Twenty

MR DISORDER

As we arrived at the mall, Aunt Mijoo became dazzling over the cosmetics stores there while me and Chanyeol followed her like servants. I looked around since my target was clothing stores while Aunt Mijoo wanted the beauty products. “Immo, I’m going to look for some dresses. Anything just call me.” I said before Chanyeol held my hand and made me look at him. “You stay with Aunt Mijoo.”

 

He shook his head. “I want to go with noona.” he whined with his pouty lips.

 

Aunt Mijoo signaled me to bring him along before he threw tantrums here. In the end, I brought him along with me while he kept tugging on my jacket. It looked like I was dragging him rather than following me around. I stopped at a dress store as I checked through the dresses that were on sales. “Oh my… 70% discounts?!” I was amazed with the prices.

 

I took two dresses in which they were the same design but different colours. I faced Chanyeol who was bored waiting for me. “Chanyeol ah…”

 

He faced me with his stubby cheeks.

 

“Which one is nice? Blue or red?” I asked. Even an opinion from Chanyeol the eight years old boy seems irrelevant but who knows, that was a miracle that his choice is better than anyone else.

 

Chanyeol walked around me while staring at the dresses. “Is it for noona?” he questioned, making the sales girls over there laughed towards us. I rolled my eyes before I put the dresses back on the hangers. I pulled Chanyeol out from the store as he stopped from dragging him. “Hanseol noona…”

 

I stopped before throwing his hand away. “What?” I asked in mad.

 

He smiled, showing off his dimples. “It’s red, noona.” he said, making me frown in puzzlement. “Red for noona.” he added more as my lips slowly curved into a smile.

 

I held his hand again, afraid that he would lose before we walked together to other stores. He didn’t help a lot but at least I have a companion, my shopping day will always be perfect. As I found a great store, I went into it but all of a sudden, I froze. “Hyungwon…” I saw him again. At the mall again! I faced Chanyeol who was looking nowhere in the blank.

 

“Chanyeol ah… can you-” No no. If he stays here, he might lose like last time. Aish let’s just approach him with Chanyeol. I will tell him everything.

 

Once I was about to take a step to Hyungwon, I saw someone who was familiar to me. Someone that I know the most. “S-Seunghee…?” I was lost in words. Seunghee was running lightly to Hyungwon as they met while replying to each other's smiles. The smile Hyungwon used to give to me and Seunghee smile too. I tried to blink a few times but it wasn’t a dream. They were real in front of me!

 

I palmed my chest to calm myself with the shocking view that I had seen. Chanyeol who saw me quickly held my hand tightly. “Noona…” he called and sounded worried.

 

My breath was uncontrolled ups and downs fastly and so did my heart. Pumping like crazy. Aunt Mijoo who was looking for us came closer to me before looking at me strangely. “Hanseol, are you okay?” she asked while checking on me. I nodded instantly before looking up to front. Seunghee and Hyungwon were lost from sight. I must be missing them that’s why I keep on seeing them perhaps.`

 

Aunt Mijoo brought us to a small cafe while Aunt Mijoo ordered some drinks. Chanyeol who was looking outside made me face him. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

“I want to go there.” he pointed to a small indoor playground where usually parents left their children there so they could shop peacefully.

 

I sighed. “Let’s go.” I said in surrender, making him clap his hands in happiness. “Immo, we will be at the playground.” I told her as Chanyeol dragged me out to that place.

 

As he was about to enter the place, a lady stopped him and he looked at her in puzzle. “I’m sorry, sir. This is only for kids.” she told me before I eyed on Chanyeol. Ahh… his appearance is not eight years old. I pulled Chanyeol a bit far from the playground as he started with his sulky face with his ducked lips. I pushed him to sit down on the bench nearby before I sat beside him.

 

“Chanyeol ah, we just watch from here okay?” I persuaded him as he started to cry whenever he wanted.

 

He shook his legs reluctantly. “I want to play there.” he complained and I was about to comfort him, he cried loudly and made everyone stare at us. ! I palmed his mouth before wrapping him in my arms to reduce his voice. I bowed slightly to the people who kept eyeing on us while patting Chanyeol’s back who was crying on my chest. “Noona~ I want to play~” he sobbed intensely and made everything hard.

 

Aunt Mijoo who saw us quickly got me and Chanyeol. “I’m sorry. My son and daughter are playing around.” she told as everyone started to walk away and stopped observing us. “What’s going on?” Aunt Mijoo grinned before slowly checking on Chanyeol.

 

“I want to play on the playground.” he said between his tears.

 

She smiled. “This playground is boring. Later, I’ll bring you to a very big playground. Big big playground.” Aunt Mijoo convinced him while he was leaning on me and slowly curved into a smile. “That’s my boy.” she caressed his hair gently before wiping his tears. I need to learn more to comfort a kid.

