Nine

MR DISORDER

As usual, Aunt Mijoo went to her workplace and left me and Chanyeol at home. I was in the room all the time since I got a lot of homework because I came late for school just now. I did it without giving myself even a second for rest and focused on the work. The door knocked made me sighed because I knew who was the one knocking my door. “What?” I asked while still eyed on work.

 

The door opened slightly as Chanyeol ducked his head into the room. “Noona…”

 

“Hmm.” I answered lazily.

 

He stepped a little closer to me with his dinosaur in his fist. “I’m hungry.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Hungry again? Why are you having such a big appetite?” I complained but my hand was moving fast and did the homework. “Go and eat by yourselves.” I said.

 

“Okay.” I heard he stepped out from the room instantly before I continued with my work peacefully. But then, I remembered something. “No no.” I ran out from the room straight to the kitchen. Once Chanyeol opened the cabinet, I stopped him quickly. “Stop moving!” I warned him that he froze at the cabinet. I walked towards him as I faced him.

 

“What do you want to eat?” I questioned.

 

He looked up at the cabinet. “Cereal.”

 

I heaved a sigh. “Go and sit there. I will do it for you.” I ordered as he took a seat at the dining table. I took a bowl and cereal with me before serving the cereals for him. Chanyeol took the cereal’s box and suddenly shoved his hand into the box, making me confused. “What are you doing?” I asked while his hand rummaged into the box busily. Then, he came out with something in his grip.

 

“Jjang!!”

 

He showed me a plastic pack which frowned my forehead. “What is that?”

 

He teared the plastic before he came out with a small dinosaur toy in the plastic. “See. I get free dinosaurs~ Sometimes, I will get car or spoon for free but this time, I get dinosaur!” said him happily while shaking the toy. I shook my head, knowing that he was 8 years old. He took the spoon as he ate the cereal with his body dancing cheerfully. I took a seat opposite him while staring at his cheeky action.

 

“What is the name of this dinosaur?” I asked him since it was just the two of us here and I didn’t know what kind of conversation I should have with him.

 

He changed his sight. With his sparkling rounded eyes, he explained the name of dinosaurs that he had on the table. “The one that I got just now is Lesothosaurus. This one…” he took a dinosaur in brown colour. “Parasaurolophus. It has four legs but runs with two legs only.” he briefly explained, which made me amazed.

 

“You know all dinosaurs’ names?” I asked because if he knows all, he is GENIUS!

 

He nodded. “I have a lot of dinosaurs at home.” he replied before taking a spoonful of cereals.

 

“Why do you like dinosaurs?” I asked like a stupid girl here.

 

“Because they are strong.” Chanyeol answered while munching the remaining cereals in his mouth.

 

After accompanying him eating, I brought him to his room and in a split second, he fell asleep with dinosaur dolls around his bed. I went straight to my room since our rooms were just side to side. At 2 in the morning, my homework was done as I got onto my bed and fast sleep. Almost a month with Chanyeol, it felt normal sleeping at this hour.

 

The next morning, I woke up on my own since I wanted to avoid coming late for school again. As I was done in uniform, I walked down to the kitchen to see Aunt Mijoo already woke up, preparing breakfast for us. “Oh morning, Hanseol.” she greeted as I smiled.

 

“Morning, Immo.”

 

Aunt Mijoo served an omelette as she poured milk in two glasses. “Hanseol, can you wake Channie up?” asked her and I ‘Hmm’ to her as I stood up, she was staring at me in confusion.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“You can help me wake him up?” she asked in disbelief.

 

I nodded awkwardly. “Yes… why?”

 

Aunt Mijoo suddenly smiled, adding more confusion to me. “Great.” she praised as she continued with her omelette.

 

I shrugged before walking to Chanyeol’s room. I pushed his door a bit since he always slept with his door slightly opened, leaving a small gap. I peeked into his room as I slowly stepped into the room. I looked at him who was sleeping soundly before slid off the curtain. “Wake up, boy.” I said make him stretch his body, facing another side.

 

I sighed as he shook his body. “Ya Park Chanyeol, wake up.” I called him before he faced my side with his eyes blinked non stop.

 

“Noona…” he called in his raspy morning voice.

 

“What?”

 

He smiled. “I dreamt I rode a dinosaur with you.” he said sleepily, making me gazed at him weirdly.

 

“Are you… still sleeping?”

 

No answer.

 

I sighed. “Park Chanyeol, wake up now!”

 

He opened his eyes instantly before sitting down in sleep. I shook my head as I pulled him with me. “Brush your teeth first then we eat.” I said make him walk slowly to the bathroom, brushed his teeth with his eyes closed. Once he was done, he came out with half eyes opened and I just dragged him out, thinking that he will jump back to the bed when I go out.

 

“Oh Channie is awake now~” Aunt Mijoo sang happily and made Chanyeol smile softly.

 

I took my seat as I ate my breakfast while ignoring those two humans playing around in front of me. “Hanseol ah…” Aunt Mijoo called as I pulled my head up to look at her. “Today, you come home early okay. I have a meeting around 3pm but I promise I’ll be back before 12 midnight.” told Aunt Mijoo as both me and Chanyeol stared at him. She looked at us before awkwardly cleared .

