fu jing (on xuanyi)

Dichotomy

What’s a word you would use to describe Wu Xuanyi?

Most people would say sweet. Xuanyi is known for being a tianmei shaonü, a sweet young girl, after all, and everything from her smile to voice screams it, like she’s a fruit candy, sweet and refreshing and leaving you wanting for more.

Rather than a fruit candy, Fu Jing would describe Xuanyi more like a liquor-filled chocolate. Sweet and harmless on the outside, rich and intoxicating and dare she say sinful on the inside. It doesn’t take many bites for Fu Jing to become drunk on her.

It might surprise these people to learn that Xuanyi is the designated bug killer in their dorm (along with Chaoyue, that is). Spider, beetle or centipede, she has no problem with catching them with her bare hands, while Meiqi and Fu Jing scamper to the farthest corner of the room.

They don’t know what Xuanyi is like in private. They don’t know how Xuanyi has a way of making a request that’s really an order in disguise. They don’t know how Xuanyi’s eyes flash like the promise of lightning when she’s angry. They don’t know how Xuanyi pins Fu Jing to the bed and nips at her neck until Fu Jing writhes and begs.

Fu Jing is happier that way. She likes keeping this Xuanyi to herself.

 

After a bout of fooling around when Xuanyi is a little…forceful, Fu Jing finds herself blurting out something she’s only thought.

“They should see you like this if they’re just going to call you a sweet young girl again.”

“Am I not a sweet young girl?” Xuanyi says idly. “Are you saying I’m a bitter old woman?”

“If you’re a bitter old woman, then what am I?”

Xuanyi smiles and kisses her nose. “You’re my little lion cub, of course.”

Damn the blush that spreads across her cheeks. Damn the sparkle in Xuanyi’s eyes. Damn the knowing curve of her lips.

Fu Jing huffs. “I’m not a little cub, I’m a full-grown lion, okay? The king of the jungle.”

“Okay, okay, you’re the king of the jungle,” Xuanyi says indulgently. “You’re Fu Mingsi, you’re a badao zongcai, you’re a fu xin han who leaves countless girls crying in heartbreak.”

“Why do you have to say it like that?” Fu Jing whines. “You sound like you’re making it up for my sake.”

“I didn’t make it up,” Xuanyi says innocently. “I’m just saying what the fans call you. Or what you call yourself, I should say.”

“They’re fitting nicknames, okay?”

“The most fitting,” Xuanyi agrees, still with that sparkle in her eyes and knowing smile. “Fu Mingsi, do you think you can spare some more time in your day for your Wu Shancai?”

“That’s not really a question, is it,” Fu Jing says, as Xuanyi leans in for a kiss. Like she would have any other answer than ‘yes’ anyway.

 

Sweet young girl? Yeah, right.


A/N: badao zongcai (霸道总裁) - another nickname Fu Jing has for herself that literally translates to aggressive CEO but means the stereotypical cold, dominant drama male lead type.

fu xin han (傅[负]心汉) - a pun on Fu Jing's last name that means a player / man who plays around with women's hearts. Yandi has actually called Fu Jing this on Weibo.

Fu Jing has called herself "Fu Mingsi" (with Dao Mingsi being the male lead of Meteor Garden) since CZ101, and when they were declaring themselves F4 for a performance, Xuanyi said she'd be Wu Shancai (with Dong Shancai being the female lead). In a recent hilarious parody of MG, she was Fu Mingsi and Xuanyi was Wu Shancai and the result was priceless.