The Reason Behind (NaTzu)

Tzuyu's Love-shots

~Nayeon have been weird lately and Tzuyu is dying to know why~

"Momo-yah, let's go out?" Nayeon plopped in between the two foreign girls. She poked Momo on the side trying to make her agree. On the other hand, Tzuyu clutched the blanket harder, any minute it feels like its going to rip due to her tight grip. 

Thoughts kept running onto her mind like how can your OWN girlfriend ask someone out when you're just inches away from them. How can Nayeon do this to her? She felt a pang on her chest upon knowing that Nayeon can freely discard her like this. She immediately stood up and soon a slam on her door reverberated to the whole dorm. 

Jihyo who was cooking even poked her head out the kitchen door trying to figure out what had just happened, "What was that?" she asked. Curiousity masked her face. 

"Nothing, hehe." Momo answered as she felt like Nayeon isn't in the mood to talk right now.

"Hey, just what are you doing now? How can you do that to Tzuyu?" Momo asked sternly to the latter who is just bowing her head. She can sense Nayeon's frustration this time and honestly it's the first time that Nayeon looks so fidgety, anxious and frustrated at the same time after their debut date. 

After some moments of just a pure silence, Nayeon looked at her and swear Momo could never be worried to her best friend as soon as she took noticed of the tears pooling on her eyes. She have felt the need to question the poor girl until she confess what was wrong and what was really happening but then she just found herself giving Nayeon a tight hug, comforting her with her soft touches. The latter continously sobbed on her arms. She just wished that her warmth could somehow comfort Nayeon. After a while, the sobbing girl broke the hug and Momo looked at her worriedly. 

After wiping Nayeon's tears, Momo stood up and pulled Nayeon "Let's go out then" she offered as she dragged her towards the door. With just a bye from them to Jihyo, they soon dashed out the door. 


~~~~~~~~~~~


"So, what is it?" Momo finally questioned her. As soon as she pulled it out, she can feel that Nayeon grew anxious immediately. So, she reached her hands out putting it on top of Nayeon's, trying to reassure the girl. 

"I'll understand if you wouldn't want to share it yet. But whatever it is, please fix it immediately. I don't want the two of you to get hurt in the end Nayeon-ah" 

Momo really cheered for the two after they announced to the whole group that they are together. It is not just because Nayeon is her bestfriend or Tzuyu is her favorite dongsaeng but because ever since then she can feel that the two will be going to be their happiest selves when they are together. Their attraction and admiration towards each other cannot be hidden even if they have tried to conceal it back then. She was well aware of that, that is why she was truly worried for the two as their relationship have gone haywire these past few days.

Nayeon tightened her grip to the latter's hand and Momo smiled warmly at her as a sign of consoling her that whatever it is she can share it to her.

Nayeon inhaled deeply, "I don't want us to end up like this either but..." she started. 

Momo just look at her attentively as she wait for Nayeon to gain her courage and to compose herself. 

"But I am t-tired, Momo-yah" Soon tears continously run down her cheeks. Just uttering the word tired have made her really guilty to Tzuyu. Nayeon should not have felt like this. Not when it isn't even a year since they started dating each other. 

Nayeon soon wipe her tears, she then look at Momo and she felt like breaking down again as soon as she took noticed that the girl was so worried at her. As the eldest of Twice she must be the role model, she should have been strong and she shouldn't disturb her younger members like this but she truly want to let everything out and she felt like no one could ever understand her better than the person in front of her right now. 

 "You know I am really an affectionate person right? And... and obviously Tzuyu is the complete opposite of me." Momo nodded as an understanding. 

"I don't know what happened to me that one day, it just occured that I am tired already." 

"I am tired that I can't get the affection that I want from her." 

"I am tired to feel like it is just me who's enjoying the time I have for her." 

"I am tired to feel like it is just me who's trying to make our relationship work."

"I am tired that after everything, after having me being labelled as her girlfriend she still can't just open herself wholeheartedly to me." 

"I am so tired to feel like my love is much greater that what she felt for me." 

Every sentence she uttered she felt like her heart is slowly being torn into pieces. She really does not want to feel like this but she's been so emotionally unstable these past few days that everything seems to matter to her and that she can't help but to overthink even the small things. Momo just calmly sat there as Nayeon rambled everything. 

"Nayeon-ah..." she called softly which made Nayeon looked up to her.

"Do you really love Tzuyu?" The latter was taken a back by the sudden question. She isn't expecting these words to be thrown at her. But this is the one thing that she's sure of despite everything.

"I do. I really do. I am not going to be as frustrated as what I am now if I don't love her very much."

"For me, you shouldn't be like this if you love her that much."

Nayeon confusedly looked at Momo "What?" 

"For a starter, I may not make sense that much since I am pabo Momo, remember? But this was purely from my point of view." Momo trailed off because she is sure that Nayeon may felt really bad afterwards. Probably even worse than what she felt moments ago. 

"If you really love a person, whatever and whoever she is you can appreciate everything about her." 

"If you truly love her, every affection you can get from her would be enough. Even if it's too little."

"If you truly love her, you can feel the need to fulfill whatever it takes to make your relationship work. Even if she lacks in fulfilling her own part, you will be contented." 

"Everything takes time Nayeon-ah and as her girlfriend you need to patiently wait for her. You should know this more than anyone that Tzuyu is such a secretive person and all she needs is someone who would understand and wait for her to be free from everything that kept her from being her true self." 

"Lastly, love should not be measured by the things you do to the other person. Love will never make you count those things because solely loving her will be enough even if you can't receive the same from her." she finished. 

Momo reached out Nayeon's hands again because she feel like on this time her words is the one who inflicted pain to the latter.  On the other hand, Nayeon have never felt this remorseful in her whole life than what she felt right now. Every words that Momo uttered have been slowly being carved to her whole being. And as much as she hate to admit it, Momo was right in every way. She can't help but to feel bad to her girlfriend.

"It's just for me unnie. It may not all be true."

"No, you are right. My mind was just too  clouded lately. But I really do love Tzuyu, Momo-yah. Maybe I am just feeling a little bit insecure since I've expected so much with my first relationship."

Nayeon sighed for the nth time that night. She'll really say a hundred of sorry's to Tzuyu for she knows that she have hurt the younger girl so much. She can't imagine how much pain she have caused to her girlfriend because of her attention seeker self. She should not have compared her own relationship to the cliche romantic movie scenes. She shouldn't have let herself drowned to the fantasies she wants to experience during her dating life. She should not have expected Tzuyu to act like thlse prince charmings trying to sweep off their princesses off the ground. Tzuyu is different. She is different. Their relationship is different. After realizing everything Nayeon can not help but to smack herself mentally. There is no one to be blame except herself. 

"It's still not too late, Nayeon-ah. Talk things out with her as soon as possible and I am pretty sure that Tzuyu will understand you." 
She flashed Nayeon a toothy grin and she's happy that Nayeon smiled back, genuinely this time. 

 


~~~~~~~~~ 

" It hurts to know that the one person whom I think would accept me for who I am, did not in the end." 

Those words kept ringing on Nayeon's mind these past few days. Eve since she have talked things out withTzuyu three days ago the younger girl have been avoiding her. 

It pained her to death knowing that Tzuyu cannot even withstand being in one room with her for a long time.

"Tzuyu-ah, where are you going?" Jihyo asked.

All other six members have diverted their eyes to the door. Nayeon on the other hand continued to busy herself witg her phone but her whole being is focused on the girl who was already outside after saying that she will just go to the comfort room. She sighed in defeat again,well she can't blame Tzuyu though. She have every right to be mad at her. For now, there is nothing she can do aside from waiting for Tzuyu to forgive her. Nayeon knew more than anyone that when the younger girl is mad, it would need a lot more cooling time for her to think things through. 

