6 The Prince and the Almighty

IZ*One : Everyday As We Dream

6

The Prince and the Almighty

 

Its relatively quite morning at 48Diamonds apartment at least compared to the past few days. It still is the usual morning for most part.

Yuri and Yena are still the same, teasing each other with occasional hugging and giggling.

 

“Yuri-yah” Yena whispers to the other girl’s ears, eliciting a smile. She then pokes Yuri’s cheeks making the younger giggle in return. Eunbi can see the younger girl’s ears turning red.

 

She took a sip of her morning coffee, and put down the mug a little heavier as if protesting. Feels like she is watching something… she should not. This seemingly unresolved tension, something that reminds her of romantic drama’s whose plots she hates.

Eunbi rolls her eyes as she ate one of the sweet buns she baked. Baking is her hobby and ever since she took over she would bake every other day. Bread has been included to the apartment’s morning menu.  Today’s breakfast has been decided to be English style, eggs, sausages, ham and bread. For today she baked two cheesy garlic loaves to make it a bit different. The smell alone is mouth watering.

Thanks to a certain glutton, food budget at the apartment is not something to be worried about. The girl pays extra to ensure she get plenty of food prepared for her. How much extra, let’s just say Eunbi’s eyes pops up when she saw that info from the lease. It’s almost as if that girl is feeding everyone.

 

“Unnie~~~” There she goes, the resident food lover, as she calls for Eunbi’s attention.

 

“Delisshhhiousss…Goffft Jaft… Unnie .. da beshh…” She gestured thumbs up to her as she happily tries to swallow the sandwich made out of the bread she baked. Eunbi somehow manages to understand what she said.

 

“What a hamster.” Is Eunbi’s only thoughts as she watches her amaze how she manages not to choke.

 

 “Careful unnie.” The girl beside her said as she gently pushes a glass of water to the hamster as if she knew that other needs that at that moment. Eunbi is now sure that Chaewon’s role in Hyewon’s life is to ensure the older girl’s survival.

 

“Do you want more?” Chaewon ask while patting her beloved unnie’s back.

 

“hmmmm..” Is the only thing Hyewon can reply as she currently is gulping water, she gesture with her index finger instead to ask for one more sandwich.

 

Chaewon gave her the one she just finished making and subsequently start making another one for herself. Honestly it looks and smells so good.  Chaewon pick a pair of cheesy garlic bread she previously sliced, put some lettuce, tomatoes, which she all prepared, and ham in between, looking elegant as ever.

 

“Can you make one for me to?” Eunbi requested, as she could not stand to just look as her stomach craves for it. 

 

It’s all good as long as Eunbi does not glance to the girls beside princess and hamster. Those two are now feeding each other sausages, making kissy faces, subsequently giggling and tickling each other.

One side you have elegant princess making some sandwiches, beside her is a hamster stuffing her face with food and then two people who very clearly forgot they are not on a date and they are eating breakfast with everyone.  

 

“ehem…” Eunbi clears to call the “lovebirds” attention, reminding them where they are. The two hung their heads and look very apologetic.

 

“ehhehe” is the only thing they can reply, both now looking as red as the tomato Chaewon is slicing.

 

“Are they dating or not?” Eunbi ask herself, last time she check they are not but … She gave up thinking any further.  The two clearly crossed the line of friendship and is probably just afraid to admit it.

 

“Unnie.” Chaewon called for her giving her the recently made sandwich.

 

As she takes it she now notices what is different today and why it’s oddly relatively quiet. The Wons are as usual, the Lovebirds are as usual, the puppy and her caretaker… they are awkward to each other and Chaeyeon is also not herself, she is very fidgety.

Yujin keep glancing to her Minjoo-unnie, who is not talking to her. She can’t really think if she did anything wrong, she thought she was forgiven after she finally took a shower, much to everyone’s relief.

 

“Unnie…” She said in pleading voice as she tilt her head looking at the girl beside her with puppy eyes. Minjoo avoid looking at her and just took a bite of the bread she is holding.

 

“Minjoo Unnie…” Yujin again plead, giving up with the puppy dog eyes attack, she go on full on hug attack.

 

She hugged Minjoo and put her head on the others shoulder, she is confident she smells good today. In the relatively short period they been together, the younger love and adore the older. She hates it when her unnie ignores her.

Minjoo tried to escape at first, gave up and just pats the younger’s head instead. She hopes that Yujin atleast learned her lesson. She was not actually angry, she was just, how should we put it abit embarrassed. 

Yesterday after successfully getting the younger to finally take a bath, her tiredness caught up to her. She does not have the energy to chase after Yujin and getting angry like what happened earlier that day have causes her to spend a lot more energy than necessary. Minjoo fall asleep at the bench she was sitting.

 

She woke up being princess carried by the kid up to her room in the third floor. When she thought no one saw that, which she was gravely wrong, apparently the lovebirds and Chaewon witnessed it.  Chaewon even took a picture, as she found it amusing, let just say she have a weird taste of what is amusing, it feels as if the girl just took it as blackmail material. 

Needless to say Minjoo got teased non-stop by Yuri, Yena and Chaewon in their own respective way.  What she hates is that Yujin does not seem that affected by the teasing rather she is quite proud. Proud that she princess carried Kim Minjoo to her room, what a child.

 

Getting her thoughts back to the present, Minjoo patted the younger’s cheeks. Yujin lifts her head and look straight to her unnies eyes, she asked “Am I forgiven now?”

 

Minjoo pinch her cheeks and replied, “Yes you are, my puppy.” She smiled afterwards which made Yujin’s heart skip a beat and made her very very happy.

 

 “Yayyy!!! Minjoo Unnie – I love you! ” She shouted as if confessing as she hugged the older once again.

 

Everyone’s was let say shocked but they all quickly recover. Sadly for Yujin though her confession, serious or not, was dismissed by Minjoo as some sort of endearment from a younger sister. Ah hopeless one sided love it is.  

 

To the other – with exception of a Hyewon busy at stuffing with sweet buns – Yujin right now in a lot of ways has habits similar to that of young boy with a crush. It makes sense; in a lot of way Yujin have habits that are stereotypically that of boys and also that of hyperactive puppies.

 

“Chayeon-ah, are you allright?” In her trademark sweet as honey tone Hyewon ask with much concern the blonde haired girl sitting on the short end of the table to her left. She looked at her with her brows furrowed.

 

This has diverted Eunbi’s and Chaewon’s attention from the happy puppy to Chaeyeon who is fiddling with the strands of her hair.

 

“Ye..yeahh…” Chaeyeon replied shifting her attention to the fork in front of her and started playing with it.

 

Hyewon noticed that the younger have not touched much of her food. Only few bites from the bread, the eggs and ham are untouched.

 

“Do you not like bread?” She asked while staring at the younger’s untouched food, she is very concerned about the younger but part of her instinctual mind is surely thinking of a way to get those foods down her bottom pit of a stomach.

 

“It’s not like that, I’m … I’m just.” Chaeyeon tried to say, when she was unsuccessful forming something coherent, she just sighed in defeat.

 

“Are you nervous?” Eunbi asked trying to figure out the cause of the younger’s restlessness. Chaeyeon is always reliable in her eyes so this is new sight to Eunbi.

Chaeyeon just nodded in return.

 

“Is this about the meeting later?” Eunbi continued.

 

Chaeyeon again nodded while now fiddling with the edge of the table. 

 

“uhm… I have not. I have not seen her personally in a long time.” She confesses to the eldest her concerns.

 

“I’m just concerned how it will go.” She continued looking at Eunbi with fidgety eyes.

 

Eunbi was about to say something, something along the line of if you don’t like it then maybe we let this pass and let’s just look for another person to fill in the vacancies. One of the vacancies by the way is Chaeyeons roommate slot.  Before she could say that Chaeyeon wave her hand as if to interrupt that thought.

 

“No, no, don’t think what I think you are thinking.” The younger said as if she anticipated what she was going to say.

 

“She is kind… it’s just… probably gonna be awkward after all this time.” She added with a faint smile.

 

“Allright, if you say so. I’ll trust you. ” Eunbi replied as she grabs the girl’s hand that is on the table and squeeze it to give the younger some assurance. 

 

“It’s thanks to you. We are getting the vacant ones filled.” She continued while still holding her hand and smiling proudly to her.

 

“It’s nothing. Unnie. ”Chaeyeon replied shyly.

 

“Aside for the one today, there is also that inquiry from those Japanese students that you have been diligently answering in my steed”. Eunbi said in really thankful tone, trying to ease the younger’s concern.

 

She lifted the younger’s hand, clasp it with both of her hands and put in near her cheeks. She tilted her head and added with a smile.  “Chayeon-ah is really kind and reliable.”

 

Chaeyeon then feel someone patting her in the head, there goes Hyewon who is now beside her, opening her arms wide to hug her. Hyewon’s hugs are sometimes startling but always welcome – it has such therapeutic effect, where one just want to melt in its softness.

Hyewon cradle Chaeyeon’s head with her arms, the later leans her head to the older’s chest and let herself melt away, she reach for one of her unnie’s hand with her hands. It is such a heartwarming scene. Hyewon hugs always come at the right time, when you unknowingly need it. The girl is purity in and out. She truly has a big heart in more ways than one.  

When Hyewon finally let go of the younger from her embrace, Chaeyeon made sure to pick up the slice of bread she have on her plate and lift it up to the older so she can take it. Hyewon took it with and smiled with her eyes to Chayeon while using both of her hands to make small fist pump gesture to cheer the younger further.

 

The sight made her giggle and made everyone around the table squeal in unison;  

 

“CUTE” 

 

Eunbi mentally noted to make sure there is plenty of food for lunch before she leave for the meeting. They can’t make their angel hungry afterall.

 

The meeting is set up at about two in the afternoon. Eunbi was informed by Chaeyeon about it as soon as the later arrived at the apartment – in somewhat disoriented manner – that concerned the older. After managing to establish contact with the younger’s cousin, who she now known as Lee Kaeun, they establish the important points of the contract. There are some parts Kaeun ask Eunbi to put in the lease but ask her to not tell Chaeyeon for now.

 

Its 10 minutes before two o’clock when Wonyoung and Kaeun arrive at the meeting place, it’s a cafe in Dangsan. A few stations away from where Eunbi and Chaeyeon are coming from. Kaeun is about to open the café door when she notice the younger looking up the sky, phone in her hand. By this time, she estimated, that the younger’s cousin have probably already landed in Japan and now is being welcomed by an over eager human waiting for her. Kaeun chuckled at that thought.

 

“Wonyoung.” She called the youngsters name to get her attention.

 

“Let’s go.” She added as she open the café door signaling them to enter.

 

Kaeun ordered a cup of macchiato for herself, an Ice Latte with whip cream on top for the younger girl, a slice cinnamon swirl cake and slice of blue berry cheese cake.  While waiting for their order she noticed that her companion is playing with her phone, not really playing a game, just fiddling with it waiting for something.

 

“Waiting for Gyuri’s message?” She asked her as she sat at the seat beside the girl.

 

“uhum.” The girl hummed and nodded.

 

“She will not forget to send me message right?” She asked the older with her eyes furrowed. Concerned that her cousin might forget to message her once she got to Japan, afterall her cousin favorite person is there welcoming her.

 

“I’m sure she won’t.” Kaeun answered as she flicks the younger in between her eyebrows to sort of make fun of her expression. 

 

Just as she said that a notification from kakao app pop up on the younger’s phone screen.

 

“Look at that.” She said teasingly to the girl.

 

Wonyoung’s delight cannot be hidden. She quickly unlocked her phone and as her heart desires there comes her cousin’s message. It’s a video she sent her and a message afterwards asking to show it to Kaeun.  

 

The two of them watched it, the video started as her cousin is walking to the arrival area.

 

“GYURI!!! GYURI!!! GYURII-YA!!” A husky voice was heard – it’s unmistakably Miss Yamada.

 

Even though she is off-screen you can feel her presence jumping up and down.

 

As soon as Gyuri got pass the line where those who are waiting can now meet those who are arriving, the girl with a husky voice was seen running towards her. At the shock of those who are around she jump to hug her causing Gyuri to stumble – the girl gets kisses to her cheeks, which the camera barely capture due to the chaos.  If Noe was not human, they can easily see her as a big dog Gyuri all over her face now.

After the video end both Kaeun and Wonyoung are trying to suppress their laughter and ended up giggling at the expense of Gyuri.  They replayed the video again just for kicks.

 

The café door chimes as two people entered. A girl in black cap, black fitting shirt, cardigan over it, jeans and her blond hair in a ponytail entered alongside another who is sporting a white longsleeve polo shirt, dark colored pants, with wavy black hair.

 

The two look around inside the café, Chaeyeon easily spotted her cousin who is wearing a pink blouse and beside her is a younger girl. The girl is wearing a loose white sweater with black arms.  Chaeyeon assume that the girl is probably the one her cousin is talking about.

