The Mansion

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd PERSON'S POV

 

"Appa, where are we going?" A little girl asked his father as they walked towards the big gate of a mansion.

 

"To work Dara, your Appa finally got a job!" He excitedly said as he smiled at his daughter.

 

"Really Appa? We can buy ice cream now?" She said and his father chuckled upon hearing her little request.

 

"Yes princess, we can and cakes too." He said. He laughed when he saw her jumped merrily as she clapped her hands.

 

He let go of her hands as he pushed the doorbell installed by the gate. A voice suddenly talked from the intercom startling Dara.

 

"Good Morning, this is butler Jung speaking. Who do you want to speak with?"

 

"Good Morning, this is Park Shin-yang. Mr. Kwon asked for my presence. Is he there?" He answered. Dara gaped at his father, amazed by the device he was using. This is the first time she'd seen it.

 

"Yes, he's here. The gate is now open. You may now enter." The butler instructed.

 

Shin-yang smiled at his daughter who was still mesmerized by how they communicate using the device. "Dara, let's go." He said as he urged her to walk. widened even more when she saw how big the place was. It has a big lawn with blooming flowers everywhere. The trees and bushes were designed to entertain the eyes of anyone who visits. A big gazebo beside a huge fountain can accommodate lots of people if they decided to hold an event. Everything screams richness as they walked to the path towards the mansion.

 

"Appa, Appa!! Can I knock on the door? Pleeaasee???" Dara pleaded upon reaching the huge wooden door of the mansion.

 

"Ok, Dara. But be careful ok?"

 

"Ok!" Dara grinned at his father and started knocking on the door.

 

The door opened and they were welcomed by the butler whom they talked to earlier. He smiled to them and gestured to come inside. Dara's mouth formed a big 'O' upon seeing the inside of the mansion. It was huge and the decorations were impressive she can't take her eyes off them. There was a big chandelier hanging on the ceiling lighting the whole room. Her marveling of the whole place was interrupted when she heard someone talked.

 

"Good Morning Mr. Park. Thank you for granting my invitation." A man in his early 40's greeted them and ushered them inside the living room. He pointed at the couch for them to sit.
 

"And who is this young lady with you, may I ask?"

 

"This is my daughter, Dara. I'm sorry for bringing her with me, I don't have someone to take care of her while I'm gone." Shin-yang bowed his head to apologize but Mr. Kwon stopped him.

 

"It’s ok. I actually want to meet your daughter and wife. Is she around?" Mr. Kwon asks him but noticed him becoming stiff upon mentioning his wife. He was about to apologize but Shin-yang beat him to it.

 

"I'm sorry sir. She's gone. It's just the two of us now." He answered and lowered his gaze. Dara looked at his father somberly as she remembered what happened to them. Her grip to his father's hand tightened to get his attention. His father averted his gaze to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

 

Mr. Kwon noticed the gesture they shared and felt guilty of mentioning what seems to be a sensitive topic.

 

"Oh, I’m sorry to hear that." He said and shifted on his seat, suddenly thought of their dilemma. "If you’re going to work for me, do you have o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter