ONE

I'm Not The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ONE

 

 

 

 

 

Was she a stalker?

 

Kang Hyewon was not entirely sure but the way she acted right now however, could definitely pass her as one. No one could really blame her, after all—that was what she liked to think in her case—not when the person that she was stalking on looking like a human version of an animated character from most of the animes (not the weird ones, though) she loves to spend her time on watching, and always fantasised about. Believe it or not, she tried her best to stop from being such a creepy person yet she kept on coming back to being an observer—yes, observer definitely sounds a lot better than stalker, not that it really changed anything of what she was actually doing at the moment. Still, it made her less of a creep, she badly hoped.

 

Hyewon tilted her head to one side and a soft smile gracing over her lips at the sight of her. There she was looking beautiful and out of the world like she always has been. She was smiling so brightly and exuding great energy to everyone around her. It was truly mesmerising to stare at her even from a long distance and perhaps it was the only option that Hyewon has considering she was a nobody to that girl.

 

Why are you so beautiful? A deep sigh left Hyewon’s parted lips as she thought to herself while looking at her prey with fondness in her eyes. She really could go on forever staring and wondering how a girl can look as gorgeous as her, it was almost ridiculous; keyword here : almost.

 

Miyawaki Sakura is the name of the girl whom Hyewon was watching from afar. She was a transferee student from Japan since two years ago. When she first entered the school, she created buzz for her beauty and everyone will always swarmed around her in hopes of making her as their friends (or perhaps something more), however that didn’t include Hyewon as she never really bothered to make her presence known to the Japanese girl—even if she really wanted to be friends with her. The teachers will always favour Sakura as she proved to be a clever girl and always aced the school’s examination as stated from her records on her previous school, while Hyewon here could barely keep up with her studies and do a simple multiplication without getting a headache—it was not like she was stupid or anything like that, just studying was not her thing.

 

The girl could be seen laughing out loud and booing playfully at one of her friend’s funny yet lame antic as they were sitting down on the bleachers. Her sweet laughter could be heard resonating throughout the empty school’s field with the exception of Hyewon, Sakura and her group of friends—Hyewon was hiding away behind a huge tree as she tried her best to be stealthy while observing the beautiful girl hanging out with her athletic friends. It always amused Hyewon whenever she watched Sakura joined her group of friends doing any kind of sports activities when she was obviously far from being the athletic type. She knew of this matter since she has always been secretly watching over her with the utmost admiration.

 

Admiration, that was how it had always been for Hyewon whenever she thought of the Japanese girl and it stayed like that for the first year the girl was at this school. So when did it begin to change into something more? She has no idea and would probably have no answer to it, but she can bravely say that it grew deeper than she could possibly wanted.

 

“When will you actually stop stalking that anime girl and go talk to her?” A shorter girl with a long chestnut hair appeared out of nowhere and gently nudging Hyewon’s ticklish side with her elbow. Both the gesture and the low whisper that was breathed into her left ear caused the startled girl to immediately covering her sides with her arms and a loud squeal escaped.

 

“Don’t sneak up on me like that, Kim Chaewon!” Hyewon glared at the girl beside her who seemed unfazed by it. When she turned to look up front again, she realised Sakura and her group of friends were looking at both her and Chaewon. Flustered and annoyed that she was probably already got caught, she immediately turned around to hide herself and quickly she walked away while dragging her friend with her.

 

Let's hope she didn't see my face or I'm actually screwed!

 

The girl beside her snorted as she finally responded to Hyewon’s words while walking together. “I didn’t sneak up on you, okay? I have called your name like three times but you were so fixated on your lady that you went deaf on everything else and even me, your dearest friend.” She emphasised the words ‘your lady’ to tease Hyewon while pretending to wipe her fake tears. Acting defensive, Hyewon then furrowed her brows as she muttered softly, sounding almost like she was whining. “My eyes weren’t fixated on her and neither is she my lady, alright?”

 

“But you are wishing she is, aren’t you?” Chaewon’s teasing smile appearing as her brows moving up and down in an almost suggestive manner, somehow. Instead of giving a verbal respond to her friend’s question, Hyewon lightly shrugged her shoulders with her usual blank expression, unsure of whether to deny or agreeing with it.

 

Her friend knew better than to keep on with her teasing since she could sense the gloominess surrounding her despite the expressionless face she was putting on at that time. Loosely linking her arm with the other girl’s arm, Chaewon then gently tugged her to a different direction once they were outside of the school area. “Come on, I’ll treat you some corn dogs at the convenience store.”

Instantly Hyewon’s eyes sparkling up at the mention of food and this time, she was the one who pulled the shorter girl along with her. Her feet skipped faster and happily, and she could feel her stomach growling in hunger, eager to be there as soon as possible. “I want three corndogs and strawberry milk!” She chirped out. Teeth showing as she smiled broadly at her friend.

 

“Yah, I’m not made of money, you .” Chaewon gave her a deathly glare. “Just one corndog and nothing more.” She stated firmly while still glaring at the other girl.

 

Unfortunately, she could not help but to buy three corndogs and strawberry milk as requested by Hyewon, not when she kept on pouting her lips and doing various kind of cute acts to her in the middle of the convenience store. Chaew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter