Six

MR DISORDER

“So, Hyungwon and you shared the same drink? Uwahh…” Seunghee clapped her hands happily while I sipped some water before taking a bite of the ice cream. We were talking for almost three hours and the clock was ticking until it reached 10 pm. We walked together towards our neighbourhood while Seunghee and I kept talking about Hyungwon all the time. “You should make a move now, Hanseol.”

 

I looked at Seunghee. “Should I?” I asked her, nervousness attacked my nerves.

 

She smiled. “Of course. You guys look perfect together. Do you know? All students has been expecting that you and Hyungwon will date one day.” told her to make me smile wider.

 

“Really?”

 

Seunghee nodded. “They said that Hyungwon always cares about you and you are always there when Hyungwon needs you.” she added.

 

I was too shy to look at her as we continued to walk to our home. Once I reached my house, I looked around the house. Silent. “He slept already?” I wondered since the house was quite soundless, like no one at home. I unlocked the door before slowly went in. “I’m home.” I spun around and do you know what happened?

 

I rounded my eyes in disbelief. “PARK CHANYEOL!!!”

 

There was water all around the floor and chips snacks were messily on the couch. Of course, his dinosaurs toys all over the floor too. Chanyeol, who was from the kitchen, ran out to me with his wet pajamas and HIS HAIR!! His face had a stain of chocolate and his hands and ugh. “Ya! What are you doing?!” I yelled as he looked down on the floor, scared.

 

“I-I was playing with Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus and-”

 

“And what?!” I asked him in anger while my fist was rounded which it could fly on his face whenever I lost my temper.

 

He tugged on his pajamas. “And I’m hungry.”

 

I was shaking while my blood boiled at the highest temperature. I stomped towards him before pushing him and I thought it was very slow, he just… fell down. And there he goes… He cried loudly while his tears were rolling on his cheeks like for real! “I told you to stay here and don’t go anywhere. Why are you so stubborn?” I scolded him and made him cry louder.

 

I massaged my forehead. My eyes were roaming around the messy house. If I could do something, I will definitely punch this boy for being annoying and stupid.

 

“I’m scared. Noona looks scary~” he howled in a noise. I heaved a sigh, not wanting to let other neighbours wake up just because of him, I squatted beside him. “Ya Park Chanyeol…” I called his full name again and he still… crying. I sighed before palming his mouth as he faced me with his wet face due to tears that he made. “Quiet. I said quiet.” I tried to shush him. Geez… I’m bad at this.

 

He sobbed in my palm but his eyes kept producing his precious tears. “Fine fine. I’m not angry anymore, see.” I faked a smile as his sobbing became slower. Thank God, he stopped.

 

I removed my hand away from him. “But what you did is not a good thing.” I controlled my voice, afraid that it would raise up again. “What you should do now?” I asked him. Lesson 1, little boy.

 

“I don’t know.” he said between his wimp.

 

I took a deep breath. “You should say sorry.” I said make he looked up at me with his teary eyes. “You make me angry, is it a good or bad thing?” I asked like a teacher.

 

“Bad…” he answered shortly, his lips were pouted, making him look so innocent.

 

“Good. So… where is your sorry?”

 

As he was about to say sorry, I stopped him. “Wait. Sit properly first.” I ordered before he did as I said. “Now, wipe your tears.” a second order from me made him wipe his cheeks with the back of his hands. I smiled over his obedience. “Good. When you do something bad, you should say ‘I’m sorry, Hanseol noona’ with a bow like this.” I demoed a bow with 90 degrees while he was staring at my action.

 

“Understand?”

 

He nodded as he bowed just like I did. “I’m sorry, Hanseol noona.” he said politely, making me smile with pride. Lesson 1 complete. I looked at him who was still in that kind of posture. Aish this boy… “You can wake up now.” I said as he sat straight vertically. I cleared my throat. “So now, you should help me clean the mess you make.” I told him.

 

He nodded, looking like he was still scared of me. Well, that was a good thing though. I removed my jacket before putting it aside. I pulled my sleeves up while Chanyeol followed my action, pulling up his long sleeves too. “You go and pick up your toys. Put it in the box in your room.” I commanded him as he quickly picked one by one his dinosaurs.

