vii. The First Clue

Chaeyoung Gets a Dragon

Disclaimer: I do not own any parts of the Pottermore Universe, including but not limited to: settings, characters, the mechanics of magic, etc. All of this belongs to the author of Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, and Warner Bros. respectively. Idol characters are purely fictional and have no affiliation with the actual person and/or group.


 

October came rather quickly. Everything began to change to the seasonal colors and the winds picked up rather harshly as temperatures dropped. Students would still spend their free time outside, though bundled up in heavier coats, hats, and scarves. Many were thrilled with the arrival of autumn: Quidditch season was to start soon, the common rooms cozied up with a roaring fire each night, and the house elves busied themselves preparing warm home-cooked food and hot beverages with each meal.

 

With the new month also came a hectic schedule for Chaeyoung. A condense, fast-paced daily rhythm had her bouncing back and forth between academics and activities at every hour. The young girl struggled to balance all of her classes and assignments (third year was turning out to be brutal), the intense Quidditch practices Captain Tuan led (ew, no one liked stamina drills), the so-far impossible quest with Mina (still annoyingly uptight as ever), and . . . war.

 

Yup, war. She and Dahyun were fighting for their lives against Peeves the Poltergeist.

 

It was Dahyun’s idea, really, claiming that she and Chaeyoung hadn’t seen each other in ages – which was true. Due to the busyness of their days, the two friends were only able to spare a quick hello during meal times in the Great Hall or a curt nod when passing in the hallways. Although Chaeyoung dearly missed her best friend, in truth, the young Ravenclaw student had also been actively avoiding Dahyun. She was well-aware that since their first trip to Hogsmeade, the pale fourth-year was suspicious about the whole dragon situation. And with Mina demanding for the Black Market deal to remain a secret, Chaeyoung didn’t trust herself to keep shut around the older girl.

 

But when Dahyun cornered her that past Monday before her Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, she couldn’t pass up on fun. The war – a pranking war to be specific– had waged on for three days so far. But because Peeves already had too many advantages (including but not limited to invisibility, flying, and phasing), it was difficult to take an offensive stance. Thus their challenge turned into a battle of survival, with the girls frequently on the run from the impish ghost. As seasoned veterans of the game, Chaeyoung and Dahyun took it to themselves to test how long they could last before they had to raise the white flag. Their record at the moment was five days.

 

There were rules, of course. Though Peeves was an agent of chaos, he had allowed Chaeyoung and Dahyun to implement some structure in exchange for the high-quality entertainment (after extensive negotiation, bribes, and threats). First rule: No attacks during class, meals, in the study areas or the library, in the bathrooms, and in or near the House dormitories – basically, only the castle corridors were fair game. Second rule: War did not stop completely until both Chaeyoung and Dahyun surrendered. If one decided to call it quits early on, the other could still continue. Third rule: Peeves was only allowed two successful attacks a day for both participants; this was to prevent from the girls from being constantly assaulted. Fourth rule: No bodily harm was to fall upon the participants; pranks were limited mainly to awful odors or drenched robes or the occasional slime. Lastly, the fifth rule: If there were casualties of non-involved members (i.e. students, professors, house elves), then all participating members must run for their lives and deny if caught.

 

And so, the two troublemakers found themselves to always be on the lookout and ducking around corners as they tried to survive another hour without having stink pellets, dungbombs, paint bombs, or troll-snot filled balloons drop on them. But Chaeyoung didn’t mind the chase. She enjoyed the pulsating adrenaline rush, and it served as a great distraction in aid to procrastinating from her ever-growing to-do list.

 

Pssst! Dubs! Is it safe?” Chaeyoung hissed as she spotted her friend waiting for her outside of the History of Magic classroom. Her head hurt from what wizard and muggle doctors would diagnose as “excessive boredom.” The poor girl had to suffer through two long tedious hours of lectures from Professor Binns about the origins and significance of Floo Powder. Who gave a damn? Not her!

 

Floo Powder was a common method of travel that many witches and wizards used via the Floo Network, transporting themselves to and from essentially any fireplace. In Chaeyoung’s honest opinion, Floo Powder was boring and cheap much like Portkeys (an enchanted object used for teleportation). Apparition, another mode of transport, was a little cooler because you could do it immediately on the spot, but there were setbacks such as needing a license or splinching, when one arrives at their desired destination without all of their body parts.

 

For Chaeyoung, her ideal and preferred way of transportation was flying – on the back of a dragon. What a way to make an entrance! And with style! Not that she’s ever done it before. But she believed she would absolutely love it. Couldn’t be that much different from riding a broom, right?

 

Dahyun quickly tugged Chaeyoung’s sleeve and pulled her around the corner as waves of students filed into the hallway. “I haven’t seen any signs of Peeves yet,” Dahyun whispered back. “I think we’re safe for now.”

 

Chaeyoung shared a devious smile with Dahyun, giddiness bubbling up inside of her. She truly did miss this: the excitement and adventures with her best friend. The urge to suddenly confess everything pressed at the tip of her tongue. She had never kept secrets from Dahyun and this one was too juicy to not to spill. She wished she never promised Mina keeping the deal a secret! Maybe if Mina didn’t know . . .

 

“Hey, listen Dubs. Are you free –?”

 

“You doing anything tonight, Chaeng?”

 

The girls giggled, realizing they were both on the same wave length. Some things never change.

 

“You go first.”

 

“No, you.”

 

“Isn’t there a saying, 'old people go first?'”

 

“Don’t say it like that! Out of context, it sounds weird,” Dahyun pouted. “And I’m not old! Just because you and Tzuyu think that a one year difference makes me seem like –”

 

A maniacal laugh echoed down the corridor and the two friends froze. The shrill, harsh cackle chilled Chaeyoung’s blood; she and Dahyun knew that sound a little too well.

 

Soooooonny! Kiiiiiiiimmy! I know you’re here –! Come out, come out – Peeves just wants to plaaaaaay,” the ghost called out in a sing-song voice as it got closer and closer. “Why won’t you play with me?

 

“Uh-oh,” said both girls at the same time. Without hesitation, they took off, pushing and elbowing past students who protested in annoyance.

 

“Excuse me!”

 

“Pardon!”

 

“Sorry, but there’s a mad ghost chasing us.”

 

“What do you mean ‘not again’? Shove off, Lee!”

 

The two continued to run for their lives, trying to evade their impending doom. Chaeyoung’s lungs burned as her leg sprinted down the stone floor. She turned back to check on her friend, though much to her dismay, Dahyun was trailing far behind. “Move faster, Dubu!”

 

“I’m going as fast as I can!” Dahyun whimpered. Sighing, Chaeyoung snatched the Hufflepuff’s hand and pulled her along. They reached the open atrium of the entrance hall and slowed down their pace, tired from running through the first and ground floor of the castle.

 

“Whew! I think we’re okay,” Chaeyoung exhaled as she scanned their surroundings. She rested her hands on her knees, chest heaving up and down. Sweat glistened on the young girls’ faces.

 

The clock tower chimed, indicating passing time for the last hour block was over. There were a few stragglers rushing to get to midafternoon classes, running up the marble Grand Staircase or making their way to the dungeons. Chaeyoung was thankful that she and Dahyun finished their schedules for the day. Other students who were also done with their lessons casually passed by, chattering loudly with their mates. A group of girls wearing Hufflepuff neckties gave a friendly wave to Dahyun who returned with a half-hearted smile. The herd made their way to the Hufflepuff Basement, whispering and giggling as they shot one last look over to Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

 

“You know them?” asked Chaeyoung as she raised her eyebrows.

 

Dahyun shook her head. “I think they’re excited for the Quidditch season; the first game for us is this Saturday. We’re scheduled to play Slytherin.”

 

“You aren’t on the Quidditch team though.”

 

“Yeah, but I’m close to Sana, and she’s on the team. Her fan club is super big, you know.”

 

Chaeyoung still found it odd that Minatozaki Sana was a Beater on Hufflepuff’s Quidditch team. She didn’t know Sana too well, but the girl was known to be the sweetest soul on Earth. She had a charm and friendly aura that enthralled many and always had the nicest things to say about anyone, to anyone.

 

However, despite Sana’s good-natured smile, she was terrifying when she had a bat at hand. A Beater’s job in Quidditch was to slug around the Bludgers – two of them which rocketed around the pitch – toward the opposing team whilst making sure that their own teammates weren’t hit. It was the most violent position in the game and seemingly uncharacteristic for Sana.

 

But the girl had absolute talent for it.

 

Sana was notoriously clumsy on the ground, yet when she was in the air, she somehow gained a wicked sense of coordination. It didn’t help that the sixth-year swung her bat like a mad woman, slamming the Bludgers left and right, causing them to sling through the sky like a pinball machine. With the combination of her ease of heights, sixth sense on a broomstick, and unusually strong arms, you got one hell of a Beater. Sana truly was a dangerous player.

 

At first, the other Houses thought Sana’s spot on the team was a joke or perhaps the Captain had a crush on her. It wasn’t until she totally wiped out the muscular Gryffindor Beater, Jackson Wang, that everyone took her seriously. Naturally, she did it all with a cute smile on her face.

 

“Hm, sounds like Tzuyu’s gonna have a tough match. I hope Minatozaki doesn’t break her arms and legs."

 

Dahyun tossed her friend a worried look. “Sana wouldn’t . . . Would she?”

 

Chaeyoung shrugged. “I dunno. She’s your crush, not mine. You know her better than I do.”

 

A deep shade of red flushed the pale girl’s face. “S-she’s not my – what the! – What are you talking about? I do not. T-that’s ridiculous!”

 

“Case and point, mate. You look like a tomato.”

 

“S-shut up,” stuttered Dahyun, playing with the hem of her uniform sweater. The Hufflepuff student chose to divert their conversation to more urgent matters. “We’ve stayed here too long. Peeves should be coming our way at any moment now.”

 

“Fine, fine.” Chaeyoung smirked as she eyed a blushing Dubu. Sometimes her friend was just too easy to tease.

 

In the end, the girls decided to head towards the kitchens and see if they could persuade the house elves to let them sneak in a few bites before supper. As they passed the enormous front hall window, the golden statue of the castle’s architect glowed in the sunlight. Chaeyoung had never really given the statue much thought, but as she walked by, something caught her eye.

 

No way.

 

Dahyun smashed her face right into the back of Chaeyoung’s head as the shorter girl abruptly stopped. They tumbled to the floor, both yelping in surprise.

 

“Watch it, Dubs!”

 

“Ow, Chaeng! My nose!” Dahyun held a hand to her face, clearly in pain. “Why the bloody hell did you stop all of the sudden?”

 

“Have you ever noticed this statue?” Chaeyoung picked herself up and then helped her friend. She returned her attention to the figure at the window, carefully inspecting it now.

 

The architect was well-sized, standing with an erect, commanding posture as he towered over the girls. He was middle-aged with a trimmed beard and deep, sunken eyes, and lips that twisted into an arrogant sneer. In his right hand rested a small model of Hogwarts Castle; in his left, the statue tightly gripped a long, rolled piece of parchment and a set square. At the bottom of the statue was an old rusty plaque that simply read The Architect of Hogwarts – c. 993. There wasn’t even a name.

 

It was his medallion though that drew in Chaeyoung’s attention; carved faintly on a circular pendant lying over the statue’s heart was the mark. The same mark that was burned into her skin, the same mark that bound her to a contract with Eads, the same mark that she shared with Mina. Chaeyoung’s heart began to race. After weeks of finding nothing, could this actually be her first break in the dealer’s task? Could it mean something? It had to mean something.

 

“Chaeng, are you okay? Your eyes are glazing over.” Dahyun poked her friend’s cheek, trying to get her attention.

 

Chaeyoung ignored Dahyun, her thoughts racing. The Ravenclaw prefect suddenly popped up in her mind. Mina! She had to tell Mina!

 

“Sorry Dubu, but I need to go. I need to find Myoui!”

 

Dahyun frowned. “Already? What about Peeves? We’re at war right now!”

 

“Something came up, something super important! There are lives at stake!”

 

“Yeah, our lives! You can’t abandon me out of the blue like this. We might actually be able to break our streak this time. You’re the one who was pushing for us to aim for a whole week!” Dahyun fumed. “C’mon Chaeng, we barely see each other nowadays and each time we hang out, you’ve ditched me for Myoui! What are you two doing? Is this about your stupid dragon thing? I know something happened at Hogsmeade!”

 

“Leave it Dahyun, I gotta go. I’ll make it up to you later!” snapped Chaeyoung. She didn’t mean to sound harsh, but her mind was too focused on the first clue to process anything else. And also because Dahyun hit it right on the nose. If she stayed any longer, she knew she’d break her promise to Mina.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t even get to take one step away from Dahyun before Peeves appeared out of nowhere, somersaulting in the air. “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I FOUND YOU!” he screeched. “PEEVES FOUND SONNY! PEEVES FOUND KIMMY! PEEVES FOUND SONNY! PEEVES FOUND KIMMY!”

