Thirty Three

MR DISORDER

I looked at Ms Han who was putting a tag on my dress and made me smile. “Congrats, my dear student.” Ms Han said and that was the first time I saw she was smiling at me. She rarely did that to me. I felt a warm hand greet my hand as I looked aside to Hyungwon, the one who was holding my hands. Everyone cheered in noise once Hyungwon encircled my waist. I put a smile in awkwardly before the party began again. 

 

We walked down from the stage together and Seunghee ran to us excitedly. “Congrats, my friends!” she jumped happily as she hugged me happily.

 

Jihoon shook his hand with Hyungwon. “You guys look good together though.” he praised me and Hyungwon smiled as we blushed. 


“Chae Hyungwon!”

 

All of us spun around to see Monsta X who came along to the party. I smiled while Wonho and Shownu were staring at me in amazement. “I don’t know that Hanseol will look so pretty.” Wonho complimented me as my red cheeks turned into real red due to a lot of praise. Hyungwon smiled before nodding reassured before both of them smiled shyly to each other.

 

The music played again as suddenly Wonho showed his hand to me. I was confused. “Can I dance with you, Hanseol?” he asked gently, making me giggled softly. It was awkward but I was too nervous now. 

 

An arm hugged my shoulder before pulling me closer to him. “Hyung, she is my partner. Go and find your own.” Hyungwon protested and Wonho pouted his lips in annoyance. He stuck out his tongue to Hyungwon as he walked away to find other girls.

 

I snickered. “Aihh what was that for?” I pinched him lightly on his arm making him ‘auch’ fakedly.

 

“Well, instead of you dancing with Wonho hyung, it is better you dance with me, right?” he lifted his eyebrows a few times and made me giggle but at the same time, I didn’t know why I was being quiet and silent all the way. Hyungwon bent down a bit to get the same height as me before gazing at me with his warm smile. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked in concern.

 

I shook my head. “Let’s dance.” I said to forget those uneasy feelings.

 

Hyungwon smiled before bringing me to a little space at the edge of the hall before we started to move following the jazzy song. I looked up at him while Hyungwon did not even change his sight from me. He smoothly put my arms around his neck while he palmed my waist which was quite strange for me. “So if I was not here just now and Wonho hyung invited you to dance with him, will you go?” he questioned randomly.

 

I pondered. “Well, if he the only guy who offer it to me, I will go of course.” I answered before Hyungwon knocked my head lightly. “Eihh what was that for?” I rubbed my head even it was not hurt at all.

 

He pouted his lips. “I taught you already. Don’t ever follow someone that you don’t know.” he lectured like a teacher.

 

I giggled. “Mr Chae Hyungwon, he is your friend thus, Wonho oppa is not a stranger to me.” I answered calmly, making Hyungwon round his eyes.

 

“Oppa?! Ya, who taught you that?” he asked in surprise.

 

“Wonho oppa did it.” I replied.

 

He gaped his mouth in disbelief. “Aih don’t call him like that in front of me. It makes me gross.” he said in disgust as I burst into laughter. Well the dance should be romantic and sweet for everyone especially me because all girls were hungry to dance with their hot prince which was Hyungwon. However, me and Hyungwon just casually danced while talking about something funny like this.

 

I endured my laugh while still dancing slowly with Hyungwon. “Let me add one more thing. I’m not a kid, dude. I know who is a stranger or not.” I added.

 

Hyungwon shook his head. “No no. For me, you look like an 8 years old kid.” Now, he was the one who laughed.

 

I was about to laugh but paused because he mentioned 8 years old. My mind instantly thought about Chanyeol and the promise that I made with him. I pretended to smile before awkwardly stopped the dance between me and him. “Hyungwon, can we stop here? I… I’m thirsty.” I lied as he nodded in understanding and we walked to the beverage corner where all Monsta X’s members, Seunghee and Jihoon stayed. 

 

“Why did you guys stop? Hyungwon is pretty boring, right Hanseol?” Wonho provoked me and I chuckled as Hyungwon was ready to hit .

 

I took a sip of drink before Seunghee came and elbowed me teasingly. “How were you and Hyungwon?” she asked. I bet Seunghee can be a good gossip reporter or she can work with dispatch for being busy.

 

“Nothing happened. We were just dancing.” I answered simply as I took another sip of drink.

 

Seunghee nodded, perhaps knew that I was not interested anymore talking about it. Then, a group of girls came to Monsta X and of course, Hyungwon will be one of their attention since he was part of Monsta X too. I looked at them, chatting with the girls and they took some photos together while for me and Seunghee, we called it ‘fanservice’. “Aren’t you jealous?” Seunghee asked but her eyes were directly to them.’’

 

I shrugged my shoulder. “Why should I? They are their fans.” I replied without hesitation.

