Two

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

Lea can not focus on doing her work today, because Jungkook is really distracting her. He's been walking back and forth to his room, looking pale and probably sick. He's not eating his food with busy as his excuse. He's torturing himself with overworking and care less about his health condition. She’s aware that her right to worried as a secretary is already decreasing since Yeri is entering her boss’s life, but still..she feels bad for him.
 

"Mr. Jeon, do you want to have your dinner right now?" She decide to knock on his door.
 

"Why are you still here?"

He looks confused when Lea enter his office, and he has right to be confused. Lea doesn't even have any work to do, technically, she's just here because she want to watch him.
 

"I have something to work on.."

She ended up making excuses to him, and she’s lucky that he believes it. He nods his head and back to focus on his work.

 

"Your dinner, Sir?"
 

"No, it's ok."
 

He lift his face again, when Lea is still not moving even after hearing his refusal.
 

"I'm so sorry, if this sounds rude Mr. Jeon..but I.. really think you should have your dinner right now, it's not because i'm being overprotective..it's just..my work is a little bit harder when you're not here..you know, projects and all. I can not afford you being sick like last month."
 

Lea want to makes him feels less tense with joking around, he'll probably find it offending but she doesn't care, the most important thing is for him to have a dinner first. She feels relieved, when Jungkook give him a smile instead of shutting her off. He's not angry with that little joke.
 

"What do you have, then?"
 

Lea has nothing to be honest, she needs to buy it first, or call delivery service first.
 

"Spaghetti, Risotto, fried rice, and steak."

She turn her face when the office door is knocked lightly, Jimin is here.
 

"Eat with us, Lea."
 

He put tons of food on his desk and Jungkook is walking to his direction, looks like they're able to made up today too.
 

"No, it's ok, Sir.."
 

"Don't be like that, come on."  He made her sit in one of the chair,  she has no choice right now.


 

Jimin is back to his office after having tons of realization, it's obvious that Yeri disliking the fact that Jungkook has a plan to do some revenge for her brother. But he is aware Jungkook will never go far for a revenge. It's never about hurting others, the only thing he wanted to do is for this Kim Seokjin to understand his misery. He just want an explanation to what he did, what his family did. He takes a few secret glances to him, guessing what is on his mind right now.
 

Jungkook is not saying anything but quietly eat his dinner,, he only watched Jimin and Lea talking to each other. The food doesn't taste good, their conversation doesn't sounds interesting. Everything just feels completely useless. Happiness, laughs, connection between people, relationship, compliments, loves.. all of it has no use for him right now.
 

"Oh, right..Mr. Jeon, you have invitation earlier. I forgot."

He watched Lea out from the room and back with an elegant looking invitation card.
 

"What is it?"
 

"It's a launching party..i have no idea."
 

"Maybe all advertising firm receive it. It must be from some entertainment agency, inviting you to showing off their artists.."
 

He looks at Lea and Jimin, before open the invitation and there's one paper slip out from it.

 

To. Mr. Jeon Jungkook

 

We wish for your attendance

 

- Irene

 

It's from Yeri's agency.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Some Party."

 

Yeri will be there for sure, not a good choice for him to see her.


 

***

 

Jungkook has been waiting for Jimin to leave after Lea is going home. He has no reason to stay here except to lecturing him about things he hates, His employee and his company, he doesn’t need it now.

 

"And why are you still here?" He finally asked him and Jimin is a little bit uncomfortable, his expression is unsure.

 

"I heard about Kim Seokjin."

 

Jimin can see Jungkook's expression is getting darker when he bring the talk about what he heard from Yeri earlier.

 

"You found him at last."


He knows how many times Jungkook spent looking for Kim Seokjin, even though for the past few years, He's already give up and focus at other things instead. He knows, finding him is one of Jungkook's biggest desire.
 

"I didn't. He's dead."
 

"What do you mean? Yeri-ssi.."

 

"Do you remember i told you about my nightmare, when i was a killer chasing someone.."

 

"What about that?"

 

"It's Kim Yeri, I chased her on my nightmare, i tried to kill her.."


Jimin is totally can't believe this whole thing. What is happening is beyond his sense.

 

"It's not your fault."

 

"She and me, we ruined each other..."

 

Jimin always thought that Yeri is probably the only one who can fix Jungkook, taking his real self back and making things better for him. Not even once he thought that the one who can destroy him again is her. But then things turn out like this, he just loss at words to see how fate is playing with Jungkook since 15 years ago until today.

 

"I don't know what to say. It's totally weird."

 

"It is not actually. All these years i always hope to find people who take my sister away from me, and i found them....i can have my revenge now."

 

"Revenge is not valid if you're hurting yourself on the process.."

 

"I'm not."

 

Cocky and arrogant. Jimin knows Jungkook is lying, he can denied it as much as he can but for him, it's obvious that Yeri means something more than a target of revenge or victim of his nightmare. She is something else for him, not for Jungkook the broken soul, but for the real Jungkook.

 

"Kim Seokjin's dad has an expedition company, her mother is running a franchise restaurant.. find me a way to get into their business."

 

He sounds determined, and Jimin knows, he has no control over this Jungkook. If he has a goal to destroy, he'll do it.

 

"I'm sorry, but this is your problem, i'm not going to ruin other people's business just because you can't accept the fact that..."

 

"That old man is threaten me. I'm not my sister, i'm not going to stay and receive all the humiliation just because i'm younger and not as powerful as he is.."

 

"I saw Kim Yeri today, and i just don't want you to do it for her sake. "

 

Jungkook watch Jimin left after packing his bag and there's nothing he can do, this is just how things should be done.


 



 

 

"You worked hard."


Yeri received a huge bouquet of rose and few gifts from the filming crew of her movie. It's finally the last day of shooting. She worked hard on this, and even though the production is more like independent and not expensive, she still hopes the movie will receive a great response.

 

"Thank you very much."


She's shaking everyone's hand and giving hug to the crews. Things like this is really making her feels better. Seeing people happy and content with what they did is totally distracting her from the thoughts about her life, her heart, Jungkook.

 

"Unnie..do you want to do something?"

 

"No, i want to go home."

 

She close her eyes and trying so hard to act normal in front of Jay and Bona, even though she already know both of them are suspecting her relationship with Jungkook is not good for the past few weeks.

 

"Irene unnie already sent the invitation for next week event to your boyfriend.."

 

"Good."

 

Yeri is not surprise that Irene did, but then she knows Jungkook won't show up if he's smart. She already threaten him and so does he..the best thing for them is to not see each other again until they died, forever.

 

"She send one for your mother too."

 

"Why?"

 

"She told us that your mother is agree to provide all the food for the event. Free."

 

Yeri's relationship with her mom is getting better everyday, She already finished ten books of her writing and they're talking really often now. The only thing she can't do is bringing the talk about Jungkook and Sooyoung to her. It’s too complicated and difficult. Her mom already has all this imagination about Jungkook as her family, Yeri’s real boyfriend, her daughter’s love, at some point Yeri is also aware that she treat Jungkook as her lost son, Seokjin’s replacement.
 

She is also not talking about her mom relationship with Jungkook to her dad, she’s just really tired of it. Her dad told her that he has his own way to deal with Jungkook, and she doesn't want to involve on any of it. If he decide to wipe Jungkook out from this world, then be it. She doesn't care anymore.
 


"Unnie, you have appointment with Dr. Yoo tomorrow morning, you already neglected your meeting with her for weeks, and she got mad."

 

Right, Yeri is never pay a visit to Dr. Yoo anymore since the last time she went there with Jungkook. The one she has right now is not a disease, nothing is wrong with her brain or her body, she's just tired. And she already has no nightmare, she’s able to sleep in peace now. So Yeri honestly has no reason to see her.

 

"I'll see her if i have time."
 


Bona is stop talking when Yeri is totally don't care with all words she said. She's acting indifferent about everything now, no more smiles or jokes, she's no longer patience and nice. She's broken again. She is completely aware that Yeri started to change since Jungkook, but now everything is worse than before. It’s even worse than the old Yeri she met few years back.

 

***


 

The concept of loving someone is no longer familiar for Yeri since Seokjin gone. It was something that is too cliche to actually treated as a real thing. She’s been living her life exactly like that for the past decade. And with that, she never imagine that she’ll be in this position, sitting at her apartment, alone, looking at the empty balcony, thinking about why everything is hurt. Brokenhearted.

Watching herself for the past few months, Yeri was really surprised to see how she act around Jungkook, a stranger. How she treat him and how she treasure him for the last few months they knew each other is not logic.
 

Same kind of pain, same hatred and same disappointment were probably reasons why she can trust Jungkook that much. Why she’s willing to go far for a relationship. She found herself on him. He’s like the only one who can understand her because turns out that their life before this was similar. Yeri just doesn't know that all those feelings is something they reserved for each other, pain, hates, hurt feelings… it's a 15 years journey. It can't compare with just few months fantasy she had with Jungkook.

 

"I should've been more careful."

 

Yeri's staring at her clock, when she heard someone is knocking on her apartment's door. She feels nervous right away, because the last time she opens that door because of a knock, Jungkook is there.

She feels better when the guest also ringing her doorbell..he doesn't usually do that.

 

"There you are."

 

It's dr. Yoo, She looks worried and Yeri is a little bit annoyed to see her, she's basically older than her, around her mother age, but she never treat her as a kid. She always treat Yeri as independent individual, like a friend.

 

"I thought you'll be here tomorrow."


She opens the door for her and told her to take a sit on the living room.
 


"I couldn't be here tomorrow, my daughter is getting married.."

 

dr. Yoo has a daughter, her husband's daughter actually, she married a widowed man just few years back and she gain herself a step daughter. Yeri never met her, but surely she's younger than her.

 

"Oh..why didn't you invite me?"
 


"It's a private wedding and i'm sure you won't bother to come."
 


"And my mom?"
 


"She told me that she can't come. I don't know what is her problem."

 

Yeri can see an awkward smile from dr. Yoo when she finally done talking about her daughter. She's aware something serious is bothering her.

 

"Your boyfriend went to see me." And turns out that she's right.

 

"He's not my boyfriend anymore."

 

"He told me about your nightmare. About him trying to kill you.."

 

Yeri honestly tired listening to things about Jungkook from people around her, not only her mom, Jimin, Irene and now this.

 

"It's not happening anymore. It’s stopped."

 

"He asked me if..what happened on that dream will turn into reality..so..i was worried about you.."

 

Yeri is laughing at her, a little bit mocking her because well..she’s already know about Jungkook's plan.

 

"Why? Are you afraid that he'll kill me?"
 


"No, i was afraid he'll get killed.." Yeri is aware where the conversation is going now.

 

"You're the one who declare that i'm healthy now. If i turn crazy again, isn't that makes you a fail doctor?"

 

Rude and unnecessary, but that's how Yeri is, dr. Yoo knows it more than anyone. She give a little pat on her shoulder and caressing her hair.

 

"I didn't say that you're the one who's going to kill him. Jeon Jungkook is you from 15 years ago.. he came to me with so much pain, just like you when we first met. If back then you told me that your pain is enough to kill you, the same thing is happening to him right now"

 

"You don't need to feel bad for him. He is manipulative."
 


"I'm a doctor."
 


"And i slept with him. I know things."
 


Dr. Yoo close and she knows thing won't be good for Yeri if she keeps pestering her opinion about this.
There’s nothing medical on her conclusion, the only reason for her to do this is because she's already trying so hard to find a cure for Yeri. She's sane and healthy right now, but she's still not fixed. And Jungkook, he's doing something more than what she did to Yeri as her doctor for the past 15 years.  To bring her back home, to a life where she can be happy and content. He can make it happen, She won't let her chance to finally fix Yeri get away so easily.


 

"Right. You did."

 

"It has nothing to do with my heart or anything. I made a wrong judgement about him.."

 

"Alright. I understand. Just give me a call if you don't feel good about something."
 


"I will, thank you."

 

It’s bothering her, this conversation, why would Jungkook came to dr. Yoo in the first place..

 



 

 

"Excuse me, sir.."

 

For the past 2 weeks, Lea is really having a hard time on dealing with Jungkook, he's really really annoying and making the situation on the office awkward and gloomy with excessive strictness to all employees. One of the youngest editor, who just worked here for two months resigned because Jungkook lashing out to him in front of everyone. Poor Kid.

 

"What is it?" He's talking without looking at her, since he's busy with his computer.

 

"Someone from entertainment agency, asking for confirmation of your attendance.."

 

"What entertainment company?"

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi's agency."

 

Jungkook is finally paying attention to Lea when Yeri's name brought up to their conversation, it's already more than a month since the last time he saw her, but looks like she still have some impact on him.

 

"I will not come."

 

"Alright, then about the suit Mrs. Kim send to you. Do you want me to get rid of that too?"

 

Lea is already know Jungkook's relationship with Yeri is a mess right now, not to mention the change of Jungkook's behaviour but everything is obvious. Almost every employees is also suspecting this as one of the reason to why he becoming so indifferent, if Lea doesn't care she can just tell everyone about him who told her to get rid all things regarding Yeri, she's sure everyone will be mocking him to death for acting like this over a failed relationship.
 

And right now, one expensive suit was send to him under Mrs. Kim's name. That woman seems really clueless about what is going on between her daughter and him she just kept sending him things.

 

"Sir.." Lea find Jungkook zoning out so she try to call him again, she needs an answer.

 

"I'll come, give me number of Mrs. Kim."

 

"I'll call her for you, sir."

 

"Thanks."

 

Jungkook doesn't really think much about this, the only thing he want to do is a revenge, just like what Yeri told him to. If there's a slight chance, he'll take it no matter what.

 

***

 

 

"Tell me why this event is huge again?"


Yeri is watching Irene giving order to a few peoples who's doing some decoration for the part. She totally looks presurred and busy over this particular event.

 

"It's a rebranding launch. I already worked on this for years..Didn't you see our artist's receive so much love these days..?"

 

Well, it's true that the only artist Irene has 5 years ago is Yeri, but for the past 2 years, there's so much popular, loved, and younger artist debutting from her agency. She's a boss for more than 5 artist now.


There are model, actor, and actress like her. Kids these days are talented, most of them are popular, middle tier or B-list at least. Irene is having a huge upgrade on her business.

 

"Your boyfriend, will be here tonight, right?"


Yeri really want to tell Irene about her relationship with Jungkook, but she knows it'll just triggering her emotions. Because how is possible for her to have a boyfriend, confirmed her dating news and announcing a break up only few months llater. That is so stupid.

 

"I don't know, you already send him invitation.."

 

"Don't you talk with him or anything?"

 

"We're busy these days."

 

Yeri is changing her focus to a few of catering staffs from her mother franchise restaurant who just arrived to set the equipment and serving the food. There's only few hours left before the party started. Nobody knows about her parents, these people doesn't know if Yeri is the daughter of their boss. And she want to keep it like that forever.

 

"I'll see you later, unnie."


She give Irene a little pat on her back and leave the place quickly. She doesn't really want to bump with her mom just in case she's here. The talk about Jungkook will come up.

 

"Don't be late. You're my star for this party."

 

"That's sweet."


 

A smile. Irene is happy when she finally saw that smile from Yeri. She knows things with Jungkook is not as great as before, she's been listening some stuffs from Jay and Bona, she also notice how different Yeri is for the past few weeks.

 

***

 

Yeri get into her car and trying to call her mom, asking her if she's really going to the party or not.

 

"I'll go with a date." She sounds cheerful and even talk nonsense to her and Yeri is annoyed.

 

"Don't bring your husband here.."


When her relationship with Mrs. Kim is great and getting better each day, same thing not applied to her dad. Their relation is still bitter and complicated. She just doesn't really pay attention to him anymore. Even though they talk more often, about Jungkook mostly.

 

"It's not him. He's busy anyway."

 

"Fine, you know the drill. Don't act friendly. We don't know each other."

 

"I know."

 

Yeri feels a little bit sorry for doing this, but then she has no other choice. Her life is already complicated as it is. Introducing a famous jetsetter as her mother will only bring more troubles.
 

"I'll see you later then."