Wounds

Please Stay

 

            He was a little rougher tonight than usual.  There were love bites covering her body.  A few along her neck.  Some on the valley of her bosom.  She did not mind these bites.  However, the colors of these bites were misrepresentations.  Despite the hastiness and roughness of each bite, to her it felt like a kiss worshiping her body.

            Still Gyuri could not deny the power and anger Taecyeon incorporated tonight.  He was much more forceful.  Each was much stronger and rougher.  His grip on her was much tighter, almost causing bruises on her wrists and waist.  Both of their lips were swollen from their aggressive kisses.  Not much escaped his lips during their session, except for the grunts and moans.  Taecyeon was much different tonight.  He was a beast. 

            It could have been from the alcohol.  Earlier that evening, Gyuri found him intoxicated at the nightclub she worked at, Bleu, owned by Taecyeon’s friend, Wooyoung.  He definitely had more than a few drinks.  However, Taecyeon was not the type of man to let alcohol influence him.

            It could have been from something earlier today.  Based on the wounds on his face, it looked like something serious happened.  There was a bandage above his left brow, which was starting to become stained from the dried dark maroon blood splotches through the white cotton.  On his lip was a slightly deep cut that he left uncovered.  There were a couple of light bruises.  Unlike his face, his body remained free of injuries.  It was perfect like the body of Adonis.  Still the cuts on his face gave him that rugged appearance like the dreamy bad boy every girl wants.  Despite this y tough guy image, Gyuri could not stand to see him hurt.

            Even though Taecyeon was not incredibly affectionate with Gyuri because they were not in a relationship, something was different.  He did not really talk with her.  Sure, they did not pillow talk too often because it was too”couplish”, but still he was contrast of their usual.  Lately he would stare at the ceiling more often, lost in his deep thoughts, but tonight he was different in general.  Just even the minor details were not the norm.  Especially how tonight started.

 

 

Earlier that evening

            “I’ll probably come home late.  Don’t worry, I have my car again.  I picked it up after I dropped off the cake to Grandpa Joon,” Gyuri said while leaning her back against the wall.  Suddenly Gyuri was attacked by a horde of questions about the cake by her best friend/roommate, Jung Nicole.  As the conversation continued, Gyuri noticed her co-worker and friend, Goo Hara, signaling her to hurry up before she got in trouble.

            “Cole, I have to get back to work.  See you at home,” Gyuri rushed and hung up.  After the call, she started to walk towards Hara until her phone vibrated against her back pocket.

Ok Taecyeon

            Gyuri could not resist answering that call.  She had to answer it.  No one really had this hold on her.  Except for him.  Without hesitation, she answered to Taecyeon.  Her heart had difficulty hiding its excitement. 

            “Hey,” she greeted coolly, hoping not to reveal too much of herself.

            “My place now,” Taecyeon demanded.  He did not use any courtesy.  Nor was there smooth or charm.  He was always blunt and to the point, but he was much more aggressive right now.  What was strange was that he called for a second night in a row.  This dark avaricious attitude was unlike those times he called constantly to “hang out” because he was stressed or .

            Most people would have been scared off by this stormy obscurity, but right now this attracted Gyuri.  It even turned her on.  However, she had to set her desires on the backburner because was late for work, and could not leave early.  Just because Taecyeon and Wooyoung were best friends and Taecyeon was “banging her”- in the words of jealous admirers- Gyuri did not see those as reasons for her to slack off work.  She needed to see him though.

            Wanting to compromise, Gyuri suggested, “After work?”

            This was not the answer Taecyeon wanted, “No now.”

            Sometimes he could be so stubborn.  Before she could fire back, he told her, “I’ll find you then.”

            Then without notice, Taecyeon hung up.  Gyuri continued her walk to Hara, who had a frustrated look.  After being lectured and gossiping with Hara, they resumed their work at the highly popular nightclub, Bleu.  Time seemed to pass by slowly for Gyuri, then she felt a warm kiss on her neck.

            “Hey what are you doing?  Did you have too many drinks?” Gyuri said with great annoyance as she turned around.  “Taecyeon?”

            There was Taecyeon in his usually smartly dressed business suit sans tie.  A few buttons were undone, revealing his chisled bronzed chest.  His face was a constrasting story with the cuts that worried her.  However, there was a cocky smirk, “I told you I’d find you, but I guess I had a few drinks along the way.  C’mon I want you at my place.”  Suddenly he grabbed her left wrist.

            Taecyeon was never like this in public.  Even though Taecyeon wanted her, Gyuri had work, so she shook his hand off.  Not wanting to disappoint, she promised him after work.

            Greedy and spoilt, Taecyeon wanted her right now, “I know you want to go now too.  Besides, I want to get it on with you right now.  I could have any other girl at any moment, but I’m choosing you.”

            Gyuri knew he was right, but before she could calm him down, Wooyoung patted Taecyeon’s shoulder, “Aish Ok, I heard about your fight with that idiot.  I can’t believe that guy starting something like that.  He should have known that he would not win.”

