final.

comfy

It had been a long weekend for Yena. Her father had taken her to a hunters’ convention. She spent her time training and learning about new equipment and weapons.

Despite it being an intensive weekend, Yena had a great time. She met a few young hunters who shared her values and beliefs pertaining to the supernatural.

Even though she had fun, she was glad it was over and that she could finally got home to her apartment. Yena couldn't wait to tell Yuri - her roommate and crush - all about her weekend. The two girls weren't actually dating, but they often kissed and did romantic things together that other people would call a date. Even though they would often hook up with one another, the two girls were definitely more than just friends with benefits. Yena didn't know what they were exactly, but she did know that she was hopelessly in love with Yuri and wished that they were actually dating.

Pushing her thoughts of them actually dating out of her head to keep from getting her hopes up, Yena entered the apartment. It was a little messier than it had been before she left, but that was to be expected since Yuri wasn't really the neatest person.

“I’m home,” Yena called out as she took her jacket off and placed it on the coat rack. She didn't get a response. Yena figured Yuri was out with Gyuri or Seoyeon. They could catch up later. For now, Yena could go unpack and then maybe take a quick nap. She straightened up a few things in the living room before heading over to her room.

She wasn’t expecting to find Yuri curled up in her bed, already asleep. Yena wasn’t sure if she should wake her up or not. Luckily Yuri stirred, slowly waking up herself.

“Good morning,” she yawned, looking up at Yena with heavy lidded eyes and a sleepy smile, seemingly unaware of their current situation.

“Yuri, what are you doing in my bed?” Yena asked.

She looked around and her eyes lit up as though she was just realizing where she was. “Your bedroom is warmer.”

They both knew that she was lying. Yena’s room was like a freezer. There’s been times in winter when it was so cold that Yena would have to either sleep in Yuri’s room with her or out in the living room to keep from freezing.

Yena took a closer look at Yuri. She noticed the very familiar grey t-shirt that Yuri was wearing. “Are you wearing my shirt?”

Yuri blushed. “It’s comfy.”

“So you’re sleeping in my bed and wearing my shirt?” Yena asked with a smile again, trying to get an actual answer.

Yuri’s whole face flushed a bright red. “I missed you. Okay? The bed and your shirt smell like you and I missed you.”

Yena’s expression softened. She leaned over a placed a chaste kiss on Yuri’s lips. “Why didn't you just say so?”

“Because it's a bit embarrassing to fall so in love with your roommate” Yuri replied, eyes cast downward and voice just barely audible.

Yena froze up. She wasn’t sure if she had heard her right. “You’re in love with me?”

“I’m sorry if I made things awkward between us now. I know you don't f-”

Yena cupped Yuri’s face in her hands and cut her off with a kiss. She poured all of her emotions into the kiss. Yuri’s hands gripped her shoulders,pulling her in closer as though she was terrified Yena would vanish. The kiss was needy and desperate.

When they finally pulled apart, Yena continued to hold Yuri’s face, gently a thumb across her cheek. She held her gaze and softly whispered back, “I love you, too.”

Yuri’s eyes widened like saucers. “You love me too?”

It was Yena’s turn to blush. “I have for a while now. I was scared that you didn't feel the same. I didn't want to ruin our friendship.”

“I felt the same way,” Yuri responded. She smiled softly as she reached out a took Yena’s hand.

Yena smiled back at her. “Yuri, will you be my girlfriend?”

A large smile spread across her face as Yuri leaned in to plant a quick kiss on Yena’s lips. “Of course.”

The two girls sat on Yena’s bed, exchanging soft kisses and gentle embraces. Yena felt like she was walking on air. She couldn't believe that not only did Yuri love her too, she could now call Yuri her girlfriend. Yena was so happy.

After a little while, the two girls pulled apart again but remained in an embrace. Yuri leaned her forehead against Yena’s. “So what do we do know?”

“I was originally planning on taking a nap,” Yena replied.

Yuri nodded. “That sounds like a great idea.”

Yena kissed her one last time before getting up off the bed. “Just give me a minute to change.”

Yuri snuggled back down into the blankets while Yena changed into a pair of sweatpants and an old t-shirt. Once changed, Yena crawled into bed next to her girlfriend. Yuri wrapped her arms around her, pulling her close. Yena laid a hand overtop of Yuri’s. Their legs intertwined with one another's. Once the two girls were comfortable, they drifted into a peaceful sleep, a smile on both of their faces.

The bed and the shirt may smell like Yena, but Yuri preferred to actually have her there with her instead.