 

The girls were too stunned to move as Peeves took out an armload of troll-snot filled balloons, a naughty smile curled on his thin lips. “BOMBS AWAY!” he yelled gleefully as he zoomed above them and dumped all of the balloons on the unfortunate duo.

 

/ / /

 

“What happened to you?” Mina raised an eyebrow as Chaeyoung rushed into the common room. The entirety of the girl’s small frame was covered in a thick, viscous, pale-green substance. Its odor was quite strong and smelled like combination of sweat and vinegar. Mina cringed as Chaeyoung wiped some of the slime off of her face.

 

“Peeves,” replied Chaeyoung, nonchalantly. Mina suspected that this wasn’t Chaeyoung’s first time engaging with the poltergeist. The short girl continued, “But listen, before Dahyun and I were attacked with troll-snot balloons, I found something that will help us with our search!” The younger student enthusiastically moved forward as Mina stepped back.

 

“Hold on,” Mina said, her hands up to shield herself from the mucus-drenched Chaeyoung. She didn’t want to be a victim of troll-snot either. “Clean yourself up first. You’re doused in snot and ruining the common room’s nice carpet.” The younger girl looked down and saw that the room’s luscious dark blue carpet was now horribly stained.

 

Chaeyoung pouted her lips like she was going to protest, but complied with Mina’s request. She hurried to the dorms, still dripping slime with each step, and disappeared. The prefect sighed. The poor house elves would have to clean up this mess, and troll-snot was notorious for being difficult to remove.

 

Rolling her eyes, Mina figured she had at least an hour before Chaeyoung would return somewhat decent. She settled at her study table and looked over her Arithmancy homework for any errors. I found something that will help us with our search. Chaeyoung’s words echoed in her mind. Mina’s heart pounded against her chest as she tried to concentrate on her studies, but it was to no avail. Her thoughts drifted from possibility to possibility as she tried to decipher what exactly Chaeyoung found.

 

As predicted, it did take some time before Chaeyoung came back fresh and clean from Peeves’ attack. The shorter girl bounced down the dormitory stairs reminding Mina of a kid ready for the winter holidays. Chaeyoung had shed her uniform sweater and now wore only the white shirt with black slacks. With the sleeves rolled up, the girl looked a bit unruly, not bothering to properly button the collar nor tighten her blue and bronze necktie. Her long, black hair was braided down her shoulder with bangs swept to the side and an excited grin sat on her lips, showing off her dimple.

 

“So, Myoui, what do you know about the architect of Hogwarts?”

 

 

 

Mina inhaled sharply when she saw the mark on the architect’s medallion. Chaeyoung had taken her to the front hall, insisting that the golden statue near the window had a major clue. She didn’t believe the younger girl at first, there never seemed to be anything special about the statue. As far as Mina was concerned, the figure wasn’t enchanted so it did not move or talk. Perhaps its age was significant? But the shimmering gold sculpture did not hold the same archaic appearance as the castle. Maybe the house elves just took really good care of it.

 

“See?” Chaeyoung pointed out as she extended an arm out, indicating the necklace. She lifted her right wrist to compare. “The exact same.”

 

Mina wasn’t sure what to make of this finding. There was relief that by pure luck the two girls were able to find some sort of lead to the quest, but it was also unsettling that the mark she and Chaeyoung had may hold a deeper significance. “So, this heirloom we need to find is related to the architect of our school?”

 

“Seems that way.” Chaeyoung frowned; it cute how her bottom lip puckered out and her brow furrowed in grave concentration. The prefect had never seen the young girl so serious. “I don’t know much about him though.”

 

Mina admittedly also didn’t know much about the architect. She had read Hogwarts: A History by Bathilda Bagshot multiple times. The book gave in-depth coverage the school’s history since its origins with the four Founders: Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, and Salazar Slytherin. If she recalled correctly, the author had vaguely mentioned the architect, only stating that he had worked closely with Ravenclaw on the castle’s design.

 

Her eyes drifted the plaque at the base of the statue. Unlike the rest of the figure, the inscription was worn and aged, rusting at the edges. Strange. She leaned in for a closer inspection. Behind the chiseled letters, there seemed to be a faint engraving like someone had tried to rub it away. Mina tapped Chaeyoung on the shoulder, pointing at the plate. “Does it look like there used to be something else written on this?”

 

Chaeyoung brushed her hand over the metal. “It certainly feels as if there was something. Oh! Myoui, it’s the mark again!”

 

Sure enough, Mina could make out the faded circles on the plaque.

 

“What if . . .” Mina withdrew her wand and muttered a quick spell. Slowly the existing words melted and a new set appeared. It wasn’t the best quality, but it still legible.

 

“Whoa, what did you do?” gasped Chaeyoung.

 

“A reverse spell,” explained Mina. “My guess is that this is a palimpsest, so I simply had to bring it back to former state.”

 

“A pali-set?”

 

Palimpsest. Commonly practiced in muggle history, ancient civilizations reused manuscripts or parchments from books, effacing the original writing with a new text though not completely erasing it. Later, similar techniques were used in with metal artwork such as in monumental brass.” Mina nodded toward the plaque. “People initially implemented this method because parchment or other writing surfaces were not always readily available and they needed to be resourceful. However, in this case, someone clearly tried to hide this engraving.”

 

“Wow . . . that was really . . . nerdy.”

 

Mina sniffed, offended. “Well, at least my nerdy-ness got us somewhere!” she retorted. 

 

Chaeyoung held up her hands. “Okay, okay, relax. I get it, your brain is useful. But we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for my keen eyes.” She turned toward the plaque. “What does it say?”

 

The prefect had to squint in order to decrypt the rough lettering.

 

Be neath the prideful king who stands

Rests his heart in Vulcan’s hands

Behind a tongue which cannot speak

Unravels a truth should justice seek

 

“Seems like a poem of some sort,” observed Mina, tilting her head.

 

Chaeyoung, who had been peeking over Mina’s shoulder, let out a sudden shout. The fifth-year jumped, startled at the younger girl’s outburst. “That’s it!”

 

“What?”

 

“Eads said that there’s treasure hidden in the castle! What if finding the heirloom is an actual treasure hunt with clues? You said it’s like a poem, yeah? What if it’s a riddle? And this is the first one?” Chaeyoung said excitedly as she danced on the balls of her feet, fists clenched.

 

Mina bit her lip. As absurd and childish as it sounded, she couldn’t think of a reason why Chaeyoung could be wrong. Eads had given them absolutely nothing to go on, but here in front of her face was the mark on a metal plate with a potential clue. The odds already weren’t in their favor, so what was the harm to follow this lead – their only lead?

 

“Okay,” she said slowly, “Let’s say you’re right and this is a riddle. Do you think it will bring us to the heirloom?”

 

Chaeyoung shrugged. “Hopefully. Looking at these lines, it seems like they are trying to direct us to a certain location. Maybe if we can figure out the place, we will find out where the heirloom is hidden.”

 

“We should write it down then. Do you have a quill or parchment on you?”

 

“Uhhhh . . . no. You?”

 

Mina shook her head.

 

“Wait!” Chaeyoung hit her fist against the palm of her other hand. “I know what to do!” This time it was she who took out her wand, twirling it smoothly between her fingers.

 

Diffindo!” she said confidently as she tapped the plaque with her wand. The metal instantly unhinged itself from the base of the statue and slid to the floor. The young Ravenclaw girl picked it up, grinning in satisfaction. She glanced up to her companion with a cocky glint in her eyes.

 

Unfortunately, if Chaeyoung was seeking any compliments or praise from Mina, she didn’t get it. The prefect’s eyes were wide in horror. “Y-you just – you just damaged school property!”

 

“Yeah, so?”

 

“You can’t go around and ruin a statue that’s centuries old, Chaeyoung! This is an antique! One of a kind! It’s a freaking memorial to someone! What would the professors say if they found out? Or Headmaster Park?”

 

“Too late. Besides, it’s not the first time I’ve done this, and I’ve never been caught before . . . er . . .” Chaeyoung faltered when Mina’s face turned livid. “I mean . . . aren’t you even slightly impressed that I know how to do a severing charm so effortlessly? I’m pretty good, right? Dahyun mentioned that Professor Flitwick said fourth-years wouldn’t learn it until later in the year.”

 

Mina crossed her arms. “No. There’s no way I’m going to approve of you abusing magic to wreck the school at your own free will. I should take off points for your behavior! Do you know how dangerous that spell can be anyway? What if you had completely ruined the plaque? Where would we be then?”

