All Day

Please Stay

 

            Bright sun rays and Taecyeon’s weariness were the concoction for a morning wake disaster.  At first, he tried to open his eyes, but they immediately shut when making contact with the natural sunlight.  Irritated, he threw a pillow on top of his face.  However, it did not help.  Through the soft memory foam, he could hear muffled screams from an all too familiar voice.  He tried to tune it out, but the voice got louder and louder.  Then it got closer and closer. 

            “Ok Taecyeon get up!”  It was his mother.

            Why was his mother waking him up? ... Wait… How did his mother get in his place? … Taecyeon carefully smelt the pillow on top of his face… Autumn Potpourri… His pillows smelt like lavender and honey because of Gyuri… He hated the scent of this potpourri.  He would never have them in his home.  Wait… This. Was.  Not.  His.  Place.  As he realized this, the warm blanket and pillow protecting his face were thrown off his body.

            “Didn’t I just tell you to wake up?  You’re not a student anymore.  Besides you have to meet someone!”  his mother boomed.

            Meet someone.  Who?  He did not hear his hamster assistant mention any meetings on a Saturday morning.  Not only that, how did his mother know his schedule?

            “There’s this great lady I want you to meet.  It is difficult for many mothers to set their sons up with this one,” his mother answered his questions.  Still he did not want to meet anyone when he was having problems with Gyuri.

 

 

About Seven to Eight Months Ago

            Bleu nightclub had only been opened for a few months, but it was already one of the hottest places in the nightlife scene.  Great music and fantastic drinks, people were here for a good time.  Everything in here was over the top, but that was one its qualities that made it the place to go to.  It was all thanks to the young fresh owner, Jang Wooyoung.  Tonight he admired his creation by celebrating the return of his best friend, Ok Taecyeon.

            Wooyoung stood up from the cushy red couch and held his drink high, “Finally Ok Taecyeon has returned back from America.  Short occasional visits don’t cut it anymore.”

            Sitting right beside him, Taecyeon flashed his goofy pal a smile and looked around the room.  All his closest friends were here tonight; Wooyoung, Junho, Junsu, Jay, Chansung, and Nichkhun.  It had been a long time since they all got together.  Now they were here and celebrating because Taecyeon recently moved back from Los Angeles.  It was sudden and not many knew the main reasons why.  Not even his group of friends here.  At first when he moved back, he was like a hermit.  Never leaving his hotel, he always had a temper.  No one could go near him, with the exception of his Grandpa Joon.  His friends were worried, but Taecyeon needed his space.  In this mood, it was best to stay away from him.  Then a few days ago, it was announced that Taecyeon would be the Vice President of his family’s shipping company, Legion Trading.  Strange because Taecyeon was so invested in the law firm back in L.A. However, Taecyeon had expressed wanting to take over Legion before Eunhyuk can when they were children.  Not only that, Taecyeon did seem happier.  Maybe because it distracted him from his problems.  What mattered  was that Taecyeon finally stepped out of his cave since coming back home.

            “Hara can you get us another bottle of soju?  Make it the best for my best friend,”  Wooyoung hollered.

            Instead of Hara, an Aphrodite appeared.  Curves in the right places with wavy blonde hair and seductive eyes, she took Taecyeon’s breath away.  Back in the states, he had seen and met beautiful women, but no one competed with this one.  She was gorgeous.  Gorgeous was an understatement.  No words could perfectly and accurately describe this beauty.  Taecyeon’s eyes travelled her body.  Mentally taking pictures.  Memorizing every detail.  He was not being a horn dog, but he could not stop admiring her beauty. 

As she was listening to Wooyoung’s order, their eyes met.  It was electrifying.  Then she smirked at him as she walked away.

“Hey who is that blonde,” Taecyeon tried to ask coolly.  He needed to know her.

His friends had cheeky smiles, “Ah you met the Aphrodite of Bleu, Park Gyuri.”  Junho whistled, “You’re interested aren’t you?”

Taecyeon blushed, “That is none of your business.”

 

 

            As much as he did not want to, Taecyeon dragged himself out of bed.  Observing his surroundings, he realized he was in his old bedroom of his parent’s house.  He sniffed himself.  He reeked of alcohol.  He then remembered he went drinking by himself after last night.  Somehow, one of his father’s men picked him up before he tried anything stupid, like aggravating Gyuri.  Unfortunately, he was dropped off at his parents’ home.  Probably his father’s orders.  However, that was his fault for drinking like a fool last night.

            He took a hot shower and used the best soaps he could find in the bathroom.  Just because he did not want to meet another blind date, that did not mean he had to look his worse.  After all, he had an image to maintain.  Once he finished showering, he found an outfit on the already made bed.  A black suit, red tie, and matching black shoes.  Sounded right since most of these blind dates had business, political, or social motives.  The girl was from a rich family.

            After he fixed his tie and his hair, he slowly walked down the stairs.  Before he walked into the dining room, he stood behind the wall, and collected his thoughts.  Then he entered the room.

            His mother and father stopped eating, and looked at their son.  Tilting their heads, they took note of his appearance and judged it for a few moments.  He was kinda decent.  Kinda.

            “Son wipe that frown off your face,” Hyunjae commanded his son before returning back to his food and newspaper.

            Taecyeon took his seat at the table.  Before he grabbed some food, he questioned his mother, “Do I have to go?”

            Minhee nodded yes.

            Irritated, Taecyeon continued, “Can you tell me her name?”

 

 

            When Gyuri returned with the bottle of soju, Taecyeon directed an intense expression at her.  The intensity was hot, that it even flustered Gyuri a little, despite not showing it.  There was a certain chemistry she never experienced before.  It was not lust.  She was entranced by him.  A certain aura of power surrounded him.  She could tell he held a confidence that could match her own.  Underneath it all, there was a complexity she sensed and needed to discover.  He fascinated her.  It also did not hurt that he was like an Adonis with that tall perfect muscular body, hidden by rich clothing, and a face that looked like it was sculpted by Michelangelo.

            Once she placed the drinks, she left the VIP lounge.  Still, she felt a strong presence following her.  It almost dominated her.  Almost.  While she walked in one of the quieter hallways of Bleu, she quickly turned back.  Before her was Wooyoung’s new friend she just saw.

            “Park Gyuri is it?  How about you, me, my place.”  This tall guy was a horn dog.  Bold, but a horn dog.

            Gyuri’s eyes went up and down, “How about no.  How did you catch my name, when I don’t have yours?”

             “Why does it matter?”  Could he get any cockier?

            “It matters because I don’t follow strangers.  Also I like guys that I know, especially their names.”

            Most guys would have left by the first rejection, but he stuck around.  Instead of leaving, he took his right hand out, “Let’s start again.  My name is Ok Taecyeon.  I just saw you and think you’re gorgeous.  So gorgeous, I have to know your name.”

            Gyuri shook his hand.  He had a strong grip.  She liked that.  Showed he had power and confidence.  It felt like there were sparks when their fingers touched.  “Park Gyuri.”

            “Well Gyuri how would you like to have coffee with me right now, so you and I can learn about each other,” he had a toothy grin.  She had to admit it was cute.

            “As kind as your offer is, I have to decline because I am working right now.”

            “After work, I’ll be waiting for you in the front.  There’s a great café that’s open 24 hours.” He was determined.

 

 

            Breakfast was quiet after Taecyeon was told to stop asking questions about his blind date.  He had to find out for himself.  Even her name was unknown because her parents thought he would judge her based on the rumors he heard about her.  That’s not him though.

            As much as Taecyeon liked Korean food, so many years in America made him accustomed to their way like breakfast.  Hungry, Taecyeon felt like eating a huge plate of fried eggs, bacon, and fried rice.  Still he needed to meet his date soon.   Maybe he could slip in something right now.

