I Can't Breath (MiTzu)

Tzuyu's Love-shots

DESCRIPTION: Little did Mina know, there is so much more behind those three words that Tzuyu uttered. 

Tzuyu's POV

Flashing cameras, blinding lights and screams of fans filled the hall as we've entered. We all wave to them as we flashed them our bright smiles. I felt truly happy in an event like this. Because during these events we get to mingle with the fans, we get to bond also with each other without minding what would other's feel or think because we are with the confines of our loving fans, and lastly and the main reason why it gives me much energy during fansigns was that we get to know what ONCEs think of us. It really boost my confidence since the fans often give us encouraging words. Saying all those sweet things that made us feel so important and loved. That is why whenever I feel down about myself or my performance I often reminisce the moments made inside these halls and instantly I felt much better.

"ONCE!!! Are you all okay?" Jihyo-unnie shouted as Nayeon and her bickers in front of the smiling fans.

"YEEESSSS!!!" I immediately smiled as I've heard their full of energy response.

Although I often stayed quiet but all these details were all carved in my mind. I am aware of the fact that I can't truly express myself in front if so much people, I even sometimes think that I am not suitable for this kind of career. I mean- idols should be talkative, can freely express herself and good at words right?. Which clearly my character doesn't have one of those so-called qualifications. Am I really worthy to be called an idol?

I then shook the thought away as a fan sat in front of me. She smiled genuinely at me and as a response I too smiled.

"H-hi." I started a conversation as she's busy looking for something on the paperbag she brought.

"Here, for you." She said as she handed me a penguin plushie. I look at her curiously for I think she may have wronged me as Mina-unnie.

"Don't worry. I know that you are Tzuyu and you'll probably think that it's for Minari but it's really for you." The fan explained as she noticed my confused face.

"Ohh okay." I muttered while nodding my head in understanding.

"I actually have a secret." She whispered as she gestured for me to come closer so she could whisper her so-called secret.

As soon as I've heard what she said a blush immediately creep up on my face. She just confessed that she's actually a MiTzu shipper. MiTzu stands for Mina and Tzuyu, so basically they are the fans who idolized the both of us.

She burst out laughing as she saw my reaction. She then showed me a Yoda plushie as she muttered, "I would give this to her." I let out a gasped as I caught a glimpse on what's written at the front of the said plushie. Stitches that displayed, 'Mina's Property' could be seen. With fast hand I then abruptly checked my plushie and with the same design, it wrote, 'Tzuyu's Property'. Feeling that my heart would burst anytime. I make myself busy by signing the album that the said fan bought. I flashed her a sheepish smile as she sat in front of Momo this time. Her teasing smile didn't go unnoticed by me so with embarrassment eating my insides, I smiled at her then look away immediately.

With hazy mind and a loudly beating heart I felt my body tremble as the teenage girl now talked to Mina-unnie. I then caught my breathing as she hand the identical gift to the latter. Due to my nervousness,I soon focused my attention to the male fan in front of me as the two continue to talk about who knows what. I felt bad to the fan though, because I honestly can't talk to him properly as all I could think of was what was the reaction Mina felt as the fans gave the plushie to hers.

Is it the same as me?

Does she felt these fluttering feelings too?

Does her heart beats as fast like mine?

Does her cheeks blush as soon as she saw what's written on it?

These thoghts continue to flood my mind as the fansigning event goes on. But through out the event, those questions were all answered immediately as fast as I have formulated them.

'Probably Not' Why do I say so? By the looks of it, she doesn't seem to mind. She still act normally. She still smile like nothing's bothering her. And lastly, she doesn't even spare me a glance or even initiated a skinship with me. She's busy playing around with the J-trinity.

With things going like these, I couldn't do anything except burn these feelings again and let my mind took over my heart. Forget it. That's it.

__________

I woke up from my slumber as I felt my throat drying up. With soft steps I slowly made my way to the kitchen, afraid that I may woke up any of my roommates.

With still fuzzy head and a half lidded eyes I made myself a milk to somehow ease the grogginess I felt in my throat and to make the possibility high of having a good sleep, which is so much needed for all the schedules tomorrow.

I am busy sipping the milk as a familiar voice spoke behind me which seemed to always make my heart beat fast. It felt like her speaking voice can solely bring myself to greatest heights.

"Can't sleep?" She softly asked as she get herself a glass of water.

"No. Just wake up with a soar throat." I answered as I focused on stirring the milk. The main reason why I can't look at her was because the few buttons of her nighties were undone which may give the audience a good view of her cleavage. Afraid that I may loose my sane anytime, I immediately look away as soon as I took noticed of the torturous scenery.

She doesn't seem to noticed it though. Knowing Mina-unnie I am sure that if she know she'll probably buttoned it at a lightning speed. Among the members, she's the most conservative one for me. That even if she wouldn't say it I know that somehow she felt uncomfortable whenever the snake unnies especially Jungyeon and Momo unnie will something inappropriate.

"Is that so? Just wait there okay."

I just watched her as she made her way to her shared room with Jihyo-unnie.

As soon as she came back the same scenario replayed. Stirring the milk without sparing her a glance.

"Here." Mina-unnie muttered as she handed me a pack of mint tablets. This is what I really like about her. She really is so caring to us.

I muttered a soft thanks as I occasionally sip the milk.

"Why are you still here unnie? I mean don't get me wrong i am just asking if you---" I mentally facepalmed at my own stupidity. Luckily, she cut me off or else I'll continue to ramble useless things.

"Silly, of course it is to accompany you." She said as she flashed me her gummy smile, which doesn't failed to also put a smile on my face. See, she's really this considerate. No wonder there are so many people who are admiring this unnie of mine and I'll admit I'm one of those. I don't know when it started or why do I like her. The only thing that's been clear to me all this time was that there's nothing in her that's not admirable. From her beauty, her kind heart, her personality and even her cute penguin gestures. And I almost forgot I even like her weird obsession for those red liquid, called ketchup. I giggled slightly as the funny thought crossed my mind. Yeah, I am this crazy when it comes to this girl sitting beside me.

As I finished the milk I then leaned towards her. I can even see how her reaction changed as she is the receiving end of this bold action of mine.

"W-what are you d-doing?" She stammered, her beautiful orbs widen.

"There...Goodnight unnie." I softly muttered as I finished buttoning the undone ones.

Before I have a safe distance with her, I even heard her heaved a deep sigh, she probably caught her breathing. I'm glad that she did too. That night, I couldn't sleep any better.

__________

Author's POV

"Wow! That kind of letter again?" Nayeon gawked as she saw what Mina is currently holding. Mina smiled as she finished reading the heartwarming message. The past few fansign events a certain fan is mysteriously giving her letters. It is currently the fifth one that she received coming from the latter. And every time she received those Mina felt so energized not just from the sweet words written on it but also to how the person behind it expresses her/his admiration towards her.

"Look at her, smiling from ear to ear." Jungyeon teased as she let the other members witness her blushing state.

Mina just stayed silent while shyly covering her now redden cheeks. She can't believe she can blushed as hard as this just by receiving a letter from who knows who.

"Aigoo. So cute." Sana cooed as she try to unravel Mina's palms that were covering her face.

The teasing continue until they were called to go on stage.

Unbeknownst to them a certain member can't also hide her smile and blushing cheeks.

__________

"So Bang Chan gave this album to you?" Tzuyu froze on her spot as she heard what the J-line were talking about. She then leaned on the wall as she try to listen to their conversation.

"It's for US." Mina flatly said trying to dismiss the topic. She doesn't know why this thing is so big deal for others. First, Nayeon inquired about it. Then Jihyo, soon Dahyun and Chaeyoung and now her fellow Japanese members. It's not as if Bang Chan isn't one of their friends and also the album is not just for her its for the group, that was the boy cleared up before he walked away from her.

"Eeeyyy!! Don't tell me you didn't notice that he likes you."

