Chaos on Campus

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♡----------------------------------------------♡

The autumn wind beat relentlessly against the window of a dim lit apartment--as our elegant character shivers while walking through the front door. The forecast has predicted nearly freezing temperatures all week, much to the dismay of students nationwide.

 

Unwrapping the scarf wrapped tightly against her reddened nose and lips, she invited the warm blast of the heater inside the aparrtment with much needed gratitude. For just a moment, the sudden sensation of heat traveling through her stiff body and neck caused the girl to become overwhelmed in drowsiness. She gave into the temptation and allowed her eyes to fold for just a brief moment.

 

Already though, a small voice inside her head grew louder. It threw waves of complaints and regret for having to leave her warm bed so early in the morning to arrive at the destination she was at now. 

 

Being a medical student as she was, the term rest was somewhere in her dictionary between bull- and fiction. If love wasn’t answering and complying to a call at 6:00 A.M for a favor, our character would have easily thrown that word in the same place rest was located in her dictionary as well. 

 

Re-opening her eyes now after releasing a tired yawn, our character gives a silent greeting to the individual who had called her so early in the morning for help. That girl in particular was already dressed up in a heavy winter jacket, prepared for the onslaught that awaited her outside on this freezing morning. They exchange a short farewell. Our character gives a small smile before wishing her good luck as she exits. After all this was a big day for that individual, and suddenly, our character wasn’t so bitter having to help her this early in the morning. 

 

 

Time to get to work, she reflected with a prolonged stretch. strolling through the familiar cramped corridor now of the two bedroom apartment and tip-toeing her path into the correct room, she is unamused by a certain slumbering beauty. 

 

"Nayeon, wake up." She shrugged the girl’s shoulder with her tiny and freezing hand. 

 

No response.

 

The girl blew her hair in frustration.

 

Waking up patients that had been anesthetized would prove to be so much easier than waking up Nayeon this early. Collecting urine samples or talking to dementia patients would've been more preferable, even for her. "Nayeon, wake the heck up. You're gonna be late for your morning class." The younger girl positioned herself into a sat position on the bed before vigorously shaking Nayeon once again. 

 

"Mhmm."

 

“Nayeon, I swear to God." The said girl rolled her eyes with growing annoyance.

 

"Mhmm not yet, I'm having a nice dream about Mina and me on a canoe date."  Nayeon was able to mumble out before she turned to face the other side of the bed, hoping to catch a few more minutes of shut-eye.

 

Our character hovers dangerously over the sleeping girl’s face. Her long red hair brushed against the laid girl’s cheek and nose. Her lips closing in ever so closely on the girl's exposed ear. she whispered plainly, "Well, you better wake up before I push you off that canoe."

 

“I- wait. Mina?" Nayeon blinked in surprise before sitting up with a jolt. One side of her shirt loosely hanging from her shoulder. She shivered, now aroused from her drowsiness as cold air rubbed on her exposed skin.

 

“Ah, she finally wakes.” Mina threw a sarcastic hand in celebration.

 

Realizing that the sat girl next to her was indeed her girlfriend Mina, Nayeon attempted to lock Mina now in an overbearing hug. The former swiftly dodged the massive hands closing in on her as she turned and moved herself off the bed. 

 

“Babeeee" Nayeon cutely protested as she flung her arms out again towards Mina.

 

"Don't 'babe' me, get dressed. I'm dropping you off."

 

"What are you doing here? Where's Eunbi?" Nayeon mumbled in between yawns as she was referring to her roommate and best-friend. 

 

"She let me in. She called me to wake you and take you to school today since she had to get up early for her new internship.”  Mina explained as she casually went through Nayeon's closet. Her tongue slightly protruded out the middle of her lips as she formulated an outfit for her girlfriend to wear. Occasionally she would notice a shirt or a hoodie that was her own and threw them onto the bed wanting them back.

 

"Eunbi said you had a presentation today." Mina continued, as she finally decided on a cute dress shirt for Nayeon. Satisfied with her choice, she hummed and turned to look at Nayeon.

 

Nayeon grinned and stared at Mina, showing her cute set of bunny teeth.

 

"What?" The girl teasingly snapped at Nayeon with a growl. Mina was burnt, tired and fatigued. But somehow, seeing the older girl made her less tired. She took it back, she'd rather be here than anywhere else.

 

Nayeon kicked the blanket off her and sat on the edge of the bed next to Mina, who was busily laying out her outfit. "Don't I get a good morning kiss?" She teased. The older girl pointed a finger to her lips and gave a satisfied laugh as she saw Mina glare at her out of the corner of her eye with flushed cheeks.  "No, your breath stinks,” Mina responded camly, causing Nayeon to pout.

 

“For a twenty-two-year-old, you sure act like a high schooler.” The younger girl continued, as she got up to the door to leave the room.

 

“Maybe after you wash up and brush your teeth.” Before she was fully excited though, she turned and giggled at a confused Nayeon the palm of her hand and attempting to smell her own breath.

 

Nayeon watched the girl exit and head to the kitchen. She sulked but complied nonetheless as she headed to her bathroom. Once Nayeon had eaten and was ready, they headed out for Nayeon's first class.

 

Mina and Nayeon had been dating for two years. They had met at Mina's freshman orientation, which Nayeon decided to crash to look for 'cute new meat'. Needless to say, she got wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter