Chapter 6

Lonesome Fathers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo had never taken care of two children at once, and he had always imagined it to be difficult. But Jondgae and Junmyeon were proving to be quite easy to handle.

Sure, Jongdae was louder and much more energetic than Junmyeon - and Kyungsoo didn’t really allow himself to think about why was that because he didn’t want to be sad - but he listened well and was very eager to please his hyungs.

 

Besides, Kyungsoo wasn’t really alone. He could always count on Junmyeon to keep an eye on the younger boy. The doctor would trust the five-year-old with his life, knowing that Junmyeon was responsible enough to look out for people even at his young age.

 

The first thing he watched Junmyeon do as soon as he opened the door to his flat was help little Jongdae out of his shoes. Being a year older, Junmyeon was less clumsy than the four-year-old thus such tasks were a little bit easier for him.

Kyungsoo was amused, and unbelievably proud, as his son helped the younger boy place his little shoes on the shoe rack by the door before quickly ushering him to his room. Probably too excited to show Jongdae his toys.

 

With a fond smile Kyungsoo too got rid of his shoes, and slowly he dragged his very heavy bag to his study, placing it somewhere without thinking too much. He’d come back to it after Junmyeon was asleep, he had to take a few things out and replace some other things before work.

 

As he walked to his son’s room, he couldn’t help but to think how surreal it was that he was taking care of two children on a Friday night. A year ago, he wouldn’t even have his son with him, and if he were honest with himself, he’d probably still be at the hospital - being scolded by Yifan and fussed over by every nurse and Chanyeol.

 

But now there he was, about to face a great challenge: bathing two very excited toddlers.

 

“Kids…?” He called out softly, slowly poking his head into Junmyeon’s room to see both little boys playing on he floor. Lots of Junmyeon’s teddies and dolls carefully arranged into a semicircle facing the two boys. It appeared as though they were having a very important meeting.

“Am I interrupting something?” he asked, a small smile on his face as he leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms.

Junmyeon shook his little head, but Jongdae took it upon himself to explain the situation. “We were about to decide who’s going to be the leader of our superhero group, hyung~” he whined, a little pout on his kittenish lips.

“Sounds like a very tough choice, you guys” he chuckled, very amused by this new concept. A superhero group starring Jongdae, Junmyeon and a plethora of the boy's stuffed animals.

 

The world was truly in for a ride.

 

“It is” Junmyeon mumbled, a frown on his little face. “I was saying Princess Leia should be the leader, but she doesn’t want to be…” he pointed at the doll to his left, a disappointed look on his face.

“Well, won’t this be much easier to decide when you’re both clean and comfy out of those school uniforms?”

The five-year-old seemed to ponder, thinking about what his father suggested very carefully before agreeing with a nod.

 

Jongdae however, was left a little confused by Kyungsoo.

 

“Is it bath time, hyung?” he asked, and was pleasantly surprised when the man picked him up and settled him on his hip.

It was odd, he was used to being picked up and snuggled by mum and dad, even Sehun hyung and Yixing gēgē, but Junmyeon’s dad was different. It felt a lot like when his own dad’s picked him up and Jongdae quite liked it.

 

“Yeah, it is bath time, Dae-ah”

 

In the movies, bathing two children was always a task to be taken seriously - and done very car

Please log in to read the full chapter