Twenty Two

MR DISORDER

The next morning came as I woke up as usual. Another school day and I had to face them no matter what. I shook my head, trying to erase any uneasy feelings. I got ready in my school uniform and went out once I wore my bag on my back. I faced aside at Chanyeol’s room where his door was opened with a slight gap.

 

I entered his room slowly to see he was still sleeping. I smiled before moving closer towards him. “Chanyeol.” I whispered his name as he scrunched his nose in his sleep. Probably felt disturb with my voice.

 

“Park Chanyeol.” I whispered again but this time directed to his ear made him wake up in surprise. He looked around in surprise before he eyed on me.

 

Thought he would be mad but he only gave me a warm smile. “Noona…” he called with his raspy deep voice as I slid off the curtain. “Let’s play again, noona!” he said while looking at me with his messy curly hair. I giggled before I landed my bum beside him as he glanced at me with sparkle rounded eyes.

 

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I have school today.” I sadly said as he pouted cutely with his blossom lips.

 

The door opened widely before Aunt Mijoo suddenly appeared. “Channie ya~ Time to-” she stopped from choiring when her eyes fell on us. She looked at both of us one by one and we eyed her awkwardly. “How did-” she was confused as I stood up and walked out quickly from the room. I straight went to the dining table, avoiding those strange scenes.

 

Chanyeol and Aunt Mijoo came after that as they took their usual seats. Aunt Mijoo moved forward to me before palming my forehead with her right hand and palmed her forehead with her left hand. “Okay, the fever is getting better.” she said.

 

I giggled before I started to eat my breakfast.

 

“Are you really okay to go to school now? Or I can ask for one day leave for you from the doctor. It seems you didn’t take any respirator yesterday.” she said in worry. Well, this is one of my weaknesses. Whenever I get sick or have a fever, I always face these kinds of breathing difficulties in which I need to use my oxygen marks or portable respirator and this has happened since I was a kid.

 

These were the things that I like about my aunt. She always cared about me at all. “Don’t worry, Immo. I’m good and strong!” I showed my thin biceps at her and made her and Chanyeol laugh.

 

I went to school as soon as I finished my breakfast. During the journey to school, I prayed that I would never bump into either Hyungwon or Seunghee. I was not in the mood to meet them. I looked around once I arrived at the school entrance, checked whether there were any figures that I wanted to avoid. Clear!

 

I took a step before someone stopped me from behind. “Hanseol?”

 

Damn! That voice!

 

I ran into the school while Hyungwon chased after me. “Hanseol, wait!” he called as I kept on running away from him.

 

Too bad my stamina was low and he was faster than I thought. He grabbed my arm before spun me around as I faced him in surprise. “Gong Hanseol.” he panted in tiredness and that was his first time calling my full name. I looked at his hand which was holding my arm, quickly I took my hand away from him. He sighed while his eyes gazed at me tenderly. Ugh I hate those eyes!

 

“Why are you running from me?” he asked.

 

I looked away in tense. “I need to go to class.” I stepped away from him and just ignored he was calling my name a few times. I calmed myself before straight away to class as I thought everything will be alright however, another person appeared make me heaved a sigh. Seunghee who saw me from a far hurriedly came to me. “Hanseol ah…”

 

“What?”

 

She tried to hold my hand but I moved it away. “Okay, I know you are mad at me but please, you have to listen to me first.” she begged desperately.

 

I glared at her coldly. “Class almost started. I have to go.” I firmly said before walking into the class.

 

Seunghee eyed on me as she followed me from behind. The whole day in class I decided to focus on the subjects instead of chit chatting like always and it was really rare of me. Seunghee was still trying to get my attention but the thing that she had done can’t be forgotten by me, of course. The break time and I chose to stay in class while Seunghee was there too with me, staring at me all the time.

 

“Hanseol…”

 

I glanced at her in annoyance. “If you want to be here, please. Keep quiet.” I sternly warned her to make sure she zipped instantly.

 

She came closer to me. “Why are you so mad at me?” she questioned such an obvious question.

 

I stamped the table in anger, making Seunghee flinched in shock. “Do you really want to know why I'm mad at you?” I asked her back as she looked at me with her eyes rounded in fear. “First, you lied to me. Second, You betrayed me. And lastly…” I breathed ups and downs fastly before I palmed my chest, calming myself or I would have lost my breath. “H-Hyungwon…” I could feel my breath was stuck as I sat down tired.

 

Seunghee, who was panicking, held me in a rush. “Hanseol…” she called my name in fright.

