1/1

Petals for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it's the way his eyes sparkle when listening to people talk, maybe it's the way he smiles at dogs in the park, maybe it's the way he laughs at the dumbest jokes that people find corny. But Jaehyun finds himself staring at his friend of three years, Johnny Seo, whenever their group of friends decide to hang out. Like right now, they are at a cafe with a bunch of people but Jaehyun's eyes are locked on a brunette boy with chocolate eyes who is busy laughing at Mark's lame joke. 

 

"He's gonna melt sooner or later" Sicheng nudged Jaehyun's arm, the latter sighed.

 

"Sicheng-ah, I don't know, he's just so perfect haha" Jaehyun awkwardly grinned when Johnny looked at the two

 

"Yo guys, did you order already though? It's my treat" Johnny gave them a thumbs up and the two just nodded

 

Jaehyun stared at his own hands, what would it feel like to hold Johnny's hand on a winter day like this? Would it be magical? His thoughts were interrupted when a petite boy walked to their table with a tray of hot drinks and cakes. The boy had a huge smile on his face as he served the food. "Thanks Tennie" Johnny smiled, the waiter's face turned red, Jaehyun thought, 'who wouldn't blush on that sight?' but Johnny sure knows who that Tennie is. Is he a competition? Jaehyun balled up his fists.

 

 

---

 


Jaehyun shares one class with Johnny, world literature, Jaehyun is a nursing student while Johnny is a law student, they only share one subject and it's English. Jaehyun met Johnny through his friends: Taeyong and Yuta, the trio share the same age so Johnny was kinda required to join their circle of friends. Jaehyun thought sharing a class with Johnny will be a thrill, he can just stare at Johnny's nape throughout the class but what surprised him was that Tennie boy running in late and sitting right next to Johnny. 


Maybe it's because Jaehyun wears glasses and dresses on comfy clothes like sweaters and sweatpants, maybe it's because Johnny dresses coolly and is popular, maybe it's because Ten's smile is perfect and he looks good next to Johnny, Jaehyun can only stare as the two shared small smiles throughout the class.

 

 


---

 

 

 


Taeyong decided it would be fun to throw a party on a Wednesday night, everyone was thrilled because they felt like they were bad boys, breaking the rules and drinking in the middle of the week, but Jaehyun found himself sitting between Sicheng and Yuta who are obviously flirting with each other verbally. Jaehyun was holding a cup of cheap iced tea with vodka as he stood up, giving privacy to the soon-to-be couple. He made his way through the crowd and walked over to the kitchen, that's where he found Johnny playfully pinching Ten's cheeks as he lazily sways his hips along the music, they were sharing low giggles on their own world. Jaehyun's chest hurted like hell, he felt like his lungs were burning, he quickly ran to the bathroom just in case he throws up and he did, 

 

 


He threw up a bunch of white petals.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 


Jaehyun has been hiding it from everyone, it's a rare disease anyway, it's too risky, hanahaki disease only happens when you love someone too much, more than yourself, that you start throwing up flowers to express that love. Jaehyun researched about the petals and it was a flower called Gardenia, which symbolizes "secret love" it was kind of ironic how the flower describes his love for Johnny Seo, who is probably and most likely, in love with a Thai boy named Ten.

 

 

 

 


---

 

 

 


Maybe it's the way Johnny chews on the tip of his pen in an adorable manner, or the way Johhny's hair sways along the cold breeze of January, but Jaehyun found his hot chocolate warmer as he sat next to Johnny, on a bench in the campus. Jaehyun's nose was red, he was bundled up in thick clothes, green gloves warm and crisp on his pockets. It was right after his Literature class that Johnny wanted to talk to Jaehyun personally.

 


"Hey Jae, do you think Ten likes me? I'm too shy to ask Taeyong and Yuta but I really wanna know"   

 


And Jaehyun's chest started tightening again.

 


"I uh...I think you look good together, I gotta ran to my next class" Jaehyun grinned and he quickly ran off, hand patting his chest, he had to stop and lean on a wall, breathing deeply as he felt pain in his chest, something will come out again.

 


Crimson red rose petals, and a bit of his blood. There were small thorns as well.

 

Mourning.

 

 

---

 

 

Sicheng gasped at the sight, he quickly ran to his friend, patting his ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter