A good start

She has a BF [Unfinished]

It's been two days and Sana had yet to receive an answer from the fellow foreigner. Just like the day before she sat quietly in the living room, blankly staring at her phone in her hands. The went for when she was in class, she was unable to concentrate on the lesson being presented to her. Overthinking on why she wasn't getting a response which was soon followed by a spontaneous gush of energy that was fuelled by her inner embarrassment. Sana would rid herself of it by shaking it off and making odd dance moves while mumbling under her breath reassuring words or just plain self-criticism. 

 

Her two roommates watched her from the kitchen, developing theories on why Sana was acting so weird. "Do you think she gave someone her number or something?"

 

Mina moved her eyes away from the convulsing squirrel and looked at her other roommate that slowly munched on a piece of meat. "She could've but I don't think that's possible. Sana said she wasn't interested in relationships"

 

"Not until she sees cute boys when she least expects it, she loves people too easily" Momo interjected after swallowing her food.

 

"Fair point, I guess but..." The penguin said no more. It's not like the contemporary dancer knew more than her.

 

The two Japanese students brought back their gaze towards the living room, trying to get a clue on why Sana was acting so suspicious. A loud ding resonated in the apartment which was quickly followed by the literature major pouncing onto her phone. The brunette's lips were pressed together in anticipation as she hastily unlocked her phone. It soon turned into a grimace as she clicked her tongue and not so gently dropped her phone onto the table.

 

Sana went to sprawl herself on the floor and stared blankly at the ceiling. That only lasted for a few seconds since she quickly started squiggling and rolling around while whining like a little child throwing a tantrum. It was nothing new in the eyes of her friends, quite the norm actually.

 

Momo couldn't help but snort at how ridiculous Sana was looking. "Yeah, you know what, that's definitely the result of a love interest"

 

Mina hummed in agreement before making her way towards her whining roommate with several questions in mind. "Hey Sana-chan~"

 

A muffled 'what' came out as her face was pressed against the carpeted floor with a kicked puppy type of expression. The girl looked disappointed with how pouty her lips were.

 

"You've been acting suspicious since you went to the library, care to explain it to me?"

 

"No" Sana replied shortly in an upset tone. It kind of made Mina want to coo at how cute she was being. A grumpy Sana was an adorable yet cute sight.

 

"Not even for cuddles?" The girl asked while emphasizing the last word.

 

"No"

 

"Not even for some pig-trotters?" Momo proposed from the kitchen, with a teasing smile.

 

"No" She replied firmly once more "You guys wouldn't be able to help me with my problem"

 

"Love problem?" Mina suggested.

 

"... It's more of a friend problem"

 

"Ah so basically someone rejected your friendship" Then dancer concluded with a grin Sana just wanted to slap off. She turned her head towards the other way, not wanting to face them."Judging from your reaction I got it right hahaha"

 

"S-shut up"

 

"Aww our poor baby~" Momo cooed while walking close enough and laying over Sana.

 

"GAH!" The Shiba tried to shove the dancer off but that certainly wasn't going to happen. Mostly because she was a muscle head that loved working out while she was basically a clumsy bundle of sticks. "RELEASE ME AT ONCE!"

 

"Hmmm... No! I wanna cuddle" 

 

Usually Sana would be very pleased to hear that but not right now. Not when Momo was squeezing her body with all her strength. Mina amusedly stared at them from a safe distance. She didn't want to get dragged into another forced cuddle by the dancer. Last time that happened, she ended up with a black-eye after getting smacked in the face by a struggling Shiba. With how rowdy they were being, Myoui got the feeling they would get a warning for being rowdy, which wasn't the first time. They got to see the Dorm representative, AKA Jihyo, more often than not.

 

The science major was the only one that took notice of how Sana's phone lit up with a text notification coming from someone titled 'Has a crush on Mina' added with a few giggling emojis. The short haired girl quietly approached the cell, going unnoticed by her friends as she soon unlocked it with ease. One of the perks of knowing her friends for a long time was the fact that they shared mostly everything, unless one of them was embarrassed to share something.

 

A cute looking girl's picture was linked to the number, Mina took a mental note to look into who that cutie was. For now, she had to concentrate on the important matter at hand, the text message. Her brown eyes carefully read each word several times, a teasing grin made its way to her lips as she fully digested what she had just seen on Sana's phone.

 

"Tch tch tch, who knew you would prioritize some stranger over the favor I asked of you?" Mina tutted jokingly with her eyes still glued on the screen

 

"What are you going on about?" The literature major asked all while still struggling against Momo's hold which made her voice sound more out of breath.

 

Myoui proceeded to read out loud the stiffly written message Sana was patiently waiting for the past two days "Greetings Sana-ssi, I'm the foreigner you helped out with Korean in the library. I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner because I don't have a phone. I stole my friend's phone to contact you-"

 

"SHE REPLIED!?" With an ungodly amount of spontaneous energy, the brunette quickly broke free from Momo's hold and nearly tackled her other roommate while snatching back her phone. She too quietly read the message, only difference was that she could easily imagine the foreign beauty struggle while typing the whole thing out. The girl unknowingly let out a coo at how cute she envisioned the nameless foreigner. "So cute"

 

"Oh? This is new" Momo chuckled as she got off the ground, she walked towards the other two and looked over the squirrel's shoulder to read the text. "To think that you would flirt with someone in a library, what's so special about this one?"

 

Sana looked at the dancer in the eyes for a few seconds, keeping a rather blank expression on her face. What's so special about this one? That she didn't know. She was a beauty but it's not like she was the only one in the city. Maybe it was her cold aura? That makes sense right? The foreigner was like a mystery that looked completely unapproachable, but rather than stay at a safe distance developing never ending hypotheses, Sana dove right in with innocent curiosity. 

 

Those onyx eyes that looked void of anything were actually filled with so many emotions. Unlike her face, they hid absolutely nothing despite the furrowed brows she always sported on her face during their short time together. Her lips barely moved unless she had to speak and her posture was so straight and elegant it made the Shiba slightly uncomfortable. The foreign beauty looked so stiff and robotic yet her voice, one would think that she looked like the type of person to intentionally be rude and snobbish. However, she always spoke in a soft tone and whenever she did say something that sounded rude it's mostly because she doesn't have the appropriate vocabulary to word it properly. In short, the girl's face (not a very nice way to describe it but oh well!) and stony aura was what attracted her, discovering unexpected things about her was the best part of interacting with the girl.

 

Just like the foreigner she met two days ago, Sana sometimes said things that came out wrong. "I'm interested in her because she has a BF"

 

"Eh? You- wh...EH? A dumbfounded Momo asked. There's no way Sana would go after someone in a relationship? And since when was she that into girls? 

 

"Would you mind repeating that? I couldn't have possibly heard right" Mina demanded soon afterwards but the literature major ignored them both as her attention went right back to the phone. Most likely texting back at the cutie that caught her undivided attention.

 

Next thing they knew, their roommate with questionable both gave them a kiss on the cheek before leaving the dorm room in a hurry. The two other Japanese girls remained frozen for a few seconds, recalling what Sana had just said.

 

She has a Bf?

 

"Do you think she used the wrong words to express her interest?" The dancer asked out loud, not really expecting an answer. 

 

"How bad can a literature major mess up with her words?"

 

"I didn't know Sana would get interested in someone that's already in a relationship"

 

"Eh whatever, pizza?"

 

"You just ate"

 

"So?"

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Pineapple pizza?"

 

"Ayyy, that's some good Minari"

 

 

* * *

 

            

 

Sana waited patiently in front of the coffee where Joohee told her they could meet at. That wasn't the name she used on the daily but judging from what the foreigner had told her it was easier to understand how her usual name is pronounced. So for now, Sana was waiting for Chou Joohee to show up so she could help her pick out a phone.

 

The beauty was unexpectedly open and very trusting, the literature major was quite surprised that she was the one that got asked out for this random outing. Not that she minded, Sana was actually very happy about it. It meant her female interest was also somewhat interested in her. Nothing but good news for the Shiba. She kept going back to her phone every few seconds, re-reading their first shared text conversation as if it was the best moment of her life.

 

 

Greetings Sana-ssi, I'm the foreigner you helped out with Korean in the library. I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner because I don't have a phone. I stole my friend's phone to contact you. Thank you for helping me on Tuesday, I'm very grateful for your kindness

-Chou Joohee

No worries, foreigners gotta help each other out :)))

How come you don't have a phone? They're pretty important

I don't think my Korean is good enough for me to get myself a phone

I don't want to bother my roommate with this too

That's no good~

I can always help you with getting a phone

When are you free?

I'm free now, for the next few days not

Then we can meet up now, I'm also free

You can choose where we meet up

Sure

 

 

Sana's lips quirked up in a smile the further she went down the conversation as it went on and on. It was kind of a shame Joohee was shy with her Korean no matter how poor she thought it was. Practice makes perfect but oh well, not everyone was fond of messing up in front of strangers. Sana wasn't going to complain, especially when she was spend more time with that intriguing foreigner. The girl sort of predicted this to happen as she hurried out of the dorm room to concentrate on the conversation between the two. Mina and Momo wouldn't have let her be while texting Joohee and she couldn't have that happen. Those two would've to no end or even steal the phone and text in her place. Something Sana experienced way too many times.

 

"Sana-ssi?"

 

At the sound of her name, Sana almost dislocated her neck with how fast she whipped towards the source of the soft voice that called her out. There she was, standing in all her beautiful glory. Casually dressed in a pair of bleached jeans, a simple white t-shirt and a stylish looking dark green bomber jacket. Her long black hair draped over her shoulders, she looked like a goddess just like when they met in the library. Of course, Sana once again looked underdressed next to her while wearing her usual I-rushed-out-of-the-dorms outfit which consisted of oversized joggers and an equally loose hoodie. A classic outfit that made the literature major regret her choice in clothing as she stood next to a tall model looking gal. She sightly felt like , quite a lovely feeling.

 

"That's me!" She stated cheerfully. To which the other barely reacted, giving her a small nod. "By the way, how old are you?"

 

"20" The beauty replied shortly but the Shiba didn't mind. Like she thought before, Joohee was probably shy of her accent.

 

"Then you can just call me unnie, Sana-ssi is a little too polite for my liking"

 

Once again, the foreigner nodded softly, this time she tried to speak a little more. "W-where should we go?"

 

Aww cutie, seeing her try real hard to articulate her words made Sana's heart squeeze a little. Joohee may be tall but she was nothing but a ball of fluff. Sana took note of asking her if she ever scared people away before later on if their little date went well. A date? A friendly date, yeah that makes more sense.

 

"Do you have any preferences or monetary limits?"

 

Her neat eyebrows furrowed at one of the words, clearly confused on its meaning and she did not hide that fact by one bit "Monetary?"

 

"It's basically money" Sana explained in the most simple way she could while making a money sign with her hand.

 

"Aaah, thank you" Joohee replies, showing a slight curve with her pink lips that the literature major saw from time to time.

 

The two went to grab a cup of coffee before heading out for a phone hunt. They chatted while wandering from shop to shop where most of them weren't even places to get a phone. Half of the conversation between the two women consisted of translating and explaining words while the other half was some basic topics. One of the first ones happened to be Joohee's name. Turns out her actual name was Tzuyu but Sana had a hard time getting it right. It came out as Chewy which wasn't too far off but it was wrong nonetheless. She vowed to correct it but Tzuyu told her she didn't have to since Sana made it sound nice.

 

They both discussed about the usual things you ask when meeting someone like their interest, hobbies, school courses, etc. Tzuyu turned out to be a bundle of surprises as she tried her best to give well developed answers to her new friend. Sana listened to every single word without interrupting her. Unlike what she initially thought, Chou Tzuyu was a Taiwanese volleyball athlete recruited by her college. The girl didn't look like the sporty type at all yet she was. For her to get recruit from abroad also meant that she was crazy good, it wasn't everyday a foreign coach would ask you to join their team. It was something rather rare yet there she was, competing for Sana's college's team. She also took traditional music classes as a minor while mostly training for the sport and also a few korean language classes so she can adapt better to the country.

 

"Don't you feel lonely away from home?"

 

"I could ask you the same unnie" The girl replied softly while eyeing two different types of phones. 

 

"Hmm true, but I asked first Chewy"

 

"I do feel lonely but it's tolerable, I just need to cuddle something to feel better when it's really bad"

 

"You can always cuddle me!" Sana replied out of instinct, making her want to smack her head against a wall. It was too early to sound this flirty with Tzuyu.

 

The youngest took her off guard, making her heart skip a beat out of the blue. "Huh, I guess I could"

 

One of the worse things of talking with Tzuyu was that she took her time to speak and articulate everything properly. Sana couldn't fake misunderstanding a word when the girl put in so much effort in saying it right. What made it more intense was that fact that Tzuyu was smiling. She was way more smiley than the Shiba anticipated and that was pretty bad because they were so dazzling that her heart would just lose it. She was supposed to make girls feel that way, not the other way around, damn it.