The two are giggling while watching something on the younger phone unaware of the two women approaching their table. Chaeyeon got a bit jealous – it’s one of those things she missed doing with her Kaeun unnie.

 

“ehem…” Chaeyeon cleared to call for her cousins attention right behind her is Eunbi.

 

Kaeun quickly compose herself, smiled to Chayeon who gestured about the woman beside her. Kaeun stand to introduce herself while Eunbi bowed to acknowledge their presence.

 

“I’m Lee Kaeun, CEO of Kirin High Entertainment. “ She introduces herself while handing out one of her business card of which Eunbi gladly accepted.

 

The girl beside her quickly stand and introduce herself as well, “I’m Ja..Jang Wonyoung. I’ll be in your care. ” She said nervously as she bowed deeply to Eunbi. 

 

As she lifts her head Eunbi is astonished to found how tall the girl is, or how tall the girls around her are, she guestimate that both of them are about as tall or maybe more as their resident stinky puppy Yujin. She can’t believe this in the case for the younger of the two women, especially when it was mentioned that the girl is only 13, a year younger than Yujin.  She feels like a dwarf right now in their presence.  

 

“I’m glad to meet you finally. “ Kaeun smiled as she clasped Eunbi’s hand. Subsequently she gestured to the seat in front of her. 

 

Chayeon then took the seat in front of the girl, who is fidgeting in nervousness. She observes her. Her cousin asked her the favor of looking after this kid, though she is going to get paid for it. The girl sat on her chair in rather stiff manner with her back straight, trying to pay attention to them.

 

“What do you want?” Ask Kaeun as she handed them the café menu, Chaeyeon opted for green tea latte while her Eunbi-Unnie go for a cup of caramel macchiato, both of them ordered honey glazed donut. This is all on Kaeun who called for this meeting here.  

 

“Do you want to transfer table so we can talk, just the two of us?” Chaeyeon called upon the girl in front of her with a smile. He inner team mom is working and she will surely take care of this girl with or without pay.  There is also another reason why she asks her to transfer table, she rather the business people talk on their own.

 

After getting her order, she and Wonyoung transferred to a table on the corner and chatted away.  Chaeyeon enjoyed the fact that the girl manage to open up to her and is energetic. Not the energetic in Yujin’s kind of way, but she is pleasant to talk to. She also learned that the younger girl family has now settled in Taiwan and her cousin is someone who achieved some internet fame and is currently going to start working in Japan as an MC and producer for a web channel.  That’s oddly similar to her, she now understand why Kaeun told her that the girl is someone she can relate to.

 

On the previous table Kaeun and Eunbi have settled most of the content of the lease, Eunbi has stayed up yesterday to whip it out, based on what they have talk to on the phone, Kaeun have no objection over it. They then proceed to discuss methods of payment and some other technicalities.

 

“About you also covering Chaeyeon’s rent, are you not going to tell her?”  Eunbi bring up that point of the lease to Kaeun.

 

“I will… she is a bit stubborn, but hopefully she understands.” Kaeun replied as she put both of her arms on the table.

 

“I will be visiting them from time to time. It will probably take some months as I will be busy in our Japanese arm.” She continued.  

 

“I want the girl to do choreographies for us; you know she is really good.” She added with her eyes sparkling, proud of her cousin’s talent.

 

“I hope I would be able to witness that.” Eunbi said as she has not seen the girl dance so she is fascinated about this information. She is somewhat happy that her first thought about the girl being into dance is actually correct.

 

“hmmm, just as we talk my company will send the payment to you for the subsequent months, if there is any problem contact me or my secretary Kim Hyunah.” Kaeun said as she is doing her last minute reminder, while signing a check for the down payment.

 

Kaeun then look to where her cousin and Wonyoung are. The two seemed to have finished their foods and looks like they are getting along well. She called on them to come back to their table. The two did as they are told.
 

Wonyoung latch to Chaeyeon’s arm, she got a new Unnie, while Chaeyeon patted her head. Kaeun is a bit jelous she wants to do the head patting thing to Chaeyeon for a long time.  

 

“Since I’ll be sending Wonyoung to you guys now, might as well drive you all there.” Kaeun offered.

 

“I want to see the place to.” She added, hopefully that is a good idea. Eunbi and Chaeyeon are counting the ways it could go wrong. Either the resident athletes decided to try kungfu all over the apartment or the lovebirds get too comfortable. They hope it’s just Chaewon, Minjoo or even just Hyewon at first floor when they get there.