 

I gripped Seunghee’s uniform before trying to grasp some air but it was too hard. All I can see was Seunghee was crying while shook me in helpless. “Hanseol ah!” Hyungwon’s voice suddenly appeared as I could see Hyungwon with my eyes half opened. He patted my cheeks a few times lightly as I could feel that my body was lifted up and of course it was Hyungwon the one who carried me. I was jumpy since Hyungwon seems like he was running in rush before I shutted down my eyes in tired and everything turned dark.

 

As the time passed by, I heard a whispery voice beside me as I slowly opened my heavy eyes. I looked around to see the place was not really familiar to me. “Hanseol…”

 

I spun my head aside to see Seunghee was sniveled beside the bed. “What are you doing here?” I asked with all the energy that left.

 

She wiped her tears. “I’m sorry.” she cried and made me sigh heavily.

 

I didn’t know why but my heart was too hard to see or even forgive her. From what she did to me last time, she is the only friend that I have and now, I understand how it feels to be betrayed by a friend. I looked away, trying to calm myself. “I want to go home.” I murmured before slowly sat up straight. In a second, someone grabbed my arms to help me up. I turned my head aside as Hyungwon was the one who helped me.

 

“Let me send you home.” he said and his smile was still warm as usual.

 

However, for this time I felt nothing. I slowly removed his hands. “It’s okay. I can go by myself.” I rejected him which was rare to him. I was about to get down from the bed before Hyungwon reached me again. “Gong Hanseol, what have I done? Me and Seunghee are confused by your changes.” he raised his voice a bit as it was a surprise to hear that.

 

“If you want to know, you can ask her.” I sarcastically said before pointing to Seunghee.

 

Hyungwon who was still holding my hand as I reluctantly untangled his hand but he won’t let me go. I really wanted to scream but the door was opened wide, making all of us astonished. “Hanseol!” Aunt Mijoo barged in before she hugged me in her arms. I was too surprised with her appearance as she pushed me lightly and checked on me in worry. “Are you alright, dear?” she was almost in tears and made me smile.

 

“I’m alright.” I answered as my eyes fell on someone behind the door. “Chanyeol?”

 

He peeped a bit before his eyes met my eyes to make both of us smile at each other. Hyungwon and Seunghee were looking at him and Hyungwon especially will be more surprised since they had met each other once. “Chanyeol, come here. Help noona-” Aunt Mijoo ordered but I butted in.

 

“Can you lend me your arm? Help me please.” I cut her as Chanyeol ran to me and with swift movement, he put his arm around my waist while I encircled my arm around his arm. We walked out together slowly as I just ignored those two friends who were still dumbfounded.

 

Aunt Mijoo looked at us before her sight changed to my friends. “Seunghee shi, thank you for helping Hanseol.” she thanked her with her sincere smile.

 

Seunghee replied with a tender smile. “Actually, Hyungwon did it.” she said make me stop from walking. Aunt Mijoo glanced at Hyungwon who was still eyed on me. I glanced at him before I kept walking out and let Aunt Mijoo talk with them. I was silent all the time while Chanyeol was still with me and I was leaning on him totally. Once we reached the house, both Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol helped me to go to my room.

 

I laid down on the bed exhausted. I felt like my energy was out due to breathlessness. Aunt Mijoo landed her bum beside me meanwhile Chanyeol stared at his toy blankly. “Are you alright?” she asked the same question from the school.

 

“I’m okay.” I answered shortly.

 

She caressed my hair softly. “I told you to be careful.” she lectured with her lips ducked cutely. “I’m sorry for not taking care of you well. Ahh…” she heaved a sigh. “Your late parents must be mad at me now.” she added.

 

I gazed at Aunt Mijoo before holding her hand. “Immo, you did very very well. It’s all my fault for being weak.” I thinned my lips as she pecked on my forehead.

 

“Rest for now. I will make some food for you.” She told me to smile again.

 

“Oh Immo, you are not working today?” I asked.

 

She shook her head. “How can I leave you alone when my pretty niece is sick?”

 

I chuckled lightly. “I have Chanyeol though. He can company me, right Channie~” I changed my sight to him before Chanyeol showed his teeth smile widely and made me and Aunt Mijoo burst into laughter.

 

Aunt Mijoo went out to make some food for us to eat meanwhile Chanyeol stayed in my room. I looked at him before sitting down slowly, leaning on the head of the bed. “Chanyeol ah, come here.” I called him before he instantly climbed the bed and sat closely to me. I took this chance as I put my head on his broad shoulder. “Chanyeol ah…”

 

He glanced at me and made me look up at him. “Am I bad?” I questioned.

 

Chanyeol pondered before he beamed with his dimples showing on his cheeks. “Noona is the best!” he gave a thumbs up at me and made me snickered over his cuteness. I brushed his curly hair as I leaned on him again in pampered.