 

“W-Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked in doubt.

 

I sighed. “Don’t promise.” both of us said simultaneously as I faced Chanyeol.

 

Aunt Mijoo looked at us in amazement. “O...kay….” she broke the silent awkwardly. “Erm… Hanseol, go to school now. You will be late.”

 

I blinked my eyes before I finished my milk. I stood up as I walked out from the house. Once I reached school, I stopped at the entrance. Thought of what had happened a few minutes ago. Don’t promise. I remembered Chanyeol’s face when we chanted it together. “He remembers that?” I murmured alone while entering the school.

 

“Gong Hanseol~”

 

I spun around to see Seunghee was running towards me happily. I smiled as both of us wrapped each other shoulders. “You look better today.” Seunghee complimented me and made me smile wider.

 

“You too.” I said as she chuckled cutely. “Let’s go to class~” we danced while walking to the school building without noticed, someone giggling at our action.

 

“Cute.” Hyungwon said from a distance as he walked to his class.

 

As the break time came, all students went out for lunch happily. The school got noise with students’ chit chatting and of course, me and Seunghee were one of them. I took a tray filled up with a bowl of rice and chicken soup. Seunghee was following me from behind as we took a place to eat at the edge of the canteen. “Do you see Hyungwon?” I asked.

 

Seunghee shrugged her shoulders clueless of Hyungwon’s condition.

 

I looked around and still not even a hint that Hyungwon was around. I took a bite of rice before eating my lunch happily. “You guys look hungry.”

 

Hyungwon suddenly came and his present choked me. I coughed as Seunghee was looking around for water. “Water water!” she panicked and asked for water.

 

In a second, Hyungwon fed me water from his tray as I slowly drank it fastly. Before I could say anything, he caressed my back sent me sparkles in my nerves. “Are you okay?” he asked softly.

 

I nodded slowly before Seunghee wiped my tears. “Are you okay, Hanseol?” she questioned in worry.

 

“Yeah I’m good.” I replied. “Thanks, Hyungwon.” I thanked him and made him take a seat opposite me. “You too.” I said to Seunghee as she sat beside Hyungwon.

 

“How can you choke?” Hyungwon asked. “I’m sorry if it is my fault.”

 

I shook my head. “No no. It’s not your fault.” I denied even actually I was shocked because of his appearance.

 

“Are you looking for me?” he questioned in a suspicious and I almost got choke for the second time but this time, I endured it calmly.

 

“M-Me? Looking for you? No no. I didn’t, right Seunghee?” I signaled her to nod in an instant.

 

Hyungwon smiled. “Ahh too bad. You’re not looking for me.” he said vaguely. “Oh yaa… Monsta X and I are having some small gathering this evening because of Jooheon’s birthday. You guys know Jooheon right?” he asked.

 

Both of us nodded simultaneously.

 

“So you guys should come.” He invited me as I smiled. He wants me to be there. Aww… “I told Seunghee, I think. Don’t you tell Hanseol?”

 

Now, my eyes were on Seunghee. Seunghee, who was calmly eating just now, froze and stopped her lunch. “R-Really? Ohh… I… sorry.” she shyly apologized as I giggled.

 

I giggled as I smiled at Seunghee’s clumsiness. She is very cute. “It’s okay.” I answered and faced Hyungwon again before I realized he was staring at me the whole time. I tugged my hair behind my ear in shyness. “W-Why?” I asked nervously.

 

He smiled warmly. “Nothing. So are you going?” he questioned.

 

“Oh sure-”

 

“Today, you come home early okay. I have a meeting around 3pm but I promise I’ll be back before 12 midnight.” - Aunt Mijoo -

 

I remembered something. I sighed. . “I… I’m sorry. I can’t go.” I lowered my head, felt guilty.

 

Hyungwon's smile faded before he slowly lightened. “It’s okay. We can go out together next time.” he said and it sounded a bit disappointed. It hurt me!

 

I replied to him with a sweet smile. “Seunghee can represent me.”

 

Now, Seunghee was choked.

 

I passed her water as she drank it quickly. She drank all before slowly breathing. Hyungwon who was sitting beside her slowly patted her back. “Are you okay?” he asked as Seunghee nodded quickly.

 

He is nice to everyone. So cute…

 

Seunghee glared at me and made me gulp a bit. “No! I won’t go without you.” she answered strictly all of a sudden as I jumped in surprise. Hyungwon, who was watching us, laughed in his charming way.

 

“Aish just go. At least, you can represent me. Please.” I pleaded as she pouted her lips cutely. I giggled at her action and so did Hyungwon. Okay Seunghee, you are cute in your own way and now, it’s my turn. “Please~” I whined with a fake chipmunk’s voice while blinking my eyes innocently. Seunghee gawked in surprise meanwhile Hyungwon gazed at me and slowly blushed my cheeks.

 

I palmed my face in shyness. “Ya Gong Hanseol. When did you learn to be this cute huh?” Seunghee teased before she tickled me and made me burst into laughter. “Fine, I’ll go but you have to treat me tomorrow. Promi-”

 

My laugh slowly faded and Hyungwon was ready to shut . Seunghee smiled. “D-Deal?” She changed it and made all of us laugh again.

 

“Deal.”