 

Seunghee faced me. “Ya! It’s your Hyungwon though.” she said quite audibly but thanked God that the music was loud and that only people nearby could hear her.

 

“Correction. Our Hyungwon. He is our friend, remember?” I reminded her as she sighed, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

 

As I was enjoying the drinks and the music, Seunghee elbowed me before pointing to Ms Han who was playing with a kid. “Ms Han is not married yet but who is that boy?” I asked in strange while my eyes still eyed on Ms Han and the kid.

 

Seunghee came closer to my ear. “She is having an affair with a guy who has a kid. Plus, Ms Han had been taking care of that kid for almost three years and now, I think she is ready to build her own family.” she whispered, making me surprised in horror. 

 

I was so surprised that Seunghee palmed my mouth before showing her index finger on her lips, signed to keep it secretly. I got even closer to Seunghee since it will be a huge gossip of the year between me and her. “Are you sure? I thought she didn’t get married because she was so fierce that even a man was afraid of her.” I murmured whisperily.

 

She covered before getting closer to my ear again. “Ms Han will marry this year and that man’s kid loves her a lot but his wife knew about this so she decided to take their kid away before Ms Han married the man.” she told me.

 

“What?!” I half shouted and made some eyes on me and not only the students, Monsta X with their fans were also facing us in puzzlement. I bowed slightly before Seunghee dragged me out from the hall. “Are you really sure that his wife can take that kid away just like that?” I asked in curiosity.

 

Seunghee sighed. “Of course she can. She is the mother of the kid and she can take that boy whenever she wants because she has the right and more authority than the man.” she added.

 

I was lost in words. Poor Ms Han. Wait! Does it mean… 

 

“Why are you so surprised about this?” Seunghee asked while leaning her torso on the wall.

 

I pulled Seunghee to face me. “Does it mean parents can take their kid away just like that even if other people had taken good care of their child for a long time?” I asked with only one breathe make Seunghee astonished.

 

“Of course… No matter what, that is their child. Why?”

 

I my lips in nervousness. Does it mean Chanyeol’s parents will take Chanyeol whenever they want even if I am the one who takes care of him? What if I want to take care of him forever? Will they let me? They will, right? Seunghee flew her hand in front of me to make me oblivious quickly. I bit my lower lips before walking out from the school building.

 

Seunghee, who was confused with my sudden changes, quickly chased after me. “Gong Hanseol! Where are you going? The party is not over!” she shouted because we were a few metres away already.

 

I spun around. “I need to go! I had a promise!” I replied back before running fastly to the house.

 

The journey from home to school just now seems like a long path for me but it only took 5 minutes to reach home and as I arrived, I entered the house instantly. Aunt Mijoo was sleeping on the couch before I heard Chanyeol’s voice talking alone in the room made me rush to his room. He turned around once he realized my appearance as both of us hugged each other happily.

 

“Noona, you did it~” he cheered, making me tighten the hug.

 

I broke the hug, left a few inches of gap between me and him. “I had promised you to go out with this dress, remember?” I reminded him as he nodded with his wide smile. “So, let's do it.”

 

Chanyeol circled his eyes and his eyes were sparkling in excitement. “Yes! Let’s go~” he gleed in rejoice.

 

I held his hand before both of us tiptoed to the entrance door, not wanting to wake Aunt Mijoo up. I held his hand while Chanyeol swung our hands happily, making me giggle. We arrived at the park where Chanyeol made his own friends and the playground was still bright with lamps around it. He ran towards the slides as I only eyed on him from far.

 

“Noona, let’s play together~” I wanted to reject him since I was wearing a dress but Chanyeol, who was energetic enough for a kid, dragged me all the way to the slides.

 

I only followed him as he pushed me lightly from the upper slide and I slid down happily. I giggled because I had left the park for quite a long time. I took a seat at the swing before Chanyeol stopped my swing and made me pout. “Aihh… what’s wrong?” I asked as he stood up opposite of me, making me even more confused.

 

“Let’s play everything together.” he whined.

 

“But how?” I questioned cluelessly. He pulled me up as he sat on the swing. Then, he patted his lap and I instantly got nervous. “W-What’s that?” I stuttered.

 

Chanyeol held my hand before pulling me to him and before I could resist him, he led me to sit on his lap, making me nervous. “Noona hold the string, I will swing it okay?” he said as I anxiously held as per his told. Suddenly, his arm encircled my waist and gave chills to my nerves while his other hand gripped on the string. Slowly, the swing moved and made me smile. “Noona, how is it?” he asked as I felt his legs working hard to swing the thing.

 

I nodded happily and before we could know, both of us fell from the swing. “Auch!” I growled as I rubbed my knees while Chanyeol caressed his bum, probably in hurt. I looked at him and so did Chanyeol before the two of us burst into laughter. I hope he will stay for a long time.