 

"Ha ha, yeah... so uh, which phone do you want?" The panicked gay asked quickly.

 

"I'll take this one" The beauty turned to Sana with an older model of a renowned phone brand, simple but very pricey.

 

"Hm? You don't want the more recent ones?"

 

The black haired foreigner simply shrugged her shoulders "The smaller the better, it can fit in my pocket"

 

"Is that your only criteria for a phone?l

 

"Yes"

 

Sana chuckled at how simple Tzuyu's choosing process was. All the phone needed was to be small because of the female curse of tiny pockets and and earphone jack. "Sure, let's fill all the documentation up and you'll finally get your phone, hm?"

 

After doing just that, the two left the store and started heading back to their initial meeting point. The Taiwanese athlete kept her phone in her pocket, politely refusing to start using it while walking with Sana. They've been together for quite some time, around a good two hours. It was time well spent since Tzuyu was gonna have a loaded schedule for the next few days. It kind of made Sana sad that they couldn't meet up anytime soon, at least the youngest of the two was just as eager to arrange something with her again. It was a good sign, she also had a liking to Sana and that's all she needed to know. As the two were about to part ways, a rather important thought passed through her mind. They had yet to exchange numbers. One of the main things she had to do during their outing. 

 

"Tzuyu-ah, mind passing me your phone?"

 

Without questioning her intention, the athlete handed it to her with her usual stone face.  While Sana typed in her number with a cute giggle, Tzuyu stared at her rather intensely. Minatozaki was an odd one, easily getting close to her when anyone else has problems doing so. For a long time Chou thought no one liked her in general, but then the literature major appears and soothes her insecurities. She was the first one to actively approach her in a friendly manner with nothing hidden beneath her smile. Or at least that's what Tzuyu wanted to believe. It could possibly change when they got to know each other more. Hopefully Sana would be different from her past 'friends' back in Taiwan.

 

"All done!" Sana chirped happily, pulling the tallest out of her thoughts. The bright smile she had on her face made Tzuyu smile as well, how could she not? Especially when those brown eyes of hers seemed to sparkle while handing the phone back "Since we can't meet up for several days we can always chat or call each other"

 

"Thank you unnie, thank you so much for this" The athlete said softly while looking down at the name Sana gave herself 'Sana-unnie <3'. Everything the older girl seemed to do was cute. "I had a lot of fun today, I can't wait for next time"

 

"Same, see you when I'll see you"

 

"What?" The girl quirked her head to the side, not really sure she got what she just heard. Sana's heart squeezes once again. How could someone so serious look so adorable?

 

"Ah, it means when we'll see each other when we meet again"

 

"Ooh I see, thank you Sana-unnie"

 

Reluctant to leave each other, the two exchanged a repetitive set of farewells and walked back to their living quarters. Sana came back to her dorm room where Momo was knocked out on the couch with a pizza box with a half eaten slice resting on her stomach and an ever so studious Mina who sat at the small table in front of the said couch.

 

Myoui looked from her homework and gave her roommate a nod, signalling that she saw her come in before going back to work. Sana was somewhat thankful that the penguin didn't ask questions. The girl gave her usual greeting before retreating to her room to rest and think over what happened between Tzuyu and her. A lot of moments made her feel a little embarrassed, mostly because of her cringy responses. At least she didn't scare the girl away, it was quite a miracle really. Either Tzuyu was really nonchalant or she was just really good at hiding her embarrassment.

 

The phone on her pocket let out a ding, signalling a text message. Her hands went to get it and as soon as she saw the message, she couldn’t help but smile widely.

 

I didn’t get the chance to say this but the puppy patterned sleepwear you wore at the library was very cute, like you

-Chewy

 

The girl rolled over, burying her face in her pillow before proceeding to scream in it. “AAAAH SHE CALLED ME CUTE”

 

Little did she know Tzuyu was also internally dying while burying her face in her hands, burning red with blush. Her roommates were teasing her to cool down before she burned the place down with her embarrassment.

 

It was a good start for something very nice in the near future

 

 

 

____

 

A/N: Sup readers I hope you enjoyed this chap and have a nice day! Also, thank you for the upvotes and subs it's well appreciated :) <3

I dunno when I'll update next because I have a ton of exams for about a week, hopefully you guys wil be able to hang on till then