 

Chaeyoung twirled her wand again. “Hey, neither us had anything to write with or on. Stop fretting and trust me when I say I’m good at the spells that I find useful.”

 

“You shouldn’t use your magical skills for your own self-indulgence!”

 

“At least it’s better than using them to just get good marks!”

 

Mina opened to argue, but stopped when she heard footsteps in the distance. Frantically, she and Chaeyoung tried to hide the metal plate as the school caretaker, Filch, approached them with an unpleasant look on his face.

 

“Oi! What are the two of you doing here, loitering in the Entrance Hall?” he growled. “Shouldn’t you be eating supper with everyone else?”

 

With the plaque in Chaeyoung’s hands, the girls stood shoulder-to-shoulder (almost shoulder-to-shoulder), making sure to conceal it behind their backs. They exchanged looks.

 

“We were admiring the statue,” said Chaeyoung, casually. “My mum’s an architect, and I’ve been curious about our school’s builder ever since she told me how much of a genius he was – this place is pretty crazy. Mina here was kind enough to give me a history lesson about it.” Her eyes flickered over to Mina, signaling her to play along.

 

“Er, y-yes. A history lesson about the architect . . . Never can get too much of history . . . because history is like really important . . .” Once again, Myoui Mina’s lying skills at their finest. Geez, how could Chaeyoung lie so easily? Despite how problematic the younger girl’s delinquent abilities could be, Mina had to admit that in situations like this, they were quite handy. “Always better with visuals too, yeah?” Mina added as she laughed awkwardly. She tried to give Chaeyoung a subtle wink, but failed miserably. Her companion face palmed, groaning quietly.

 

Filch’s thin lips sat in a straight line as he stared at the students with narrow eyes. “Just get on to the Great Hall!” he spat. “I don’t want to see you two dawdling around here anymore; these corridors aren’t meant to have children in them.”

 

“Uh, yeah they are, this is a school, duh. What kind of bullsh– mph!” Mina clamped her hand over Chaeyoung’s mouth before the young girl could get them into more trouble. Filch was a cantankerous old man who never listened to reason and it would be futile to fight him on anything.

 

“We’re really sorry,” said the fifth-year hastily. “We’ll be on our way to the Great Hall right now.” Swiftly grabbing Chaeyoung’s shoulders, Mina turned the latter to face away with her backside pressed against the older girl’s front. The plate was still secure in Chaeyoung’s left hand, and now hidden in between the two warm bodies. Mina pushed them towards the Great Hall, hurriedly moving out of Filch’s sight.

 

“Wow, Myoui. Who knew you could be so aggressive? You gotta be careful with me, I’m small and delicate,” Chaeyoung chuckled when they reached the set of enormous, double wooden doors.

 

“Shut up, Son. You need to exercise some self-control with that mouth of yours; we already have enough problems to deal with.”

 

“Yeah, yeah,” Chaeyoung replied dismissively. “At least it wasn't totally obvious that I was lying,” she muttered under her breath. 

 

“And make sure to keep that hidden,” warned Mina, gesturing to the plate. “Someone will eventually know it’s missing, so we should record the riddle and return it as soon as possible.”

 

Yes, ma'am.

 

A silence drifted between the unlikely pair. It slowly registered with the two that they now had some ground to run on with Eads’s task. Was it the right direction? They didn’t know for sure, but they decided to gamble everything they had to pursue it. December was rapidly approaching. The girls didn’t want to fancy the idea of if they were wrong, anyway.

 

“I can’t believe we actually found something,” Chaeyoung murmured in amazement after a moment. “You know what this means, right Myoui?”

 

“That I won’t die?”

 

Chaeyoung childishly laughed at Mina’s comment. “Yeah, you won’t die,” her eyes crinkled with delightful anticipation, “and I’m actually going get my dragon!”

 


A/n: Finally posted! Ah, I was excited to share this chapter because we're finally getting somewhere! I swear coming up with riddles and clues is eating all of my brain cells though. Seriously. 

Anyway, after this weekend, I'm going to try and crank out the next few chapters in order to stay on top of schedule. My LNY performances will be done by Sunday. Also I have a few side projects/AUs x Twice planned (including Greaser!AU and modern day PeterPan!AU). See? This is what happens when we're in a drought: I am actually productive, hahaha. But first priority will still be Chaeyoung getting her dragon! 

Thanks for the support as always. Cheers!