Chapter 1

My Secret

Y/N-

My life's always been complicated and rather independent except for this one friend I have "Yeri"

As I've never been able to leave my house without feeling uncomfortable, because the simplest touch from another individual will turn their life around in a matter of seconds as they believe I'm their soulmate. Crazy right?

And so because of this power of mine, I barely like to be out in public or outside in general because I'm scared of going through another relationship and ending up feeling guilty as I eventually have to break their hearts.

Let me break down what a typical day in my life is like:

-I get out of bed after binge watching tv shows all night, and end up regretting it since I end up being tired all day which is why I'm always in my bed 24/7

-Don't get me wrong I still have a job at a well known company but I had the choice to work from home after handing in an health issue form and luckily the president didn't make me quit my job. 

-I usually only hang out with one of my closest girlfriends who is not allowed to hug me or even share a simple handshake with me, as she knowns about my allergies to skin 

-I cook my own food and have groceries shipped to my house since that's fortunately an option nowadays

-Lastly, I usually end my night by emailing in my reports to my manager for the week and like to go to the gym around 2am since that's when no one else is there in my apartment complex (yes I have schedule planned so I have little to no human interaction)


However sometimes some issues tend to come up that give me no choice but to leave my apartment and enter the real world 

For instance, there was one time when my printer decided that it didn't want to print that day and so I had to go buy new ink at the store.

And on this day this guy and I had happened to drop our phones at the same time, as you can guess what happened next we ended up touching hands while reaching over to grab our phones.

In that moment I starting counting down from 5 and in just those 5 seconds he looks at me trying to hide his nervousness through smiling widely

Having gone through this awkward situation multiple times I decided make it easier for him and went ahead and took his phone and put in my number, and he then took my phone to insert his number in.

(You)-I'm Y/N btw, nice to meet you

(Chen)-Hi I'm Chen (he says as the two of you shake each other's hand)

(Chen)-I have to go but I'll give you a call when I can (he says smiling before leaving you)

I know what you're thinking "wasn't there at least one person that you wanted to become your soulmate?"

And unfortunately the answer is no at the moment, as I have no expectations anymore when it comes to dating anyone since I know what's exactly going to happen next. My heart doesn't even forget to beat fast and remains steady no matter how hard I try to tell myself that maybe this person might actually be the one.


A couple days later

You stated to receive a text message from Chen:

Chen: Hey Y/N I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee with me sometime this week

Y/N: Sure that sounds great, send me the location and time you'd be comfortable with :)

I know I'm only give this person false hope, but if there's something I always do with everyone I've dated is that I want to give them a moment to remember and be happy about before I end up tearing their heart apart. Idk how to get rid of this spell that I keep passing on to people who I barely know, trust me I hate myself more than these people probably hate me.

Anyways so you and Chen obviously end up hitting it off for 5 months now and you knew that today was the day to break up with him, because if this continues on you would only hurt him more.

And trust me this break up didn't exactly go so well...

(You and Chen were by the swings at a nearby park from where the two of you lived, and as he was discussing future plans which was always a red flag for you to break up with this person.)

(Chen)-You know Y/N-ah I've been talking a lot about you to my parents and they're so excited to see you

(Y/N)-Chen don't you think this is too soon for us? I get that you and your parents are excited but why didn't you tell me about it beforehand (you said getting up from the swing)

Chen then grabs your wrist and pulls you into a backhug which only made it harder for you to break the news to him.

(Chen)-I'm sorry please forgive me, I'll promise to tell you about everything beforehand next time

(Y/N)-That's what they all say, how about we just end it here

(Chen)-What why?

(Y/N)-Because I don't love you as much as you love me, I've been hurting you for these 5 months and can't do this anymore so plz just let me leave you

(Chen)-Are you saying these past 5 months meant nothing to you?!

(Y/N)-I know you're angry and trust me I deserve it, don't think this is something that's easy for me to say

(Chen)-(throws his couple bracelet onto the ground and walks away from you as he bumps you on the shoulder purposefully causing you to fall to the floor)

You then started crying on the floor as you began to wonder:

When will I ever experience true love without having to break anymore hearts?

To Be Continued


A/N: Let me know your thoughts so far in the comments! See you all in 2019~