Twenty Three

MR DISORDER

The evening came as I woke up from my sleep. I looked around and it seemed like Chanyeol had left the room. I took my phone to check the time however my eyes fell on the hundreds of missed calls from Seunghee and Hyungwon. Messages were more than that so I decided to clear the notifications and walked out from the room, leaving those messages hanging. I roamed my eyes around while I sought for Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol.

 

“Immo~ Chanyeol~” I called before Chanyeol ran to me from the kitchen and made me smile. “Where is Aunt Mijoo?” I asked as he pointed at the kitchen. I stepped closer to him and both of us walked to the kitchen together.

 

Aunt Mijoo was busy with her cooking, perhaps for our dinner. “Oh Hanseol ah, you wake up already? Hungry? You haven’t eaten your lunch yet.” she blabbered while her hands worked on the meals.

 

I giggled. “It’s okay. I will take dinner instead.” I said as my eyes fell on Chanyeol who was playing with dinosaurs as usual. I moved to him and gazed at him who was focused on his toys rather than me. “Chanyeol ah…”

 

He looked at me with his innocent eyes.

 

“Do you want to go to the park?” I asked as he rounded his eyes which were already big like ping pong balls.

 

Chanyeol nodded happily before clapping his hand many times. “I want I want I want!” he repeated it cheerfully as me and Aunt Mijoo burst into laughter.

 

“Let’s go.” I stood up and followed him. I glanced at Aunt Mijoo. “Immo, I bring Chanyeol out awhile okay.” I told her as she nodded in agreement. I held his hands before both of us walked out from the house. Aunt Mijoo shouted from inside ‘be careful’ and we both chanted ‘yes’ simultaneously. The park in the neighbourhood was not that far. I went there many times with Aunt Mijoo and sometimes with Seunghee since we lived in the same neighbourhood.

 

Once we arrived, there were a lot of children of Chanyeol's ages. Chanyeol, who was coming here for the first time, jumped like the other kids. I smiled before letting him free to the playground. I took a seat on the bench that was used for parents to look after their children.

 

“Chanyeol, be careful~” I told him as he nodded and got to the slides nearby there. Since he was the only tall man there, it was easy to look at him.

 

When the kids were queueing for their turn to get down through the slide, Chanyeol was waiting too like an obedient kid. I can’t stop smiling like a proud mother because he was a nice boy and even played on the playground. Some kids started to approach and I could see he was smiling, cheering and clapping hands happily. “Good boy.” I murmured alone while my eyes still on him and I was not even blinked. Then, I saw a small stall selling ice cream that made me want to buy it forChanyeol.

 

As I was about to go to the stall, I heard children crying as I spun around to see what happened. My eyes were circled in surprise as I knew it was Chanyeol crying along with a kid. I ran to him before I could hear a woman yelling at him. “What is wrong with you?” I asked that woman.

 

The woman glared at Chanyeol while he was crying in fear. “What is wrong with me? You should ask this stupid man! Why is he playing here with his age like this?” that woman let out her anger while comforting her son.

 

I heaved a sigh before looking at Chanyeol. “Park Chanyeol, what had happened just now? I know you never lie.” I questioned sternly as Chanyeol sobbed with tears rolled on his cheeks.

 

“It was my turn to play that slide but he pushed me away. I-I queued again and he kept taking my turn so I pushed everyone. Then, this ahjumma yelled at me.” he said between his cries and it became louder because it was Park Chanyeol after all.

 

Everyone was gathered around us as they were whispering with each other. “Stupid man!” The woman that just got mad at Chanyeol cursed made me glared at her. I folded my sleeves before pulling Chanyeol up and Chanyeol just hid behind me while crying in fear. I my lips as I stood up directly in front of that rude woman. Well, suited her.

 

“Are you too smart to call someone sick like him stupid?” I asked calmly as that woman rounded her eyes to me. Probably shocked with my words. “He is cleverer than you in human manner terms.” I added.

 

She took a step closer to me. “Why are you defending this man? Are you his girlfriend?” she questioned me back as I rolled my eyes.

 

I cleared my throat. “No wonder your son has no manner because you are his mother.” I said sarcastically as some of the parents over there were surprised. “You should teach your son etiquette while playing on the public playground. I am afraid that your son’s future will gloom if he keeps his rude manner until he grows up.” I added.

 

That woman breathed ups and downs and I saw it clearly since she was a bit chubby. You understand it well, right? She glared at me coldly. “Ya! You seem to back up your weak boyfriend. You are a student, right? Give me your parent’s phone number!” she bawled as she got ready with her phone.

