Twenty One

MR DISORDER

I felt like my head was heavy and my face was burning hot. I stared at the clock which was 8:30 pm since the sky out there got darker. I wiped my sweat on my forehead before taking my phone. 27 missed calls from Seunghee, 21 missed calls from Hyungwon and messages were too many which I believed both of them were spamming me all the time. I sighed. I had been silent on my phone since I arrived home.

 

The door opened as Aunt Mijoo came in with a worried expression on her face. “Hanseol…” she called me softly before sitting beside me. “Are you alright? I think you got fever since your body is hot as burn.” She told me to breathe heavily.

 

I smiled at her, convinced my one and only aunt that I was okay. “Don’t worry. It will go away.” I assured her as she giggled lightly.

 

“That’s my girl.” She caressed my hair gently. “You rest first. I'll make you some dinner.” told Aunt Mijoo before she walked out and sometimes she spun around to check on me.

 

I shook my head as I slowly sat down, too bored if I kept laying down on bed even if it was just a simple and most fun activity though. I faced aside as I saw the frame photo of Seunghee and Hyungwon that I was holding probably during the whole time when I was sleeping. Without noticing, I was staring at the photo and tears slowly rolled on my cheeks again. Why is it hard for me to accept this?

 

The door again opened slightly before a head ducked in to look after me. “Noona…?” a deep voice called and I know it was him. I looked at Chanyeol who was slowly going closer to me before he sat beside me with his dinosaur toys in his grip. “Noona, why are you crying?” he asked warmly while he eyed on me.

 

I shook my head, denying him as my tears kept on flowing which I was unable to control anymore. Chanyeol who saw me made him cry along with me. “Noona… don’t cry…” he weeped before I hugged him in my arms.

 

“I’m sorry, I can’t stand it.” I cried on his chest while he was crying on my shoulder. I felt his long arms wrap around my torso and now, I realized that I was smaller than him since he covered me after all. “You shouldn’t cry, Chanyeol ah.” I said between my tears as he was shakingly crying in my arms.

 

He pushed me lightly as we faced each other. “It’s hurt me to see you cry.” he sobbed before I cupped his face, wiping his tears.

 

“Ya… I’m the one who cries, you should comfort me. Not cry along with me.” I teasingly said and a smile slowly carved on my lips made Chanyeol give a smile, showing his sweet dimples. “That’s my boy.” I messed his curly hair before I hugged him again. “Thank you for crying with me, Chanyeol ah.”

 

He nodded while leaning on me comfortably. “You are not crying, right?” he questioned.

 

I giggled. “Nope.”

 

The next morning came and the most interesting was I got medical leave! I had been waiting for this day to come where I can rest and sleep and eat and rest and sleep and eat and repeat it. I woke up and used all my strength from the perfect 8 hours slept, walked out from the room slowly to the dining table. Aunt Mijoo was busy at the kitchen while Chanyeol was playing on the dining table with his favourite toys. “Morning, everyone.” I greet them.

 

Aunt Mijoo who saw me smiled widely. “Aigoo my niece wake up already~ Channie ya, go and help Hanseol noona.” she said as Chanyeol rushed to me.

 

I snickered. “Aishh I’m not having a serious illness. Just a slight fever.” I said but just let Chanyeol hold me by my arm to the table.

 

“Remember when you were small, you had to use an oxygen mask whenever you had a fever because you would lose breath.” reminded Aunt Mijoo make me giggled. She still remembers that. Chanyeol leaded me towards the chair as I sat down slowly. I looked at him before mouthed to him ‘Thank you’ and gave him a warm smile.

 

He took a seat opposite me as he continued to play his toys again. Aunt Mijoo came while serving delicious breakfast that was rarely cooked by her. It was a full set of traditional korean breakfast. There were rice, galbi (grilled short ribs), moo saengchae (radish strip kimchi), oi naengguk (cold cucumber soup), seasoned kelp and spicy stewed fish. I was awed with the dishes and Chanyeol of course more excited.

 

We started to eat our breakfast delightfully. Aunt Mijoo can’t stop praising Chanyeol's improvement in using chopsticks and makes me smile with pride. After breakfast, I went to my room after taking my medicine and fortunately, Aunt Mijoo was taking a leave because of me. The door knocked as Chanyeol came in. Seems like he just did his bath since his strawberry soap scent spreaded around the room once he got in.

 

“What is it?” I asked him.

 

He sat beside me with pouty lips that made me frown my forehead.

 

“Is there anything happening?” I questioned because usually when he acted like this, definitely he wanted something that he can’t get.

 

Chanyeol looked at me. “I want to play with noona.” he said while his lips ducked like a real duck.

 

I giggled over his innocent face before caressing his thick hair. “Aigoo…” I smiled as I gave a space a bit on my bed even though it was not big enough but it fit him well. “Come. Let’s bring your toys here and we play together okay.”

 

He enlightened suddenly while looking at me with his circle eyes. “Really?”

 

I nodded before he ran out and in a minute, he rushed into my room again with dinosaurs full in his arms. I laughed as he put his toys on the bed. “So, what do you want to play?” I asked even though I will never understand what kind of games that he usually played. He had taught me once but you know how dumb I was at that time.

 

“This time, noona chose what to play, okay.” he said with his cheeks squished up.

 

I thought while observing the toys that he brought in. What can I play with these things? I faced the dinosaurs again before an idea came up all of a sudden. Well, since I got mc today, so why not I have fun right? I took all of his dinosaurs and arranged them on the floor at the end of my room. I looked at Chanyeol as he blinked his eyes a few times looking at his toys.

 

“Are you ready?” I asked before, lifting my left eyebrow many times with naughty smile.

 

He stared at me in a puzzle. “What game is this?” he asked in clueless.

 

I tied my hands at the back of my body and walked back and forth like a professor. “We will play… Dino Bowling!” I named it randomly in which I thought of it about 3 seconds ago.

 

“D-Dino Bowling…?”

 

I giggled as I took two pairs of socks and clumped it like a ball. “So, we have to throw this sock to those dinosaurs. The more dinosaurs fall down, the more chances you can win.” I briefed and the game was quite simple just like a bowling game.

 

Chanyeol nodded while clapping his hands happily. “Great! I want to play~” he cheered and made me smile.

 

“So, I start first okay. Watch and learn.” I said proudly before I took a far distance but it was not so far since we were just in my small room. I stared at the dinosaurs in front of me and got into a perfect position to throw the sock. In a second, I threw the sock while both of us eyed on the sock which rolled towards the toys. It hit 6 out of 10 as I cheered for myself. “Yes! Six! More than half!” I squealed in happiness.

 

“I want, I want!” Chanyeol took the sock as I rearranged the dinosaurs again.

 

I looked at him. “Okay, now your turn.” I said.

 

He narrowed his eyes on the dinosaurs and I can’t help but gazed on his sharp eyes focused on his toys. He takes this game seriously. I shook my head while still staring at him. With a smooth movement, he threw the sock towards the toys and to my surprise, he dropped almost all of it but too bad, only 8 fell down. I gaped my jaws in speechless while Chanyeol was gleed in joy.

 

“Noona, you see that! I win!” he jumped around the room as I looked at him in jealousy. How can an 8 years old beat someone 19 years old like me?

 

I cleared my throat. “Park Chanyeol.”

 

He faced me once I mentioned his full name.

 

“Let’s make a bet.” I stepped closer to him before my head automatically looked up at him since he was too tall for a short person like me. Hyungwon was quite tall but Chanyeol was taller than him. “If one of us can get all the toys fall…” I pondered. Ahah! “The winner can ask for anything from the loser.”

 

Chanyeol’s face turned brighter as he nodded in agreement.

 

Well, it was just a simple bet. If I win, what do I want from him? Hah! I can just ask him to listen to me for a whole day without complaining like a servant. Cool! But what if he wins? Aish he must ask for a new dinosaur. Easy!

 

I took the sock before starting to throw it and we played alternately. I almost got struck but there was always one dinosaur that was too stubborn to fall. Stupid toy! After 30 minutes of playing, no one got a clean strike which made me tired. It was Chanyeol’s turn as he got into his position. His eyes focused like an eagle’s eyes as I smirked at him in snobbish. “Aihh you won’t get strike, Park Chanyeol.” I but he ignored it.

 

He threw it before he suddenly cheered in happiness and made me jump in surprise. “Why why?” I asked, puzzled while Chanyeol pointed towards the clean strike that he made. What the-

 

“How did you do that?” I was dumbfounded.

 

He crossed his arms proudly before he came towards me at a very close distance. I was nervous as I was unable to take a step behind and just gazed at him in anxiety. “W-What do you want? New dinosaur?” I stuttered while asking him. Why am I so jumpy now?

 

I was expecting he will clap his hands and cheer in happiness because he will get a new collection of dinosaurs but then, my expectation was missed.

 

Chanyeol shook his head, rejecting my present.

 

“Then, what do you want?”

 

He tapped his index finger on his lips a few times before his eyes met my eyes. “I will tell you later.” he said as he went away to collect his toys.

 

I palmed my chest, felt my heartbeat pumping like a crazy. “What was that?” I murmured to myself.