Chapter 34

What’s wrong with Kim Jaejoong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your father and I used to love each other...maybe we loved too deep. We were high school sweethearts, our whole future was bright and beautiful. Right after High School we went to college together. The more time we were together, the more we love, until one day we decided to marry..." Mrs. Kim felt her eyes brimmed with tears.

"After we graduated, your father started working and was well liked by his peers. Not long after he was promoted and we brought a house. Everything was wonderful...he was a sociable guy and gets along with everybody. I loved him, loved him so much. We...had our first child, he was beautiful Jaejoong. He was a godsend, your father adored him and took him everywhere..." Mrs. Kim paused. She blinked her eyes trying to keep the tears at bay. 

Jaejoong frowned, she did not know she had a brother.

"Mom if it's too much you don't...."

"I have to Jaejoong. For you to understand I have to..." Mrs. Kim squeezed her daughter's hand and continued,

"You were born 2 years after your brother. I remember this as if it happened yesterday. You were sleeping in your room and I was baking a birthday cake for your brother. It was his birthday. Your father left to work that morning promising to come home early to celebrate. Jaejoong, I...left your brother playing in his playpen and went to wake you up from your nap. When I came back your brother was gone." 

Mrs. Kim was now sobbing. Jaejoong didn't know what to do to comfort her. She patted her mother on the back but knew it was best for her to finish the story.

"I searched all over the house for him, I searched everywhere. In a panic I called your father and the police. I didn't check the backyard, I didn't think to check the backyard!!! When your father came home he saw the gate to the backyard latch open...we found your brother in the pool. He...he drowned..."

"Oh mom...I'm so sorry mom" Jaejoong felt her heart tighten, she ached for her mother, for her brother...who died too soon.

"We grew distance, your father started drinking to numb his feelings and I was filled with guilt and remorse that I didn't care. The first two years we were living like ghosts. After the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter