Five

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

If Jimin saw this few months ago, before he knows about Jungkook and Yeri's past. He probably won't get too worried when he saw Yeri coming out from Jungkook's room in a hospital like what he's seeing right now. But the situation is no longer easy, He feels bad to thinking like this but he's worried about Jungkook, he dash right away to the room after seeing Yeri out from it. Hates can blind people, and that's the only reason why he's so worried.

 

"Mr. Park."


His step stopped when he heard a familiar voice. It was Lea, walking closer to him with a huge bag still on her heels. He choose to ignore her and open the door slowly. He really is relieved when he found Jungkook is still there, awake. He's sitting on his bed, staring down and looking angry, sad, confused, disappointed.

 

It takes him few more seconds to realized that he's also holding his tears. He's vulnerable right now, Jeon Jungkook.

 

"I'm back, sir." Jimin closed the door again, right away when Lea finally stand in front of him.

 

"Good Job. You can go home now."


He takes a bag from her hand and Lea looks confused to see how worried he is.

 

"I can take turns to watch Mr. Jeon, you looks tired."

 

"No, it's ok. You should go home. Jungkook is sleeping."
 


"I understand."
 


Jimin says goodbye to her after walking her to the entrance, he's staying in the lobby for awhile even after Lea left. He doesn't have a will to go to Jungkook, looks like his friend needs his personal space at times like this.

 



 

 

Yeri feels really embarrassed when Jay and Bona helping her to pack few of her stuffs, she's coming home from the hospital after staying here a night. She can not sleep at all. The thing with Jungkook is just crazy.. they have so much to say to each other, both of them are cruel.

 

"Come on quick, Bona.. we don't want another brick thrown at our heads like yesterday."


Jay is really good at being sarcastic, Yeri's face got red because of embarrassment, well, what she did to him was overboard, but Jay is also not innocent.

 

"A pregnant woman won't do that."


She grab her bag from Jay while also being sarcastic, He close his mouth right away, because he's aware what he said and what he's thinking of her yesterday was also not exactly good either.


 

"Stop Fighting."


Bona is tired and annoyed to see Jay and Yeri bickering like a kid, especially when both of them are an adult and not innocent either.
 


"She's old enough to have , it's just a casual thought."
 


Yeri is so done with this..and she's not saying anything, not until her door was knocked from the outside and Bona is rushing to open it.
 


"Oh.."


Yeri can heard a sigh and a surprise expression from Bona when she finally saw someone on the door.
 


"Is Yeri here?"


That voice, Jeon Jungkook just won't leave her alone.


***

 

Jungkook receive the news about having an emergency surgery this morning, he said yes because he knows it's not good for him to ignore what his doctor said. It'll happens tonight. He never got sick this bad before, and honestly speaking he's afraid to actually die in the process despite people said that the surgery is not really heavy or dangerous.

He thought that it'll be absurd for his life to end at the surgery table. And the reason he's here right now is also because of that fears, death means no more Yeri.

 

"We'll wait for you outside."



Yeri doesn't know what to say when Jay is talking to her and taking her bag while dragging Bona's hand.


 

"You'll be ok, right?"


 

She feels a little bit surprised when Bona seems realized that the situation between her and Jungkook is far from conducive and making sure that she'll be fine with him alone. She nods her head quickly, because she just so surprised with Jungkook who is now walking to her direction while closing the door after Jay and Bona left.


 

"I have no time to deal with you ."



Yeri is watching him as he takes a sit on a sofa Bona used to sleep last night, Jungkook honestly looks bad. He totally looks sick, and not to mention he also has a very pale face, he just looks soulless.

 


"I'm just here to see you because i'm getting a surgery tonight and well.. you're technically my girlfriend, so i'm here for a stunt."


 

Jungkook is saying it while turning on a tv, not even looks worried or serious, Yeri is thinking that he is joking and just messing with her.


 

"That is so childish."



She's ready to leave him, but then he blocked her way. This is ridiculous.


 

"I need to stay here for few more minutes, so they will believe me that i'm coming here to receive supports from my girlfriend."


 

"They? who are they?"


 

"People, my doctors, nurses, Jimin hyung, Lea, everyone.."


 

Yeri is finding everything Jungkook said is hard to believe, she’s already lost her trust for him and she’s really suspicious that he’s just playing a game on her. Using her like she's a kid who knows nothing about real world, taking advantages of her and doing his revenge.


 

"Asking a support from someone who called your sister a murderer is not making any sense. Isn't that right?"


 

And bringing the talk about Sooyoung is actually enough to shut Jungkook's mouth, he's not answering but staring at her with his big doe eyes instead, he hates what he heard.

 

 

It's not making any sense, Jungkook knows it the best. The fact that he's here lying to her about pulling a stunt when in reality, nobody knows that he is here, when the only reason for him to be here is because he want to see her. He want to see the Seokjin's sister, he want to see the woman who insults his sister on daily basis for the past 15 years, the one who ruined his life, his sister's life.
All of this is not making any sense, it's not supposed to happen.

 

"It's not, but well..I'm also here as a messenger.. if you have anything to say to your brother, i could probably relaying it to him on hell when i met him later. Just in case something went wrong and i died."



Jungkook stopped talking when he felt a burn on his face, Yeri is hitting him, slapping him really hard to the point that is enough to act as a wake up call for him that this is the reality. They resent each other so much.

 

"Trash." That's the only word he heard coming from her, before she's storming out and closed the door.


 

Does he meant it, that words? yes he does. It came out because that's what he thought, Seokjin is not a good person so does he.


 

Jungkook use his thumb to wipe a trace of blood on his lips, it's been a long time since he got hit by others.



He's out from the room after cleaning up his wound. Yeri is totally hating him judging from how she’s able to lash some kind of power from her tiny hand to hurt him. She is a danger for him, just like what dr. Yoo said few months ago.

 

"Jungkook-ah!" His thoughts are distracted by Jimin and Lea who suddenly walking to him, looking worried and exhausted.


 

"We were looking for you."


 

"Mr. Jeon, are you ok?"



Lea is quick on catching his wound, she's pointing out with her hands and Jimin is looking at his face too now.


 

"I'm fine.."


 

He left both of them with a heavy step back to his room.


 


 

"Take me to Irene Unnie."



Bona is looking at Jay when Yeri is finally getting inside the van. Her eyes is super red, she's been crying.

 


"Alright."

 

Jay and Bona is kind enough to not bother her with questions or curiosity, even though it's been minutes since she watch the road with tears on her eyes. Yeri is not talking anything or interacting with them, not even playing with her phone or reviewing offers. She's just staring blankly at the road.

 

Jungkook is trash for talking bad about Seokjin but why would he act like he's going to die. He knows how much she hates that words being associated with him. She hates him but not to the point where she wish him to actually gone.

It's just not fair.


 

"We're here."



She lift her face to Bona, while wiping her tears quickly, she fixed her make up and give her a smile.


 

"Unnie.."


 

Yeri is good at faking her emotions, that smile is so fake for Jay and Bona but maybe not for others. She is good.


 

"You guys know that i broke up with Jungkook, right?"



And the thing Yeri is saying right now makes her even more pitiful.


 

"We don't." Jay is the only one who's responding to it.


 

"Now you do."



She gets down from the van, after changing her shoes from a slipper to a huge boot from high end brand.

 

***

 

"Good Morning."



Irene is thrilled to see Yeri entering her office with styled hair, makeup and a huge smile. She looks totally better after last night.


 

"How are you now?"


 

"Fine, i guess."



She watch her take a sit in front of her while taking one can of coffee from a small fridge near the door.


 

"I cleared your schedule till next monday, so..you could rest and do whatever you want."


 

"Thank you. And also..i want to tell you something."
 

 

Irene is feeling nervous hearing that, Yeri is also careful and she knows right away that this is something serious.


 

"What is it?"


 

"I'm no longer has a boyfriend."


 

She talks really quick and there's a long silent coming from her. With only looking at her eyes, it's not hard for Irene to makes a judgement that this is not a good news.


 

"That was fast."


 

"Can you do something about it?"


 

"I can started rumor about it, and when few journalists picking it up, we'll just confirmed the news and put a cliche statement."


 

"Good."


 

"In 6 months."


 

"What?"


 

Irene take a deep breath and get up from her sit to pat Yeri's back.


 

"I'm reducing the damage, this is your first public relationship, we can not afford to deal with your ruined image if we announced your break up only after 3 months of dating, and you need to consider your boyfriend.."


 

"Ex-boyfriend."


 

"He's not a commoner, We can not deal with all the fuss, i rather not to have it when you still have so many promotions and projects ahead. It's for your good."
 

 

Yeri knows what Irene means, it's not like she's an ammateur.. but the thing with Jungkook is a special case. They kept ruining each other and he also keeps trying to fight her and maybe her family. He's a threat, it's only a matter of time before one of them becoming crazy and pushing themselves beyond limit to deal with each other.


 

"I'll really appreciate it if you can work on it faster."


 

"And what are you going to do with your mom?"


 

Right, another thing to deal with. It's obvious that Jungkook is targeting her mother as his revenge, she's not sure how or where.. but it could become a problem later.


 

"I’ll take care of it."


 

"Good. Things won't be looking pretty, if people knows about your family, her being your mom and her being close with Jungkook. Public won't care, but your family, Jungkook and me is running a business. It's important to keep everything separated."


 

"I'll take a note."


 





 

"What are you doing?"



Mrs. Kim gave her husband a smile when he finally wakes up and joining her in the kitchen.
 

 

"My friend is getting a surgery tonight, i'm making him a few of herbal drink for him to get better."


 

"A friend?"


 

She can heard a suspicion and curiosity from her husband so she's covering it up with an awkward laugh.


 

"It's not Yeri, right? or is it?"


 

"I'll let you know if it was her."


 

"Who is it then?"


 

She's not answering anything when she can heard a sounds of a familiar car is entering their huge mansion. It's Yeri's.


 

"What is she doing here?"



Mr. Kim is busy watching Yeri out from her car through the window. Thanks to her knowing things about Jungkook, his relationship with her is not really a mess anymore. She talks to him about how much he resent him and he's willing to listen to her, even though it's not actually what he wanted to heard from Yeri after years being apart.


 

"I don't know."



He watched Mrs. Kim out from the kitchen and opening the front door for Yeri, he looks at them with a huge smile when Yeri is giving her a quick hug. Awkward but still beautiful, Their relationship is really getting better for the past few months.

 

"What a surprise."



Yeri give a small nod to her dad when their eyes met at the kitchen. She still disliking him and even though he's the only one who knows about Jungkook, she still feels uncomfortable to be around him. Not after what happened for the past decade.


 

"What is it?"


 

"Your mother is making something for her sick friend."



Friend? who? Yeri don't recall that her mom has a friend, business partner or woman around her age who used her kindness and money? Yes. But friend?


 

"Who?"


 

"Someone who's getting a surgery tonight."



She answer the question so excitedly and it really makes Yeri sick. Jungkook told her about getting a surgery too this morning.


 

"Is it for him?"


 

Judging from how her mom is smiling and nod her head, Yeri knows that Jungkook been talking to her mother and even told her about his condition. .


 

"Mom, listen. Stop this!"



Yeri turning off the stove in a quick movement, and throw everything to the sink. She's angry.


 

"What are you doing?"

 


This is not the first time for Mr and Mrs Kim to see her daughter get mad without a reason. But she's older now, and this kind of behaviour is unacceptable.


 

"He's a nobody!" She's ignoring her dad question and talks to her mom again.


 

"Yeri..I.."


 

"He's not your friend, not your family, he is not your freakin son !"



She begin to have tears on her eyes because this is just too absurd. Why would Seokjin think if he saw his own parents is worshipping Jungkook, when his sister is one of the reason for his death.


 

"Who are you talking about ?!"



Her dad's scream and confusion stopped Yeri and now she give both of her parents a deep stare.


 

"I'm talking about the kid you threatened 15 years ago.."


 

Mr. Kim is totally in shock hearing all of this, so does her wife. Yeri is covering her face and take a sit in one of the chair while let out a sarcastic laugh.


 

"You guys are seriously the worst parents ever."

 




 

 

“This is a nightmare.”

 

Yeri close her eyes as she’s hearing a complains and phone ringing around her. So many people is having a hard time right now. So does she. This is something beyond her imagination, a complete mess.

 

“His picture is out now.”

 

“Take it down. “ Yeri is talking to one of the staff and put her head down to the table.

 

“You should’ve told me this since the beginning, so i don’t get too surprised..”

 

It’s Irene’s voice, she sounds pissed off more than anything.

 

“Why would i tell you about my brother suicide which happened 15 years ago?”

 

“Well.. but you should tell me that your father threaten people to hide the news about him. You read the articles, old-fat journalists suddenly popped out claiming your father was threaten them 15 years ago.. some even said they got beat up by people he paid because they reported the incident regarding your brother..”

 

Yeri can not exactly say that wasn’t true because it’s basically something that happened, her family and her dad’s company were famous 15 years ago. A big name, successful corporation, ambitious and cold headed CEO.

When Seokjin died, it won’t hard for others to notice even though back then media wasn’t crazy like today, there are people who sold Seokjin’s death story as public consumption. His death was portrayed as something really wrong and abnormal, her household was hectic and her dad was trying so hard to cover it up. She didn’t know how he did it, but at some point everything just stopped.

 

“My father is a jerk. But he won’t beat people up, he’ll bribe them with money. He won’t let his hands got dirty by something like that..”

 

But right now, the weirdest part of all this is why someone manage to find out about this old story, about Seokjin and her family? Yeri never talk to anyone about this, not her friends, Irene, Jay, Bona. No one outside her family and best friends know about her relationship with Mr. and Mrs. Kim. She choose to became an actress after making sure that her past won’t haunted her. And it is worked, none of this thing happened for the past 6 years. Why now?

 

“And if you said he bribed them, then from where these claims started to came out? Is there anyone else who gave them more money?”

 

Yeri lift her face to Irene because she has someone on minds, someone who actually rich, powerful and crazy enough to do this.

 

“Can i have a name? the first person who reported this?”

 

Irene is writing down some information for her, a news outlet and journalist’s name. She takes the paper really quick and put it on her bag.

 

Yeri is not worried about her well being, her image or stuffs like that. It’s not like this is a national scandal, only one news outlet reported it and some people picked it up to recycle the information, she’s not actually the biggest star either. And more importantly, she knows her father can handle this better than Irene and the agency. He’s been a powerful businessman for years, he knows how things worked, he has people works for him, a bunch of loyal one on top of that. She doesn’t want to depend on him, but then she has no choice right now. It’s been quiet for 15 years, even after being a celebrity since 6 years ago, things has been quiet.

 



 

“Oh? Kim Yeri-ssi? Long time no see.”

 

Yeri is bowing her head to one of the front office girl from Jungkook’s company. She can’t remember her name.

 

“Can i see..?”

 

“Mr. Jeon?”

 

“Yes, can i see him?” Yeri give her an awkward smile.

 

“I’ll ask Miss Lea about it.”

 

She’s actually pessimist after hearing Lea’s name being mentioned. It’s possible that she’ll say no about Yeri meeting Jungkook, because of what happened at the hospital  two weeks ago.

 

“I’ll meet her.”

 

Yeri and the front office girl turning their face to one direction at the same time. Jungkook is here. Nothing changed from him except he looks better and healthy. He give Yeri a smile and offering his hands to her. She’s looking around and feels a little bit bummed when she found few people at cafeteria and the girl she talked to earlier are looking at her and Jungkook, waiting for something. She has no choice but to act friendly and trying hard to not making any scene, she takes his hand and he pull her closer to him. His arms is on her waist right now. This is really natural given how they’re insulting each other just recently.


 

“I need to talk.” Yeri stopping her step when Jungkook told her to enter his third floor office.

 

“I have work. We can talk in my office.”

 

“When your employees are watching? I’m distracting them you said.”

 

Jungkook actually know about what Yeri is going to say. After all the work he put to release that news report, it’s just really obvious that she’s angry and will probably make a scene.

 

“Fine, wait for me in my room.”

 

“I don’t do waiting, not for you.”

 

Yeri is always strict with what she wants. He always admired that behaviour of her, the way she’s so sure about what she wants is really admirable, Because that was the trait that Sooyoung doesn’t have and leading her into her death. She was too nice, too kind, too soft.. he hates people like her the most and Yeri is the complete opposite.

 

“Fine, let’s go.”

 

“I’ll take the stairs.”

 

Yeri is out through an emergency door before he can called her or mocking her with that childish behaviour. She’s wearing a high heels and climbing two floors will probably torturing her. He’s worried but decided to let her be.

 

***

 

 

Jungkook is sitting on his desk and waiting for few minutes before the door opened and Yeri is finally here. She gave up on her shoes, she’s not wearing it but holding it on her hands along with her expensive bag.

 

“Do you want a drink?”

 

“No, can we get through this quickly? I’m really sick of talking to you right now.”

 

Yeri takes a few pages of paper from her bag while placed it in front of Jungkook. He takes a few glances on it and lift his face to her again with a smile.

 

“Did you do this?” That’s her question.

 

“Will you believe me if i said no?”



He gets up from his sit and now standing in front of Yeri, close enough for him to notice her shaking hands and lips.



“Why did you do it?”



Her voice is coming out really weak now. She’s scared and disappointed, it’s obvious. The look on her eyes when she feels betrayed is sad.

 

“I told you. I’m still not done.”

 

Yeri is not happy hearing what he said, she’s staring at the floor instead of looking at him. There’s an empty smile showed on her face.

 

“And i told you that i’ll keep fighting back, right?”

 

He feels surprised when Yeri reach his shoulder, put her hands on his collar and fixing his ties, all in quick movement. She give him a smile and back to staring at his eyes while pat his shoulder.

 

“Of course you should, i don’t deal with weak people.”

 

Yeri is flinching when Jungkook use his bare hands to caressing her head and her face slowly. She takes a few steps back from him in reflect but he holds her arms and take her closer to him instead of letting her go. He has her wrapping on his huge arms while focusing his eyes to hers. It’s been awhile since Yeri staying with him this close.

 

“I’m lucky because i never saw your sister... so even if i looked at you like this, i don’t have any thoughts of her. But..it must be different for you, right?”

 

She can feels Jungkook’s arms on her body start to get loose, he let her go slowly and his expression is getting darker.

 

“You met my brother, you know how he looked. You heard him talked.. seeing me like this, don’t you think i look similar with him? You spent times with me knowing i’m someone who has connection with your sister’s death.. you’re keeping me close all the time.
And now i’m not sure if the whole revenge was for me or just a way for you to making fool of yourself?”

 

Yeri finally manage to looks at him again, and she feels like she won this particular game. Jungkook totally looks bothered.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked her the question while walking back to his seat.

 

“Well.. after i knew that you have connection with Jeon Sooyoung, i don’t even want to see your face. I hate you so much that even it’s hard for me to deal with all the resentment i have for you, while.. you.. you.. were hugging me, kissing me, telling me sweet words and care for me… don’t you feel hurt doing that or disgusted maybe?”

 

She won this completely when she realized Jungkook is no longer has a will to argue with her or holding her back. He completely went silent, so she decided to using her shoes back and ready to out from his room.


 

“I didn’t know you’re his sister when i did that.”

 

She stopped when the conversation started again.

 

“Really?”

 

“I didn’t know about you before your dad came to me.”



This is not right. She was asked him about which part of their relationship was real and Jungkook said nothing was real. He told her that he planned to use her since the beginning.

 

“I asked you about what is real from our relationship, and you said nothing. Stop trying to twisting fact for your petty revenge. You are targeting me since the beginning.”

 

“If i told you everything was real, will you still leave me?”

 

Jungkook is being really genuine right now, he can not lie forever when Yeri is right in front of him and his feelings for her is still not change. He still wants her.

 

Yeri is not saying anything or responding to his question, she’s confused but also relieved with what she heard at some point.

 

“I won’t.”



She talks to Jungkook while staring at him, it was clear for her at that time. If he told her that something was real, even just a little bit, she’ll try to work on the situation, but the thing is he didn’t do that.. he choose to ruined her with giving her so much pain instead of being honest.

 

“Even if i came to you with a gun on my hand, threatening you and wishing you to die. If you told me that something was real, we won’t probably having this conversation right now.”

 

Yeri is back to the room while staring at Jungkook who actually surprised with what she said.

 

“ If i told you that i love you, that’s because it’s true, if i told you that i’ll pick you over anyone else in this world, i totally meant it.”

 

She finally stopped her long talk with a blank stare she's giving to Jungkook.

 

Both of them is fell into a silent, no one said anything. What they had for each other before all of this was genuine, they know that much.

 

A look from Jungkook’s big eyes is getting more intense and Yeri knows this conversation will probably led into something bigger. He was hurt.

 

“ It was 15 years of misery..my life was a total mess, and you’re not enough as my reward, time i spent with you, no matter how much i treasure it. It is not enough.”


 

And what he said is totally showing for how much he was hurt. She’s trying really hard to find something from top of her head to defense herself from his judgment.

 

“It’s not enough for me too. But i don’t seek any revenge. I want a clean conclusion, not this. And what you’re doing right now… You used my brother as your weapon.. He doesn’t deserve this.”

 

Jungkook knows it well, that what he did is really not good, it’s a jerk move and trashy behaviour. But every time he’s trying to stop, the times when Yeri’s family came to him offered him money, trying to buy his sister’s life always came up to his memories. He always used that moment as a justification for what he’s doing. Yeri and her parents should pay for what happened to Sooyoung.

 

“You’re not the one who was threatened by people and watching them try to put a price on your sister. Your father gave me 10 millions because he doesn’t want me to talk regarding my sister’s death, or what he did to her, what her relationship with your brother..and the way he pushed my sister to her limit…. She was 19 years old!”

 

Yeri is aware about what her dad doing to Sooyoung, she knew everything, she even hide what she knows about it from Seokjin. She doesn’t need Jungkook to point out all the bad things her dad doing 15 years ago because she’s aware about it and she didn’t do anything to stop it, at all. She feels guilty..even right now, she still feels bad about it. And to hear Jungkook talk about this with so much hatred on his eyes, she honestly feels defeated.

 

“I hate what he did as much as you hated it.”

 

“Did you, really?”

 

She finally have courage to looks at Jungkook again, and something from him is really bothers her. He reminds her to herself, right after Seokjin died when she’s gone crazy. She’s lucky enough because she had dr. Yoo as her only friend and helping her through the hard time, but Jungkook did not have that privilege. He’s still broken. He’s still on the same state after 15 years.

 

“Answer me, did you, really?”

 

He is demanding and completely angry right now. And she hates the way he talks. He caught her red handed, and it makes her feels embarrassed but also annoyed. He is not a saint either.


 

“But what’s the difference between what he did and what you’re doing right now? I already told you, that you’re like a clon of my dad, both of you love played this kind of stupid game for your own benefit. You don’t care about others and always blinded by getting what you want. Selfish, inconsiderate, crazy .”

 

“You don’t know anything.”

 

“My brother wanted to die, it’s true, but do you ever think that your sister’s death is not solely because of my family? Maybe you contributed on that too.”

 

“Get out!”

 


 

“I don’t care if you want a revenge, but don’t you think it’s unfair for my brother? being dragged into this because you don’t have enough courage to deal with a bigger problem. You lost in a fight against my father once and you’re afraid to take another challenge. Coward. ”
 

 

“Can you just...leave..please..?”

 

Yeri is not a good person, people hates her. She’s annoying and she really has this ability to speak the worst word possible. Just like right now, when a part of her feels bad to Jungkook and understand his pain, when that part want to comfort him, hugging him, and loving him, the other part of her.. the bad one, the malicious one, is so much stronger, it was consumed by her painful past and grow bigger every time she needs to deal with this matter.
Even when Jungkook completely loss at words and begging her to leave.. she still want to crush him even more.


 

“If you’re seeking for a war. I’ll give it to you, Mr. Jeon.”


 

And she left. Yeri is walking away from his door after crushing him really bad.
 

 

***

 


 

“Kim Yeri is here. It’s been awhile since the last time we saw her..”

 

Minchae just got back from her break and start talking to everyone, she’s making an announcement for everyone to hear, of course Lea is hearing it too.

 

“Is she upstairs?”

 

“Looks like it, Mr. Jeon is not on his office..”

 

Everyone stopped talking at the same time when they heard a knock from the entrance. Yeri is standing there, giving everyone a smile and holding the glass door. Few peoples replying her smile and bowing their head to her, younger male employee waving their hands while chuckling and Yeri does the same thing too. She looks pretty and charming, but Lea is aware something bad is happening to her.

 

“Can i talk to you?”



Yeri is talking in a very low voice, almost whispering but Lea knows she’s talking to her.

 

“Me?” It’s surprising, so she asked her back and Yeri is nodding her head.

 

“Tell her i love her bag.”



Minchae give Lea a little pat on her back when she’s walking to Yeri’s direction.

 

“Long time no see.”



Yeri is offering her hands, and Lea take it slowly. It’s awkward to be honest.

 

“I don’t have much time.”

 

“No, i’ll just talk with you really quick, here is fine.”

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

Yeri takes a long deep breath before she covering her face and sweep her hair back.

 

“I think you should check on Jungkook once in a while..”

 

“Mr. Jeon doesn’t like it if i bothers him regarding his private life..”

 

Lea’s words came out unfriendly and harsh, she doesn’t remember since when she despise Yeri, but that’s what she feels right now.

 

“I ruined him. Someone need to taking care of that.”

 

She’s not responding anything to Yeri as she walked out from her without any further explanation. The way she walks really showed how much burden she has on her shoulder, her step is weak and full with uncertainty. It only needs her few seconds before she’s able to see her tears. She’s trying to hide it while getting on the elevator really fast, but it’s obvious for Lea. Jungkook is not the only one who’s ruined.


 

***

 

“Get back to work.”



Lea turn her face when Jungkook is here, he came out from the emergency door. He seems not realized that she had talk with Yeri earlier.

 

“Why are you using the stairs?”

 

“I need to exercise.”



Jungkook’s leave her as he entering his office, hands on his pockets, firm step and somehow heavy.

 

“You need to report few things, right?”

 

“Yes, sir. I’ll go get it for you.” Lea is back to her desk and takes a few bundles of report, taking it to Jungkook’s office really quick.

 

“The project with Tron pharmacy will be launched two weeks from now. It’s a huge scale, so they announced a launching party, you’re invited. Obviously.”

 

Jungkook staring at the document Lea gave him and read it fast. This project is huge and he really want this to be successful.

 

“The commercial film will start airing, 3 days after the launching. They’re really expecting a boost on their sales. Even though it’s a totally brand new product, they said they trust your reputation to makes things work.”

 

“Of course, they are.”

 

“That’s all, sir.” He lift her face to Lea after she’s done explaining things.

 

“Good, you can go.” He watched her leaves and few seconds later, she’s back to him.

 

“One more thing..i’m not sure if you’re still care for this, but Mr. Lee is back, the young Mr. Lee i mean..”

 

Jungkook is smiling and laughing hearing what Lea said.

 

“I thought he’s running some business in Singapore, why is he here?”

 

“I’m not sure, sir.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Lea doesn’t know this Mr. Lee, she just received training a year ago from her predecessor about him. She was told that she should let Jungkook know if Mr. Lee is doing something. The Lee family was the one who funded Jungkook and Jimin’s start up company 8 years ago when they’re still fresh graduated college student. The old Mr. Lee is a board director, and his nephew who’s back is the next heir to its throne.

 




 

I'll be back next year.

Thanks for reading :)