Truth Is

The Third Snow Prince
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Finally!” Junhong stretched.

Daehyun and Youngjae turned around to face the young prince. “You’re happy it’s over?” Daehyun questioned. “Yeah!” Junhong grinned. Daehyun scoffed in amusement at the younger’s enthusiasm. “Because the reception is next.” Junhong perked. “It’s the best part!”

“Really?” Youngjae questioned. “Yeah! It’s like a big party! And the Earth Kingdom has the best parties.” Junhong explained, getting more excited the more he spoke. His warmth radiated off him. Youngjae became just as excited, excited to attend his first Earth Kingdom party.

 

The royal Earth and Snow families left first, followed by the celestial priests. Minutes after they were gone, the rest of the royal families left the ceremonial grounds as well.

Jongin pulled Bang to the side as they made their way to the Earth Kingdom’s ballroom. “Eunhyuk expects a full report about today.” He reminded the elder. “We have to give a report on all the fertile princes here. Especially on Prince Kikwang and Prince Youngjae.” He whispered quietly. Yongguk nodded firmly. They had to get all information on the said princes since they’ll be the hardest to capture, and they’re the ones that Eunhyuk wants the most.

“The youngest snow prince will be the hardest.” Yongguk noted. “He seems to be close with prince Daehyun.” The body guard said, having witnessed the interaction between the two princes. Jongin only nodded his heart sinking a little. The last thing he wanted to do was betray his home kingdom.

 

Youngjae’s eyes grew wide when they entered the highly decorated ballroom. “It’s three times as big as the one back at the snow kingdom.” He gasped. However, his gasp was cut short by a series of coughs. Daehyun’s eyes slightly widened, “Are you okay?”

Youngjae internally panicked but forced a smile, “I think I gasped too hard.” He laughed. Daehyun smiled in relief. “I guess the place is alright.” He shrugged. Youngjae chuckled a little. “Nothing impresses you, does it?” “Hm. Not really. The fire kingdom is the best.” The elder smirked. Youngjae laughed shaking his head.

Everyone mingled and chatted as they waited for the wedded royal couple to arrive. Music was played by different musicians of various instruments. Several entertainers performed on stage presenting various acts. Junhong pulled Youngjae around, introducing him to the prince and princesses of the other kingdoms. Daehyun followed behind.

Youngjae was shy at the beginning but slowly grew out of his shell with the help of Junhong. He even got to meet Junhong’s eldest sister, who was married to the crowned prince of the Air kingdom. The princes and princesses were all surprised meeting the third snow prince. They had only recently heard rumors of his existence a few weeks prior to the wedding and were astonished to see that he was real and kind. They asked him several questions.

Youngjae was overwhelmed by the attention and di hi best to answer everyone’s questions. He was glad that Daehyun was there to step in when they asked personal questions.

“Looks like somebody is more popular than me.” Someone said. Youngjae turned around and a large smile grew on his lips. “Kikwang!” he hugged his brother tightly.

“You look amazing!” he said, pulling away, seeing that the elder had changed clothes. “I always look amazing.” The elder winked earning a chuckle from the younger. “Hi Doojoon.” Youngjae beamed, waving to the crowned prince that joined them. The elder prince was thrown off by the sweet greeting, but he smiled and returned the wave.

“Kikwang!” Junhong jumped on his friends back. “Junhong!” Kikwang laughed. “I haven’t seen you in forever.” The youngest member said, climbing off his back. “I know. Blame this guy.” Kikwang pointed to Doojoon who rolled his eyes. “Oh~! Hi Doojoon.” Junhong smiled.

Kikwang looked over to Daehyun who hadn’t said a word.

“Ah, so this is the prince who called my brother a ghost.” He said, gaining the younger’s attention. Daehyun only bowed his head as a greeting. “I was actually looking forward to meeting you today.” Kikwang forced a warm grin as he slipped between Youngjae and Daehyun. “Let’s talk.” He hung his arm over the fire prince’s shoulder. “You guys carry on.” He said to the other three, already walking away. “We’ll be back.” He promised.

Doojoon shook his head knowing exactly what he was up to. He only prayed that Kikwang didn’t say or do anything irrational.

Kikwang led Daehyun far from the three princes before speaking again. “So, Youngjae told me in his letters that you’ve helped him transition into the fire kingdom.” He began. “You don’t have to thank me. I was only doing the universe’s work.” Daehyun brushed off.

Kikwang removed his arm and busted into laughter. “You think I’m thanking you?” He laughed hard. Daehyun was thrown off by the outburst, but soon became somewhat annoyed by the obnoxious laughter.

Kikwang’s laughter ended just as quickly as it started. His face became serious and firm. “I’m not here to thank you. I’m here to warn you.” Daehyun raised an eyebrow at this. Kikwang leaned forward and poked Daehyun’s chest. “I don’t know what your intensions are, but you better not be messing with my little brother.”

Daehyun brushed the elder’s hand away. “What are you talking about?”

“Youngjae told me that you two are dating.”

Daehyun’s eyes slightly widened. He figured that the snow prince would’ve told his brother, but he hadn’t expected the elder to bring it up. “Is that all he told you?” Daehyun questioned curiously. “And he said that you two kissed.” Kikwang answered. “But that’s not important. You better not be messing with him. He’s never been in a relationship before. He’s never been as far as having a friend outside our family, and I’m sure you know that. So, you better not be toying with him.”

Daehyun scoffed, feeling offended by the accusations. “What makes you think that I’m messing with him?” He frowned now on the defense.

“I’m just saying. Don’t break his heart. He’ll blame himself. He’s been through a lot already. And though he never says it, I know he blames himself for all of it. And if he gets hurt, he’ll try to handle it on his own. He’ll be alone at the fire kingdom.” Kikwang’s shoulders dropped at the thought.

Daehyun relaxed, understanding the truth behind the elder prince’s words.

Kikwang quickly narrowed his eyes at the fire prince. “So, if you break his hear, if you make him cry. If you do so much as to even let a tear escape his eye, I will not forgive you. He will. But I will make sure that, that’s the last heart you break.” He threatened.

Daehyun bawled his fist, not appreciating the threat. “You don’t even know me. How can you make such a threat?”

“I don’t have to know you and I don’t care what kind of person you are. My threat still stands. No one messes with my brother and gets away with it.” Kikwang said sternly.

Daehyun’s anger boiled as he took a step closer to the prince to where their noses were only inches apart. “Worry about yourself and your own husband. I’ll be the one who protects Youngjae from anyone and anything. I will have the throats of anyone who goes as far as to give him a dirty look. I will care and protect him better than you ever could. So, you can take back your petty threat. It means nothing to me.” The fire prince growled.

Kikwang sneered at this, however, before he could respond Doojoon joined them. “Kikwang, my mom wants us to greet the royal families.” He said. Kikwang nodded before standing straight up. He gave Daehyun one last threatening look and walked away with Doojoon.

“You two looked like you were about to fight.” Doojoon remarked once they were far form the fire prince. “More or less.” Kikwang shrugged indifferently. “How did it go?” the crowned Earth prince asked curiously. “It went well.” Kikwang nodded in satisfaction. He wasn’t expecting that kind of response from the fire prince, but it pleased him nonetheless.

 

“They’re so good!” Junhong said in awe, watching the majestic dancers whom seemed to have been dancing nonstop. “It’s alright.” Yongguk shrugged, not understanding what was so interesting about a group of strangers dancing. Junhong could tell that the elder wasn’t interested and pulled him toward another part of the ballroom. “This is fun isn’t it?” he beamed. “The Earth Kingdom parties are the best! The whole world is here! I got to see all my friends and even make new ones.”

Yongguk nodded, having been the one to follow him around as he spoke to every single person. The sunshine prince was more popular than Yongguk had expected. It made him feel a little down at the fact. “Too bad Kikwang is busy greeting everyone and Daehyun stole Youngjae from us.” Junhong pouted. “I really like talking to Youngjae. He’s the nicest person I’ve ever met.” He perked.

Yongguk nodded in agreement once more. The third snow prince was nice, he was like the personified form of ‘pure’. It made Yongguk pity the snow prince for what was to happen to him in the upcoming month. He doesn’t deserve it. Yongguk thought to himself. He then looked at the tall sunshine prince. And neither does Junhong. A silent sigh escaped his lips as conflict stirred within him. He quickly shook his head, not wanting to think about it.

Junhong wrapped his arms around Yongguk’s, hanging onto it. “Isn’t this nice?” Junhong smiled, enjoying the close proximity between him and the guard. “Don’t you think this is inappropriate to do in public?” Yongguk asked feeling a bit uncomfortable, though he personally didn’t mind the feel of the younger’s warmth.

Junhong scrunched his brow, “How?”

“I’m your guard…and there are a lot of royal families around.” Yongguk began.

Junhong frowned at this, seeing where he was going with this. “No. I don’t care that you’re a guard. You’re my friend and I like you.” He rested his head on the elder’s shoulders. “Besides, you’re handsome enough to be thought of as a prince anyway.” Junhong blushed a little at his own words. Though it was a simple compliment, it meant much more to him.

Yongguk smiled at this, however, the sweet moment ended when he made eye contact with Jaebum from afar, his eyes narrowed at him. Yongguk kept himself from growling out loud and forced his mind from wandering.

 

“You’re eating a lot.” Youngjae chuckled at Daehyun as he grabbed his third plate of food. “is it really good?” He asked. The younger hadn’t gotten he chance to eat, since he was currently holding two plates of food for the fire prince. Nor did he want to eat, afraid that he’d throw it back up. The elder shrugged. “It’s pretty good.” He said nonchalant.

Youngjae wasn’t convinced, knowing that he probably didn’t want to admit how good the food actually was. “I’m guessing this is your favorite part of the wedding.” He teased.

“Actually, it’s my second favorite.” Daehyun said, about to reach for the snow prince.

However, a butter knife was thrown at his sleeve, trapping the cloth into the wall behind them.

Youngjae jumped back in surprise.

“What the fu…” Daehyun stopped himself as he looked towards the direction the knife came from. His eyes landed on Kikwang who simply whistled, following Doojoon to the next royal family to greet.

“Daehyun. Do you have an enemy here?” Youngjae whispered, still in shock.

Daehyun pulled the knife out his sleeve. “Something like that.” He remarked, his eyes never leaving Kikwang. Kikwang smirked and winked at him before turning away.

Kyungsoo watched Youngjae the entire time. He’d been worried about him since his return. He had an aching feeling about the entire thing. He wanted to tell Jaejoong, but he promised Youngjae that he wouldn’t. He witnessed the prince go out on his own and cough a few times so that no one would notice. But the coughs looked harsher and harsher the more he did so.

“I’m going to tell Jaejoong.” He finally decided, not caring about his promise anymore. “What is a pretty nurse like you doing alone?” Someone suddenly said.

The nurse let out an exaggerated eye roll. However, his eyes widened when he turned around. “Jongin?” He gasped. The said guard smiled, “Hi Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo gave him a tight hug. J

Please log in to read the full chapter