Final.

Nothing On My Mind But You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❄ unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ❄

 

 

 

Sehun isn’t really the type of person to get to know his neighbors. He works the night shift at the local bar, which means he spends most of the day sleeping and he doesn’t get up for work until about ten o’clock at night. He’s not even sure he’s seen any of his neighbors before, let alone speak to them.

This being said, he’s somewhat confused and agitated when he hears knocking at his door in the afternoon, interrupting his sleep on his one day off to reveal a young man he’s never seen before in his life.

Sehun stares down at the boy, his brows pulling together and lips pulling into a tight line as he studies his neighbor. He’s shorter than Sehun, with light fluffy brown hair. He’s wearing a grey hoodie that looks like it’s about two sizes too big for him, ending mid thigh, the sleeves hanging at his sides, hiding his hands. It makes him look a lot smaller than he actually is.

“Hi I’m Baekhyun, your neighbor from down the hall and my heater is broken so may I stay with you for a few hours until my heater’s fixed?” the shorter says, looking up at Sehun with hopeful eyes.

The taller is somewhat impressed at how bold and confident the other is. Half of him wants to say no, because this is his only day off the entire month and he’s planning to catch up on his sleep. And he did not want to spend it keeping an eye on a stranger to make sure he wouldn’t try to steal anything from him.

Not that Sehun even has anything worth stealing laying around. His living room is mostly scattered with dirty clothes and empty pizza boxes. He should really clean up around here more often.

The other half of him feels a bit sorry for sending him back to his cold apartment, especially during this weather. “Fine,” he sighs, stepping aside to let the shorter in.

“Thank you!” Baekhyun wanders in, turning his head side to side as he curiously looks around the small apartment. Sehun finds the sight similar to a puppy checking out new surroundings.

Baekhyun eyes the multiple empty pizza boxes on the coffee table. “You sure eat a lot pizza.”

“Oh yeah, sorry. I wasn't exactly expecting company. I haven’t had time to clean up around here because of work.”

“Right, I’ve noticed you always leave for work really late and then come back early in the morning. Are you a male e or something?” the shorter asks. Sehun waits for him to laugh and say “just kidding”- he doesn’t. He wonders if Baekhyun is usually this uninhibited, going around asking strangers odd personal questions.

“Uh no. I’m a bartender.”

The shorter seems a bit disappointed with his answer, as if it isn’t exciting as he expected it to be. “Oh,” Baekhyun says. “How long have you been a bartender for?”

“Ever since I turned twenty one three years ago.”

The shorter plops down on the couch next to Sehun’s pile of coats. “I remember when I tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter