Before it started

7 days of love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon -
Dance, I think its there in every cell of my body. When I see the great dancers dance or their covers I surely get goosebumps, by the time I realize what I am doing I would be dancing already. My room is a dance studio created by me, you should definitely see it, the way I decorated is no less than a dance school. My room has the posters of the good dancing stars poses all over, accessories used by Hip Hop, street, contemporary, traditional and other dancers. My wardrobe also same. So, if you want to ask me if I have won any prizes or certifications in the dance competitions, answer is no. Doesn’t it makes any sense! That’s not over yet. The reason why I did not won any prizes in dancing is not because I am not the best dancer around, it is because no one around knows I can dance. 
Bummer right! True, so I don’t have friends which are that close to me to bring them to my room, so no body knows I can dance. I cannot dance, when I am in public, my body parts doesn’t listen to my brain commands and they act weird that the not even a single simple move goes right. And why it happens like that? That’s the question I have from my childhood and I have no answer for it. Actually, I have one I will tell you later. 
Are you wondering why am I talking about dance now! It is because, I have a Prom tonight! I am getting ready for the big night of my school life. Me being most popular girl in the school, partnered with the most popular guy in the school for the prom night and we are in the race of prom king and queen this year. 
Let me check one more time before I go down to meet my date for tonight, let's just call it date. Dress check, bracelet check, necklace check, hair style check, blush, lipstick, eye makeup all check. Let's go. Wait, before opening the door sandals check. I am picture perfect, just need to wait for the reactions. 
I saw him, while walking down the stairs from my room, sitting in the couch talking with my mom chewing her best cup cakes. He is looking stunning in his dark blue shining shirt, black trousers and long thigh length black coat with a large white swirl design on left side of the coat extending till the belt. I lost several beats of my heart just by seeing this guy sitting and talking. I am definitely not going to waste even a single moment of today. 
I went and stood before them, "Hi Mark!" 
Both mom and Mark turned away from their chatting to see me giving a awe sound in chorus. "My beautiful girl." Mom came to me to hold my face to praise it. I should and so avoided her hands from falling on my recently painted face saving my makeup.
"Hi Beautiful. Now I don’t care if I am going to be king for the night or not, I already won it by being a date of a beautiful queen." he said looking straight into my eyes standing just before me handing me his bouquet of yellow lilies. Wow! He is such a boy friend material.
We took a leave from my parents and started to the Prom night in Mark's car, the gentleman has opened his car door for me, helping me out to sit in the car. 
-0-
When we entered the huge party hall of our school, every one started to stare at us in awe. Its not new for me to see people staring at me, today its more intense as the people were also talking putting me and Mark together in one conversation. We enjoyed the night, talking to our friends, eating the delicious food, drinks and music. Some kids did dance, magic and singing on the stage for more entertainment. Mark was with me all through the event treating me like a real queen. This is the best day ever, I have experienced in the school. Prom night is called so for some reason.
Event came to end and its time for the announcement of the prom king and queen. I am holding Mark's hand very tight in anticipation. 
"And the prom King is… Mark Tuan." Mark gave his most beautiful smile, he squeezed my hands gesturing it will be ok and went up to the stage.
"The prom queen for 2018 is…. Jeongyeon." It’s me, it's me, I jumped and danced to my heart with the news, of course in my heart. Went up to the stage, to take the crown. Mark kept his hand around my waist for the first time posing for the photos. We gave a little thanks speech for all those who voted for us and got down the stage to dance. Being the king and the queen, we are given the privilege to do the first dance. Mark know about my dancing skills, in public to be specific, so he did not force me to do big dance. Even though he is the best dancer of the school, he lowered his dance for the night to small steps to match me and not to embrace me. Such a good care taker, ah! I think I am totally whipped myself in his spell. If now he confesses to me I will definitely say yes, right the moment. I did not say it before to you guys right! He is my crush for last two years. 
Bringing me from my trance, Mark spoke between the loud sounds playing around, "Jeongyeon!" I looked at him as he called my name. "I love you." There you go, he said it. The one that I have been looking forward this night, this is the moment I should say, a lovely yes, so go for it. Okay! I am saying it, 1, 2, 3…….
What happened why I did not say it, I will try again, 1, 2, 3…………………..
I am not able to say it, why, okay I will just wave it with a smile for him, he will understand that I am okay with that. I gave him a big smile, that I filled with all my joy in it and showed it to him. Thankfully, he understood that it’s a green from me and he smiled back. He leaned forward and his head is moving towards my face, he is getting closer, closer and more. He is about to kiss my lips and I pushed him away. I saved myself from being kissed by him. I cannot get kissed by him, no and never. My heart says go for him, but my body is resisting me from doing it. I got embarrassed by myself, said sorry to Mark and ran from that place as fast as I could. 
-0-
I rang the bell of my home being messed up. My brother, Yugyeom, opened the door for me. I could see he got startled by the look I had on my face. 
"You came from the middle of the Prom. What happened there? Did any one misbehave with you? Tell me I will go right now and will teach them a lesson." Yugyeom my most caring brother, he is two years younger than me but he always protected me from every hurdle I came across. He gave the best advices to me, that helped me in excel in anything I do, and be a good guard for me that no one could misbehave with me till now. Then after his so much care, he couldn’t help me from being this mess. 
"No Yugyeom. Prom was great. I became the queen for this year, Mark took care of me so well that he reminded me of you, I felt like a queen being with him. But…" I paused, tears finally flew through my eyes.
"But what?" I could hear some anger in his voice. 
"He confessed to me and I ran away from there without answering him." I will skip the trying to kiss part from my younger brother for now.
