Chapter 5

My Secret

(Yeri's POV)-

(goes online to find herself a fake boyfriend, she then comes across actors near her area that she could hire and begins giving them a call)

It took several phone calls for her to finally find someone who would buy into her lies

(Guy 30)- Hi are you currently hiring anyone for a show?

(Yeri)-Yeah and actually my friend is in charge of the hiring process as she is the producer for a new upcoming tv series, which we can't announce any details on. Are you currently trying to find an audition?

(Guy 30)- Yes actually, when could I possibly do that?

(Yeri)-We are currently having auditions starting Friday night at a carnival since we are trying to have actors within like an impromptu scenario where they are with their significant other just so we are able to get the feel of your acting skills.

(Guy 30)-Ohh I see, is there a place within the carnival you will be holding the audition?

(Yeri)-No you see actually the audition process will be more of you joining my friend and her boyfriend and you playing my significant other since we're thinking about casting a role for a character, who's going on a double date with their friend's date at a nearby carnival in town and basically you pretending to be my date would be your audition process. Although it may seem fairly casual for an audition than what you may be used to, my friend who's the producer will be keeping an eye out so be mindful of that and stay focused on your role only.

(Guy 30)-I see well in that case I'll give it a shot then, would you mind sending me the time and location?

(Yeri)-Yeah of course, we'll be looking forward to seeing you on Friday then, ohh before I forget what was your name?

(Guy 30)- Jung Jaehyun

(Yeri)-Alright thank you and see you soon Jaehyun-ssi

End of phone call

(Yeri's thoughts)-"yess finally I have a date! thank you lord for not letting me die alone of embarassment!" she thought while jumping on her bed fangirling over Jaehyun's headshots he had just emailed her


(Day of the carnival)-

(During the car ride)

(You to Taehyung)- Hey oppa how come you never told me Yeri had a bf?

(Taehyung)-Because she never told me I just found out a couple days ago as well at our family dinner when she couldn't stop staring down at her phone like a crazy person

(You)-Hey don't call her that, only I can her crazy, and so did you end up finding out who he is?

(Taehyung)-Nope I just know that the two of them have already arrived and so we'll both see him there

At the carnival...

You and Taehyung find your way to Yeri after seeing her by the popcorn stand with her date

You then carefully approach her standing in front of Taehyung so that you could explain to her before revealing who you're date was 

(Yeri)-Hey this is my date Jaehyun, where's your date?

(Jaehyun)-Hi nice to meet you (he says offering a hand but you obviously refuse kindly knowing what would happen)

However interestingly enough Taehyung had the same reaction as you is it a coincidence?

(You)-Listen before I introduce you two could I just let you know that I never meant to hurt you

(Yeri)-yeah of course (she said giving you a strange look)

You then moved away to reveal Taehyung who was standing behind you

(Yeri)-Oppa?!

(Taehyung)-I know this is strange and I'm sorry for not telling you

(You)-Please don't be mad at him, it was my idea to keep it a secret

(Yeri)-(starts laughing)-guys calm down I'm not mad very shocked but not upset 

the two of you then shared a hug and Yeri whispered in her brothers ear "you better not break her heart" and he nodded 

Taehyung and Jaehyun then left to get the two of you some snacks while you and Yeri were catching up by the benches

(You)-So how did you and Jaehyun meet?

(Yeri)-It's a funny story actually so you see I put an ad out on a website and called several actors and he happens to be one of them, and he thinks this whole date concept is his audition process and that you're a producer.

(You)-Kim Yerim how could you scam someone?

(Yeri)-I know I know this is wrong but this was the only way I could get myself a date, could you please just play along for tonight? and I promise to tell him the truth after today.

(You)-Alright fine 

While the four of you were inside the ferris wheel cart your conversation revolving around being a producer started 

(Jaehyun)-So y/n-ssi how long have you been a producer for?

(Yeri then started sweating like crazy knowing that if you couldn't respond her lies would have to be told)

(Taehyung on the other was giving you confused looks as you never told him about this)

(Meanwhile you were in a crisis as you had no idea how to respond and so this is what came out of your mouth)

(You)-Uhm I would have to say that it's been since around the beginning of college right Yeri-ah?

(Yeri)-Yeah that seems about right (she says laughing awkwardly)

(Taehyung)-Wait you were a producer how come you never told me?

(You)-Ohh it's because I don't do it as much anymore so I kind of haven't spoken about it in a while actually

(Jaehyun)-I heard about your upcoming tv series could I have a brief understanding about the show so that I could better prepare for my character?

(you then shooted glares at Yeri for putting you in this mess but she just mouthed "thank you so much you're a great friend and I love you")

(You)-It's about a girl who can't ever fall in love properly because she can't as she's never experienced true love, this is because the moment she touches someone she automatically becomes their soulmate as she essentially casts a spell on them and the only way to break that spell is to break up with them. Your role comes in as your character is the one that is responsible for breaking that spell as you are the first guy that doesn't fall for the girl right away and the two of you fall in love is the gist of our show.

(Jaehyun)-Oh wow what an interesting plot 

(Taehyung)-You're producing a show? why are you hiding this from everyone?

(You)-Oh you know I'm not one to brag


The night went on and while playing one of the games you failed to win a baby elephant doll and so this is what Taehyung did for you instead

(Taehyung)-You know I have an elephant on me actually?

(You)-On you? where exactly?

(he then lifts up the sleeve of his shirt and shows you the "elephant" on his arm comment below if you know what I'm talking about)

(You)-Wow you're such a dork oppa

After seeing this Jaehyun had suddenly remembered something and pulled Yeri to the side 

(Yeri)-Is something wrong? (she asked hoping he hasn't figured out about her fake audition)

(Jaehyun)-No actually it's that I think that your brother might've been the one that dated my sister a couple months ago

(Yeri)-Wait what? do you know that for sure?

(Jaehyun)-I did just now after seeing the whole elephant thing he just did for y/n-ssi, but what was weird about their relationship was that she said he broke her heart during a cousin's birthday party last year out of the blue.

(Yeri)-I see

(Jaehyun)-I'm telling you this because I don't want the same thing to happen to your friend, and so that I don't get a bad reputation with the director and all

(Yeri)-Oh no this has nothing to do with you getting a bad reputation since I think she's going to pick you

(Jaehyun)-Really? that's great! (he says smiling while holding her hands due to his excitement which she found cute if she was being completely honest)

(Yeri)-and don't worry about my brother I'll make sure he doesn't break my best friend's heart, or actually as part of your role why don't you help me get to the bottom of this to find out that he was your sister's bf for sure.

(Jaehyun)-Alright I'm in, what are we going to be doing exactly?

(Yeri)-Just follow my lead

Yeri and Jaehyun then approached Taehyung and you to ask a couple of questions

(Yeri)-Hey guys so Jaehyun and I were planning on preparing a birthday part with my friends and were wondering if you guys had any ideas like idk maybe animal themed you know like elephants or something 

(Jaehyung)-Yeah totally and we could get balloon animals and everything 

(You)-Animal themed? are your friends the age of 5?

(Yeri)-Oppa you wouldn't mind doing the elephant bit for us right?

(Taehyung)-Yeah I mean I did it actually for a birthday a while ago actually now that you mention it for my ex-girlfriends cousin

(Yeri and Jaehyun then exchanged looks and nodded to confirm before sealing the deal about the breakup)

(Jaehyun)-Yeri actually informed me that, that party didn't exactly end well with you and your ex-girlfriend and why was that?

(Taehyung)-Uhm well let's just say that things got a little weird and she actually asked me to move in with her just before the party and I thought it was too soon but she disagreed and we got into a huge fight before ending things afterwards. I feel terrible about breaking her heart and keep thinking I did the wrong thing.

(You)-No it's fine I mean I totally get that you weren't ready and she pushed into doing something that was uncomfortable for you


(At the end of the night)-

You parted ways with Yeri and Jaehyun and gave her the look to tell him the truth right away before leaving them

(Jaehyun)-So do you think I got the part?

(Yeri)-Yeah definitely (she says unable to tell him the truth)

(Jaehyun)-You know he seemed a lot nicer than how my sister described him as 

(Yeri)-Yeah he is don't worry, well it was nice meeting you

(Jaehyun)-Same for me as well, I actually wanted to give you something before I go (he says handing her his business card)

(Yeri)-Goodnight then Jaehyun-ssi maybe we'll meet again

and with that another love story was beginning to unfold....or not but we'll see

To be continued


Here it is, it took forever for me to complete this chapter so I hope you'll enjoy!- vixxlover123~