 

Aunt Mijoo looked at me. “Stay here awhile. I need to take the drinks that I had ordered just now.” told her as she walked back to the cafe again.

 

I faced Chanyeol before I took out a dinosaur toy from my pocket. I had brought it from home because I thought that he would cry or something else so I was well prepared for this kind of situation. I handed it to him and made Chanyeol’s eyes rounded. “My Stegoceras!” he exclaimed in rejoice as he shook his toy and made me giggled softly.

 

I stood up before pulling Chanyeol up too so that I could fix his messy curly hair. As we were about to walk away, we bumped into someone that made Chanyeol’s toy fall. “I’m sorry.” said that person as she picked up the toy.

 

“It’s okay.” I said politely before she handed me the toy but when I saw her face, my eyes rounded so did her. “S-Seunghee?” I was stuttering while Seunghee looked at me in shock.

 

“H-Hanseol-”

 

“Seunghee ah, where-” Hyungwon who just appeared beside her made me glanced at them speechless. Both of them looked astounded and shocked while I was trying to keep myself calm but my hands were shaking nervously. Chanyeol who was holding my hand since just now, tightly gripped my trembling hand. “Oh… Hanseol ah…” Hyungwon greeted me first while I was still eyed on Seunghee.

 

I can’t believe what she had done to me. She just lied to me. My lips were totally dried and I didn't even know how to react. “I-I…” I was stammered with my words. “I… have to go.”

 

My tears almost burst and I didn't know what to do. I kept looking around while trying to find something to distract me. “Hanseol ah… I have-” Seunghee was about to say something before Aunt Mijoo came up to us.

 

“Oh Seunghee ah~” she happily greeted me before facing me who was awkwardly standing in front of them. “Oh Hanseol ah, you planned to meet them here?” asked Aunt Mijoo as she looked again at them. “You are Hyungwon, right?” she guessed.

 

Hyungwon nodded with a smile before he bowed in manner.

 

“Ahhh, Hanseol always talks about you a lot.” Aunt Mijoo added.

 

I was too dumbfounded before I excused myself to the toilet. I ran away and went into one of the cubicles in the ladies toilet. At last, my tears that I endured since just now burst out. I palmed my chest while trying to control myself from falling deep into emotion. How could she do that to me? Tears rolled on my cheeks as the sound of my sobbing got louder than usual.

 

The door knocked made me jump in surprise. “Hanseol, let me explain.” Seunghee. She kept knocking on the door and hearing her voice making me even more hurt.

 

“Go away!” I told her between my cries as she started to shake the door.

 

“Hanseol, you have to listen to me first.” she insisted, making me cover my ears in frustration.

 

“I said go away!!” I yelled on top of my lung before the door stopped from making any noise. I sat down on the lid of the toilet loo and without noticing, I cried unstoppable. I could feel my whole face got hotter and wet due to the tears. I thought you were my friend, Seunghee. My head was heavy and all I could say was that my head suddenly felt stunk. Seems like I will get a headache.

 

After an hour staying long in the toilet, I walked out from the toilet weakly before Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol ran and got me quickly. “Hanseol ah, are you okay?” asked Aunt Mijoo while cupped my face.

 

I looked around and sometimes I wanted to scold myself for seeking Hyungwon and Seunghee like useless people. “Noona, your face is red.” Chanyeol said as Aunt Mijoo immediately checked my face.

 

“You look so pale, Hanseol. Come, let’s go home.” she said as she held my left arm meanwhile Chanyeol linked his arm with my right arm.

 

I walked slowly, leaning on Chanyeol tiredly since he was closer to me and looked stronger to handle my weight compared to Aunt Mijoo. Aunt Mijoo drove away from the mall to the house as Chanyeol was still holding me in his arms. Sometimes, Aunt Mijoo peeped on me through the rear-mirror view while focused on driving the car.

 

Soon, we reached the house, she helped me out and brought me to my room instantly. I sat on the bed before Aunt Mijoo pushed me down to lie on bed. “Rest awhile. Immo will make some soup for you.” she caressed my forehead softly.

 

I held her hand. “No, it’s okay. I just want… to sleep.” I told her, Aunt Mijoo nodded. Respect my decision.

 

She went out before closing the door, leaving me a space for me to sleep. I looked on the bedside table as my hand reached out a photo frame. I stared at the photo of Seunghee, Hyungwon and I when the first time we began to get close to each other. At that time was the first time we were mingled after school and in the meantime, celebrating Hyungwon’s birthday. Tears flowed from my eyes as I closed my eyes tightly, trying to forget everything.

 

I wish my mum and dad were here. I wish they were here. I wish they would bring me with them. Please….