Thirty Six

MR DISORDER

I walked towards the school in a very slow move. My mind was full of Chanyeol. It was already three months since he was with us and I felt like I had been knowing him for years, so how can I let him go? I sighed before massaging my temple in stress. Probably Aunt Mijoo was pranking me, I shouldn’t believe her that much. However, the uneasy feeling kept on playing and it messed me up.

 

As I reached the school entrance, I walked in without hesitation before someone grabbing my arm made me stop instantly. “Oh Seunghee…?” I was surprised with her sudden appearance.

 

She eyed me weirdly. “Don’t you notice me?” Seunghee asked.

 

I frowned my eyebrows cluelessly.

 

Seunghee sighed. “I was standing right in front of you and you just passed me by?” she questioned in disbelief.

 

“Oh really?” I was confused too, why didn't I even see her? What is wrong with me? “I’m sorry. I…” I pondered. “I did see you but I was trying to prank you!” I lied before giggling fakedly. “My prank wasn’t good enough.” I mumbled alone.

 

She shook her head as we linked our arms together as usual. In the meantime, in the class, my eyes were on the board but my mind was outside the class. The conversation with Aunt Mijoo about Aunt Jiho coming back here really impacted me a lot. Seunghee elbowed me and made me wake up from daydream. “Ya, are you okay?” she whispered.

 

I faced her as I smiled. “I’m good.” I whispered back at her even though I lied while covered with my calm expression, I really hope Seunghee won’t realise it.

 

The break time came before all students ran to the canteen. I looked around since I had lost something. Seunghee who was just coming back from the canteen as she bought some rice rolls. “Are you looking for your Prince Hyungwon?” she asked in a teased make me gave a light slap on her arm before she fakely put on hurt expression.

 

“Well, since you know who I am looking for, so where is he?” I asked her back.

 

Seunghee took a slice of the rice roll before munched in happiness. “He is not coming today until the final exam because he has practice.” replied her with full.

 

“Practice?”

 

“Monsta X won the competition, remember? The grand prize is they will go to Japan and compete with other groups there.” she briefed.

 

I gaped my mouth not in speechlessness but in pride of course.

 

“Hanseol ah.”

 

I looked up at her. “What?”

 

“Are you alright? I mean just tell me the truth. You know that you are not a good liar?”

 

I sighed. Seems like my lying was obvious enough for her. “I just… It’s not that I don’t want to tell you but I want to forget about it. Once I can’t endure it, I will share it with you okay? You definitely will understand me, right Seunghee?” I asked since I was not ready to mention Chanyeol or Aunt Jiho now. I know Seunghee will tolerate me.

 

She smiled. “It’s okay. I understand.” she uttered, making me smile widely at her. “But I can help you forget about that.”

 

“How?”

 

She gave a freak smile before the bell rang, signalling that the break time was over. All of us went back to class and the school started again as usual. Once the school ended, everyone was rushing out from the school while me and Seunghee walked out calmly. “So where are we going?” I asked because Seunghee didn’t tell me anything about it.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Seunghee pulled me out of the school before we went to a place that was quite familiar to me. I looked around as I eyed on her again. “Are we going to the studio that Monsta X used to practice?” I guessed and yeah, I was right.

 

I saw Monsta X and Hyungwon were practicing their performance and they did not even notice us at all. As the song that they danced to ended, we walked closer to them, surprising them. “Oh Seunghee, Hanseol!” Wonho greeted us before we bowed to them in politeness since they were older than us. Hyungwon who saw us happily moved forward. “What are you guys doing here?” he questioned.

 

“We are here to study.” Seunghee said sarcastically. “Ya! Of course we are here to see you, silly.” she scolded, made all of them laughed and so did me.

 

Hyungwon only giggled before his eyes fell on me. “Hanseol, are you alright? You look tired.” he asked in concern as it was normal to me when he asked for my condition.

 

I smiled. “I’m good. I was sleeping quite late yesterday so yeah…” I won’t explain further because it was true that I didn’t sleep well but the reason why I didn’t sleep well will remain secret from them.

 

As they were talking with Seunghee and me, I realized that Hyungwon kept his eyes on me and made me uncomfortable. Then, he held my hand and surprised me. “Guys, I need to borrow Hanseol for a while.” he told them before he dragged me with him to somewhere outside the dance studio. I was too clueless and blanked that I just followed him until he stopped at a quieter place.

