Home

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Jaejoong’s POV*

The week went by faster than I had hoped. Prince Kikwang and Prince Doojoon decided to stay until Youngjae’s return. Prince Junhong also came to wait. I wrote King Yoon and King Jang, informing them that Prince Kikwang had returned safely and that he’s in good health and well. I also asked for them to continue to help in the search for Youngjae. Iseul sent me a letter stating that she’ll be on her way to the Fire Kingdom soon. My heart weighed heavy. I felt terrible for losing her son. I worried day and night for him, I could only imagine how she felt.

There was only one day left until the week was over and Daehyun and Youngjae hadn’t returned. I started the day late and reluctantly began to pack my belongings. “You know if Changmin doesn’t come with Prince Youngjae tomorrow either, then you don’t have to leave.” Yoochun was stood at the doorway to my room, his shoulder leaning against the door frame. “I doubt that’ll be the case.” I said, though I hope it was so.

Yoochun sighed, “Do you really have to do this?” “Yes Yoochun.” I said, tired of the question. “You’ll be miserable there. There’re other ways to go about it. But you won’t be happy there.” Yoochun said. “Maybe I won’t.” I said, staring at my folded fire robe. “But I could be wrong. It wouldn’t be a first.” I put the robe to the side.

Yoochun frowned at this, “Gee, both you and Yunho are so stubborn. I swear I don’t know who’s worse. Yunho only cares about himself, and you care too much about others.” He said.

I turned to him, “This is worth doing for Youngjae. You know just as much as I do that he doesn’t deserve this and that his life is on the line.”

Yoochun let out another sigh but agreed anyway. “I don’t like this.” He folded his arms. “I don’t either but…” I sat down on the edge of my bed. The younger raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to continue. “But what?” He already knew what I was going to say. “But I feel like…it’ll be better than how it’s been here.” I confessed.

Silence fell between us, knowing that there was possible truth behind my words. And if I go, maybe I could help him get back on the right path.

I let out a laugh and continued my packing, “Crazy right?” I folded one of my shirts and placed it neatly in the bag. “But maybe not, Changmin wasn’t always this way. He could probably change back or become better with some guidance.” My movements slowed in thought. “though it seems impossible, Yunho could change too.” Yoochun shrugged.

I huffed, “This isn’t about Yunho. Even if I stay, I’m not living in the palace and I plan on moving back home once I know Youngjae is completely fine.” I said. The servant shrugged, “I don’t blame you.”

“Jaejoong!” Kyungsoo ran to my room breathless. He bowed to both Yoochun and I. “Kyungsoo? What’s the matter?” He was breathing heavily. “He’s-He’s here.” A large smile broke out on his lips. “Prince Daehyun and Prince Youngjae are here.” He announced.

I froze, unable to process his words, “What?”

“They’re outside, they’re approaching the palace. You must come.” With that he ran back out the room.

I looked at Yoochun who looked just as surprised. I dropped the items in my hand and the two of us left my room.

 

We ran out the palace doors just in time to see the two princes enter the gates. My eyes stung when they landed on Youngjae as Daehyun helped him down from the horse. “Youngjae!” I ran down the steps. I lost all my composure and ran him into a hug, nearly spinning him. He laughed but hugged me back. “I missed you Jaejoong.”

I pulled away to get a good look at him. “You’re really here.” I squeezed his arms. Tears filled the wells of my eyes, “I was so worried.

He gave me a small smile, “I’m sorry for worrying you.”

“Don’t apologize. I should’ve been there.” I released my hold. He opened his mouth to argue but was cut off before he could get a word out. “Youngjae!!” Prince Kikwang ran out the palace, followed by Prince Doojoon and Prince Junhong. I stepped out the way to give them room.

Kikwang jumped on his brother, nearly causing the two to fall over. Youngjae laughed, hugging his brother back. “I would’ve come for you, but this bastard took me back while I was sleeping.” Kikwang said, referring to Doojoon who only scoffed.

“My turn!” Junhong peeled Kikwang off the youngest snow prince and gave his friend a tight hug. “Oh Youngjae, I’m so glad you’re back! I was so worried for you, but it’s okay now because you’re back.” Youngjae seemed toughed by the younger prince’s words. He wasn’t expecting the overwhelming welcome.

Sunghak came out the palace to join the group. He patted his younger brother on the back.

Youngjae released his hug from Junhong and walked up to Doojoon and gave him a tight hug as well. The earth prince was thrown off by the sudden gesture. “Thank you for saving my brother.” He thanked sincerely, pulling out of the hug. Doojoon blushed in slight embarrassment.

“He didn’t do it all by himself.” Daehyun scoffed.

“None of this would’ve happened if it wasn’t for you.” Kikwang sneered.

Daehyun frowned at him.

“Yah! It wouldn’t have happened if you’d learn to defend yourself better.” Sunghak stepped up to Kikwang.

Kikwang growled at him.

“Back off Sunghak. I beat your brother, don’t make me do the same to you.” Doojoon threatened.

“Oh yeah, that reminds me. I have to pay you back for that.” Sunghak snarled.

“I dare you to try it.” Kikwang stepped in between him and Doojoon, his hand on his dagger.

Daehyun pulled out his sword.

“Oooh~, this just got interesting.” Yoochun smiled.

“Awe~, please don’t fight again~.” Junhong whimpered.

I noticed that Youngjae was frightened by the sudden outcome of events. “Your highnesses, please. You all are still tense. Let’s relax and go inside. I’ll make you all some tea and cakes.” I stepped in.

The four were reluctant but stepped away from each other. “Awe, you ruined the fun.” Yoochun muttered. I shook my head, “Please take them to the dining room.” I said. “fine.” He groaned, “Follow me.” He said to the princes and led the way inside. However, Junhong stopped, “Where’s Yongguk?”

“He didn’t come back with us, but he told me to give you this letter.” Daehyun said, handing the youngest member an envelope. “Oh, okay.” He seemed disappointed but followed the others inside anyway.

I turned to Youngjae, “Let’s check up on you, okay?” I said. He nodded, and we went inside together, followed by Daehyun.

We went into Youngjae’s room. Youngjae was ecstatic to see Kyungsoo and Yoseob again, giving them each a tight hug. “We missed you so much that we washed your sheets and cleaned your room every week.” Yoseob was on the verge of tears. “it was Sir Jaejoong

Please log in to read the full chapter