It hurts her to know that Tzuyu doesn't care for her anymore. 

"Ouch~ Jihyo-yah! Don't press too much!" Nayeon winced to the pain she felt on her left ankle. Unfortunately, she tripped while practicing their new song. So, their leader is currently putting ointment to ease the swelling. She knew that she must have upset the latter for the stubborness she have showed a while ago. That must be why she's pressing a little too hard on her injury. 

"Who told you to keep on practicing? Is it me? We clearly told you to just sit down but you didn't even listen. It does not matter if you're the oldest yo---" Jihyo's rambling was cut off as Nayeon sushed her.

"Okay, I undestand. Aish! You're making it worse" she reasoned out while pouting. 

"Wow, aren't you amazing. I was just caring. Hey, Chou Tzuyu! Scold this girlfriend of yours!" Nayeon immediately stiffened as soon as she heard the familiar name. Ever since they have done with their practice Tzuyu was nowhere to be found. And here she is boring holes to Nayeon as she stared coldly at her. Nayeon sweared she doesn't feel more scared to what the younger girl would say except now. She knew-they all knew Tzuyu could be as savage as killing someone with her words if she's angry.

"Why would I?..." The other members who was present on the living room immediately give their youngest memeber a surprised look. 

"Tzu---" their leader was cut off again for the second time.

"Why would I? Aren't she the one who put herself on that position?" she spat coldly. 

"You have clearly done your part awhile ago by telling her not to overdo it. What did she do? She didn't listen right? Sometimes someone must also experience pain for her to learn something." 

Stillness could be felt in the air as all of them have their eyes widened at the sudden outburst of the person who's currently on her room doing who knows what when in fact she have hurt someone too much. 

"U-unnie..." Dahyun called out to the now frozen girl. 

"Hahaha i-it's fine. She's probably just tired haha that's it. Tzuyu's just tired." Nayeon tried to laugh it off but everyone knew that she's just faking it. The clear evidence was that the tears rolling down her cheeks as she blurted out that lie. 

Just what on earth was happening to these two? All the memebrs thought except the involved people and a one person who's maybe the reason for this all. Maybe. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure that I should do it?"

"Just trust me on this one."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's another day for the whole group. Same busy schedule. Same routine. But the feels around the dorm clearly doesn't speak about similarity. Even Chaeyoung who isn't present that evening due to doodling can feel the suffocating air. 

"Nayeon and Tzuyu come closer~" the photographer instructed. The two soon obliged although they can feel the awkward stares and touches they emit due to the sudden close proximity. Is the fate still cursing her? Nayeon thought as she placed her right hand on Tzuyu's waist. The receiving person abruptly frozed on her spot when she felt the familiar warmth. She smiled stiffly on the camera and she is sure that it can be clearly seen on her expression when the photos come out. 

"Tzuyu, let loose! You look so stiff here." the photographer yelled again. 

"Y-yes sir. I am sorry." the younger bowed. 

Jihyo can't helped but to sigh again. "Excuse me sir, can we take a break for a while?" she politely asked. She can't stand it anymore. She must knock some sense to the two. 

"Okay, let's continue this after an hour! You know what? Some of you are not on their right minds now. So, better sort everything within this break." The director yelled as she gestured for the staff to take care of the girls. 

"Im Nayeon and Chou Tzuyu, follow me." their leader sternly said as she headed to the dressing room. 

After making sure that the door was locked, Jihyo then gestured for the two to sit on the couch. 

"What was that?" she then questioned. The two girls just nervously looked around the room trying to avoid their leader's laser eyes. 

"Okay, I am not in the position to pry on your relationship but please as your leader, you need to sort everything out. Don't let your conflict affect your performance. At least be professional with each other." Her outburst still earned a silence from the two.

"Aren't you two gonna talk?!" Jihyo frustratingly exclaimed. She can't believe how these two could be so stubborn.