 

I looked at him who was walking around strangely. “What is it, Hyungwon?” I giggled on his jumpy attitude as he paused in front of me.

 

“I have something to say to you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Hyungwon took a deep breath before he got closer to me and held my hand in his warm grip. “I’m going to Japan in a few weeks more and it will be a long journey because if I win the competition, they will send us to America for training, you know right?” he told me.

 

“Okay… Then?”

 

He heaved a sigh. “The training takes 2 to 3 years and it is a long period of time. So…”

 

I stared at him, waiting for him to keep on telling me.

 

“So, I want us to be something more than just friends, Hanseol.” he said nervously but without stuttering at all before he scratched his hair in resent. I eyed him not because I was surprised but I was totally lost and blank. “Okay…” he inhaled some breath as he caught my eyes quickly. “Will you… be my girlfriend?” he asked nervously since his hand was trembling on me.

 

To be honest, I was speechless. I should be happy but I didn’t know why I was so surprised. I faked a giggle. “Stop playing around, Hyungwon.” I chuckled but too bad, he did not even smile. Opps…

 

Hyungwon gave his most tender smile before caressing my hand softly. “I will wait for your answer and accept it in any way.” He said and it seemed like he knew that I was full of doubt towards him.

 

I thinned my lips awkwardly. “I… Have to go.” I excused myself before walking to Seunghee and dragged her with me. She was so surprised that she just followed me. Once we were quite far from them, I paused as I squatted down in stress. “Hyun Seunghee~ What I should do?” I whined and made Seunghee stare at me completely clueless.

 

“Ya, what is wrong? And why were you pulling me like that huh?” she asked before I pulled her to face me.

 

I sighed. “Hyungwon…”

 

She eyed on me. “Yes…?”

 

“He…”

 

“He what?”

 

I took a deep breath. “He confessed to me and he wants me to be his girlfriend.” I said it clear and fast to make Seunghee rounded her eyes in shock. I had expected her priceless reaction but I just loved to see it. She covered because she would scream whenever she wanted. “What should I do?” I whined as I messed my hair in doubt.

 

Seunghee gaped . “Ya! You like him, don’t you? So why are you still hesitating?” she asked in disbelief.

 

“I don’t know. Part of me feels happy and some parts of it are not. I don’t know what kind of answer he expects me to say.” I sighed.

 

She eyed me before wrapping my shoulder with her short arm. “Whatever your decision is, I will always support you, remember? Both of you are my friend and I think Hyungwon will definitely understand and accept your reply willingly. We used to be friends and always be friends forever, right?” Seunghee advised me as I hugged her in my arms.

 

“Seunghee ahh~ Thank you so much…” I thanked her in pamper as she patted my back gently.

 

The school day started again and since this will be our final year, everyone in our batch was busy studying for our last examination and of course, then we will be going for university entrance examination. Final year will be very tough for all students especially me and Seunghee who was still left behind. The school ended in just a blink of an eye as we went out from the school area happily.

 

I walked to my neighbourhood with Seunghee and we were just talking about our dream university. Once I arrived at home, I entered the house as my eyes roamed around the house. “Are you looking for Chanyeol?” asked Aunt Mijoo who suddenly appeared.

 

I nodded.

 

“He is at the back of the house.” she replied with a smile.

 

I ran out to the back of the house while Chanyeol was playing with a kitten at the back door. I smiled widely before quickly getting to him. “Chanyeol ah~” I called and instantly hugged him and he giggled.

 

“Noona is back~” he cheered happily as both of us jumped around excitedly.

 

I broke the hug before looking at him. “What are you doing?” I asked.

 

Chanyeol pointed to the kitten in innocence. “I was waiting for noona to come home and then, I found this kitten so I played with it first.” he answered fluently and brushed his hair cutely.

 

I smiled before holding his hand. “Cah let’s go in. Do you want to play together with me?” I questioned as he jumped in excited.

 

“Let’s play Dino Bowling!” he suggested, making me burst in laughter.

 

“Okay okay~ Let’s play Dino Bowling!” I agreed before both of us walked together into the house.