 

I rolled my eyes before I took a mop and started to wipe the water on the floor. This is hard. A wipe I made, a sigh came out from me. If only I didn’t leave him alone at home, this wouldn’t happen. After mopping, I pick up those chips on the couch.

 

“Park Chanyeol!” I shouted his name and he ran to me instantly. “Take a wet rug and help me dust the chips’ sprinkles.” I ordered again as he nodded and ran to the kitchen.

 

“Noona, what is the rug?” he asked from afar.

 

I sighed. “The one on the sink. Blue colour napkin. Get it?”

 

“Oh nae~” he came again to me with a rug. As I started to pick up all the chips, he dusted away those sprinkles that made me smile. He knows what to do. After 2 hours cleaned up the mess that one person made, I laid down my tired torso on the carpet while Chanyeol threw himself on the couch, exhausted. “Are you tired?” I asked him and he only nodded.

 

“Now remember, you shouldn’t do this again. Understand?” I warned him. Hope this will be my last warning and reminder to him and he will never do this again. Ever AGAIN!

 

He only nodded before I could see he was slowly closing his eyes. I am the one who should fall asleep first, not you. I shook my head as I stretched my body, producing crack sounds to make me relieved from tiredness. “Ughh I want to skip school please.” I murmured alone.

 

“Hanseol?”

 

I wrinkled my eyes when I heard my name being called. Somebody shook my body and made me open my eyes slowly. “Arrhhhh!” I shouted in surprise as Aunt Mijoo was the first person I saw. I palmed my ups and down my chest while looking at her with my twitched eyes. “Ahh Immoo….” I whined and made Aunt Mijoo sit beside me.

 

“Hanseol ah…”

 

“Hmm?” I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

 

“Why are you sleeping on the couch?”

 

I stopped myself from rubbing my eyes before looking around. Everything was neat as usual. “Ohh… I was watching TV yesterday. I don’t know when I fall asleep.” I lied while yawning with a big mouth. Aunt Mijoo looked at me for a long time, making me frown my forehead in confusion. “What?” I questioned her.

 

“Where is Chanyeol?”

 

My heart beat suddenly stopped. I turned my sight towards another couch beside me. No one. I roamed my eyes around. Still. “He was… with me yesterday.” I said hesitantly. There was no way that he could lose in this house. “Immo, he is not with you?” I asked Aunt Mijoo the stupidest question. It was clear that Chanyeol was not with her, my silly came again.

 

A knock on my head made me growl in pain. “Immo!” I rubbed my head.

 

“If he is with me, I will not ask you about him. I just came back and it’s 4 in the morning. My duty finished a bit late today. Now where is he?”

 

I bit my lips. How could I know? “I-I don’t know.” I nervously answered as aunt Mijoo sighed.

 

“Let’s find him.” Aunt Mijoo pulled my hand up or more specifically, dragging me with her.

 

The house was not that big. It looked a bit big because of the compound of the house. Well, Aunt Mijoo loves flowers but I only can see grasses. Aunt Mijoo ran to his room while I was searching for him in the kitchen. “Channie yaa, where are you?” Immo called while moving to my room which is beside his room. Probably he was not in his room.

 

“Ya Park Chanyeol, where are you?” I sought reluctantly at the kitchen before leaned my torso on the wall, gave up on finding him.

 

Aunt Mijoo went out of my room before her eyes glared on me. “Gong Hanseol. There is no time to rest now. Go and find him outside. Immo will search him at the store behind.” ordered her as I heaved a breath. This is tiring. I peeped through the curtain where outside there was kind of dark and scary. I took out my phone before switching the flash on.

 

Ugh I hate this! My nerves suddenly felt shaky and the night wind was not a joke. Colder than ice. “Ya Park Chanyeol! Stop playing around and come out now!” I shouted as I heard something from the side of the house.

 

No! I’m not ready for the ghost thing.

 

“Chanyeol…” I called his name. “Is it… y-you?” seems like only breath talking came out from me.

 

I torched the flash towards the dark place and suddenly a black tall figure appeared to make me feel down. “Immo!!!!!” I shouted in fear as I palmed my face, not wanting to see those hideous faces. I felt a hand palmed my arm make me screamed louder before I pushed anything that stood in front of me. “Immo, save me!!” I shouted as I heard a crying voice. Ghost!!!!

 

Aunt Mijoo ran out to me before she hugged me tightly. “Ya Gong Hanseol, what’s wrong?” she asked in worry made me pointed to the thing that I saw just now.

 

“It’s Chanyeol, Hanseol ah.”

 

Chanyeol?

 

I looked up to see Chanyeol was in tears while rubbing his arm. “Why did you push him?” asked Aunt Mijoo before she got Chanyeol who was crying.

I fixed my shirt while glared at that boy. “Ya! Can you just stop troubling me?! You are such a burden!” I yelled and made Chanyeol cry even more.

“Gong Hanseol. Watch your words.” warned Aunt Mijoo while she was comforting Chanyeol who was in her arms, weeped like a baby.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Such a hassle.” I stomped my feet into the house before I could hear Aunt Mijoo keep shouting my name and that boy’s cry was getting louder. He shouldn’t stay here. I went to my room, having a rest like nothing happened but my ears caught that boy's complaint. “Noona scared me.” cried him.

 

I ‘tch’ ed. “Serve your right.”

 

My morning was perfectly fine. I prepared for school as usual and quickly walked out to the dining table, having breakfast. “Oh… you wake up early today.” praised Aunt Mijoo and I just smiled lightly before taking a bite of my toast.

 

“By the way, Chanyeol was missing his parents. That’s why he went out and he was trying to get the bicycle but you caught him.” explained Aunt Mijoo and I just ignored it. Because of him, my morning was quite exhausting. “Wait here. Immo call Chanyeol to breakfast together-”

 

I stood up while wearing my bag. “It’s okay, Immo. I’m going to school now. See you.” I walked out quickly, not wanting to have breakfast with that guy again. It will definitely ruin my whole day if I eat with him on one table.

 

Well, at school. Nothing changed. I was sleepy and my head seemed like it did not cooperate with me very well. Instead of focusing in class, my eyes were sloth- like with panda eye bags due to lack of sleep. Seunghee stared at me during the break, making me uncomfortable. “What’s wrong? Why are you staring at me this whole time?” I asked her before she had a sip of water.

 

“Are you… alright?”

 

I nodded in doubt.

 

“Why do you look so… pale?”

 

I sighed. “I was… watching late night drama.” I lied.

 

Seunghee giggled as she suddenly poked my hand. “Hyungwon.” She mouthed to me slowly to enlighten my face.

 

“Hey girls.” Hyungwon greeted us as he took a seat beside me. Oh no… my heart… Hyungwon glanced at me before he poked my cheek, sending electricity to my nerves. I was surprised that made me face him. “Why do you look so tired?” he asked as I palmed my face. Is it obvious? It’s all that boy’s fault!

 

I faked a smile. “Am I? Ah nonsense. I am okay.” I answered, not wanting him to keep on asking questions since I was tired to even open my mouth now. Hyungwon smiled before he offered a snack. “Anyone?” he asked. I really wanted to eat but I was too tired even to move my hand.

 

“Come on, Hanseol. Eat it to energize you.” Hyungwon handed me the snack.

 

I looked at the snack as I recognized those chips. “This…”

 

“Yes?” Hyungwon looked at me and so did Seunghee.

 

These chips! The same chips as that boy chips! Because of him, I was not in the mood to eat chips. “Ughh!” I pushed away Hyungwon’s hand and both of them surprisingly looked at me. I stood up before walking away from them. Before my mood gets worse, better I go. I went to the restroom and without noticing, I fell asleep in there.

 

The school ended as I walked home, not as usual with no companion like Seunghee and no ‘goodbye’ to Hyungwon. It was all that boy fault. I was having this mood swing since my mind was full with the tense between me and that little rascal!

 

I reached quite early as I went into the house tiredly. “I’m home-”

 

I was stepping on something sharp and fell down on something hard. Not to mention the pain on my was double hurt since yesterday. I looked at my toes, to know what I step onto just now. Dinosaur. I fist my hands in anger. This is too much!

 

“PARK CHANYEOL!!!”