xuanyi (on fu jing)

Dichotomy

What’s a nickname that you think suits Fu Jing?

Xuanyi can already hear Fu Jing answering Fu Mingsi. She could laugh about that for a good day. Fu Jing would love to shout across the rooftops about how she’s a badao zongcai, a fierce lion ready to strike, but around Xuanyi she’s more like a cub, sweet and clingy and only capable of meowing when she tries to let out a roar. Well, maybe a few purrs too, if you her right. Ahem. That’s enough of that train of thought.

Fu Jing is proud of her Casanova reputation, proclaiming her nickname of fu xin han like she wants to print it out on a crown and wear it, but she immediately caves at the slightest hint of jealousy from Xuanyi and sidles to her, eyes doleful and shoulders hunched like a kicked puppy. And when she hears about Xuanyi leaving for Korea or the MeiXuan super topic trending again on Weibo, she’ll scowl and purse her lips but insist that there’s nothing wrong, she isn’t bothered at all, and Xuanyi has to coax her into smiling again.

And she won’t even get started on how Fu Jing almost shattered her eardrums when she found a spider crawling across her headboard. Chaoyue went and bought a pack of rubber spiders and left them all across Fu Jing’s room after that, and Xuanyi had to calmly remind Fu Jing that no, they can’t kill one of their members, and no, a similar prank would be unlikely to yield any results on the girl who nonchalantly picked up a dead mouse and went around showing it off.

She has to say, she rather likes how this fierce lion turns into a declawed kitten around her. She wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

Xuanyi is digging into the packet of her second-favourite snack (seaweed will always rule her heart) when she hears a familiar voice yell at her at an ear-splitting octave.

“Laoxuan, are you eating latiao again?”

She freezes, caught in the act, and looks up to see Fu Jing glaring at her with an expression she probably thinks is fearsome but is more cute than anything. Xuanyi rather wants to poke her in the cheek, but she doesn’t want to let go of her latiao.

“No…?” Xuanyi says, giving her best innocent face.

“You’ve been caught red-handed,” Fu Jing says, still with that glare. “Literally.”

Xuanyi guiltily takes her hand out of the bag, and indeed her fingers are dusted with reddish powder.

“What do you have to say for yourself?” Fu Jing demands, putting her hands on her hips.

“You got me,” Xuanyi says, putting the packet down and walking towards Fu Jing. She reaches up and swipes a finger over Fu Jing’s cheek, leaving a faint trail in her wake. Marks a XY and smiles, satisfied.

Fu Jing flushes, a different shade of red joining the latiao powder. Still, she uses a ‘stern’ voice when she continues. “What did I tell you about eating too much latiao on an empty stomach, huh?!”

“It’s unhealthy and will give me stomach problems in the future,” Xuanyi recites dutifully. And then, with a smile, “So it looks like I should eat something before these, right?”

Fu Jing blinks at her, clueless. “What do you want to eat?”

Xuanyi leans forward and nips at her ear before murmuring something that makes Fu Jing’s face turn redder than the latiao. They’re a little occupied after that.

 

Fu Mingsi? Sure, okay.


A/N: A rendition of fierce lion vs. declawed kitten can be found performed by Xuanyi herself here.