Thirty Two

MR DISORDER

As the day passed by, the final year party got near as every student was busy with their preparation with their colleagues. Well, what about me and Seunghee? We used this time to conquer the canteen since everyone was discussing in the class for the party. I took a tray filled with a full course of lunch while Seunghee added extra meals from the owner.

 

We took a seat in the middle of the canteen because it looked like the canteen was empty and peaceful. “At last, we got the whole canteen!” Seunghee gleed before both of us started to eat happily.

 

“Oh Seunghee, Jihoon will pick you up or what?” I asked while munching the rice with chicken soup.

 

She wiped her lips before taking another spoonful of rice. “He will fetch me. Ya Hanseol, let’s go together. Hyungwon wouldn’t mind right?” she questioned.

 

“I will tell him later.” I said as the two of us started to dig in the food again. The break time ended while me and Seunghee calmly walked to the class since the teachers were also busy preparing themselves for the party though. As we walked to the class, Hyungwon was already waiting for us in front of our class as me and Seunghee ran to get him. “Oh Hyungwon ah…” I approached him as he smiled at me.

 

“Where have you been?” he asked.

 

“Lunch.” replied Seunghee.

 

He nodded. Seunghee elbowed me to tell him about the thing that we discussed just now. “Hyungwon ah, what is your plan for the party?” I asked him.

 

Hyungwon pondered. “Well, I will pick you up.” he answered with a tender smile shyly.

 

Seunghee, who was probably tired of seeing us smiling with each other, sighed loudly. “Chae Hyungwon, let’s go together. You pick Hanseol and then, we go together with me and Jihoon, alright?” Seunghee directly said make me giggled. Hyungwon furrowed his forehead in confusion before his eyes fell on me and then, he changed to Seunghee again.

 

“Who is Jihoon?” he asked awkwardly.

 

I laughed meanwhile Seunghee was so done with him. “Remember Woozi, member of Seventeen? The one that got first place during the first competition?” explained Seunghee but Hyungwon was still clueless. She sighed, making me laugh even more. “The one that his brother Lee Chan, remember? Jihoon is the same person as Woozi, remember?”

 

Hyungwon nodded, perhaps he remembered it. “Ohh Jihoon. Yes yes he is Woozi. The short guy, right?” guessed him before he got a slap on his arm lightly by Seunghee.

 

“Don’t call him short, you rascal.” she defended her man very well now.

 

Both me and Hyungwon burst into laughter, making Seunghee pout . “You guys are so mean.” she sulked as I hugged her shoulder, comforting her.

 

“I’m sorry, okay. So Hyungwon, how?” I went back to the topic that we discussed just now.

 

“Oh sure sure. So, we will gather at the same place?” Hyungwon asked for confirmation as Seunghee nodded many times.

 

As we were about to go on our own class, I stopped Hyungwon for a while and he spun around to face me. “Hyungwon ah, you don’t need to take me from my house. I will come to the gathering place.” I told him as he looked at me with his blank expression. “Why? Is there anything wrong?” he asked puzzled , making me smile again.

 

“Are you sure?” he asked, probably worried.

 

I chuckled. “Don’t worry. It’s not that far. I will come to you instead of you coming to me, okay?” I said make him nod in understanding.

 

The school ended as the whole school cheered because this will be our final year party and then, we have to go through examination for the last time before we decide to go to universities. I was walking with Seunghee to our neighbourhood while she kept talking about how great to be an adult and university life that Ms Han mentioned in class.

 

“So what course do you want to take in university, Seunghee?” I asked.

 

She thought while looking around. “Hmm probably management.” she answered.

 

“Why?”

 

“Me and Jihoon planned to build our own company so both of us need to be experts in management and business of course.” she told me and I could feel that she already has her own dream. “What about you?” she asked me back.

 

I thinned my lips as my mind reminded me of something. “I don’t know. Professional therapy perhaps or research methodology.” I replied to make Seunghee face me instantly.

 

“I think you really like that Chanyeol.” she suddenly mentioned that name, flustering me in surprise. “I got you~” she teasingly said as I rolled my eyes.

 

We stayed silent until we reached the center of the way that separated our house. “So you like him?” Seunghee broke the silentness that surrounded us since she teased me just now. I looked around but couldn’t help to glance at Seunghee who was staring at me all the time. Her eyesight signaled me to tell her everything that hid in my heart.

 

I sighed. “I shouldn’t like him. You know it too.” I said weakly.

 

Seunghee chuckled. “Ya Gong Hanseol, it’s not about him, it’s you.” she said.

 

I gazed at her in confusion. “Why me?”

 

“The first time you reject Hyungwon's invitation to Jooheon’s birthday celebration, I know there is something different from you. I had been friends with you for almost 12 years and if you excuse yourself just because of Aunt Mijoo, it was ridiculous. Because I know you will do anything just to be with Hyungwon but it was all because of Chanyeol, right?” she said or most likely she was guessing it perfectly.

 

I was amazed by how he caught it in just a split second as Seunghee laughed. “Ya, you are too easy to predict. Listen, Hanseol. Lower your ego if you really do love him.” she said like an advisor made me smile.

 

“Fine. I will think about it first, okay.” I replied as we went to each other's house.

 

I entered the house full of hope that the one that will greet me was someone that I expected to approach me first. “Noona~” Chanyeol gleed happily before I ran into his arms as we hugged each other. We jumped around like we hadn’t met for a long time. Aunt Mijoo who saw us only giggled at the side. “He’s been waiting for you, Hanseol.” told Aunt Mijoo as I faced Chanyeol.

 

“Really?”

 

He nodded in excitement and made me mess his hair cutely. Maybe Seunghee was right. I should lower down my ego for myself though. “Noona, let’s play Dino Bowling!” Chanyeol said with his sparkle rounded eyes.

 

I snickered before agreeing to play with him.

 

The day of the final year party came as Aunt Mijoo was busy dressing me up with the new dress that I bought. Chanyeol was sitting on my bed while stares at me and Aunt Mijoo. “Where do you want to go, noona?” he asked before eating his lollipop which he was holding since he came to my room. I smiled before turning around for Aunt Mijoo to fix my ribbon on my back.

 

“I’m going to my party at school.” I told him.

 

He stood up instantly. “I want to go too~” he whined, making Aunt Mijoo giggled.

 

“You can go but not today, okay?” Aunt Mijoo tried to persuade him.

 

Chanyeol ducked his lips as usual. “Why? I want to go with noona wearing this dress prettily.” he started to complain with his pouty lips.

 

I smiled. “Sure, Channie ya~ Let’s go out together while I wear this dress okay?” I convinced him to cheer him happily before clapping his hands in excitement.

 

Once I was done, Aunt Mijoo caked me a bit with a light makeup. She said that my face shouldn’t have too much makeup because it will make me look uglier. Aunt Mijoo ran to her room before taking her phone to take a picture of me. I smiled on the camera as I called Chanyeol to join me. Both of us smiled widely for the picture before Aunt Mijoo took a selfie of the three of us.

 

I went out to the front while Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol sent me out. “Be careful, dear.” She reminded me and made me nod in understanding.

 

My eyes fell on Chanyeol who was staring at me sadly as I came closer to him. I cupped his face before pushing his head up. “I will go out with you in this dress, okay. I promise.” I said make Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol looked at me in surprise. I giggled. “Don’t worry. I will be fully responsible with my promise.” I told him and before I walked away, I poked his nose to make his smile show his dimples.

 

I walked to the place we usually gathered and I saw the three of them, Seunghee, Jihoon and Hyungwon were waiting for me perhaps. I moved closer to them as I cleared my throat. “Sorry, I’m late.” I apologized.