"Yeah and him giving you this album proves that." Momo added as she munch a bucket of popcorn.

"Stop it guys. Really its for all of us and not just for me."

"Eeeyy!!! Diverting the topic ehh?"

"Momoring look at her smiling! I think there is really something on that thing huh!" Sana said as she teasingly pushed Mina to the side.

Tzuyu can't bear to hear anything anymore so before her already broken heart break further she abruptly made her way to her room without even knowing what that 'thing' is. Her thought was that it was the album that Bang Chan gave to her. That is why she just sleep her hurt away although she know that even after she wake up tomorrow the pain will still remain.

_______

Mina's POV

I don't know why but these last few days I noticed that Tzuyu's been so aloof to me lately. Whenever I found a time to talk to her she will always flew out of the scene. I couldn't even think of a reason on why she is avoiding me so up until now i still don't have a clue on why shes pulling this kind of act. Tzuyu even almost said all the excuses in this world just to walk away from me, which leave me frustrated all this time.

Based on how I look at things she seems fine with the other girls. She will still laugh at them, talk to them and even bond with them but every time I try to join their teasing she will soon stay quiet and then excuse herself. I may not admit it or not but I know that what she's doing these past few days really hurt my feelings. Who wouldn't right? Yeah, any person will surely felt this way, right? If a person avoid you, of course it will break your heart, right? It will make you insane to the point that every time of the day you'll always think of that person, right? That you'll feel guilty even if you know that you didn't do anything, right? That your mind is aching just thinking about why she's avoiding you, right? It is just normal to have these feeligs, right? Right? Right? AIISSSHHH!!

Speaking of the devil.

I smiled evilly as I've realized that it's wrong for her to stay at the dorm while th others go out to eat something. If she's smart enough in avoiding me she shouldn't have done this. For she knows that I don't usually go out with the others. As soon as she entered the kitchen absentmindedly I then followed her.

"So until when are you planning to avoid me Tzuyu-ah." I asked as  I've crossed my arms in front of me to somehow look intimidating.

She jumped in surprise as I suddenly spoke behind her. With shocked expression she slowly turned around not even looking at me straight in the eyes.

Tzuyu's POV

I felt my heart jumped on my ribcage as the familiar voice echoed through the kitchen.

What is she doing here? I don't even go with them to avoid her.

As I've heard what she said I felt my whole body tremble in fear. I don't want to tell her that I am jealous all this time. I just can't. It will probably ruin everything. Me, her, the members and even the group and I can't risk that.

"M-me avoiding y-you? What are you talking unnie?" I stammered as I continue to divert my eyes on everything except to those orbs who are looking at me intently.

"You're lying."

"I am not."

"Yes, you are." She persisted.

"No, I AM NOT."

"Okay, then look at me straight in the eyes while saying you are not." She uttered as she continue to bore holes on my now nervous face.

She really knows me to well. She knows that I can't look straight into a person's eyes if I'm lying. I somehow mentioned it once to her so I don't have an idea on why she still remembers it.

"I-i..." I started still not looking at her.

I shivered slightly as I felt warm palms holding my cheeks. She slowly lifted my face up for me to look at her. If I'm not on this kind of situation I'll probably jump in joy due to this closeness. But then her serious face tells me now's not the time to feel those fluttering feelings.

"Look at me, Tzuyu-ah."

As soon as our eyes meet I can't help but to bring my hand to my now pounding chest. Anytime I feel like it's going to burst. It's the first time that we became so close as this. The first time were I can clearly see this undying beauty upclose. The first time where I can feel her breathing hitting my face. And the first time where I am not shy to admit to myself that I've really fallen for this down to earth angel in front of me.

"I can't breath unnie."

As soon as the words slipped out of my mouth her face immediately change into a worried one.

"Wh-what?! What's the problem?! W-what should I d-do?!!!" She almost shouted with panic evident in her voice as she still continue to grip my face but now's much gentle as if she's holding a fragile thing.

"Just stay away unnie." I muttered softly.

I immediately regret my words as a pang of hurt flashed on her eyes. She then slowly put her hands on her side, and with cautious steps she backed away from me.

"Tzuyu!! Mina!! We've brought you food!!." The members voice echoed through the whole dorm just before I clear the misunderstanding that took place because of my wrong choice of words. Like nothing happened she nonchalantly exits the kitchen to help the girls carry the groceries. But the fake smiles she flashed to them is enough for me to already know that I really ed up this time.

I just hurt her.

_________

Author's POV

Tzuyu tirelessly punched the passcode of the dorm. She just got back from filming Hello Counselor together with Jungyeon and Sana.

As soon as she entered the dorm, her members squeals could be heard. She found them all gathered in the living room watching a movie.

Wait. Oh .

She inwardly cursed as she realized what they are watching. They are watching the movie whom she get those 'I can't breath' phrase. The movie is entitled, She's Dating The Gangster. It's a Filipino film wherein the male character confessed to the female lead by saying i can't breath which also means for him 'I love you' (A/N: yeah your author is a Filipina ;) ) She just indirectly confessed that time.

Tzuyu panicked as she abruptly made her way to the living room.

"Oh Tzuyu's here. You like this movie right." She can feel Mina's gaze to her but the latter diverted it as Tzuyu look back at her.

"Of course not! I even rated it as one over ten. Just watch another movie." She suggested as she look for a movie to be played instead of the now airing one.

"It's pretty good though." Jungyeon said as she gestured for Tzuyu to do not block the television.

"B-but unnie!! I swear the ending is really bad. The main character died th-then---" Tzuyu's panicked rambling got cut off as she felt a pillow landed in her sweaty face.

"Aish. You're no fun." Jihyo snickered but then they still continue to focus their attention to the movie.

She's currently pacing back and forth in the kitchen as she think of a way to stop the movie. Tzuyu bite her fingernails due to nervousness she's feeling right now. Any minute, her confession would soon be revealed to the latter if she can't be able stop it. Her Mina-unnie is not dumb if ever the scene comes up she is sure that the latter can easily comprehend everything.

. What to do? . .

With much thinking she courageously exits the kitchen to go to the living room. She opt to just pretend to accidentally pull out the plug of the DVD player.

Thats it. I'm so genius right? *wink*

But then she realized that it is not really her lucky day. Loud teenager screams could be heard as the familiar and the most dreaded scene plays.

O_O ->  >_<

She froze on her spot as she look for the pairs of eyes whose owner is the reason for her emotional turmoil. A soon as she spotted it, she immediately run to her room, she even slammed her door trying her best to get away to those pair of orbs who are widening in shock. Tzuyu never felt so embarrassed all her life than now.

Tzuyu's POV

I can't face heeeerrr righttt nooww!! With my face covered with the thick blanket I then continuously scream trying to vent out my frustrations. I didn't mean for her to found out about it like this. I shouldn't have had indirectly confessed to her then I wouldn't be suffering now.

"Tzuyu-ah."

I panicked again as I felt the bed dipped on the side. Total idiot. I forgot to lock the door.

She's here huhu what to dooooo?!!

"I can't face you right now." I hysterically said as I continue to hide my blushing state.

I heard her let out a giggle as she try to get the blanket away from me.

"No unnie, please..." I pleaded, tightening my hold to the only thing who could protect me right now.

"Okay, hide your face all you want. But please do listen to me."

Silence took over us as I wait for her to say what she wants to say.

"I know that you are the one who sent me those letters."

My eyes widen and a gasped escaped my lips as I heard her spoke those words. Even if I really want to face her right now I can't. Her confessing that she knows about it all this time made me more embarrassed. Anyone who would read those letter will surely think that I am head over heels to her which is really true just by my way of writing. It even contains phrases like 'You're the apple of my eye' 'You're smile is already enough to brighten my whole word' so cringy right? But here's the real deal, ' I am willing to swim the seas, climb the mountains and even walk the whole world just to make you smile my princess.'