            Taecyeon could only give a cockier smile, “You know I beat that Anchovy.  Seriously that guy needs a new nickname.  Actually Woowoo, as much I love your company, I would like your permission to let Gyuri leave early tonight.  Please Woowoo?”

            Wooyoung could not believe his friend, “Ok you know I don’t run a hostess bar.  If you want to spend time with Gyuri call her up or something.  Don’t bother her at work.  Maybe she might call you when she’s not busy.”

            Gyuri gave her boss a thankful look, but then Taecyeon started to talk about driving his car back home.  Being too hard-headed, he refused to take a taxi and started a commotion until Wooyoung assigned Gyuri the task of taking Taecyeon home.  It was not like Taecyeon to start a scene, but when he did, he had a purpose.  Before Gyuri left, Wooyoung apologized for this and promised not to dock her down as long as she took care of Taecyeon tonight.  Boy was she going to watch him all right…

 

 

            There was her Taecyeon staring at the ceiling again.  She wished that he would reveal his inner thoughts, wishes, worries, and everything about him.  However, he would when he was ready. 

            As Gyuri lied on her right side, she observed his face again.  Then she noticed the blood stain above his left brown.  It hurt her to see him in this condition.  Her left hand started to reach towards the bandage, but his hand grabbed her wrist.

            “What are you doing?” Taecyeon growled.

            This annoyed her, “I’m trying to help you by changing your band-aid.  Now please let me finish what I started.”

            Taecyeon reluctantly agreed and let her continue.  There was a slight sting when Gyuri slowly peeled off the band-aid.  On his face was slightly caked dried blood.  First, Gyuri took some alcohol and applied it to his face, to clean his cuts.  It burned, but Taecyeon took it like a man.

 

 

            When Taecyeon arrived at the docks, he saw the crowds of cops, coast guards, and all things law-enforcement.  This made him nervous.  Not just because they were the law, but there was more at risk for him.  Taecyeon looked around to see if there was any press in the vicinity.  Luckily, there was not any.  He did not need more pressure from the law or public breathing down his neck.  Especially after what happened in L.A….

            “How could you have let this happened,” Eunhyuk yelled at Taecyeon.

            Taecyeon growled, “What’s this mess about?  How could there have been drugs in my cargo containers?  I thought these were safe in your family’s docks, since Grandpa trusted you with them.”

            Eunhyuk glared at his cousin, “Well maybe you should have watched your back or you wouldn’t be in this situation.  However, I can’t say you’ve been the clean one in this family.  What you can’t handle the pressure?  Is there something you’re guilty about?  Ready to confess?”

            Before Eunhyuk could continue mocking Taecyeon, Taecyeon’s fist met Eunhyuk’s nose.  Eunhyuk staggered a bit, but once he regained his balance, he charged towards Taecyeon.  Despite his smaller stature, Eunhyuk was able to take down his taller opponent. Both men werew rolling around the ground, and no one could stop them.

            “What do you know,” Taecyeon grunted in between punches as he was on top of Eunhyuk.

            Suddenly Eunhyuk rolled on top of Taecyeon, causing the latter to cut his lip against a rock.  “Don’t ask innocent Taecyeon… I have my sources.”  With that Eunhyuk delivered a hard punch near Taecyeon’s left eye.

            However, Taecyeon was able to deliver a much harder whack to Eunhyuk’s jaw and was able to push him off.  After that, Taecyeon got up and brushed himself off.  Once he was done with that, he cooperated with the cops and dock workers, hoping to get this matter out of the way.

 

 

            The wound was suddenly cool when Taecyeon felt a light breeze.  His eyes looked up and he saw Gyuri gently blowing on it with much attention and care.  Then he felt her delicate fingers gingerly place a new band-aid on top of the wound.  He could tell she wanted to kiss near the cut on his lips, despite her own swollen lips, as a sign of affection, but it scared him.  Instead, he grabbed his wallet and gave her a few hundred dollars.

            “Here.  As a compensation for missing tonight’s work.”  Maybe the money could distract from this mushy stuff.  It did most of the time when he did this with other girls.

            However, Gyuri was not like the others.  Instead of eagerly taking the money and using overly done aegyo, she just stared at the money with disgust.

            “What do you think I am?  Because I’m a waitress at a nightclub, doesn’t mean I’m a hooker or hostess.  I thought you saw me differently than most people Taecyeon,”  Gyuri coldly stated using her infamous goddess glare.  Never before had she used it on him.  Without hesitation, Gyuri quickly changed into her clothes and grabbed her items.

            “Wait, Gyuri.  It wasn’t like that…”  Taecyeon was struggling to say this as he was trying to put on his pants at the same time.  Then he fell during the struggle.  By the time he got up, his apartment door slammed.  Worried, Taecyeon ran to the elevator, but it was already going down.  Shirtless, Taecyeon knew he could not go after Gyuri like this and without his car.  Knowing his only option at the time, he took out his phone and sent her a message so simple, yet so difficult to write.

I’m sorry