 

Three of them spun around before Seunghee circled her eyes in astonishment. “Ya, Gong Hanseol! Why are you so pretty tonight? Ahhh I told you she will win the princess title tonight.” she blabbered and made me giggled.

 

Seunghee started to walk with Jihoon as I could feel a pair of eyes kept staring at me. I faced Hyungwon. “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, uncomfortable.

 

He smiled. “I don’t know that you will be this beautiful.” he praised and made me blushed.

 

“So before this, I was not beautiful?” I asked.

 

Hyungwon giggled. “Well, I was too blind to see it. Anyways, shall we?” he handed his hand out to me as I grabbed his hands before the four of us walked together to the school hall. Once we arrived, the hall was full of students and they all were dressed up elegantly, which made me feel insecure a bit since I bought a very simple dress. Well, I didn’t want to look over though.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Hyungwon whispered.

 

I nodded as he securely gripped my hand.

 

“Dear all final year students, welcome to the Final Year Party 2018. Thank you for coming to the party. Now, whoever comes with their partners can take part at any edge of the hall for a dance. In the meantime, we will evaluate you to choose the best couple, prince and princess of 2018. Have fun and let’s hit the floor.”

 

Hyungwon faced me before signalling me to dance with him. I giggled as both of us went to a little space at the center of the hall before moving and followed the rhythm of the music. Hyungwon who was wearing a full set of grey coat and slack pants made him look like a perfect boyfriend style. I caught some eyes checking on him but his sight was on me all the time making me uneasy. “You look too handsome tonight.” I complimented him while we moved around with the music.

 

“Oh really? How do you know?” he asked, still dancing with me.

 

“The girls are looking at you now.”

 

He looked around before glancing at me again. “Are you jealous?” he lifted his eyebrows naughtily and made me giggled.

 

“In your dream.” I as he pouted his lips but then, he chuckled with his own expression. “I want to say sorry.” I said all of a sudden as our movement got slower.

 

“Why?”

 

I smiled. “For everything. I made you go through a hard time when me and Seunghee were fighting. We make you confused and Seunghee had told me everything.” I said.

 

He palmed his face in embarrassment. “Ahhh that girl.”

 

I laughed. “Don’t worry, it was all my fault. That’s why I’m saying sorry now.” I apologized again before one of the teachers, Mr Song made an announcement on the stage.

 

After 30 minutes dancing, the MC knocked the microphone a few times to get attention from all students. “Final Year Students, are you happy now?” he asked as the students chanted ‘YES’ simultaneously. “Now, we will announce the ‘Prince and the Princess of 2018.” he said to make the students clap their hands happily. Seunghee and Jihoo came towards us before I elbowed Seunghee in the face. “What if you and Jihoon are the prince and the princess?”

 

Seunghee narrowed her eyes as she pinched me lightly. “You know that it will never be.” she said before both of us giggled softly.

 

“So the prince and princess of the year are…” he paused awhile and sent nervous to everyone. “Chae Hyungwon and Kim Jaena.” Mr Song announced as the spotlight went to Hyungwon who was beside me. I smiled before clapping my hands in pride to make him smile shyly. He almost pulled me up along with him but what other students said because I’m not the princess dude. Both Hyungwon and Jaena wore the crown by our headmaster.

 

Seunghee came closer. “It’s okay. You are always a princess to me.” she whispered as I giggled.

 

“I don’t mind at all about this.” I replied.

 

The students cheered for them as the prince and princess bowed to the crowd. “So, next. The best couple of the year are…” another suspense award made Seunghee and Jihoon held their hands tightly.

 

“Congratulations to… Chae Hyungwon and Gong Hanseol!”

 

I was shocked. Now, all eyes were on me and Hyungwon ran down from the stage as he handed his hand out for me to grab it. I smiled shyly before slowly gripping his hand and he led the way to the stage. I felt so embarrassed that I didn’t even lift my head up.