Edgy

Hysteria

Late in the afternoon , I took a bath and it helped me to wash away tiredness and stress that I developed through my day , I ended up on my warm bed , drinking some coffee and scrolling through my timeline just to check anything new .

 

well that was my afternoon routine , similar to any other person's one .

 

After a couple of minutes , I felt the urge to text my best friend Jisoo , she is surely at the hospital right now so I didn't want to disturb her with a phone call .

 

Taking a deep breath , I opened our kakao talk discussion and started to type few words while mumbling those under my breath :

 

" hey , the patient I've told you about rejected me "

 

Umh wait , this sounds a bit pathetic , I told myself as I shook my head  deleting my words , I replaced the message with another one , and this time Jisoo was thankfully connected 

 

 

- " hey , I passed the first day with my patient "

 

- " so you  really accepted huh? How was it ? "

 

- " ofc I did , well it was pretty great , except that he was not in the mood to get a session "

 

- " don't tell me you ended leaving soon because he didn't want to talk " 

 

- " how could you guess ! "

 

- " HAHAHA IT WAS SO OBVIOUS "

 

- " I HATE YOUU "

 

- " jendeuk pls , I'm a professional and I already went through hundred of reactions "

 

- " makes sense tho .. " 

 

- " can you tell me some more ? "

 

- " well , he wasn't happy with how I asked him questions , and how I held a notebook like the previous ones "

 

- " ah I see , but isn't your work helping him to get through it without typical sessions he's used to assist? "

 

- " yes but .. I can't see myself doing it in any different way ! " 

 

- " jen, he's your patient , you're the one who should know how to work with him "

 

- " aghh can I get some tips or advices? "

 

- " I told you ! You must figure out how to work with him all by yourself , anyways I gotta go now ! "

 

 

My lips formed a slight pout reading the last words , what a disappointment ... I wanted her to stay a bit longer with me and actually boost my motivation as she always did .

 

I rolled a bit on my bed and the moment a stopped, my eyes fell on the notebook that was resting on my night table .

 

My hand snatched it and I began to flip the pages to reach the ones I've noted this morning , the pad of my index ran through the lines while I tried to process each one .

 

not comfortable with notebooks and questions , personal space , seems like a writer , silent and observant 

 

Well those are a lot of informations to combine together , and i barely got time to prepare my next session with him 

 

I jumped off my bed and linked my hands behind my back , my steps were small and careful while I walked in circles around my room , as if it was helping me to focus .

 

" If I were you hanbin .. if I were you .. " 

 

I hummed as I imagined what I would like to receive if I were him , it made some sense now .. but if it was the first thing I'll do , it's dropping the notebook and the professional image , well comfort first ! 

 

 


___ three days later :

 

Today is my second session with hanbin , and this time as I planned , I wore more comfortable clothes instead of formal ones , a boyfriend jean and a simple shirt along with a pretty black beret on the top of my head which made my curly hair look better on my shoulders like a curtain. 

 

I made sure to not come at an early hour like last time , so he wouldn't ask a " solo " morning today .

 

Hayi welcomed me as warmly as the last time , and right now , I was standing behind the door of his room .

 

My heart skipped a beat , I bit on my lower lip gently before tapping on the wooden door .

 

After few seconds , I knew that I could enter , and i did carefully to not disturb him 

 

My head peeked first from the bed to explore it , or in other words , I was looking for him .

 

My body made its way inside the room and i made sure to close the door after , and there was hanbin .. facing the window and not caring about who came in as usual .

 

I smiled to see him this time , at least he's not laying down .

 

My voice echoed around the place , my words were gentle and sweet this time , I wanted to sound more familiar , like a friend , like someone who got good intentions , not someone who will just observe and wrote down every single move you make .

 

" hello there ! It's me again ~ " 

 

I walked leisurely toward him and stood right beside him , looking through the curtains just as he was doing 

 

I won't lie , I feel quiet nervous and i cannot predict his reaction , but I wanted to build comfort between us so bad , especially today , I want to spend the whole session with him , without being asked to leave .

 

My eyes stole a glance at him , he was already eyeing me expressionlessly so I smiled genuinely at him , offering him a sight of my pearly teeth .

 

" nice "

 

He mouthed in an uninterested tone 

 

Well , that's okay , at least he looked at me , he's acknowledging my presence. 

 

The atmosphere felt heavy and that was not what I wanted , letting the silence last too long like the other day was a very , very , very bad idea , so I decided to make the mood a bit smoother , just to make things less awkward between us .

 

" why do you keep the curtains closed ? Open them to have a nicer view ! "

 

I asked in a lighthearted way , my hands reached for the milky curtains and i spread those open , letting the warm sunlight invade the room and caress our skins .

 

Through the glass was the ever changing art of the sky, the clouds that brought infinite images of beauty. There was something in that feeling of gratitude, for all those gifts given so freely, all for spending a moment gazing into the blue. 

 

My hand settled itself against the glassy window and i found myself leaning more to get a better dose of this dreamy view , until I felt the sudden touch of a colder skin getting on top of mine , an unfamiliar touch that made me shiver .

 

I quickly looked up to see it was hanbin's hand on the top of mine , moving it away from the glass the glass .

 

" don't , you'll leave prints on it " 

 

" a clean freak hmm ? " 

 

I chuckled a bit making the remark , there was nothing to do now except keeping my hands behind my back and admiring the view .

 

" it's prettier without the curtains, isn't it ? " 

 

I added as I waited for him to get into the conversation , why does it have to be so hard ? Can't he follow the lead and make things easier ? But again , my job is to make him do exactly what I want from him to do , and this was my first mission ; letting him open himself a bit for me .

 

" yeah , you can say so " 

 

He answered briefly and turned around this time , arms crossed against his chest and back laying on the wall . 

 

I stepped back to get a better view on him , our gazes met and i twirled the end of my hair stands around my finger , adding some more words in hope to make him talk 

 

" how was your day by the way ? "

 

Hanbin's POV 

 

from the corner of my eyes , I was observing the young woman standing beside me , desperately wanting to open up a conversation 

 

That question she asked made me nearly choke , what a typical and monotonous one , now days people can't be creative .. Well at least with me 

 

I didn't have any responses myself , how was my day ? Well it's all the same , today similar to yesterday and tomorrow , like a never ending circle .. 

 

A sigh left a sigh and i ended up answering with my eyes closed , the back of my head touching the wall 

 

" circling well " 

 

My lids opened again to look at her already leaving her spot and walking toward my desk , this girl .. she's too curious to handle , but I let her do as she wants .

 

She was looking through the small notebook I use to jot down some thoughts and quoting I make myself .

 

She seems different from last time , she's suddenly less formal , and what a wonder , she's the first one not bringing the legendary " notebook"  with her .

 

" forgot your notes ? "

 

I asked flatly , just to see her reaction .

 

She shifted her eyes toward me and smiled from ear to ear , holding her chin on her Palm

 

" well who needs a notebook now , it's pretty useless after all , I don't need it anymore " 

 

Oh really ? 

 

I mentally mocked her , she's surely keeping all my actions inside her head , that's what all psychologists and doctors do , and its what I hate the most .

 

Do they really think people would open up to them as they only write down the way you act ? 

 

All they care about is your head  .. not your heart .

 

But well , the fact that she didn't bring it this time with her is better than nothing , at least .. She respects the fact that I don't appreciate it .

 

I didn't leave my place , I stood up there since the minute she came , and all I did for now was analysing her discreetly. 


She has a great fashion taste I can say , and her Pettit body suits her outfits pretty well.. beside that , her face is a bit different from the other ones I've seen before .

 

She has chubby and rosey cheeks with a gummy smile that gives her that innocent look , she seems young , probably my age . 

 

The sun was shining across her face. With an ease that the world craves to grasp , eyes on the notes , she seems unburdened , like she gave up to the world and its troubles a long time ago , and on top of that a brief smile stretched across her face  every now and then as she discovered more of my work .

 

I finally decide to move further and sit on the edge of my desk , interrupting her from reading my writings .

 

Our eyes met for a couple of seconds .. hers eyes were so different  this day , softer than I knew they could be. The professional girl is gone and instead it is the eyes of one who seems interested .

 

If it were anyone else I would drop my gaze, but i kept mine on her own in an intimidating manner  Then she said words I was okay to hear , this time .. an interesting question .. finally .

 

" are all of those the fruit of your own mind ? "

 

Jennie's POV

 

I've been reading what he writes for some minutes right now and i can say I'm impressed , so I couldn't help but asked him to be sure he's really the one behind those artistically written words 

 

" life is a beautiful sad song , don't think about it and you'll be fine , fake happiness is still worst than sadness "

 

It was all a bunch of short but deep expressions that made me think in a certain  way 

 

He nodded to show a 'yes' ,  well I'm not surprised. 

 

" you like it ? " 

 

He continued, his eyes connected with mine not to judge me or study me , but to wait for an answer from me .. can I call this an improvement already? 

 

My smile only grew wider as I studied his features , the Sun rays were making his skin glow and seem more alive , he really has that edgy and smart look , despit his cold attitude , I guess he's better expressing himself through words , and it's here where I found the right words and the right question to ask , it's now or never !

 

" do you share your writing on any social media ? I really want to read some daily ! " 

 

 

____ end of chap 2