 

After around 30 minutes or so ride they arrive at the apartment. Eunbi is feeling really weird right now as if she is having some premonition. She tapped her key card to the door, as a detail the apartment door does operate on keycards.  Wonyoung is following right behind Eunbi and Chaeyeon carrying her luggage. 

 

As the door opened, Eunbi’s worst thought happened. There in the sofa just right of the door is Yuri on top of Yena for god knows why, their position is rather suggestive, it’s not like Yuri’s hand is almost near Yena’s chest, or that her hands is underneath Yena’s shirt. Yuri seems to have habit of ending up in some rather compromising position with the other girls. 

 

The two girls look at them as Chaeyeon and Eunbi tried to cover Wonyoung’s eyes, innocent kids should stay innocent. Yuri and Yena quickly fix their positions and acted as if nothing happened.

 

In that moment a loud booming voice of a familiar energetic kid was heard.

 

“I won!!! I won!!! This is mine. ” As she came running down the first floor with a big bag of potato chips and Minjoo following right after not even trying to chase her. the later just watch Yujin with rather amused eyes.

 

The Wons then came out from the kitchen they are the least chaotic and looks like they just there to get some food for a movie night.

 

Wonyoung remove the hands in front of her that did not really covered her eyes, as she heard a rather familiar voice. At first she was not sure but now she is.

 

Yujin right now is opening the potato chips bag while Minjoo is walking towards her when she noticed her unnies arrived and standing at the door with someone new. Her eyes widened when she recognized her.

 

They stared for about five second at each other eyes then shouted simultaneously;

 

“PRINCE!!! PRINCE AHN YUJIN!!!”

 

“NO WAY, IT’S THE ALMIGHTY JANG WONYOUNG!!!”

 

They point to each other with their mouth wide open in shock.

 

Thanks cats that Eunbi still have some luck and that Kaeun needed to park her car for a moment before she came in so she did not see the questionable things and only heard two people who shockingly recognized each other.

 

“Oh, that’s good Wonyoung-ah. You know someone here already.” She said as she came in to the still open door happy that the girl will have a friend with her.

 

Wonyoung can’t still believe that the Prince of Dongjjog-ui Ujuseon (East Starship) Middleschool is in this place. In the same vein Yujin can’t believe she is face to face with the fabled Allmighty Jang Wonyoung of their school. What’s in store for this two – let’s hope it’s all good and fun.

 

“Who’s prince?” Chaewon inquired, raising her eyebrow. She will not believe what she heard.

 

“This!?” Minjoo said pointing to Yujin who still in shock.

 

“This dog who always forgets to shower!?” She added in disbelief.

 

“No, no, Minjoo you are harsh. Yujin is a prince. She even carried you princess style, right?” There is Hyewon coming in to the rescue the puppy. Their resident hamster pats her cheeks, puts her arm around her and rested her head on the younger girls shoulder, all the while sneakily fishing out some potato chips.  

 

Minjoo upon hearing that just resigned, look down trying to hide her blush.

 

“But Yujin, you should really shower more often and wash your dishes too.” Hyewon added as she looks at Yujin, who is in disbelief, and pokes her cheeks, while she manages fish out more potato chips. Yujin is now perfectly charred and roasted, courtesy of her "saviour".

 

Wonyoung continue to stare at her or rather them. Now what she can’t believe is … How beautiful are the girls around Yujin. There is a princess like beauty not far from her, while she is getting hug by an angel and not far back is a blushing goddess. Not to mention that Eunbi to her eyes looks like a celebrity and that Chaeyeon has the aura of a model. 

 

Let’s just ignore and forget the two “friends” who right now wish they dissapear as both look up the ceiling scratching their necks. Let’s not talk that they are acting hella suspicious as Eunbi eyed them.   

 


Notes:

Wow - that end up longer than I imagine again - halfway was thinking of splitting this into two heheheh. I love portraying people eating ^-^. I also added Kaeun at the tags.

I hope am not annoying you readers with my notes also me randomly replacing some swear words with cats.

I hope you enjoyed this. Alot shedding to each of the current girls interaction - and we might try poking to some other's school life. It's still summer in the story. Wons are the wons because they have wons - I love puns forgive me. Also Yena and Yuri ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  suspicious.  

I forgot to sketch it but this is how they are seated at the table.

    ____EB____YJ____MJ_

CH |                   |

    __CW___HW___YR___YN


Sketches: