Chapter 4

Lonesome Fathers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo didn’t really have much time to keep thinking about the handsome man he met at his son’s school. As soon as he got to the hospital he was being surrounded by nurses and patients.

He loved his job - it was the realisation of his most fundamental dream, the dream that kept him going even when he had wanted to give everything up. And yet sometimes it could grow a bit overwhelming.

To have the responsibility of healing could weight incredibly hard on a person, specially when you failed to do so. But doctors weren’t gods, they couldn’t always help. And that was the only part Kyungsoo hated about his job.

 

Still, he kept going. From patient to patient, trying to help as many people as he could.

He was kind and gentle, which is why most patients took a liking to him. Even children, who usually were terrified, were okay with seeing Dr.Soo.

 

The young doctor, despite focused on his patients and on his duties, still had his son in the back of his mind. He wondered how was Junmyeon doing - was he having fun? Had he eaten lunch yet? Was he okay?

 

He supposed it was normal. After all, parents never really do stop thinking about their children. Not even after they grow old.

 

The day passed by very quickly, Kyungsoo not even having time to eat as he was called in for an unscheduled surgery. When he finally got time to sit down in his office, Yifan poked his head through his slightly opened door.

“Do you want me to go pick Junmyeon up?” the gentle giant asked, his brown eyes sparkling with concern for the younger male.

Kyungsoo shot up and looked at his watch. He was two minutes late! . “No, no. Thank you, hyung. I got it”

 

“I’ll lock up for you. Your shift is over anyway.” Yifan stated as he watched Kyungsoo gather his things.

 

“Tell Junmyeon Uncle Fanfan misses him very much!” the Chinese man screamed as the younger doctor walked out into the parking area.

 

In record time, Kyungsoo made it to the school only five minutes later. He was nervous that Junmyeon would be upset at him for being late. Which was illogical given that his son was very smart and knew that sometimes being a doctor meant being late.

He was also excited to hear about Junmyeon’s day. He always hoped to see his baby smile as he spoke about the things he did at school. But that rarely happened.

 

With quick steps Kyungsoo made his way to the gate, and soon his eyes found the little boy he was looking for. Junmyeon was standing there, his little backpack safely on his back, while he clutched something to his chest.

 

That in itself made Kyungsoo’s curiosity spark.

 

“Jun!” He spoke, perhaps a little louder than he used to, but he was not disappointed when his little angel looked up startled, only to smile the cutest and brightest smile Kyungsoo had seen in a while. Upon seeing that, the man couldn’t stop himself from mimicking the adorable smile with one of his own.

The boy ran up to his father, still clutching something to his chest. “Hi, honey” Kyungsoo said as he scooped his son up, relishing in the feeling of finally having Junmyeon secure in his arms.

 

So maybe he had a bit of separation anxiety, but that was totally justified.

 

“Hi dad…” Junmyeon mumbled softly, nuzzling his head on his father’s shoulder. He felt happier now that his dad was there. And that he was being held. The child had always been quite clingy, loving to snuggle up to people he trusted.

While he took the boy to the ca

Please log in to read the full chapter