"What the heck! Why did you do that?" he shouted in annoyance. That's new, I did not expect my brother to be angry that I ran away from a confession. I just sat on the couch resting my head on the available pillow.
"Don’t tell me its because of him? You cant do this to your self forever. Get some life my sister." he took the seat in the couch chair and started playing his game without caring for me anymore. 
Yes. He is right. This is all because of him, Candy. 
Candy, I met him when I was 6 years old, in my dance class and he was 7 years old. He was my dance partner, he helped me to learn the steps easily. He is a good dancer for his age then. We became friends as we practiced everyday. And that’s all, I only remembered calling the kid as Candy, playing with him in the park every single day, dancing with him and a tattoo on Candy's hand, left or right I dint remember again, with letter A. I don’t even remember his face, obviously now its of no use since he would have changed totally, his real name, his height nothing. At that small age, 8 years precise, Candy got guts to say that he is going to be with his best friend for ever and convince his parents to let him get the tattoo on his hand. Sadly, I had to leave Candy and that place after an year of the tattoo's birth due to family requirements which I never understood, but does it matter now? After leaving Candy, I couldn’t get into contact with him again. 
Me, Aayana, who love dance so much but cannot dance at all. Seeing people dance or me trying to dance, will only bring back the memories of my Candy, who is not mine right now, annoyingly I never could remember nor forget. To make it more clear, I love dance as it is involved with Candy and I cannot dance as it is involved Candy again. I am totally locked up by some person who is not in reach to me right now and that annoys me to the hell. "Count on me" by Bruno Mars, I heard the song playing from Yugyeom's mobile, why is this guy has to be this situational. "I'll never let go, never say good bye…." Oh yeah! Candy, why are you making me like this. I guess I will die alone because of you. 
I gave a fierce look to Yugyeom, he is looking at me with a smirk on his face. I threw the pillow on his face, as like always, that did not make any impact on him. He came to me and hugged me tight. That "All is well" hug by Yugyeom has given me the assurance, but tears flew down with no intention of mine. As I am done crying, I went up to my room to rest for the night. 
-0-
I woke up with the bangs on my door, "Yugyeom! Stop banging my door. Or I will kill you when I came out." I shouted covering my head under my pillow. I am tired right now, my body is aching from long run and head is aching from long cry I had yesterday.
"Jeongyeon, come out looking fine. Or you will regret for life." Yugyeom never could stop annoying me. I told my parents that I don’t like brother, but when did they listen and they brought him home. "Jeongyeon, Mark is waiting for you down stairs. Come out fast." 
I jerked in my bed, that I lost balance and fell down on the floor with a big bang. "There you go. Brush up and come fast." Yugyeom said from out side. What is Mark doing here this early in the morning, I checked the time, its 9AM already. Oh! I planned to meet him and other friends at our daily meeting place at 9:30 and I am late for it. Just rush, I went to get fresh up and to my record I got ready in 15 minutes. Hifive to myself. 
I went down and saw Mark is playing PS with Yugyeom. That’s incredible sight to watch, I wish I could see this everyday, by saying yes to him. As if, my conscience will never let me do it. 
"Hi Mark!" I wished Mark, for no response. Looks like he came home to play with my brother and not to pick me up. I decided to have my breakfast instead of waiting for these kids to stop playing. Good for them, they came up to me by the time I finished my breakfast. 
"Shall we go? Beautiful!" Mark came to me after his game. 
"Oh! So you remembered the purpose of coming here finally?" as I got up from the dining table, Mark hugged me. It got me flattered, I responded back to his hug. After he played little more with my brother, me and Mark left for our meet up with our friends. 
As I walked to the car, he opened door for me before he got to the drivers seat. I'm impressed again, should I ask him out? Will he be okay with that? He confessed to me yesterday, so he should be jumping if I ask him out. Okay, so its time Jeongyeon, lets do it. Ask him out.
"Did you think about what I said yesterday?" he asked out of blue disturbing my precious preparation. Looks like he is reading my mind. I should be careful next time.
"About what?" da what is he talking about? He spoke so many things yesterday.
"I Love you Jeongyeon." Ah! My heart. Relax relax, he just confessed, no need of beating so fast. You already heard that yesterday. "Can I have your answer for that? You were happy when I said that to you, but you ran away when I tried to kiss you. What should I infer from that?" he asked me. Yeah right! I did not answer that yet.
"Yeah! I thought about it. And … " yes, he is my crush for 2 years so obviously its yes. No no no, you don’t love him you cant say yes to him. Ahh my head is paining, "Can I take some more time and tell you the answer?" that’s what I can do for now.
"Sure babes. Please don’t keep me hanging for long time. Or you will have to pay for it." What does he mean by that. Before I could ask him we reached our destination. 
"Okay. Forget about last 24 hours. Be free like how we were day before. No awkwardness okay." He said before he got down. When I was about to open the door, its opening by itself. Mark is opening it for me. 
"I cant forget last 24 hours, I was crowned as queen and I have to brag about it." I told him getting down from car.
"Yeah! More than you winning it, people are making fun of you about the way you ran from the Prom." he mocked me. What! I tried to hit him very hard for mocking me, but he is not an athlete for no reason, he ran away.
Our friends, we had fun, we played, we ate, we quarreled, we sang, we danced actually others I just saw them till its dark, then parted our ways. Mark dropped me at my home. 
"Mark. Sorry for delay. But I will tell you an answer in week's time!" yeah, I have to make a decision soon to safe guard my little heart. 
"Take your time babes. No pressure." he said and left in his car. 
-0-
"Jeongyeon! My sister." Yugyeom jumped on to me the moment I entered the house. "You are the best. Congratulations" 
"Get of me you kid." as he pulled away from me I looked at him seriously. I am tired to sky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter