Seven

MR DISORDER

I glared at Chanyeol who was playing with his dinosaur toys in front of me. The feeling of pulling his curly hair until he goes bald getting eager in my mind. My hands suddenly turned into fist, without hesitation I came closer to him before someone knocked my head from behind. “Auch!” I grieved in pain as I turned around to see Aunt Mijoo who was the one who knocking my head. Chanyeol who was just now eyed on his toys now, his sight changed towards us.

 

“What are you doing?” asked Aunt Mijoo while her hands crossed upon her chest.

 

I rolled my eyes. “I’m doing nothing.” I answered instantly.

 

Aunt Mijoo shook her head. “Stop pretending that I don’t know what you will do to him. There.” she pointed to my fist before I quickly hid behind me. “Don’t you dare to touch him, understand.” reminded Aunt Mijoo, making me sighed.

 

“Aunt Mijoo, I’m hungry~” Chanyeol said in pampering as I fiercely looked at his giddy attitude.

 

Aunt Mijoo smiled. “Okay okay. Come, let’s eat. Hanseol, you too. Channie, bring Noona along okay.” said Aunt Mijoo before she went to the kitchen straightly.

 

Chanyeol and I looked at each other. He looked innocent with his rounded eyes while I was trying to hold my annoyance towards him. “What?” I attacked first since we had been silent for almost a minute by looking at each other.

 

He pouted. “Eat.” He only said one word while looking down in fear. I smirked, felt like I won over him. Huh! You can’t even beat an older woman than you, little boy. I stood up as I moved towards the dining table but then, I spun around to see that boy only looked at me walking. Aishhh… “Ya. What are you doing there? Eat now.” I said half heartedly that he ran up to me and just followed from my back.

 

As we sat down, Aunt Mijoo served our lunch and we ate together. As usual, Aunt Mijoo wore a napkin around Chanyeol’s neck since that boy will eat messily and change his clothes a few times a day. But then, Aunt Mijoo's phone rang making her excused to pick up the call.

 

I ate hungrily and it stopped once I glanced at Chanyeol who was eating messily in front of me. “Ya.” I called him to make sure he stopped eating. “Can you eat properly?”

 

He some sauce stain on his lips.

 

“Use your chopsticks.” He was using a fork made veggie that he wanted to pick because of its soft texture.

 

He shook his head and made me frustrated. “What was that mean?” I asked like a step mother. Evil Stepmother.

 

“I don’t know how to use chopsticks.” he said with his pouty lips.

 

I sighed. I looked at beside his plate, a pororo chopstick for kids was there. “Ya, how old are you?” I asked him.

 

He showed 8 fingers towards me. I frowned my forehead before shaking my head. “It is easier to use chopsticks when eating vegetables and chicken. Hold that chopsticks.” I ordered him to follow my instruction quickly, probably scared of me. “Put your thumb in the first hole and your middle finger in another hole.”

 

He tried to do what I asked but you know, he is Park Chanyeol! Nothing he can do properly. I stood up before fixing his fingers. “Watch and learn.” I taught him how to use those simple kids’ chopsticks.

 

“Now, pick that veggie.” I asked as he slowly used the chopsticks. First attempt, failed.

 

I sighed. “Ya, you have to hold tight. Again.”

 

He pouted as he tried again. His tongue slightly came out while trying hard to pick up the veggie. He slowly picked it up and made both of us rounded our eyes with his progress on using chopsticks. “Okay, now eat it. Faster.” I rushed him to make him instantly eat that veggie which he picked using chopsticks. I clapped my hands happily and so did him.

 

“Noona, I did it!” he clapped his hands many times, making my smile fade.

 

I took my seat again in front of him. I cleared my throat to make him stop from clapping his hands. “Eat now. Use the chopsticks that I taught you just now.” I said awkwardly before I ate my lunch again. Aunt Mijoo was coming at the perfect time and as soon as she saw Chanyeol was using chopsticks, she was surprised to death.

 

“Oh Channie…”

 

Chanyeol only showed his gummy smile before Aunt Mijoo caressed his curly hair. “Aigoo good boy.” Aunt Mijoo complimented me with a smile. Well, look who is his teacher~ As the time passed by, the three of us had our lunch peacefully for now.

 

In the evening, I usually went out with Seunghee to see Hyungwon’s practice but it seems like I was tired so I decided to stay home while listening to the music through my phone. Chanyeol who was taking a bath and Aunt Mijoo was helping him not attract me at all even a slight interest. Rather than I see him bathing and he also was old enough, I mean his figure was someone older but his mental state was still 8 years old.

 

A few minutes later, Chanyeol came to front with his face white with powder to make me roll my eyes. He continued to play with his dinosaurs while I chose to ignore him and kept on listening to music.

 

But then, someone pulled out my earphone and made me spun around in mad. Yet, I know who did it. “Immo!” I whined in anger as she only looked at me straight.

 

“Immo has urgent work now so, look after Chanyeol, understand?” Aunt Mijoo said before she went back to her room.

 

I sighed. “Immo!”

 

“What?”

 

“It has been a week we look after him so can I get at least 20% of the allowance?” I asked while waiting for her response.

 

Aunt Mijoo came out with full formal attire as she busy caked her face. “I will give you later.” said him, not even looking at me.

 

I crossed my arms while staring at her. She was beautiful actually even though she was already 32 years old. Immo should get someone in her life. Aunt Mijoo faced me and made me jump in surprise. “Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked before I giggled lightly. It just made her more confused. “Fine, I will give it to you the allowance when I come back from work.” she told me.

 

I nodded. Aunt Mijoo, who was ready for her work, ran to me before giving me a peck on my hair. “Take care.” she said as she moved towards Chanyeol and planted another peck on his head. “Listen to noona, okay.” reminded her to make both of us look at each other.

 

I smirked and the hilarious thing was he was afraid that he quickly looked away from me. I love it when he scares me.

 

That night I decided to be in my room since I just remembered that I had a quiz tomorrow and yeah for everyone's information, I love last minute study. That’s me. I was struggling with some calculations before my phone suddenly rang and made me look at the screen of the phone. Who called me at this time? Seunghee? I took the phone and to my surprise, it was…. CHAE HYUNGWON!

 

I pick up the phone call quickly. “Hyungwon…?”

 

“Oh Hanseol ahh. Glad to hear your voice.”

 

My heart pumped. “Why are you saying that?” My stomach felt like flying away, empty but full with the sweetness of Hyungwon’s voice.

 

“You were not in good condition just now at school. I asked Seunghee but it seemed like she was clueless. So, I want to ask straight from you. Are you okay?”

 

Doesn’t he sound gentle? This is what we call sweetness overload. I cleared my throat and without knowing, I was smiling along. “I’m good. Just… a bit tired because of the math quiz tomorrow.” I answered.

 

Then, he was laughing warmly through the phone to make me soft. Aww he is so cute when he laughs through my ear. “Ohhh no wonder. My quiz was yesterday and I tell you, it was quite hard.”

 

I sighed. “Why don’t you tell me earlier? I’m dying with those formulas.”

 

“That is the reason why I call you. I know you will need me.” Then, he chuckled again. That pretty and warm laugh! Ugh I hope he is beside me right now. “You can ask me anything but sorry, the questions I can’t tell you exactly unless…”

 

“Unless…?”

 

“Unless you bring me to a date tomorrow.”

 

Wait? Am I hearing it wrong or what? My heart was pumping and suddenly felt like it stopped from beating. I my dry lips many times before chuckling fakely. “Aihh stop joking a-around.” I was stuttering. Stuttering. I hate being stuttering like this!

 

Again, Hyungwon laughed. “You are so cute, Hanseol. So, after school, okay. Deal?”

 

“Huh?” What should I reply? Once I was about to reply to Hyungwon, the door opened as Chanyeol came in with his toy in his hand. “Noona…” he called me, surprising me. “Hanseol? Is there anyone-”

 

“I will call you back.” With a fast action I ended the call and put away the phone. Wait? Why am I nervous? It’s only this boy. I looked at him while he was scratching his hair with the toy in his hand. “What do you want?” I asked him as I pretended to study again.

 

He ducked his lips. “I’m hungry.”

 

I sighed. “We just ate, dude. How big your stomach huh?” I said sarcastically. It was either he understood or not, I did not even care as he just faced me with his gullible eyes. “If you want to eat, just go to the kitchen and eat on your own.” I told him and he nodded in understanding. He then walked out before I took back my phone and started to call Hyungwon again.

 

“Hyungwon?”

 

“Oh Hanseol. What happened?”

 

I bit my lips. “Urmm… My aunt. She was checking on me.” I lied. Nobody should know that Chanyeol exists in this house.

 

“Really?”

 

And now he sounded suspicious towards me. What should I do? I looked around nervously, trying to avoid his question. “D-Deal.” What did I just say?

 

“Deal?”

 

“Yes. About just now.”

 

“Ohhh okay. I know you hate promises but still, we had a deal.”

 

I smiled. He really knows me better than anyone. He will never hurt me, I mean he knows what I hate and what I like. Doesn’t it mean that we are meant to be together? “Okay so, about the quiz-”
 

PRAAAKKKKK!!!
 

I jumped in surprise once I heard those sounds. “What was that, Hanseol?” I ignored Hyungwon’s question before I ended the call again. In a second, I ran out to the kitchen, praying that the thing that I expected will never happen. I looked at the kitchen as Chanyeol was frozen in the cabinet while looking at me in horror. I looked down on the floor. A plate broke into pieces. My sight slowly changed to that tall little boy before my breath was ups and downs in anger.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!!!!!!!”