            “Hey driver, do you want an egg toast sandwich from one of those carts?”

            The driver’s eyes glanced at the rear view mirror, “Mr. Ok I was told to drop you off at the designated location and pick you up afterwards.  That way we can retrieve your car.”

            A killer headache and growling stomach was not going to accept that for an excuse.  “Did I forget to mention you will get a couple of sandwiches too?”

            The driver’s neutral face turned into a smile.  Taecyeon smiled back, but noticed this was not the way to his hotel, where all the meetings were held at.

            “Just curious where is today’s meeting?”

            His driver looked at him with a confused expression, “Mr. Ok, your date is at the café near your hotel, All Day.”

 

 

            It was 1 A.M. by the time she was done with her shift.  Unfortunately, the back door that Gyuri tried to go through was blocked by a “busy” couple.  Great, she had to go through the club just to leave by the front door.  Not only that, she would have to see Taecyeon again.  That is if he remembered to meet her.  Besides he never asked what time she finished tonight.  Also she did not see him since he left her in the hall.  Maybe he left with another girl.  Maybe he is like the others, too afraid for a challenge.  What a shame, she was starting to warm up to this guy.  He seemed different from the others.

            Once Gyuri made her way through the blasting music and sardine packed crowd, she finally gasped and took a deep breath.  She closed her eyes.  Then she opened them.  Standing in front of her was Ok Taecyeon.  He was leaning against his Ferrari.  Boy did he look more confident than ever.

            “You didn’t think I’ll live up to my word,” he smiled.

            She had to admit she was impressed by his determination.  “I’ll admit you surprised me.  So what’s this coffee shop you’re talking about?”

            “All Day.  It’s pretty good.”

            “We’ll see then.  We’re taking your car.”

            Taecyeon could not agree more.  The car ride was short, but intense.  Both looked at each other, not saying much, admiring each other’s beauty.  Taecyeon was slowly undressing her with his eyes.  Gyuri had no complaints.  She was doing the exact same thing.

            By the time they arrived, both of them were hotter than usual.  Taecyeon wasted no time and ordered.  A Colombian coffee for him.  A chai latte for her, along with a cheesecake.  She must be hungry after work.  While they were in the café, they enjoyed their meal and each other’s company.  They joked and had a witty conversation with those moments of skinship.  Fingers touching hands.  on the arms.  Moving each other’s hair.  Occasional leg caresses.  Before they knew it, it was 3:30 A.M.

            “Oh it’s getting late,” Gyuri looked at the clock.

            They wished they had more time.  Taecyeon offered a ride home.

            As they made their way back to the car, Taecyeon suddenly grabbed Gyuri.  She spun and their eyes met.  Her eyes widened by this surprise move.  Their lips met.  His arms held on to her curves.  Her arms wrapped around his neck.  As the kiss deepen, their eyes closed.  Both fought for control with their tongues.  Their heads slowly tilted.  It was chemistry at its finest.  After what seemed like an eternity, both let go for a gasp of air.  All these past few hours of lust, intensity, passion, and chemistry were adding up.

            “Your place,” Gyuri demanded.  Never before was she like this, but never before she wanted someone so much.

            Taecyeon smirked, “My pleasure, my place isn’t too far.”

 

 

That night with Gyuri was magical, but for now he had to push that thought to the side, unless he wanted to greet this date with a rather large friend.  All Day was not too crowded.  Good, at least half of the high Korean society would not be gawking at him.  Usually a bunch of women would watch his dates, to comment and gossip about it.  Still he had to be on his best behavior.

The café knew him well, so one of the waitresses led him to his table.  It was under his mother’s name.  Smart move, at least it was not under the date’s name, keeping the mystery alive.  For some reason though, as Taecyeon was approaching the table, something was not right.  Once he arrived, the date had her back towards him.  Then she rose up once she heard him.  She faced him now.  It couldn’t be.

Im Yoona.