"I'm sorry, It's my fault." 

"Sorry, I'm the problem."

Nayeon and Tzuyu said at the same time. A fluttering feeling shot through their veins as the two unintentionally looked at each other's eyes after saying their apologies. It's their first after their quarrel. No wonder. 

"Oh, you're both sorry? If you're sorry enough then settle everything right now. Don't you ever go out on that door without your hands entertwined or you'll surely get it from me. Understand?" Jihyo intimidatedly said but she knew she failed on that as she saw the lopsided grins of the two. 

"Yah! Answer me!" 

"Okay." Nayeon and Tzuyu nonchalantly agreed.

"She doesn't even look scary." Nayeon mumbled under her breath which earned a little chuckle from Tzuyu. It somehow ease the tension though so she'll probably thank Jihyo later for pulling that kind of act. 

"So..."               "Tzu---"

"You first."       "You can start it."
 
They both awkwardly smiled at each other after uttering those words at the same time. This really proves that they are really perfect for each other. Perfect on making a fool of themselves. 

"So..." Nayeon tested the waters. And upon seeing Tzuyu's awaiting and curious eyes she decided to open up first. 

"You know what's the best thing that has ever happened to me, Tzuyu-ah?" The younger girl does not know where would this coversation take the two of them. But she was kind of not expecting it to be like this. How can Mayeon asked this out a of all the questions? And what the hell is it's connection to their current situation?

"You've mentioned it before. The day when you were scouted by JYP Entertainment. But what---?"

"I lied. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me Tzuyu." Nayeon warmly smiled at her and it was slowly breaking her own facade that she have tried really hard to build these past few days for she have promised someone. 

"Why are you telling me this now?" 

Nayeon just shrugged and continued, "What was the happiest moment of my life?" 

"Honestly, what's with these quest---"

She is slowly getting irritated by how the older girl could cut her off like this for the second time. But it soon vanished as she heard Nayeon's statement. "It's when the time you said you like me too." 

*

"I like you too, Nayeon-unnie" 

"Aish! can't you drop the unnie part. How can you say that to the girl you just confessed your love. C'mon say it again."

"I like you too, Nay..."

"Nayeon-ah." Tzuyu finished. 

"Good. Now hold my hand." Tzuyu have never been so fast to obliged to the oldest request than on that moment. 

*

A smile crept on the latter's face as she remembered their crazy confession back then. 

"I can say that we were so happy back then...but not anymore now. And I am so sorry for that." Tzuyu does not have a good feeling on where this is heading.

"Ever since you said that you liked me too I have promised to myself that I'll make you happy no matter what. But I failed that." Tzuyu shot Nayeon a look for the second time that day and instead of meeting her gaze she found the latter gripping her skirt tightly as streams of tears rolled down her cheeks. As much as she want to hug her right then there's something that's preventing her from doing so. 

"Let's just break up." When the words rolled down Nayeon can feel her whole world crumbling down and it is the same for the younger girl. 

A moment of silence passed by them as they try their very hard to absorb the situation. 

Tzuyu chuckled sarcastically as the words drawned on her.

"I guess I have done the right thing about agreeing to what Momo-unnie planned. You have just proved that you don't love me that much." 

"W-what?" 

"It's funny how I am so confident with you sticking by my side after trying to act like that to hurt you even if it kills me to witness every damn tears that you shed. I even said to her that 'no way my girlfriend-no my ex-girlfriend now could not surpass this challenge." 

"Tzuyu-ah..." 

"Yeah it was all an act. Momo-unnie suggested it to test you to know if you truly love me. I guess I just trusted you too much." 

"W-wait. So, all this time you didn't mean it?" Nayeon asked bewildered by the sudden confession. 

"Yeah but I plan on making it true now." 

"Tzuyu-ah, please..." Nayeon cupped the latter's hand preventing the younger girl to finish her sentence that would probably make her regret of thinking to call everything off.