 

I crossed my arms. “You can ask them from heaven.” I grinned and made her stop speechless. “Now, I want your son to apologize to him for being rough and rude.”

 

She gaped while massaging her temple. “Ya! Don’t you dare call my son rude and rough!” she shouted and made Chanyeol tug my shirt from behind in fear.

 

“That’s the facts, old woman. First, he pushed him. Second, he took his queue. And third, he has a mother like you. He deserve an apologize from you too.” I blabbered without hesitate make that woman fist her hands in resent. As she was about to burst her anger, some women who were watching over us started to murmured to her. “It’s your son fault.” “Just apologize.” “Eihh this woman…” and I won’t mention the rest because it were contained bad words by the way.

 

That woman bombed her second glare at me before bowing to me and Chanyeol with her not-so-sincere expression. I changed my sight to her kid as he bowed in scared. “W-We’re sorry.” she apologized in a reluctant manner which was not really sincere.

 

I faced Chanyeol who was already stopped from his crying. “Will you forgive them, Chanyeol?” I asked.

 

He looked at them in hesitation before nodding slowly.

 

I smirked. “You should be grateful that my ‘boyfriend’ forgave you. If it was me, I won’t or maybe I will make a report for harassing by words towards disorder patients like him publicly.” I said not even scared of her. The woman pulled her son as both of them quickly walked away from the park. I giggled before facing Chanyeol in happiness. “Are you okay?” I asked while checking on him, thinking that the woman probably hit him or what.

 

Chanyeol shook his head as both of us smiled at each other. “Don’t be afraid. Noona will always be there for you okay.” I convinced him as he hugged me in his long arms. I giggled before patting his back softly. A poked on my shoulder as I released from his hug and spun around. The women who were watching the war just now looking at us.

 

“Is he your brother?” one of them asked me.

 

I nodded.

 

“He is sick?” another question was asked as I glanced at Chanyeol.

 

I took a deep breath. It will be a long explanation. “Well, you can say that he is sick. He is 23 years old but something bad happened that made him 8 years old. I hope you don’t mind treating him like other kids since he didn’t ask for this.” I told her and some of them showed sympathy. “And I’m sorry for the chaos that we made.” I said before bowing to them as Chanyeol followed me bowing too.

 

They giggled with Chanyeol’s cheeky action. “It’s okay, dear. You are a good sister. I was confused at first when I saw him playing at the playground and then he called you ‘noona’ which made me even confused. Hope he will get well soon.” said another woman.

 

I smiled. “I hope for it too.” I looked at Chanyeol before tiptoeing to him. “Dance for them to say thank you.” I whispered and made Chanyeol nod.

 

Chanyeol jumped around before dancing playfully as the women burst into laughter. After a few minutes, Chanyeol returned again to the playground. Now, all the children were surrounding him and playing with him. I smiled while still eyeing on him playing with the kids. It was an hour at the playground as some kids went back home with their parents.

 

“Chanyeol, come. Let’s go back home.” I called as he ran to me instantly.

 

He was sweating a lot and I wiped it with tissues. Then, a few kids came as they looked at me with their gullible faces. “Noona, can you bring Chanyeol here again?” they asked before Chanyeol cheered happily.

 

I giggled. “Sure but there is one condition.” I said.

 

They looked at each other dumbfounded.

 

“I will bring Chanyeol if you play along with me next time.” I teasingly said make them gleed in rejoice.

 

I laughed before both of us waved a goodbye to the kids there. I stopped at the stall that I was about to go to just now before I bought an ice cream for Chanyeol. We walked together while Chanyeol jumpily ate his ice cream and made me giggled. Sometimes, we stopped for a while to wipe the ice cream stain on Chanyeol’s face or he wanted to feed me his ice cream.

 

Once we arrived, Aunt Mijoo had prepared the dinner before she took Chanyeol for bathing. I went to my room and refreshed myself with bathing and pajamas. The night came and the three of us gathered at the dining table for dinner.

 

“How are you now?” asked Aunt Mijoo, making me stop from munching.

 

I smiled. “Well, getting better. Chanyeol helped me.” I lifted my eyebrows to Chanyeol, making him snickered in shyness.

 

“That’s a relief to hear that. Thank you, Channie yaa~” she pinched Chanyeol’s stubby cheek and made all of us laugh.

 

Without my knowing, all my painful memories at school slowly faded and I was glad that I didn’t remember it while with Chanyeol. I stared at him as our eyes met each other. “Thank you.” I mouthed to him made him smile, showing his cute dimples again.