Meeting The Aces

I Won't Do Anything The Aces Say [HIATUS]

Another day faces the streets of Tokyo, the Sun caressing everything its light touched, ranging from houses, to trees, even to a high school student standing in 163 centimeters. Her brown hair was blown by the morning wind as her orbs opened slowly, greeting the symbol of hope. She exhaled and took idle steps to school.

Her name was Miyawaki Sakura. She was able to change. She escaped day after day of being at rock bottom and now, she’s finally standing in a bright place…

…or so she thought.

“Yah…”

Sakura could curse the heavens for such a voice. For a moment, she thought she was going to have a peaceful morning but she gulped and greeted the reason for such.

“Confirmation notice for Miss Miyawaki.”

Black hair, tall figure, school uniform, y facial features, hottest ace and angel. That’s what her eyes see.

Wait, what?

Sakura couldn’t think of a refute as she froze, feeling a hand brushing her chin. She was greeted by an eye-smile then a fiery stare, a stare that could make you weak in seconds.

“I give a notice to my cherry-blossomed pawn. I hope she obeys me without fail.”

The distance became lesser with every passing seconds as the boundary was sealed through lips. Sakura gulped, feeling her heart thump and her hand becoming involuntary as it reached for the latter’s neck.

But alas. The latter lets herself go. Sakura returned to reality and snapped. “Hey! You should stop that! It’s not like I’m going to obey everything you do!”

The latter was triggered again, inching closer to the cherry blossom again.

“There’s no way out, cherry blossom. You WILL do what I say for you don’t have a choice.” The taller gave an eye-smile. “That will be all.”

The taller walked away just like a model on a runway. Sakura looked back, her inner conscience admiring her walking figure while she cursed.

“That stupid giraffe of a Black Ace and Black Angel…”

Sakura yelped as she saw the latter look at her, hearing her raising voice. “I’m sorry, what was that?!”

Sakura looked away as the taller finally left. She huffed and was disrupted by another call.

“Sakura-chan~”

Another woman came and walked like the conglomerate she was. Unlike the reaction towards the first, Sakura plastered a smile and greeted her with great fervor. “Good morning~”

Dark brown hair, very sassy grin, school uniform with a turtleneck underneath, most charming devil of an ace. That’s what her eyes saw next.

Wait, what again?

“Good morning, Sakura-chan.” She greeted, pointing a finger on her lips. “Please press the start button.”

“What?” Sakura was flustered. “Are you going to pretend to be my girlfriend again or are you going to include me in your harem?”

“No. The harem doesn’t even begin to cover it. Our pretend relationship’s over.”

Only for a week. At least, that’s what they agreed…

“You’re right…” Sakura sighed, reminding herself that it was over.

Sakura was stopped by a pair of hands holding her arms. She was faced towards the same girl again.

“From now on, we’re going to have a different kind of relationship…so please press the  start button.”

Sakura was hesitant but the latter showed her how. She grabbed Sakura’s hand and lets her point finger press onto her bottom lip. Then, she reached to cup the cherry blossom’s face, looking straight into her brown orbs.

“I’ll teach you what real love is…”

The same thing repeated itself as lips pressed onto each others and a particular heart was pounding to the extreme. The second latter lets herself go and patted Sakura’s head. “I’ll see you later.”

Sakura watched her walk with grace, all the while her fingers pressed onto her own lips as her head was confused with a lot of questions.

What just happened? What the heck was that? What was that one kiss after the other?

Since she, Miyawaki Sakura, did not understand the craziness that just happened, she decides to take a moment down memory lane, especially towards the series of events that led her to this particular moment.


“Miyawaki’s plain, gloomy and ugly!!”

It was in middle school. It was still the same Miyawaki Sakura yet she had a different look back in the days. She had black long hair, wore glasses, and wore a baggy set of uniform. Her days were always met with bullying, catcalling, even threats.

It was the usual school days but whenever Sakura walked onto stairs, she was always tripped to the bottom, giving her a sole reminder to herself that was she plain, gloomy, and at rock bottom.

“What the heck is she doing?” A classmate spat and it followed with a dose of laughter.

The crowd diminished and so did her self-esteem. Then again, she didn’t have a choice but to get up and go on with life again.

At the back of her mind, she made her sure to change for the better.

+++

That objective was met. She changed her look and a transfer added to that course of action. With her parents’ work, she transferred to a school with a dorm.

Here she was, a silver parcel on tow as much as a bag dangled on her shoulders. Nonetheless, she finally arrived at the dorm. She was greeted by the rest of the dormers, with a tall foreign female calling someone.

“Boss Kirin! The new dormer’s here!”

Sakura chuckled of the call but as a very fine woman got out, she had agape. She would’ve guessed that it was Boss Kirin herself.

Sakura gulped. She stood quite a height, had very good body proportions, had long reddish-brown hair, and delivered an eye-smile that made spectators adore her and that made the Sun jobless. She was also cute because she wore a giraffe-themed apron and held a feather duster.

Sakura joined the admiration brigade...but it was all gone when Boss Kirin showed a stale face.

“And you are?”

“Uh…I’m moving in the dorm today. My name’s Miyawaki Sakura.”

“I’m the head of this dormitory, Lee Kaeun.” She spoke, throwing the duster hard in which the tall foreign kid had caught. “Yunjin, return that duster!”

“Right away, Boss Kirin!” She nodded and went inside.

Sakura was a little scared with the sudden approach but it faded the moment Kaeun gave her eye-smiles. Kaeun got closer to her and Sakura wondered, feeling love at first sight.

“Let me carry those for you.” Kaeun got her luggage then spoke again. “Follow me.”

Sakura nodded and became a tail for Kaeun. She was also told about the policies inside the dorm and being new, she listened to them. Kaeun also gave questions and Sakura willingly answered all of them.

“Here’s your room and your key. I suggest you get a duplicate.” Kaeun spoke while putting her luggage down properly. “Dinner’s at 7 so don’t be late.”

“Yes.” Sakura bowed. “Thank you, Kaeun-san…”

Sakura would’ve raised her head up when she heard Kaeun wince. She gulped, seeing Kaeun’s hair stuck onto the button of her jacket. Sakura was panicked and pulled a lot, causing Kaeun impatience and more pain.

“Stop pulling.” Kaeun’s tone changed into a cold one. “Do it slowly.”

Sakura tried to do so but she was still panicky. For Kaeun, her patience withered that she spat. “Get it off right now!”

, what should I do? Sakura thought. She’s going to kill me!

“One!!”

Sakura gulped and looked around, her eyes stopping towards a pair of scissors. She grabbed the object and made the motion to cut Kaeun’s hair off.

The strands on the button fell and Kaeun wasn’t stuck anymore.

But alas. Wrong move.

“What did you do?” Kaeun spoke, her eyes glaring at the cherry blossom.

Sakura got on defense mode and covered her face with the closed scissors. She felt so dumb. She shouldn’t have cut her hair.

“I’m asking you of what you did just now!!” Kaeun spat, voice growing louder.

“Ahh!!! I’m very sorry!!” Sakura groveled, scissor still on hold. “I-I’ll clean it up!!”

Sakura would’ve gone to get a broom when Kaeun blocked her, her body pinned. Kaeun’s hand slammed on the wall. Sakura gulped and shivered as her heart pounded because of admiration and fear.

“You’ve done something unimpressive for someone who’s new.” Kaeun began. “Because of what you did to the dorm head, you’ll be punished for that.”

What in the actual ?

“I require you to obey my every command…without fail.” Kaeun added, inching closer towards the cherry blossom. “Get the picture?”

Sakura didn’t have the proper brain to render everything. The next thing she knew, her first kiss was stolen.

It was for Sakura. She had no experience in love and here she was, getting her first kiss from the dorm head who was a stupid giraffe and a Black Angel.

An admirable Black Angel.

Wait, what?

Kaeun lets go and went off, leaving a stale cherry blossom.

“Yah, cherry blossom!!” Sakura heard her call. “Your service starts now!”

Sakura’s mind was still loading but her body followed her anyway.

+++

“You better finish picking the trash up.” Kaeun commanded, pointing at the bags. “Get them thrown before dusk.”

“Then can I go?” Sakura asked, sighing.

Kaeun nodded once then went. Sakura would’ve gone away and escape but something in her mind was holding her back to do the task.

Sakura sighed as she finished picking up. She got the bags and went at the warehouse where the main dumpster was and hoisted them up. But , they were heavy and they fell on the floor. They also opened as bits of garbage scattered.

“What the hell did you do?!”

Sakura yelped and saw Kaeun. She had the usual stale face that could send you to death and that’s what Sakura felt as Kaeun drew closer and got her pinned on a bed of rubber.

“What are you-“ Sakura would’ve let go when Kaeun pinned her hands.

She felt her heart pound of the distance and of the fact that Kaeun cut her hair short and dyed it black. She was also reminded of the little mistake she did that started her service to the Black Angel and it cringed her to the bone. Sakura was lost until she was released and pulled back up.

“Pick those trash up again.” Kaeun snapped.

“Y-Yes, Boss Kirin!” Sakura obeyed and went to pick every trash that lingered.

Sakura did it as quick as she could, fearing that Kaeun will get impatient. As she finished, she slowly and surely puts the bags inside one at a time. She huffed and wondered as Kaeun remained, looking at her like a tall giraffe.

“Uhh…can I go now?”

“Did I forbid you?” Kaeun asked.

“N-No…”

Kaeun got a stick and held Sakura’s chin up, saying. “Then go. And next time, don’t be s-l-o-p-p-y. Get it?”

Sakura nodded and went off like a scaredy cat.

+++

It was the start of the first day in class. A name was on the board and a cherry blossom was at the front to greet the whole class. After the introductions, the teacher points to her seat, second to the last on the right side of the teacher’s table.

Sakura nodded and did a final bow before going to her seat.

“You’re late, Lee Kaeun.” The teacher spoke.

“I apologize. Dorm head duties.”

Sakura felt her world stop. Her eyes looked at the last vacant seat, reminding herself that she was ed up because Kaeun sat at her back. Nonetheless, the two got to their seats.

The moment Sakura sat on her seat was also the start of another ‘decent’ day. The cherry blossom could cry for help towards the heavens as she felt a little pinch on her neck.

“Good morning…and nice to meet you, Miss Miyawaki Sakura.” She heard a cold whisper.

“G-Good morning, K-Kaeun-san…” She whispered back. “Can you, like, let go of me?”

Kaeun did just that and Sakura exhaled. Sakura regained composure and decided to listen to the class.

+++

“That would be all for today. Don’t forget to finish your assignment and pass them tomorrow.”

The class had their responses and it was time for dismissal. Despite the students getting out of their classroom, Sakura was still at her seat writing something.

“Yah, cherry blossom!”

Sakura was distracted with her work and wasn’t paying attention. Her mind had been blank but somehow, memories of homework and a certain someone mixed up inside.

Her mind came back as she saw Kaeun reading the piece of paper that she wrote on. “Why’s my name in here-“

“Kaeun-san, give that back!” Sakura reacted as she reached for it.

Kaeun was taller than her that getting that paper was impossible. Sakura wasn’t giving up but alas, the reaching made her trip onto her own shoes. She looked to see Kaeun crumpling the paper and throwing it out of the window.

“Yah! That was my homework!”

“Homework with my name and some doodles? Okay. I’ll consider that.” Kaeun gave her touches of sarcasm while sticking a tongue.

“You threw it! You have to go get it!” Sakura snapped, her ears redder than Rudolph’s nose.

“No way. Find it yourself.” Kaeun spat, looking away.

Sakura huffed, grabbed her things and went out. She went towards the botanical garden where the paper was thrown and became a distressed damsel looking for it. She managed to find it on some weeds when she was greeted by a pair of feet.

“You could’ve just jumped out the window and saved energy instead of running around the building.” Sakura looked up, seeing Kaeun leap out gracefully.

Sakura sighed and got the paper. She faced Kaeun with an angry look. “Hey! Who do you think you are taking other people’s work?!”

“And who are you to write someone else’s name and drawing hearts around it?” Kaeun batted back, silencing the cherry blossom. “Is that even considered homework?”

Sakura looked away and her face became red like her ears. Kaeun pulled her closer and Sakura was face to face with her. Kaeun’s eyes met Sakura’s and the cherry blossom was more ed up.

Kaeun pinched her cheeks and Sakura felt herself turn to jelly.

“Please don’t get carried away with your actions again.” She added a wink.

Sakura was lost at that look and but she felt that the paper’s gone in her hands. Kaeun smirked with it in hand and she threw it again, making Sakura ran back to get it. Sakura got it again and she huffed, looking at Kaeun walk away.

“What is she, a stupid giraffe?!” She batted.

“Stupid doesn’t even begin to cover her personality.”

Sakura looked up and she saw another woman. She was shorter than Kaeun yet the aura she delivered was similar, making Sakura duck.

“Hey…no need to be scared, pretty.” She spoke and crouched. “I won’t bite unless you want me to.”

Sakura looked up slowly and saw a gorgeous and sassy student. She had a smirk but she looked at it as a simple smile. If Sakura summed up her aura, she was like a White Devil, her salvation against the Black Angel.

“You okay?” The woman lent a hand.

Sakura nodded and accepted the hold. She was hoisted up and had her hand shaken.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Miyawaki.” She delivered her sassy smile.

“Eh? How did you know me?”

“I live in the same dorm as you.” She spoke. “I’m the vice head of the dorm, Matsui Jurina.”

Sakura gasped and bowed formally to greet her. But then, its compensation was a pair of hands fixing her up. Sakura looked to see Jurina close to her, hands snaking on her waist.

“A cherry blossom like you needed a little clean.” Jurina smiled. “See you at dinner, cherry blossom.”

Sakura nodded and watched her go towards some women. Majority of her first impression was a good one but she sighed seeing Jurina being a flirt.

Kaeun and Jurina, having different personalities with tweaks in it.

+++

Sakura huffed in frustration as she was running late in her class. Kaeun had assigned her to clean the bathrooms so early that she was on a delay preparing herself to school. She even had to run despite at it.

Her limbs dangled like a flappable inflatable figure in a mattress store as she ran, not knowing that a biker of a student was close to hitting her.

“Watch it!”

Sakura yelped as she felt herself being pulled and seeing a view of the white devil.

“My, my…please be careful, cherry blossom,” Jurina spoke.

Their position remained. Sakura looked like she was brought down after being carried bridal style by Jurina. Jurina delivered another smile and it made Sakura’s heart flutter.

The second bell rang and Sakura sighed as she was really late for class.

“Why don’t you come with me to the café?” Jurina spoke, standing her back up. “Let me compensate after holding you back from the running.”

“Eh? But Jurina-san-“

“No buts, pretty. Come with me.” Jurina spat as she wrapped an arm around Sakura’s shoulder.

She didn’t have a choice. It was her own compensation for Jurina’s way of saving her.

+++

The two were facing each other eating strawberry shortcakes. They talked a lot and got to know each other, sparing reactions in between. They shared their recent jokes on puppies when Jurina stopped, looking at Sakura with cream on the edge of her lips.

Jurina reached for it and Sakura was frozen. The bit of cream was now on her thumb. “You got some on your face.”

Sakura would’ve smiled of the gesture but she gasped as Jurina it off of her fingers then delivering her smile.

Eh?!!! What the was that?!!

“Delicious.” Jurina winked.

Sakura could faint at any moment. Jurina was causing too many mishaps in her heartstrings.

“Hey. I have something to tell you.”

“What is it, Jurina-san?”

“I was reminded of how you talked about dating and all…” Jurina shrugged.

“And?”

“How about I pretend to be your girlfriend?”

“Huh?” Sakura was dazed, shocked even.

“It’s only for a week. What do you say?” Jurina grinned.

Sakura did talk about such thing, wanting to date and all. But then, Jurina’s proposition was too abrupt.

Or is it?

“It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity,” Jurina said, pointing at her lips. “If you decide to go for it, please press the start button.”

“Jurina-san…”

“I’ll give you a minute,” Jurina said as she closed her eyes.

Sakura wondered of the mishap she got herself into but her inner conscience dominated with desperation. As a result, Sakura gulped and pressed Jurina’s lips like it was a button.

The sassy dog opened her eyes and held her hand. “Okay. Let’s go on our first date, my girlfriend.”

Sakura didn’t have a moment of protest when she was pulled up to go with Jurina.

+++

The date was too good to be true. It was a time for food, places, and cherished memories filled with love. Sakura had the inner desire of feeling that love and Jurina’s sudden yet chivalric motions sufficed.

“Sakura-chan, I want to take you somewhere special. This will be the last part.” Jurina spoke.

Sakura didn’t mind as she lets herself be controlled by the woman in white. With various steps and wonderful moments of holding hands, they arrived at the place that made Sakura freak out. The sudden gasp turned an almost pissed sigh.

“Jurina-san, what are we doing in a love hotel?” Sakura pointed.

“Come on~ let’s spice the date up-“

Jurina stopped when Sakura lowered her head. It was a painful sight for her that she held her hand and they left. “Sorry…”

Sakura could kick Jurina’s . Her white devil side just came out again.

“Just don’t do it again,” Sakura mumbled.

“You don’t seem to know how to love someone. I just wanted to show you how to love, Sakura-chan. It’s why we dated.”

“Thanks.” Sakura sighed. “I feel so hopeless.”

Jurina stopped their walk and faced the cherry blossom, a hand reaching to pat her head. “It’s okay. Saying things honestly while being cute is part of your justice.”

Alas. A wink added the set of words and Sakura felt like she was on the air.

“Come on. Let’s go back to the dorm. I think we’ll call it a day.” Jurina said.

Sakura could only nod and follow.

+++

Another day came and Sakura was called by Jurina to go on a date with her at a party. Sakura agreed yet as they arrived at the venue, she was nervous.

“You’ll be fine, Sakura-chan.” Jurina held her hand. “I’m right here with you.”

Sakura nodded and they got inside a grand party. It was like the luxury of crazy rich Asians as guests wore in fine clothing and talked like the rich people they were.

“Wait here. I’ll get us some drinks.” Jurina lets her sit down.

Sakura nodded and became still. She looked around and she felt uneasy because there were other girls looking at her and mumbling about her and Jurina.

Jurina was really famous in school and somehow, seeing the White Devil with an ordinary girl like her caused a stir.

“Ignore them.” Another girl sat next to her. “Nice to meet you. I’m Shiroma Miru.”

“Miyawaki Sakura.” The cherry blossom greeted back.

“Miyawaki?” Miru’s fiery eyes went wide. “You’re the daughter of CEO Miyawaki, right?”

Sakura nodded and Miru wowed. “I am…but I intend to keep a low profile.”

“I understand.” Miru nodded. “So the Red Ace invited you, hm?”

“Red Ace?”

Miru sighed as she placed her drink down. “You need a briefing of the two aces in our school, Sakura-san.”

“Eh? What briefing?”

“Oi, Miru-chan~” A woman that had a bad appeal came. “Who’s this lovely lady you got here?”

“Buzz off, Kato Yuka. We’re talking here.” Miru spat.

“No need to get testy. Can’t I join in?” Yuka spoke and got too close to Sakura.

Sakura felt more uneasy. Miru sensed that she pulled Sakura away and they got up. “Sakura-san, let’s talk somewhere else-“

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?!” Yuka stopped them, holding Sakura’s arm too tight.

Sakura was stuck in a dilemma. The other guests were watching and Miru got into the situation, to think they just met.

It was all stopped when someone entered. All girls squealed but the woman paid no heed and went to them.

“And who do you think you’re holding to?” She spat, driving Yuka’s hand away.

Yuka was enraged that she delivered a punch in which the girl dodged. The other guests couldn’t utter any sound while they were impressed. Yuka shoved a pull cart towards her but she was stopped and got a kick on the face instead.

“Kaeunnie~ you made it to my party~” Jurina clapped as she places the drinks down.

“You and your antics, Jurina…”

Sakura was still taken aback. She couldn’t believe that the Black Angel saved her.

“Yah.” Kaeun looked at Sakura. “Let’s go home.”

Sakura’s mind was buffering. A part of her didn’t want to because one, she had a new friend and two, there was Jurina. For the other, she wanted to go because she was close to getting harassed.

“It’s okay, Sakura-chan. You can go ahead.” Jurina said.

“You too.” Kaeun spat at the other ace.

“But this is my party. Besides, I asked Akimoto-san’s permission to extend my curfew hours.” Jurina smiled.

Kaeun rolled her eyes and glared at Sakura to obey her. The cherry blossom didn’t have a choice but to follow. Jurina was taken aback but with the current situation, she gained her composure again.

“Mind me for the intervention, everyone. Please go on with your endeavors.”

Being the charmer she was, the girls obeyed and resumed. Miru sighed and went to get some air as Yuka finally woke up, with Jurina pushing her playfully to rest on the couch.

She spared a look at the door where Kaeun and Sakura left. She felt bummed that her date was taken but instead of feeling anger, she had a devious smirk.

This is interesting…

+++

Sakura had recovered herself from the mishap through a bath and a good change of clothes. She was resting in her room when she heard a sound from a flute.

It was a very melodious and soothing tone that Sakura went to look for the source of it. It led her to the recreational room, specifically towards the music room. She got to the open space when the sight shocked her.

Who knew the source of a good melody was a Black Angel?

“What are you doing here?”

Sakura gulped and greeted. “I’m so sorry to disturb you, Kaeun-san. I wondered where the music came from.”

Kaeun didn’t spare a glance and would’ve played when she looked at Sakura again. Sakura’s heart was beating frantically with that one gaze but realizing the situation, she had disturbed the Black Angel from her creative outlet.

“I’m sorry again. I shall go now.”

“Stay.”

Sakura moved another inch away and Kaeun clicked her tongue. Sakura didn’t have a choice and went back. She was told to sit next to the Black Angel as she wondered what to do.

“Do you play?” Kaeun asked.

“I’m sorry, Kaeun-san. I don’t.”

“Do you want to know how?” Kaeun asked again.

Sakura became honest and nodded. Kaeun got another instrument, far different from the one she used. For a moment, Sakura thought she’d be using Kaeun’s instrument but realizing the effect, she decided not to dig onto it.

“This is a recorder. It’s a little different from the flute but it’s a start to learn how to play the flute itself.” Kaeun began, lending Sakura the instrument.

Sakura gulped and received it. She tried to prepare herself when Kaeun was behind her, arms almost wrapped around her statures as her bigger hands were on top of Sakura’s smaller ones. It sent butterflies in Sakura’s stomach but a little lesson was of the main importance here.

Kaeun taught her a little piece only through her actions. Sakura blew and looked at Kaeun’s hands guiding her own as every note was played slowly. It was a sudden yet meaningful experience, making Sakura realize that even if there were moments that she thought Kaeun was a stupid giraffe, there might also be moments where Kaeun might be the nicest giraffe ever.

Kaeun carrying her luggage and this private lesson were her defenses. She thought, even hoped, that there will more times like this again.

+++

Sakura had mishaps in most of her mornings but never in her life would such mishaps involve two familiar women.

“Oi. Let’s go to school.” Kaeun spat.

“Let’s go, Sakura-chan,” Jurina spoke with the usual courtesy.

She felt that she would be thrown in a tug of war between the two aces. The next thing she’d know, she had gotten involved with the aces.

They were dubbed as aces in school. Jurina was the Red while Kaeun was the Black.

“I’m afraid she’ll only go with one person.” Jurina started and inched closer.

Sakura gulped. With Jurina’s every step, she took one backward, up until she was pinned on the wall outside the dorm.

“Would you mind coming with me and do what I say?” Jurina asked as she delivered her smile.

Sakura would’ve enjoyed admiring the Red Ace-slash-White Devil when the Black Ace-slash-Black Angel intervened, her hand slamming the wall hard. She managed to pin Sakura and shoved Jurina to the side. Now the two aces had pinned the cherry blossom into place.

“I asked her first, Jurina. She’s mine, to begin with.” Kaeun spat. “She’ll only obey me.”

“I wonder if that’s really the case.” Jurina glared at Kaeun and spat back.

Sakura gulped of her predicament, freezing as the aces faced her.

“It is, isn’t it?” Kaeun asked, voice colder than ice.

“Is it?” Jurina asked, voice soft as usual.

Sakura was damned of her situation. Although a part of her realized that the two aces were just hanging out with her on a whim, she couldn’t help but want to know the two a little more.

“Let’s just go together, shall we?” Sakura pushed them off as she was getting pissed.

Jurina chuckled whereas Kaeun wondered of the feisty nature. Nonetheless, the two followed the cherry blossom until they got close to their rooms.

“Kaeunnie, why aren’t we classmates?” Jurina huffed. “How am I supposed to see my Sakura-chan?”

“Because we’re both from Section A and you’re from Section B.” Kaeun shrugged.

They would’ve continued when Kaeun got in front of Sakura. An old rag would’ve hit Sakura but she was on the protective mode by kicking it away...

...or was she?

Sakura was damned. Did the stupid giraffe and the blackest of the angelic ace protect her?

“Kaeun-san, thank you-“

“Aish, my uniform’s dirty.” Kaeun cursed then glared. “Why are you looking at me? Why does someone like you need to thank me?”

Sakura fumed internally. That stupid giraffe!!!

“Yah, Jurina. Let’s go and grab something to eat.” Kaeun spat and went ahead.

Jurina sighed then tossed something to Sakura. “Onigiri for you, pretty.”

“Eh? This is yours, right?”

“Yeah. It’s supposed to be my breakfast but I want you to have it.” Jurina winked. “Besides, I have to eat with Kaeunnie.”

Sakura huffed and was left while the aces went. She realized that her involvement with the aces was going to change her high school life forever.


The speed of events returned to normal and it was back to the present. Sakura had a different thought, though. Her mind was on air and was blank like an unused notebook. She didn’t have an idea what’s going on and ended us asking God for help and begging an answer to the kisses she had got.

Alas. The bell rang, signaling that it was time for class. Sakura got back to reality and ran to her class.