Ten

Heimwee ( /ˈɦɛi̯mʋeː/ ) Pt.2

 

 

"I'm not sure if she can handle the early schedule. If she's hard to wake up, we need spare time. "

Bona is already trying to explain to Jay who's totally irritated when she told him to pick Yeri up 30 minutes earlier, which is 2.30 in the morning.

 

"I can just drag her to the car. 30 minutes is precious for me."

 

Bona pressing the doorbell first, even though she has zero expectation for Yeri to came out. She try again for the second time, and the door actually opened. A pleasant surprise, only Jay who looks even more annoyed now.

 

"See? She's good." That’s what he said. She give Jay a smile, because she feels sorry to him.

 

"Unnie..i.." Bona is totally in shock, she can't even finished her sentence. There's no Yeri in front of her right now.
 

"Mr..Jeon.."

 

Jeon Jungkook is standing on the door, Yeri's door, holding a cup of coffee and his phone. Looking tired but handsome.

 

"It's 3 AM, isn't it? "


He opens the door wide, and told Bona also Jay to come in, he's taking a glance to his expensive watch before giving them a smile.

 

"She told me she needs to get up at 3, coffee?"

 

Bona shakes her head quick when Jungkook offering her a cup of coffee, so does Jay.

 

"Excuse me, but didn't you and her is no longer a thing? she told us by herself."

 

Jay can not understand this, Bona looks mad when he asked and giving him a glare, but he needs an answer because just recently, he saw Yeri fighting with him, and crying because of him. This is ridiculous.

 

"I'll wake her up." Jay is watching Jungkook's back as he's walking to Yeri's room.

 

"See? He's avoiding my question."

 

"Maybe you shouldn't ask in the first place, it's personal question."

 

Bona hit his shoulder and she knows she is right, couples break up and getting back together all the time. Maybe Yeri is the type who can not handle fight in a relationship well and turn into some kind of monster while experiencing it.

 

"And the way he walks is weird."

 

"He's injured. Look."

 

Bona pointing her finger to Jungkook's ankle which covered by a bandage.

 

***

 

Yeri is waking up slowly when she can feels a touch on her head, it's cold, so she wakes up right away.

 

"Jay and Bona is here."

It was Jungkook's hand playing with her hair. She fall asleep on her stomach while hugging a huge pillow and buried her head inside it.

 

"It's not even 3 AM yet."

She's looking at her phone and back to Jungkook, seeing him after waking up is always good. Just like what he promised, he watched her sleep and stay with her. There's no dream, no Sooyoung or nightmare, Yeri finally has a decent sleep after such a long time.

 

"Should i tell them to wait? or i'll just drop you off on my way back."

 

"No, What did they say to you?"

Yeri is walking to the bathroom while asking Jungkook about what Jay and Bona said to him, because honestly all the things she said to them about Jungkook is beyond ridiculous after tonight. Their reaction to this won’t be good.

 

"They're..surprised. In shock to be exact."

 

"I said so much s about you in front of them."

She's out from the bathroom only to find Jungkook offering her his coffee, she takes it right away and drink the rest of it, while drying her hair.

 

"I didn't say anything to anyone about you."

 

"Lie. Lea hates me. You definitely said something to her."

 

Jungkook is following Yeri when she's done with her quick preparation ready to coming out from her room.

 

"I told you 3 AM."

Jay is turning his face to Yeri, when she's finally out from her room, with Jungkook walking behind her. This is so stupid.

 

"Why? so you can hide your boyfriend before we arrived?"

 

Bona knows exactly why Jay is annoyed regarding this, Yeri's been treating them like since she has problems with Jungkook, she got sick, she told them to not talk about him, she clearly told them that she hates him, but now this..Hypocrisy at its best, Kim Yeri.

 

"Jay..come on.." She hit Jay's shoulder lightly, to stop him from making a mess.

 

"I won't hide even if she told me to, I'm not that kind of person."

 

What should Bona say about Jungkook.. he is different from Yeri, he looks so much more matured, calmer, and somehow scarier than her. He talks to Jay without any resentment. He totally looks relaxed, a little bit arrogant but also cool at the same time.

 

"It's my private life. We're not talking about this."

Yeri sends a glare to both Jungkook and Jay, and it's actually working because they stopped talking to each other right away.

 

"Unnie..we'll just wait outside then."

 

Bona is uncomfortable with the situation, and there is something from Jungkook that makes her feels strangely afraid and wary.

 

"Alright, I'll be out later."

 

She's dragging Jay out after receive Yeri's permission, she bows her head to Jungkook lightly and he give her a smile.

 

***

 

"You must be said something bad about me to them, judging from their reaction."

Yeri is watching Jungkook cleaning up his left over coffee at the kitchen while giving her a curious look.

 

"Not really. I told them we broke up."

 

"I told Lea the same thing too."

 

"Then why she's becoming so angry at me?"

 

"You should ask her that."

 

He's done cleaning up and back to wear his jacket, he came here without bringing anything, so he doesn't needs time to packing up something.

 

"Call me if something happened again, Try to get some sleep and don't get scared over the dream. I wasn't there anymore."

 

He came to her and give her a gentle kiss while patting her back as he's walking to the door.

 

"This one is worse than the nightmare with you on it."

 

"Good."  

 

Yeri is holding his hands before he's opening the door, he looks confused but still waiting for her to say something.

 

"Do you know a person named Lee Jihoon?"

 

His expression is turns into something that is hard to read, he's surprised and unhappy, confused too. As expected.

 

"He told me he saw you few weeks ago. Is that true?"

 

Jungkook remember when he met Jihoon at his uncle's office, he did say about meeting Yeri, but he never expecting it'll be her who’s asking him about it first.

 

"What did he say to you?"

 

"Nothing."

He's a little bit surprise seeing how Yeri is nervous when he asked her about it. Maybe she knows that his relationship with Jihoon is not good.

 

"Why are you asking me about him?"

 

"No, he told me about you and i just want to know if that's true."

 

"Where did you met him?"

It's not jealousy, Jungkook is annoyed not because he's jealous, he's just completely bothered by the fact that Jihoon and Yeri were having an interaction in a situation where she was an antagonist on his life. It’s like his enemies being friends with each other to take him down.

 

"At a club. He offered me to buy a drink, i said no, and he told me he is your friend.."

 

"A club? I don't know you like that kind of place."

 

He's finally opening the door and out from Yeri's apartment, it's an empty hall in front of them, so Yeri decide to follows him as he walks.

 

"I don't."

 

"Go with me next time."

 

He's finally letting go of her hands on his arms, and getting inside the elevator after give Yeri one quick hug.

 

 



 

"Unnie! " Bona is surprise when Yeri suddenly get inside their van, rushing.

 

"Go, i'm late."

 

Jay is not asking anything but start the car right away.

 

"Are you going to see that man from the club? The one who's working at tv station?"

 

Bona is aware that Yeri start talking to this mysterious man since she saw her having a lunch with him last week. She doesn't know what her deal is, knowing that man also has connection with Jungkook.

 

"Yes, and i'm late." Yeri is busy using her phone while sometimes staring blankly at the road. There are things bothering her.

 

***

 

Lea is using her hands to reach for her phone that kept ringing, she stare at the small clock next to it, 3.15 AM. It takes her few seconds to realized that is Jungkook, the one who called her. She pick it up right away.

 

"Mr. Jeon."

 

"Lea, can you arrange an urgent meeting between me and everyone from Tron? This morning, 8 AM?"

His voice is loud, and she know he's driving his car at this moment.

 

"8AM, sir? I think we can do that with a visit, but i'm not sure if they want to see you after what happened."

That's a ridiculous order, Tron is hating him, his image in front of them is already ruined, damaged into a dust.

 

"Then we can go there, you come with me. And make them hear me out for 10 mins."

 

"I..understand."

 

"I'll see you in the office then."

 

Jungkook hanging up right away and Lea is really dumbfounded with this, not her first time receiving a sudden call at dawn from Jungkook, but this one feels more nerve wracking and confusing. She just doesn't know why.

 

***

 

"Your schedule is not till 5, but why are you meeting this guy at dawn? does the program really required you to do so?"

Jay is full of suspicion, when 3 days ago Yeri talked about meeting a program head PD for a schedule. At dawn. Irene didn't say anything about this.

 

"Yes it is."

 

It's not actually, Yeri made a mistake for dealing with Lee Jihoon, she was contacting him because back in the club, he said something about hating Jungkook, she’s becoming curious and thinking about using him to pissing Jungkook off, she talked to him for a few times because until yesterday, Yeri still want to ruin Jungkook but after tonight, she’s actually not sure.

 

Lee Jihoon is a manipulative person, even worse than her and Jungkook, she doesn't like him at all, she’s trying hard to giving him less information when he asked, but at some point he get to find out about what she did to Jungkook regarding the Tron pharmacy project. He said he likes what she did and asking her to meet, tonight. She said yes already.

 

"I don't think he's a good person, Unnie."

 

"Don't worry about me."

 

"Your boyfriend won't be happy if he know you're dealing with him."

 

Well, of course. That's why she's trying to fix the situation right now.

 

"Unnie, do you want me to come with you?"

 

"No, just wait here, i won't be long."

 

"Alright."

 

Yeri is out from her van while sometimes send a text message to Jihoon, he told her the place to see each other and Yeri is actually familiar with this TV station, she knows where to run just in case this man treating her bad.

***

Jihoon waving his hand when he finally found Yeri, he doesn't know why but turns out that her relationship with Jungkook is not working, she hates him and with that fact only, he gains a new friend. Not to mention Yeri is also pretty and popular, it's great to be around her.

 

"I'm sorry, i'm late."

He give Yeri a smile when she talks to him first, they still don't know about each other but she seems like a good person.

 

"That's fine."

 

"I don't have much time, so.."

 

"Oh, don't worry. I just want to let you know that whatever you did to Sky and Jungkook is working. My uncle and all the board director of Sky is not happy and have a plan to taking over it while removing him as the CEO."

 

He thought Yeri will be thrilled after hearing the news, but she just looks puzzled and disappointed.

 

"Isn't that what you want, Yeri-ssi?"

 

"No..Sky is everything for him."

 

"I know. He's been so cocky for the past 8 years, he loves money so much. Don't worry, you're not the first person who want to see him failed. It's just.. you did so well it's actually worked."

 

"I don't want to see him fail."

 

Jihoon is becoming bothered and somehow disgusted when he realized that Yeri is being genuine to Jungkook with her feelings, he thought Yeri is strong but turns out that she's just another minion who's willing to stand under Jungkook's feet and worshipping him like he's a god.

 

"Weak."

He ended up talk to her with no manner and mocking her with his eyes.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Jeon Jungkook is a society trash."

 

"I know that. So do i.. What i did to him about Tron is unethical. Believe me i know how bad Jungkook is better than anyone."

 

"Really? Do you know his capability to becoming so evil , he seems like a good guy but he's not. He's able to stand on his position right now after ruining people's life."

 

"I almost died on his hand. I know he is no good, but i'm no better than him, Mr. Lee."

 

"Does he know about what you did? He won't let go of you if he knew, he'll crushing you and making your life miserable, trust me, you need an ally to fight him."

 

"He knows what i did, every single thing. You don't need to worry about me."

 

Jihoon is surprised , because what Yeri did to Jungkook is a mess, and there's no way he won't do anything to her, Jungkook is not that kind of person... unless.. if he's totally in love with her. And with that only, it's enough for Jihoon to start seeing Yeri as nothing but a chance, an open chance.
 

Yeri feels a little bit uncomfortable because she talks to Jihoon like she knows him. She’s doing nothing when he’s leaning his back and give a deep gaze for her. 

 

"He knows, but others don't, right? You're a celebrity, Tron is a huge company, do you think you can get away from it when they knew it was you behind all of this? You can say goodbye to your career."

 

It's not that hard for her to know what he just said was a threat.
 

"What do you want from me?"

 

"If you don't want to become my ally and fight Jeon Jungkook, then fine. just be my friend."

He gets up from his seat and Yeri is watching him closely, she's nervous.

 

"I'm lonely, i have no friends to hang out with."

He left her and he knows Yeri has no choice but to deal with his condition.

If for the past 8 years, he's already tried to ruin Jungkook with all way possible and nothing is worked, bothering his heart is not a bad idea at all.

 


 

"Good Job, Lea."

 

That's the first word Jungkook said to her when he pick her up in front of their office, Lea able to score a meeting with Tron pharmacy after so many attempts and negotiation. She did a great job indeed for doing this without knowing any of Jungkook's plan.

 

"So, what are we going to do, sir?"

 

"Saving our firm."

 

It takes them 20 minutes until they arrived. Lea is walking behind Jungkook all the time, they reached the meeting venue first, and minutes later, the Tron executives and some researcher is here.

 

"The investigation still ongoing Mr. Jeon, you can not do anything about it."

 

One of the researcher talk to Jungkook without honorific, she's so hateful and Lea despise her attitude so much. Jungkook told Lea to operating his laptop while he's standing with a pointer on his hand. He want to show them something.

 

"Thank you very much for your time."

None of them actually paying attention to him, Lea can see all of them is being indifferent with what he said. They just don't like him. She give a stare to him, and he told Lea to begin his power point presentation.

Lea is surprised when the presentation is definitely something unexpected, it is a bunch of email exchanges with someone named Kim and an anonymous id. None of them paying attention to it, so Jungkook use his pointer to knock on the table and now he got everyone's attention.

 

"Your investigation is aiming a wrong target."

He distributed a few pages of paper, it is the printout of email exchange, profile of Tron's employee, two of them, a bank book with tons of money transaction on it, a picture, a cctv record..just everything Lea usually saw at spy movie.

 

"It was not me, and it’ll never be me. It was two of your employee giving away classified information to other people for the sake of money."

 

Everyone inside that room i totally surprised, most of them doesn't want to believe him but they totally aware Jungkook is backed up by tons of proofs, they have it on their own hand. Noone said anything, even Lea also joining them to read and study the documents Jungkook distributed earlier.

 

Jungkook is doing nothing but watching everyone in silent, he can feels his phone is vibrating for a dozens time since this morning, he's busy so he’s not picking it up, but this time the caller seems determined, he stare at his phone screen for awhile, an unfamiliar number, he decide to pick it up since everyone is busy with the documents he distributed earlier and none of them looking at him.

 

"Hi.."

 

It's Yeri. Her voice sounds so cheerful and soft. He's not responding to her because he's taken aback, her voice is the last thing he wanted to heard when he’s in the middle of ruining her career, her life too maybe.

 

This was not his plan until this morning, everything he felt for Yeri is genuine, everything he said to her last night is sincere, it’s just..he was using her laptop when she was sleeping, he opened her fake email account and the whole thing showed up. It’s not hard for Jungkook to compile everything else because he already working on it for weeks, he just need a concrete proof to tell people that Yeri is behind all of this, and he got it last night.

Who cares if her career is ruined, what she did was a crime and if she had the courage to did it, she must ready for the consequences, it’s not about his revenge it’s about teaching her a basic value. And also to save him and his firm.

 

"I'm using Bona's phone since mine is dead. I thought you'll be worried so i called until you picked up. What are you doing right now?"

 

"I... A meeting, i'm in the middle of a meeting."

 

"I'll just say it really quick then.."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I was too embarrassed to tell you this morning, but i'm really sorry for everything i did, i was being overboard and i know i shouldn't have done that.."

 

That was sounds really sincere coming from her.

 

"One more thing.. Even if you tried to kill me or despise my family and trying to ruin them..I love you."

 

He can heard her husky voice, and he knows she's holding her tears while saying it.

 

"Talk to you later. Bye."

 

Jungkook realized picking up that phone call is totally a bad move, he became weak after hearing her voice. He became unwilling to ruining her life.

 

“All of this doesn’t makes sense..I was talking to your girlfriend and she told me you showed her a document about our product.”

 

He put back his phone to his pocket, when Lydia Kim totally looks mad and talk to him really quick. It’ll be easy for him to tell her that Yeri is the one who gave money to Tron employee and about her buying the classified documents, but something just stopping him from doing that.

 

“I did showed her a document..” So he choose to told a lie for her.

 

“So?”

 

“But not that one you claimed. She was mistaken it with something else.”

 

“Oh..come on..”

 

Jungkook knows none of them buying his story, he’s trying to so hard thinking a way out both for Yeri and him.

 

“Dr. Kim, you can ask your own employees about it, Mr. Jeon giving you names, it’s not hard to find them and trace the real culprit, isn’t it?”

 

Jungkook and everyone turn their face to Lea who’s standing in the center while talking with so much confidence.

Of course, it’s a good idea if the real culprit is not Yeri.

But right now, Yeri will definitely on the chopping board if they ever find out about this. 

 

“We’ll be checking what you give to us first.”

 

Everyone is out from the room, and Jungkook is doing nothing but petrified at his position.

It’s not supposed to end like this. He supposed to expose Yeri and ask Tron to takes responsibility of damages that his firm suffered, he’ll get money, his name will be cleaned, and business will rolling again. It’s a perfect plan but why..

 

“So..it really was Kim Yeri?”

 

Jungkook can see Lea is unamused with what she just heard.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know how you work, you’ll never do a mistake like this, does she steal from you? the document?”

 

She’s turning off the laptop and putting it back to his bag, Jungkook honestly doesn’t know how to answer or explaining things to her.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

So he choose to avoiding it.

 

“You told me to not involve with all things Kim Yeri again. Is that because she’s taking control over you so you act like a different person i know?”

 

Lea is brave, looks like she’s having so much to pent regarding this matter. Not only about Tron but also Yeri.

 

“I’m not under anyone’s control.”

 

“Then why are you covering her up? You sent your ex employee to the court because he use your idea and concept for his own benefit. He worked 5 years for you. And her, how long you’ve been knowing her?”

 

Lea is totally mad, she is disappointed and can not accept the thing Jungkook is doing right now. All the misery of her co worker at Sky happening because Yeri ruining them. That was such a trashy behaviour and it’s even worse when Jungkook choose to protect her instead of people who works for him and has been supporting him for years.

 

“I’m sorry, but i don’t want to work with you anymore. I’ll give you my resignation letter tomorrow.”

 

Lea never thought that she’ll be doing this, it’s angers, disappointment and jealousy mixed into a huge hatred. She knows she’ll be having a hard time dealing with life without a job, but it’s harder to deal with her hurt feelings because of Jungkook and the way he act. She prefer to get yelled at by him, instead of watching him turns into someone else right in front of her because of Yeri. She’s tired of it. And the fact that Jungkook is not even denying or stopping her makes her realized that everything she said about him is true, he’s becoming weak.

 

Jungkook is doing nothing when Lea handing him his bag, she give him a light bow, but her eyes is sad. He holds her hands slowly and it does makes her stopped. He’s already so getting used with Lea being around and the thought of her gone is actually bothering him.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

That’s what he said before he lets her go, and Lea start to have teary eyes, her hands is cold.

 

“You should feels sorry to yourself, Mr. Jeon.”



She said that words firmly. And out from the room right away, leaving him behind with so much confusions and emotions.