Game

Ready, Set, Game

1 month later

 

“EXCUSE ME COMING THROUGH!”

 

Junseo is running late to the Exy’s showcase, coming from his training across town. Right behind him is Jaesung, who is just laughing at the situation. It’s supposed to start at 6 pm. It’s only 5:00 pm, but Junseo wanted to see her before the show started.

 

“You should have won that last set, coach wouldn’t have made you run laps if you did win!” Jaesung tries to hold in his laughter as he says this but running to the bus stop like this is just too ridiculous.

 

“Just shut up and keep running…”

 

Junseo and Jaesung got their invitation letters to the national team 2 weeks ago and today was their first practice. Which was also the same day as WJSN’s comeback showcase, which they got tickets for. Which Junseo is madly dashing for right now due to his infamous tardiness.

 

“Do you think Exy will be surprised?” Jaesung shouts out with a smile.

 

“Well Exy knows we are watching, but Minji-nim was nice enough to remember us and give us backstage passes. So, she doesn’t know we are going early” They turn around the corner to the bus stop they were looking for.

 

“At this rate, we’ll be there in 30 minutes. Hopefully just in time” Junseo states.

 

 

 

“30 minutes left girls! Great job, rest up, and we will have one more practice in 15 minutes!” Their choreographer shouts from the bottom of the stage. Today was the big day for the girls. After a quick 4 months, they are promoting another comeback which was something new. Admittingly it was all rushed, but they put in the best effort they could give, and all the songs were beautiful. They even had a concert coming around early March, so much was in store for this year.

 

“LA LA LOVE IS TOP 40 ON MELON GIRLS!” Soobin exclaims as the girls enter the dressing room

 

“Is this a dream?” Dayoung is on the verge of tears, Yeoreum hugs her to calm Dayoung down.

 

Seola, who barely emotes outside the dorm, is speechless “This can’t be real”.

 

Exy is just over the moon about it. This album was something very different from what they usually had, and the first time Dawon composed a song. She couldn’t express what it felt to be this high in the charts, it’s been quite a while since Secret since.

 

After checking the charts, she messages Junseo. Hey, did practice finish? :)

 

Exy and Junseo have been dating for exactly a month. Though of course, it wasn’t as easy as December was full of year-ending events and early January she had to prepare for the comeback. But they always found ways for them to see each other. From late night trips to buy snacks, to early morning jogs, to just talking right on the rooftop their building, to lucky times they had lunch out or even a simple dinner.

 

They’ve held hands a couple of times, but only in private to avoid attention. As of now only her members, her manager, and her family knew about Junseo. Luckily were able to hide their relationship from the media. For now.

 

“You’re smiling again like an idiot.” Bona’s words snap Exy into reality. “Did he text back?”

 

“I hope he really comes, he’s been busy lately with the national team.” Exy’s voice is laced with a bit of worry.

 

“Don’t think too much about it, he said yesterday he will so trust him.” Seola pats Exy’s shoulder to reassure her.

 

Exy is about to text Junseo again till a knock comes from the door. “Exy! Come outside for a while”

 

“It’s Minji’s voice, I wonder what she wants?” Eunseo smirks in an obvious suggestive way, getting an elbow from Luda.

 

Exy’s oblivious to Eunseo’s remark. She wonders what she needs at this time, so close to show time. She opens the door only to be surprised by the sight in front of her.

 

It’s Junseo, holding a bunch of flowers. Jaesung’s behind him holding more flowers, most likely for the rest of the girls. It’s cheesy but it gets to job done as the girls shout in approval.

 

“Hey, did you miss me?” Exy’s heart reached overdrive, and her smile is as wide as can be. She runs into Junseo and gives him the biggest hug she could give.

 

“You guys really did come. How’d you get backstage?” Exy’s still shaking a bit, as she leads Junseo into the dressing room followed by Jaesung.

 

“Minji-nim gave me passes. She also told the girls in advance.” Junseo says, handing the flowers to Exy.

 

“Congrats on today girls, you better kill it out there!” Jaesung exclaims as he hands out the flowers to the other 9 girls.

 

“You bet we will! We hit top 40 on the debut of the song!” Yeonjung says as she high fives Jaesung.

 

“Girls, back out to the stage! Last tech rehearsal then you can rest for good.” Minji shouts. “Exy, I’ll give you 5 minutes with him”

 

“Don’t do anything funny with her Junseoooo” Eunseo winks suggestively at the two, making both blush.

 

Jaesung takes the cue to go out. “I’ll be outside Junseo, see you later Exy!”

 

Now it’s just the two of them in the dressing room. Junseo can tell Exy’s a bit off, she’s thinking of something. “Is something wrong?” He cups her hands in his, and they both enjoy the feeling of warmth from each other’s hands.

 

Exy tenses a bit. “I’m worried about this comeback. I want to do our best and show everything we have as a group. This album is a bit different from the others, and I want our ujungs to be happy.”

 

“I think ujungs will be happy no matter what you put out because they know you do your best for them. Just by listening to the songs they will know how you feel. Trust me, I La La Love this album” Exy couldn’t hold back her laugh. She always feels a bit more relieved after getting to talk to Junseo, he usually knew what to say.

 

She hits him in the shoulder “Ugh that was too corny you dork. But thank you, I needed to hear that”

 

“Hey! That’s my “injured” shoulder!” Junseo grabs Exy by the waist, trying to tickle her.

 

Exy tries to avoid him but she ends up getting tickled, and both just laugh in each other’s arms. They’re suddenly really close to each other, and both stp laughing. Exy’s looking into Junseo’s brown eyes, she’s always found them quite mesmerizing. Junseo’s doing the same, looking into the now blond-haired girl’s eyes.

 

Junseo starts leaning forward, looking towards Exy’s lips. Now they’re inches apart. Exy slowly tightens her grip on Junseo, and she closes the gap. A rush of emotion passes through their lips as they share their first kiss. It’s a light, sweet feeling and the two could swear they could hear each other’s heartbeat. The break it off after a few seconds, ending up in a hug.

 

Junseo’s the first to break the silence “Whatever happens, you’re doing it because it’s a dream come true. And remember, I am always right behind you.”

 

“And don’t push yourself too hard okay? I want to see one of your matches someday. For now, I got a show to perform!” Exy exclaims as she runs out the dorm with Junseo in hand.

 

The two rush outside the room hand in hand. Both futures uncertain, but never set.