Strategising

Ready, Set, Game

It’s been a while since the girls had some free time so they all decided to stay in. Some of the girls wanted to tease help out Exy on her “date” with Junseo tomorrow. Bona, Seola and Soobin were trying to match Exy with clothes that made a good impression on a first “date”. Something eye-catching but simple to wear every day. Eunseo was going through her makeup pouch to also help prepare.

 

“Does this really count as a date?”

 

“You’ve been on a couple of dates in our trainee days, plus he said yes and it’s just you two so the answer is OBVIOUS. Your face kept smiling when you were texting him about dinner tomorrow so I don’t know why you’re worried.” Seola says while trying to put on random articles of clothing on Exy. They’ve almost gone through Exy’s clothes.

 

“That’s because I haven’t been on a date SINCE trainee days. And it was ONE date.”

“Why do you have so many clothes that aren’t date-worthy?” Says Soobin as she throws another pair of pants on an ever growing pile of clothes.

 

“Uh cause WE AREN’T ALLOWED TO DATE YET? Didn’t you also hear I HAVEN’T DATED PROPERLY??? I’m surprised Minji-nim even allowed me to go out with him.” Exy says, trying also not to ruin Eunseo’s newly applied make up.

 

“Look, date or not, you got to give him a better impression. And plus, that smile when you're with him is something else so let’s give him something to smile about even more when he sees you.” Bona’s remark made Exy even more nervous.

 

The other girls were around somewhere else in the dorm. Dayoung was making dinner with Yeoreum’s help, Luda was playing with Banggu, while Yeonjung was helping Dawon compose a future project.

 

Just as Dayoung calls everyone in for dinner Bona, Seola, Soobin, and Eunseo come out of Exy’s room. “We finally did it! Before dinner we want to show you our new and improved leader!” Soobin proclaims and with a chaotic drum roll, Exy joins them in the living room.

 

Everyone just stares at Exy when she enters the room. “Well, will someone say something please?”

 

“Exy unnie, you look fantastic for your lovely date with Junseo oppa!” Dayoung exclaims.

 

Exy’s in a red sweater, over it a black coat for the winter holidays, slim fitting blue jeans, and black flats. Eunseo’s simple make-up work made Exy look radiant, lighting up her aura.

 

Exy feels more confident, giving the rest of the girls a little twirl. Maybe just for tomorrow, she could have fun as a normal person would on a “date”.

 

 

 

A few floors down the girls’ dorm, Junseo is also having the same problem. “Jaesung, I’m telling you I got nothing to wear!”

 

“It doesn’t have to be a complicated get-up, I mean it’s a casual getting-to-know-you dinner. With an idol.” Jaesung’s currently a human hanger with multiple clothes on him.

 

“That’s the point! With an IDOL. More importantly, a DATE. I gotta look good at least.” says Junseo.

 

Jaesung couldn’t help but tease Junseo, he’s never this stressed about training. “Does hyung already have a huge crush on the girl he got mad at?”

 

“Just shut up and give me another pair of pants. I didn’t get mad at her…” Junseo’s ears are starting to turn red. He had a good look at Exy’s performance and talking to her personally made him understand a certain charm she had, even if it was a short while.

 

“Well don’t think too much of it as a date. Just show her a fun time, get to know her more, and just take off from there. Most importantly, be yourself. You’re just meeting her for the first time.” says Jaesung.

 

“Wow, that makes it pretty simple if you put it that way. Thanks, Jaesung”. Junseo finally decides on a simple black collared long sleeved t-shirt, a blue casual coat jacket, and brown pants.

 

After Junseo puts away his clothes for tomorrow, the boys get ready to sleep for.

“You never told me how’d you get into the dressing room with the other girls.” says Junseo as he enters his blankets.

 

“One of them was named Dayoung, and she and another girl named Eunseo grabbed me and I just cooperated from there.” says Jaesung, as he tries to suppress a yawn.

 

“What’s your plan for tomorrow?

 

“Might bring her to the spot.” Junseo says, his heart pounding a bit faster just thinking about it.

 

“Isn’t it too early? Damn you really do like this girl”

 

"Do you think I'm rushing? I mean it's only been a day but it feels so fast and all." 

 

Jaesung yawns a bit more. "I don't think so. I mean feelings are pretty fast things, so it's up to you how you deal with them. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself and have fun!"

 

Junseo relaxes into that. "Thanks Jaesung. Let's get some sleep, it's going to be a big day tomorrow" 

 

As Junseo reaches for the lights, he can't help but wonder what will happen the day after.