up the trash he knocked out after though. The elevator arrived and he boarded, taking it all the way to the garage. Grabbing his keys out of his pocket, he unlocked his Tesla model X and got in the drivers seat. After getting settled and secured, he backed out the parking spot and drove for his family home.

Arriving at his family home, he sighed. Leaving his car at the front gate, he threw his keys to the butler on stand by and walked to his home. Although he doesn't live here now, he use to want to stay in this house forever. But things changed and he never thought he'd be back so soon. The maids opened the doors for him as he approached. Seungcheol headed straight for his parent's room. Slamming the door open, his eyes landed on his father's back. He was packing up a large suitcase. He was stunned.

"Dad? Are you going somewhere?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Was there a deal out there? His father turned around. 

"Oh, Seungcheol. I didn't think you would show up here." 

"Dad, answer me. What were you thinking adopting those 7 children. I never asked for more siblings." Not exactly what I wanted to say but oh well.

"This is great! Come here son, your mom's in the closet picking out clothes for our long trip." His father wasn't listening to him. The smile on his father's face only ticked him off more. If he wasn't going to listen, he will make him listen.

"Why are you making things difficult?!" He finally yelled. His father stood stunned. Silence engulfed the room. 

"Honey? Did you come home?" His mother entered the room. She looked at the two, clueless to what was going on.

"Yes mom, hi mom, shush mom. Dad, why aren't you answering me." He waved her off and went back to glaring at his father. His father still didn't say anything, so Seungcheol continued. 

"Why did you adopt 7 kids from the orphanage? They're kids without families, you gave them hope by adopting them! But your not going to care for them like family? What are you doing now? Are you leaving them here alone? Where are the maids and helpers going? My conscience can't let this go!" He yelled and pointed at his father, but he still didn't respond. 

Seungcheol didn't know where all these words and reasons came from, but they sounded right. Feeling more enraged at his father's silent answer, Seungcheol stomped up to his father and grabbed him by the collar. 

"ANSWER ME!!!" 7 siblings is a shock, but just sheltering them on the side was an even more shock. He hoped what he deciphered from his deep father's words were not what he was talking about. His mother rushed over to pry his hands off. 

"Dear! What are you doing to your father!! Let him go!!" 

He shrugged his mother off. Shaking his father in his tight grip, he glared fiercely in his eyes. Finally deciding to answer, he brushed off Seungcheol's hands and straightened his coat. 

"Stupid son. Of course I had a reason!! You won't like the reason but I don't care! The Lee Corporation goaded me!!! We're competitors yeah? He goaded me into it all! I just fell victim to it all!!! Stop yelling at me as if I'm wrong!! Our image isn't ruined so shut up and go back to your own home!!!" 

Stepping back from his father, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Goaded? So, just because a rival was teasing you, you go above and beyond and adopt 7 kids to prove them wrong? You think just because it's good for the image, it's all okay? Then the children are just being used??!!! 

"Then, the not caring, the not looking for?" He said with a lower tone, slowly losing energy. His parents weren't just adopting for image right? They would take care of the kids, right?? 

"Son, I explained it already. They are your siblings on paper. It would be exactly the same as your biological brother. They will stay in this home, they will be cared for by caretakers and taught the trade, etc. Understand? I'm responsible. I'm 'raising' them right. I don't have to be there for them, they have all the resources. We've got the money and our image."

Suddenly, everything his dad said sank in. He couldn't believe the man. This person was just going to fund the children. Nothing more, nothing less. The man had no morals. "You're not a father!!! I hate you!!!" Seungcheol yelled and ran out the house. Taking his keys back from the butler, he yanked his car door open aggressively and slammed it as passionately. He drove off for his own home.

Seungcheol was beyond angry. His parents might not know this but his close friends did. He loved children. He even wanted to have ones of his own in the future, maybe even adopt if he had to. When he heard that 7 were being adopted into his family, he was shocked, not really upset. He was a bit happy he was going to be a big brother, but nothing his parents did didn't come with a catch. Once he understood that the children were used to gain face, he was furious. If his parents weren't giving these children a family, he'd rather not have them. They would be better off being adopted by others. Seungcheol slammed a fist on his wheel. If his brother did run away, he wouldn't be forced to put up with all of this from his parents. Maybe if his brother was around, this whole image thing wouldn't have started. "DAMN IT ALL!!" He shouted. Anger still simmering in his body and soul, he drove aimlessly instead of home.

His father was an 'image is everything' kind of person, his mother supported anything her husband did. His brother ran away dumping all these things on him, he wasn't allowed to be himself. 

This family is screwed up and if he stayed with them any longer, he would be screwed up too.