"But why is that..." 

"I still can't hate you Nayeon-ah?" Tzuyu's tears continued to flow as they look at each other. Nayeon cupping the younger's cheek. All she could think right now was that she's the biggest fool for hurting this innocent and genuine girl. But she can't repeat the same mistake by overthinking like this again.

"Then don't. I realized that I couldn't bear if you'll hate me, love." Nayeon smiled warmly at her. On the other hand, Tzuyu can feel that everything we're starting again and her feelings were resurfacing (it wasn't washed away in the first place) with the single mention of their edearment. As silly as that.  

"Aish, how come I am so soft for you?" Tzuyu muttered and soon after, she found herself nuzzling on Nayeon's neck. 

Nayeon caress Tzuyu's hair affectionately "Aigoo, my baby is acting clingy all of a sudden huh?" 

They remained in that position for some minutes just relishing to the fact that they are now beside each other. They're both living for moments like this.

"I'm sorry..." Nayeon started, still not breaking the hug.

"Shhh. It's not your fault. I can completely understand you. I'll try to be more expressive."

"You don't have to, love. I've realized that I should accept you for who you are that is why I am so guilty for feeling and thinking that way."

"But I want to because having you like this feels so good." Nayeon blushed at that. Ever since then, Tzuyu's subtle flirting seems to make her feel like a mad woman and she found herself being caught with the same emotions years ago. 

"I love you, Tzuyu-ah" She confessed. 

Tzuyu broke the hug and stared lovingly at her girlfriend. 

"I..." She kissed Nayeon's forehead. 

"Love..." Nayeon's nose

"You..." Nayeon's right cheek.

"Too..." Nayeon's left cheek. 

"Baby." and for the last one Tzuyu sealed it with a kiss on the lip. 

They don't know how many seconds or minutes have passed but the two soon found themselves lying on the couch with Tzuyu hovering above Nayeon. They continueto passionately kissed trying to let the other feel how much they have missed each other. Tzuyu nibbled the older's lower lip and unconsciously Nayeon moaned because of that. Surprising herself she gently pushed the latter away. Breathless they looked at each other warmly, love evident on both their eyes. 

"I didn't know you have this kind of side, love." Nayeon teased. 

"Oh is that so? Want me to show you more?" Tzuyu leaned down again as she received Nayeon's shy approval.

Those luscious lip---

"OH MY FV---!!!" Momo couldn't bring herself to finish her shout as she realized that there are people around the area. And she even caught the attention of some due to her sudden outburst. 

"What are you two doing?" She sternly muttered after the two have settled themselves PROPERLY on the couch.

"As if I didn't caught you in the same position with Dahyun for five times already. No need to act surprised Momo-yah" Nayeon smirked at the now blushing girl. 

"Y-yeah I know but it is Tzuyu we're talking about here." 

"So? You didn't know she must have been wilder than you. I could prove that if you did not barged in like that." Nayeon teased again. 

"*cough* I am still here *cough*" 

"Eyyy! Acting innocent huh?" 

"Hey, it was your plan's fault to begin with!" the youngest exclaimed.

"Speaking of that, Momo-yah..." Nayeon trailed off, slowly standing to strangle Momo. 

"Nayeon-unnie..." 

"Come here so I can kill you!!!" With that being said Nayeon immediately rushed to the latter who already ran her around the room to escape from their oldest group member. 

On the other hand, Tzuyu just stared at the two as they playfully smack each other. 

Afterwards...

"What's wrong with the two of you?!" Jihyo asked as she heard noises inside their dressing room. 

"Nayeon molested Tzuyu." Momo abruptly answered to break free from Nayeon's hold.

"NAYEON!!!" 

"MOMO-YAH!!!"

and soon two became three. 

Tzuyu could just sighed.

 

A/N: How was this? It's been a while :) It's Natzu this time and btw please do comment on what do you think about this. Love y'all 😉😘