Yucckksss!! I just can't >.<

"Yeah you're right I am the one who wrote those cringe-worthy letters, but please let us not talk about it!!" I muttered as I kicked my feet in frustration.

"So you are willing to swim the sea---"

"Stop it unnie pleasseeee!!" I pleaded, letting my guard down.

Mina-unnie let out a big laugh as she saw my most embarrassing face.

I abruptly pulled myself up to somehow explain to her that I am not in my self when I wrote those letters. That some spirit took over my body and then wrote them. That I---

"I can't breath too." She said fast and soon a pair of lips met mine. Still not covering from shock I felt the door clicked and the person whom made me like this just stormed out like that.

I...Wh-what had just ha-happened?!

"Heyy!! At least let me return it to you unnie!!" I shouted, following her.

________

"I missed you" I said as I backhugged my now girlfriend. I can feel her smile as I put my chin on her shoulders.

"Silly, we always see each other Tzu." Mina giggled as she continue to fry the eggs.

Our relationship still stay a secret to our members. We actually plan on telling them but then we opt not to because of the three year dating ban made by the company. Even if we broke it already.

These past months we didn't do anything but to steal glances and kisses from time to time. Whether in an empty dressing room, dark backstage, tiled bathrooms and even to the confines of our dorm. But when it comes to the last one we are much more careful to it, living with other seven pairs of eyes were giving us a hard time to initiate a skinship with each other but we still find ways, like now. The members were still sleeping that as soon as I know that it's been my girlfriend who was cooking our breakfast, my arms immediately s around her waist.

"The others might see us, love" she softly muttered as she felt my hand slowly made its way to her stomach.

"They are all sleeping." I whispered while slightly nibbling her earlobe. I then smirked as I noticed that she almost lost her grip on the frying pan. Soon she let out a moan as I continue to right ear, nibbling slightly.

"Could you be more discreet with your relationship? If you are not planning on telling it to us."

We both jumped in surprise as Nayeon-unnie's voice spoke behind us. I then immediately pull my hand out if my girlfriend's loose shirt.

"Yeah." The others also muttered, crossing their arms. They look at us intently as each one of them took a seat. With hasty hands I helped my shy Minari to prepare the food at the dining table.

They knew?!

"No, don't sit there. The both of you will just hold hands under the table." Jihyo sternly said as she gestured the seat beside her, in front of the also grilled girl.

"So..." I started a conversation, as I felt like no one is ready to start it. All of us busy ourselves in eating the food.

"No, don't bother we all knew. Just don't let others caught you."

"And Mina take good care of our not so innocent maknae over here, hmmm?." Dahyun teasingly said as she playfully point at me.

The both of us look at each other mirroring the same expression, smiling genuinely.

The others giggle as my embarrassed face surfaced.

"You know what...we actually realized something." Jungyeon said as she look at us while smirking.

"What?"

"That the quiet ones can be so loud when it comes to naughty things."

I almost choked on my food as a make out session with the girlfriend of mine flashbacks.

"Hey, cover Chaeyoung's ears." Jihyo suggested.

"Yah!! For the information of all of us, Tzuyu's younger than me!!!" She whined as she kicked her feet under the table.

"Your height says otherwise though." I nonchalantly tease as I maintain a blank expression.

The others then laughed loudly as chayeoung let out a loud, 'I hate you!' while glaring at me.

The then uncomfortable atmosphere goes away as we continue to joke around happily. I am so thankful to have a members like them. They are such a blessing. All are so caring, so loving and so understanding, especially now that we have opened to them about our hidden love to each other.

Our love maybe secret for almost all the people who knew us. But someday, with much courage, if Mina and I are really meant for each other...someday, the whole world will know and we hope that the undying love will still remain. And we will never be grateful when that time comes.

From my penguin and I.

 

 

A/N: FINISHED !!! It seems longer than i expected it to be HAHAHA mianhae ^_^ I hope you enjoy reading this one.. Please do leave your thoughts about this oneshot after ;)