Thirty Eight

MR DISORDER

We went back home after returning from the hospital. I was clinged to Chanyeol the whole time as Aunt Mijoo separated us because she wanted to bathe Chanyeol. I had to agree before I got to my room. I changed my clothes to pajamas before sitting on the bed while blankly stared at the floor. I took out my phone as I gazed on my parents’ photo on the screen. “The person that you hit was him? But why…” I can’t help but tears rolled on my cheeks instantly.

 

The door opened before Aunt Mijoo came in. “Hanseol ah…” she saw me crying and she ran to me quickly and brought me into her arms. “Why are you crying?” She comforted me as I leaned on her.

 

“I’m the one that makes Chanyeol like this, Immo...” I cried guilt.

 

Aunt Mijoo brushed my tears away as she hugged me tighter. “It’s not your fault, dear. It's fate.”

 

I shook my head reluctantly. “If I didn’t ask them to promise me to come home quickly, Chanyeol would never be like this. Why was I acting so childish that time? Ahh stupid, Gong Hanseol!” I punched my head many times to make Aunt Mijoo gripped my hands tightly before I burst into tears. If I could scream loudly at this moment, I would do it. It was too painful for me to face it.

 

“Just forget it, okay. It was an accident and Chanyeol’s family had accepted the fate about what happened to him. It’s time for all of us to move on and make a new life.” Aunt Mijoo persuaded me as I sobbed in sadness.

 

I looked up at her with my wet face. “But why him?” I still can’t accept the fact that the guy that involved my parents’ accident was Park Chanyeol.

 

She smiled. “Because if this doesn’t happen, you will never meet Chanyeol and maybe, your parents wanted to be responsible towards the promise that they made for you by asking God to send Chanyeol to you. Don’t you think so?” Aunt Mijoo convinced me as I hugged her again. “Don’t be sad. Chanyeol will be hurt if he knows you are crying like this. See, your face looks ugly~” , making me giggled.

 

“Where is he?” I asked.

 

“I already put him to sleep. Cah, now I need to put my other one baby here to sleep.” she pinched my cheek softly.

 

After a few hours Aunt Mijoo calmed me down, I slowly laid on my bed while Aunt Mijoo kept staying beside me until we fell asleep together. The next morning I was awake with Aunt Mijoo’s voice singing from the kitchen. I smiled in gladness since I can hear that voice again. I got ready for my school day as I wore my school uniform neatly. I stood in front of the mirror before stared at my puffy eyes.

 

“Ugh my eyes…”

 

The door knocked made me face aside to see Chanyeol was peeking on me through the slight gap of the door. I smiled automatically once I saw him. “Noona?”

 

“Yes, dear?” I answered lovingly.

 

He came in with dinosaur toys in his arms. “Are you crying again?” he asked while scratching his hair in worry.

 

I giggled before I shook my head. “Nope. I didn’t cry.” I told him. “Come, let’s eat breakfast together.” I held his hand and made him smile, showing his perfect teeth smile. We walked together to the dining table while Aunt Mijoo was busy preparing a set course of traditional breakfast that made me and Chanyeol gawked in amazed.

 

“Today is a special breakfast for my cutie kids~” she chanted before we burst into laughter.

 

We took our breakfast happily and I laughed more than ever. Once I finished breakfast, I got ready at the gate house for school while Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol sent me to the front. “Are you working today, Immo?” I asked as I was wearing my shoes.

 

“Nope.” she answered shortly before I got a peck from my aunt on my forehead.

 

I faced Chanyeol who was pouting his lips. I smiled as I pinched his ducked lips. “Why~” I asked, making him blink his eyes in innocence to me.

 

“I want to play with noona~” he whined.

 

I brushed his hair in cute before hugged him in loving. “Aigoo~ Later, I will come home quickly and we play the whoooooooole day!” I persuaded him to enlighten him again with his wide smile. I waved to them before walked to school in happy. Then, I saw Seunghee who was talking to Jihoon at the entrance of the school make me ran to them. “Seunghee ah~ Jihoon ah~” I greeted them as they waved to me in happiness.

 

Seunghee glanced at me. “Why are you looking so happy?” she asked puzzled.

 

I rolled my eyes. “Why? I can’t be happy?” I exclaimed, making her sighed.

 

“I’m just asking, silly.” Seunghee added before she faced Jihoon again. “Thank you for sending me here.” She thanked him in embarrassment and made me chuckle secretly. Jihoo nodded as they hugged each other and waved goodbye before Jihoon went to his school which was nearby our school. I narrowed my eyes to her as I elbowed her teasingly. “Ya! You make me blushed~” Seunghee palmed her face in embarrassment.

 

I snickered since it was my first time seeing Seunghee being so giddy like this. “When did you guys start?” I questioned while we were walking to the school building.

 

She smiled. “Hmm from the party.” she replied shortly.

 

“Woah that was fast!” I said in disbelief.

 

Seunghee crossed her arms on her chest. “Well, we like each other so why should we wait longer.” she answered calmly. “Oh ya what about you and Hyungwon?” She suddenly mentioned Hyungwon and made me realise that I hadn’t answered him yet. “Talking about him, there he is.” Seunghee pointed to a tall figure who was looking at the bulletin school board.

 

I my dry lips in nervousness.

 

“Just tell him the truth.”

 

I looked aside at Seunghee who was nodding her head, reassuring me to meet him. I took a deep breath before moving closer to Hyungwon. He was too focused with the news on the board until he didn’t realise that I was already standing beside him. I cleared my throat and he turned his head aside as he smiled tenderly once he saw me. “Hey…” I greet him.

 

“Hey. Are you alright? Your eyes look tired.” he said.

 

I quickly touched my eyes. “Ohh I watched drama last night so yeah....” I lied before an awkward silence between us made me look around in nervousness. Oh gosh… We haven’t been awkward like this.

 

“So-” both of us said simultaneously, making the two of us giggled.

 

“You go first.” Hyungwon uttered.

 

I thinned my lips while gathering all courageous to speak to him. “Hyungwon, I… I’m sorry about what happened last time. I just went away without giving you any answer.” I apologized. “And about the answer, again I am sorry, Hyungwon. I-”

 

“We still can be friends, right?” he butted in to make me look up at him in surprise.

 

He gave me a smile that he used to give to me everyday as I smiled back at him. “Are you okay with that?” I asked for a confirmation.

 

Hyungwon nodded before hugging my shoulder. “I’m sorry for being selfish.” he said guiltily and I shook my head.

 

“I’m the one that should say sorry for everything.”

 

“Why are we keep saying sorry to each other?” Hyungwon giggled as both us burst into laughter while we were walking slowly to the class. “Seunghee was right. We were born to be friends.”

 

I nodded before a hug attacked us, making both me and Hyungwon almost fall down on the floor. “Best friend forever!!” Seunghee squealed in excitement as we hugged Seunghee who was walking between us. Then, we started to talk again about the memories that we kept for almost 10 years and we had pledged to each other that we will always be friends forever.

 

The school ended and I felt like I was reborned because everything seems fine and happy to me. I got my friends back which were Hyun Seunghee and Chae Hyungwon and of course, we left a few more days before final examination coming soon and we will be free from school. “Hanseol, let’s go for an ice shave~” Seunghee invited.

 

I wanted to go but I told Chanyeol to come home early. “I’m sorry. I need to go home.” I told her.

 

She pouted since Hyungwon had left for practice with Monsta X. “Ahhh it must be Chanyeol.” she sulked while ducked her lips.

 

I giggled. “I’m sorry, Seunghee ah~ Perhaps, next time?” I convinced her.

 

“Fine but your treat.”

 

I nodded as both of us walked together to our neighbourhood. As usual, we separated once we arrived at the divided way where Seunghee went to the left and I moved to the right. Once I arrived, I saw a car that was quite familiar to me as my heart felt uneasy and made me enter the house instantly. My eyes fell on a woman who was talking with Aunt Mijoo while Chanyeol was playing dinosaur beside them. “A-Aunt Jiho…?”

 

All of them changed their sight to me before Chanyeol ran to me quickly. “Noona~” he hugged me and made me smile but my eyes were still plastered on Aunt Jiho.

 

Aunt Mijoo who just now sat on the couch, stood up and pulled me to take a seat. I bowed politely to Aunt Jiho as she gave me a smile. “How was school?” she asked in a friendly way.

 

I smiled lightly. “Good.” I answered simply.

 

“You seem good with Chanyeol now. Is he well behaved? He must give you a hard time, right? I am really sorry for-”

 

I looked up at her. “Do you come here to take Chanyeol?” I asked directly as Aunt Jiho and Aunt Mijoo rounded their eyes in surprise.

 

Chanyeol who heard it stopped from playing before looking at us. “I don’t want to go back!” he shouted before storming into his room.

 

All of us were shocked that Chanyeol suddenly acted and made me sighed. Aunt Mijoo looked at me as she held my hand. “Hanseol, behave yourself.” she murmured since Aunt Jiho’s expression changed since this was her first time seeing me like this and perhaps, Chanyeol too. I swept my face in tense while Aunt Mijoo kept on caressing my back, calming me down. “I’m sorry about just now, Jiho shi.” Aunt Mijoo said on my behalf.

 

“It’s okay, Mijoo shi.” she kindly said and then she faced me. “Hanseol shi, I am here to bring good news for both of you. My brother, Chanyeol's father, had found a good therapy for him and that is my biggest reason I am here.” she explained and it surprised me.

 

I eyed Aunt Jiho as determined. “Really? Are you sure?” I asked excitedly.

 

She nodded with a smile but then, it faded in a second, making me anxious. “Thus, what you asked just now, I will answer it now.” she took a breath. “I am here to take Chanyeol back because the therapy will be in America with a doctor that is an expert in disorder and psychology over there.” she finally said it.

 

My heart was paused for a while as my hands were trembling in nervousness. “N-No…” I half whispered before palming my chest to calm myself. Nooo….